MHProNews has kept an eye on and accordingly reported the growing strains between the U.S. and China during the post-COVID19 era. There are several reasons to do so, including the fact that manufactured housing supply chains for MHVille’s production sector have for years in many cases go to China. It doesn’t take a crystal ball to grasp that if a shooting war between China and the U.S. erupted those supply chains could quickly grind to a halt. Depending on the location, combatants, and kind of conflict, the disruption that war could cause manufactured housing industry producers and all others who are dependent on supply chains with China become questionable to terminated. Put differently, there is a need for manufactured housing industry producers to pivot sooner than later away from ordering products or components from Communist China. With that brief backdrop, Part I of today’s article is the reported warning by the Secretary of the Army who is issuing warnings about a coming war with China. Part II is additional information about China that includes MHProNews’ MHVille related articles on that burning topic. Part III is our signature Daily Business News stock market report, which includes the left-right (CNN-Newsmax) market moving (and time saving) headlines recap.
From the WND News Center to MHProNews is the following report.
Army chief: If ‘major war’ breaks out, China will attack U.S. homeland
‘This is an important year to get in position … create enduring advantage’
By WND Staff Published February 28, 2023 at 3:51pm
The secretary of the Army is warning there could be – even would be – an attack on the U.S. homeland by the Chinese military if a “major war” breaks out.
“It we got into a major war with China, the United States homeland would be at risk as well with both kinetic attacks and non-kinetic attacks – whether it’s cyberattacks on the power grid or on pipelines,” said Christine Wormuth, army secretary, during an event at the American Enterprise Institute.
“They are going to go after the will of the United States public. They’re going to try to erode support for a conflict,” she said, according to the Washington Examiner.
She explained the China’s People’s Liberation Army forces “are not yet prepared to launch an invasion of Taiwan, according to U.S. intelligence and military officials,” the report said.
But the top Army officer in that region suggested the U.S. forces should speed up their preparations.
“The payload of exercises in pathways is really at its zenith here in ’23,” Lt. Gen. Charles Flynn, commander of U.S. Army Pacific, said in the report. He was referring to an array of U.S. military exercises in the Indo-Pacific.
“This is an important year to get in position [and] create enduring advantage … so we’re ready to do that and our forces are ready today to be able to respond if need be in the event that something goes in the direction we don’t want it to go.”
The Army officers noted one of their concerns is adequate funding from Congress.
“Some of the key new weapons systems that the Army is developing will be impacted if we go into an extended continuing resolution. So that is very problematic at a time when everyone is worried about timelines,” Wormuth said.
She noted by fall, the military should have its first battery of long-range hypersonic weapons, one of the newest projects for the armed forces.
Just the News reported “China-U.S. relations appear to be further deteriorating amid recent concerns about the Chinese Communist Party spying on North America with at least one surveillance balloon and its possible military support of Russia in its war on Ukraine.” ##
Part II. Additional Information with More MHProNews Analysis and Commentary
MHProNews and our MHLivingNews sister site have for years periodically reported on trade and other issues, including COVID19, that have apparent ties to Communist China and how that relates to America in general, or manufactured housing more specifically.
These linked reports are a mix of recent to prior ones from as many as 3 years ago. For the detail minded, note how items once deemed ‘conspiracy theories’ have since emerged as either proven to be true or are now seen as likely by some public officials as well as once previously dismissive legacy media.
Declassified China Doc – “Castle & Moat” – Weaponization of Business, Capital Access, Media, Nonprofits, Info, Politics, Government – Presidential Crisis, ‘Trump Transition Letter to Joe,’ News Analysis
Americans are paying for the direct and indirect costs of robust trade with China, while multinational corporations based in the U.S. often reap the profits. Bigger military expenditures means more taxes. More unemployment or other social safety net costs means higher taxes for the middle class too. As Warren Buffett bluntly observed, the lost jobs result in ‘road kill’ for Americans. It is easy for Buffett and other often left-leaning billionaires and corporate leaders to say that taxpayers should pay for it, but meanwhile the corporate taxes charged by Berkshire Hathaway (BRK) or other such firms are essentially paid consumers. Billionaires also use nonprofit ‘donations’ to reduce their taxes – which routinely still promote their corporate and political interests – mean, as Buffett himself quipped, he paid a lower tax rate than his secretary.
There are insights from the left and right that need to be carefully sifted, studied, and then properly applied with an Americans First and America First mindset. That noted, the linked and related reports paint a factual- and evidence-based picture of just how much U.S. policy has benefited the few at great cost to the many.
In the midst of these trends and facts, manufactured housing producers need to consider the shifting geopolitical pattern. Indeed, some publicly traded firm’s forward-looking statements contain warnings that imply as much. But that then means that those producers, and others, must begin to apply the proper fiduciary ‘next steps’ so that the USA is not feeding the hands that are biting our own.
IPS GILDED GIVING 2022-‘Wealth Inequality Distorts Philanthropy Imperils Democracy’ Reports Finger Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, More Philanthro-Feudalism Linked Billionaires; plus MHVille REITs, Stocks Update
Kevin Clayton Praised [Evil] “Genius” Warren Buffett; Buffett Defends “Roadkill” U.S. Workers-Merit Govt Pay for Policies Berkshire, Allied Brands Profited from – Behind Media Curtain, Affordable Housing Finance, Policies – Analysis
Part III. Daily Business News on MHProNews Markets Segment
The modifications of our prior Daily Business News on MHProNews format of the recap of yesterday evening’s market report are provided below. It still includes our signature left (CNN Business) and right (Newsmax) ‘market moving’ headlines. The macro market moves graphics will provide context and comparisons for those invested in or tracking manufactured housing connected equities.
In minutes a day readers can get a good sense of significant or major events while keeping up with the trends that are impacting manufactured housing connected investing.
Reminder: several of the graphics on MHProNews can be opened into a larger size. For instance: click the image and follow the prompts in your browser or device to OPEN In a New Window. Then, in several browsers/devices you can click the image and increase the size. Use the ‘x out’ (close window) escape or back key to return.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 2.28.2023
- Cardio is out. Squat racks are in
- Melissa Breaux Bankston, a CrossFit athletic trainer at CrossFit Algiers in New Orleans, works out at the gym Monday, Dec. 23, 2019.
- Gerald Herbert/AP
- Americans have changed the way they exercise. Here’s how gyms are adapting
- Fox faces an ‘existential threat’ from its multi-billion-dollar defamation cases
- House panel to vote on bill empowering Biden to ban TikTok
- US is reviewing Huawei export license policy amid rising congressional scrutiny of China
- US home prices fell in December for the sixth-straight month
- Microsoft Windows 11 update puts AI front and center
- Consumer confidence slumped in February amid recession concerns
- Tesla, Musk sued by shareholders over self-driving safety claims
- Lionel Messi’s World Cup photos are most-liked Instagram post ever
- Mark Zuckerberg looks to ‘turbocharge’ Meta’s AI tools after viral success of ChatGPT
- Entenmann’s is bringing back its ‘iconic’ packaging
- Tesla, tech and travel stocks have ginormous gains this year
- UK grocery price inflation hits record high as more stores impose rationing
- Apple supplier unlikely to resume full India operations for two months after massive fire
- Bad sign for stocks: Bond yields are white hot again
- Discounts led Target to a surprising comeback
- Brexit slammed the UK economy. The new Northern Ireland deal gives it hope
- Volkswagen sees no sign of forced labor at its plant in Xinjiang
- Elon Musk is the richest person in the world again
- The 10 biggest revelations from Dominion’s explosive Fox News legal filing
- Rupert Murdoch acknowledged that Fox News hosts endorsed false stolen election claims
- TD Bank reaches $1.2 billion settlement in Ponzi scheme lawsuit
- Meta cracks down on a growing crime against teenagers
- Why the 2023 stock market rally may be over already
Notice: the graphic below can be expanded to a larger size.
See instructions below graphic or click and follow the prompts.
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax 2.28.2023
- Bipartisan Senate Group Ponders Lifting Social Security Age to 70
- DirecTV Censors Newsmax
- Cruz: DirecTV’s Answers ‘Insufficient’
- Biggs: DirecTV Hearings Likely in 3-4 Weeks
- LaLota: Censorship Like DirecTV’s Must Be Stopped
- Perry: Congress Needs to Probe DirecTV Decision | video
- Giménez: Hearings on Censoring Conservatives ‘Right’ | video
- Ted Cruz: End Corporate Censorship, Bring Newsmax Back
- Moore: ‘Push Back’ on Censoring Conservatives
- D’Esposito: Direct TV Dropping Newsmax Is ‘Insane’ | video
- Dick Morris: DirecTV, Censorship Will Be ‘Major Topic’ at CPAC
- Ramaswamy: Private-Govt Censorship Makes ‘Blood Boil’ | video
- Steube: ‘Double Standard’ in DirecTV Actions | video
- More Stories on AT&T DirecTV Censorship
- Newsmax TV
- Stitt: School Choice a ‘Good Thing’ for Public Schools
- Andriy Yermak: Joining NATO Would Ensure Ukrainian Security | video
- Biggs: Some ‘Vindicated’ on Wuhan Lab Leak Theory | video
- Giménez: House ‘Bipartisanship’ Possible in China Probe | video
- Perry: WH ‘Vilified’ Disagreement Over COVID Origin | video
- Ex-AG Whitaker: SCOTUS Likely to Trim Presidential Powers | video
- Blaine Holt: Account for Ukraine Spending Before Giving More | video
- Fallon: COVID Lab Theory Not ‘Fringe’ Now | video
- More Newsmax TV
- Conservative Justices Question Student Loan Forgiveness Plan
- Conservative justices holding the Supreme Court’s majority are skeptically questioning President Joe Biden’s plan to wipe away or reduce student loans held by millions of Americans.In arguments on Tuesday stretching well beyond the allotted two hours, Chief Justice John…… [Full Story]
- New Congress May End Taxing Social Security Benefits
- More than half of Social Security recipients pay, or soon will, taxes [Full Story]
- Biden Says Upcoming Budget to Include Some Higher Taxes
- S. President Joe Biden said Tuesday that his upcoming March 9 [Full Story]
- Ukraine: Mercenaries Sending ‘Most Trained’ Units to Bakhmut
- The involvement of the “most trained” assault units of the Russian [Full Story]
- Putin Orders Ukraine Border Tightening as Drones Hit Russia
- Blaine Holt to Newsmax: Account for Ukraine Spending Before Giving More |video
- Kremlin: Russia Open to Ukraine Talks, but Won’t Give Up Annexed Regions
- Russians Tighten Noose on Ukraine’s Bakhmut, Situation ‘Extremely Tense’
- UN Report: Uranium Particles Enriched to 83.7 Percent Found in Iran
- Inspectors from the United Nations nuclear watchdog found uranium [Full Story]
- Nord Stream Claim Highlights Risky World of Covert Action
- There is a history of cloak-and-dagger intrigue between the U.S. and [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Why the White House Is Banning TikTok
- The White House is giving U.S. federal agencies 30 days to delete [Full Story]
- AAPS Issues Physician Statement on Transgenderism
- The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons warned there are [Full Story]
- Christian Girls Basketball Team Refuses to Play Squad With Trans Player
- China Says TikTok Ban Reflects US Insecurities
- S. government bans on Chinese-owned video sharing app TikTok reveal [Full Story]
- Elon Musk Working on Rival to ‘Woke’ ChatGPT
- Elon Musk has approached AI researchers in recent weeks about forming [Full Story]
- US National Debt Could Imperil Global Financial System, Economists Say
- Economists are warning that the growth of the U.S. national debt [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Cash Outperforming Traditional Stock/Bond Portfolios
- For the first time since 2007, six-month U.S. Treasury bills are [Full Story]
- Murdoch Testified Fox News Hosts Endorsed Idea That Biden Stole Election
- Artificial Sweetener Linked to Heart Attack and Stroke
- A study by researchers at the Cleveland Clinic reveals that the [Full Story]
- Amazon Hates when You Do This but They Can’t Stop You
- Online Shopping Tools
- Microsoft Windows 11 Update Flaunts AI
- Microsoft Corp. Tuesday started adding its recently upgraded Bing [Full Story]
- iPhone ‘Clean Energy Charging’ Irks Users
- iPhones now automatically revert to “Clean Energy Charging,” whereby [Full Story]
- Study: Daily Marijuana Use Increases Heart Risks
- New research suggests that smoking weed is far from benign: Toking [Full Story]
- Study: Insomnia Doubles the Risk For Heart Attack
- Folks who have trouble falling or staying asleep may be more likely [Full Story]
- Bipartisan Senate Group Considering Raising Social Security Age to 70
- A bipartisan group of senators is reportedly considering raising the [Full Story]
- Emerson Poll: Trump Beats Biden While DeSantis, Haley Lose
- Forty-six percent of Americans would vote for former President Donald [Full Story]
- Rasmussen Poll: 46% Rate Feds ‘Poor’ on Ohio Train Derailment
- Most voters give the federal government low ratings for its response [Full Story]
- Report: Manson ‘Family’ Member Linda Kasabian Dead at 73
- Convicted Charles Manson “Family” murderer and star “Helter Skelter” [Full Story]
- Biden Expected to Tap Labor Dept No. 2 Julie Su for Labor Secretary
- President Joe Biden is expected to nominate Labor Department Deputy [Full Story]
- ‘Jesus Revolution’ Earnings Far Exceed Industry Estimates
- The faith-based film “Jesus Revolution” more than doubled industry [Full Story]
- COSA-Trafalgar Poll: Property Curbs on China Favored Near Military Bases
- A new Convention of States-Trafalgar Group poll released Tuesday [Full Story]
- House Republicans Attempt Energy Permit Reform
- The GOP-led House is making its first attempt at energy “permitting [Full Story]
- Commerce Secretary Raimondo: ‘CHIPS Act’ to Boost Pentagon
- The Pentagon will be the first to see the fruits of the $53 billion [Full Story]
- Congress Members Call on UN to Remove ‘Biased’ Official
- A bipartisan group of 18 American Congress members are demanding the [Full Story]
- CNN Shedding Viewers in Crucial Demographic
- CNN is on track to finish February with its smallest monthly audience [Full Story]
- FDA Panel Reviewing Pfizer, GSK RSV Vaccines
- The frontrunners in a crowded race to develop the first respiratory [Full Story]
- Video Report: Two Jewish Brothers Murdered in Arab Village
- On “Wake Up America,” Newsmax Jerusalem correspondent Daniel Cohen [Full Story] | video
- American Shoppers Should Think Twice Before Buying from These 2 Stores
- More Newsfront
- Bipartisan Group Considers Raising Social Security Age to 70
- A bipartisan group of senators is reportedly considering raising the age of retirement to get Social Security benefits as part of broader efforts to overhaul the program…. [Full Story]
- Stores Lure Cash-Strapped Customers With $5 Deals
- FTX’s Singh Pleads Guilty as Pressure Mounts on Bankman-Fried
- Nissan Recalls Over 800K SUVs; Key Defect Cuts Off Engine
- Bob Ciura: 3 Blue Chip Stocks for Safe Dividends
- More Finance
- Artificial Sweetener Linked to Heart Attack and Stroke
- A study by researchers at the Cleveland Clinic reveals that the popular artificial sweetener erythritol increases the risk of heart attack and stroke. The findings were published today in Nature Medicine. The researchers studied over 4,000 people in the U.S. and Europe and…… [Full Story]
- Alzheimer’s Drug Effective Against Hair-Pulling, Skin-Picking Disorders
- 1 in 5 Adults at High Risk for Heart Disease Refuse a Statin
- FDA to Restrict Import of Veterinary Tranquilizer Used in Illicit Drugs
- New Research Finds Skipping Breakfast Hampers Immune Response
Notice: the graphic below can be expanded to a larger size.
See instructions below graphic or click and follow the prompts.
2022 was a tough year for many stocks. Unfortunately, that pattern held true for manufactured home industry (MHVille) connected stocks too. See the facts, linked below.
- NOTE 1: The 3rd chart above of manufactured housing connected equities includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry finance lender.
- NOTE 2: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE 3: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
- Note 4: some recent or related reports to the REITs, stocks, and other equities named above follow in the reports linked below.
Manufactured Home Communities (a.k.a. ‘Mobile Home Parks’ – SIC) – Exploring UMH Properties; Fellow Manufactured Housing Institute Member Yes! Communities Suits and Settlements; plus MH Markets Updates
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.