Facts and evidence have always mattered. Such is the case with COVID19/coronavirus data. Such is also the case with policies with respect to off-shoring to China or elsewhere vs. onshoring. Both of those will be topics explored in this report. MHProNews monitors a wide range of media and resources that spans the left-center-right divide and has for years. The reasons are many. Among them? Because facts are where you find them. As an example, a given source may have useful and accurate facts. The problem may become what a given source does after presenting sound facts; some give good analysis as to what those facts should suggest as good policy. Meanwhile, others will look at sound facts and give mediocre, problematic, or poor analysis that could make those facts useful in obtaining a better outcome from what current policies provide.
Let’s start with some facts from the World-O-Meter site earlier this morning (12.1.2021). Their data indicates that the fatality rates is 0.01989, or less than 2 percent. (5,237,310/263,286,429 = 0.01989206211).
|Cases||Critical||1M pop||1M pop||Tests||1M pop|
Unpacking the Global COVID19 Data in Brief
Needless to say there, are countries that may be underreporting. Presuming the U.S. is testing more than dozens of nations, that skews the data too. That noted, the death rate per million is higher in the U.S. than the global average. Furthermore, some African nations which are not turning to COVID19 vaccinations in large numbers are doing better than the U.S. and other countries that have followed the U.S. pattern. Even ignoring all of that, evidence-based points made months to over a year ago here on MHProNews and on our MHLivingNews sister site make it clear that the risk is lower than prior pandemics.
Such facts call into question the wisdom behind public policies and their true motivations.
Taking the federal data at face value, there is a serious question on why there is so little push for accountability on for the human and financial toll of COVID19? Why aren’t the Chinese being pressed? Why aren’t those in the U.S., including members of the U.S. Government, not being held to account for their respective roles in this ongoing tragedy?
Our platforms have from early on spotlighted evidence-based reports that have stood the test of time. Some examples are linked below. Some of these ‘beat’ mainstream media by months to a year or more on items that were published here and only later acknowledged by some in mainstream media.
Gordon Chang and Chris Plante were among the pundits who beat the drums today via their respective platforms for getting accountability and some common-sense response by American officials. MHProNews will briefly examine that with our industry’s extensive ties to Communist China in mind. That will follow the following.
From the WND Newscenter to MHProNews is the following report that will be tied together with our industry following the author’s commentary.
Avoid the slow boat from China with domestic options
Roger Simmermaker delivers sources for goods that don’t come to America in container
By Roger Simmermaker
Published November 30, 2021 at 7:08pm
It is no secret that imported holiday gifts may not arrive to make it under the Christmas tree this year. Even if you ordered American-made, there is still no guarantee with the recent domestic supply chain issues.
The American Trucking Association (ATA) estimates a shortage of nearly 80,000 truck drivers alone this year – a figure that could rise to 160,000 in the next 10 years.
The Wall Street Journal featured the 150-year-old Fiesta Tableware Co (formerly Homer Laughlin China Co.) on November 27, 2021, and detailed how the American-owned company needs more workers to keep up with the “Fiestaware is cool again” high demand.
Even with the advantage of being a U.S.-based manufacturer, staffing shortages and obtaining enough corrugated cardboard for shipping are problem areas.
Fortunately for Fiesta, retailers that typically rely on imports have to diversify with American-made options, which has helped Fiesta Tableware increase sales. Online sales alone have increased over 100% in the last year and a half.
If you are looking for ways to look your best this holiday season and beyond, then check out American-owned, American-made White Dress Shirts at www.whitedressshirts.com.
I just received my order of two shirts (one white, one blue) and the fit and feel are fantastic. The exact size I bought at a Men’s Wearhouse years ago fits much better from White Dress Shirts. And the feeling you get knowing that you are wearing quality American-made products makes it even better.
Don’t waste your time at Men’s Wearhouse. I’m sure that company stopped carrying American-made shirts shortly after I bought mine, and it took quite a long time to locate them.
White Dress Shirts has quite a few styles on clearance right now, so you can get an even better price than expected. But I doubt you can get similar quality at a better price. The only way to get a better price is to import one cheaper, but then you’ll just be stuck with a cheap import.
There doesn’t appear to be any supply-chain issues with White Dress Shirts. My order arrived in less than a week. Very impressive.
Made in America Store founder Mark Andol has ensured his company has stayed at least one step ahead of the supply-chain issue. Mark made sure he front-ended many items (including toys and games) months ago, so it’s doubtful you’ll come up empty-handed when you shop in-store or online at the nation’s largest retailer of 100% U.S.-made products.
At the Made in America Store, 100% U.S.-made means zero imported parts and zero foreign content, including thread, plastic, steel, and packaging materials. Mark Andol only carries American-made products from American manufacturers in his store, which must have their headquarters in the United States.
You can visit the flagship store in Elma, NY, or visit online at www.madeinamericastore.com.
About Roger Simmermaker
Roger Simmermaker has written multiple books on buying American and trade policy since 1996, and has been a frequent guest on Fox News, Fox Business Network, CNN, and MSNBC. Roger has also been quoted or featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, BusinessWeek, and The New York Times, among many other publications. His new book ” UNCONSTITUTIONAL: Our Founding Fathers Rejected FREE TRADE And So Should We,” was printed in January 2020. ##
As a new Masthead outlines, there are numerous ways that manufactured housing could be advancing that are not currently being pressed. These could be occurring at the local level. These tie into the bigger picture, above and below.
Additional Information, More MHProNews Analysis and Commentary
The U.S. policy towards Communist China has been near-moronic for decades, save perhaps for the Trump Administration years. Let’s outline the reasons why U.S. policy should change. Let’s mention why at least some producers of HUD Code manufactured homes have told MHProNews that they have already begun to explore moving their supply chain away from China to friendlier nations and/or to the U.S. and North America. In no particular order of importance are some of the following realistic reasons to call it quits with China.
- A) The supply chain bottlenecks currently being experienced make it clear that the shipping and transport is more fragile than some previously considered.
- B) Whatever savings may exist by buying Chinese products comes at the cost of de facto supporting their horrible human rights record.
- C) Whatever savings may exist by buying Chinese products comes at the cost of lost opportunities for American workers. Due to China’s large and growing military, U.S. defense spending has to be higher.
- D) The logic of buying from Communist China melts when the facts are carefully examined. The graphics below speak volumes.
Next up is our business daily recap of yesterday evening’s market report, related left-right headlines, and manufactured housing connected equities.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left (CNN) – Right (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has been evolving over time, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. For instance. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ news items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 11.30.2021
- Real estate is still red-hot
- A for sale sign is displayed outside a home in Mount Lebanon, Pa., on Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021.
- Home prices jumped 19.5% in September
- LIVE UPDATES Stocks sink after the Fed hints at wrapping stimulus sooner
- Omicron and the Fed might finally kill this bull market
- Moderna CEO says vaccines will struggle with Omicron
- Travel is back, but Omicron could change everything
- Omicron poses 3 major threats to the US economy, says Jerome Powell
- Joseph Stiglitz: The pandemic will continue to rage as long as the WTO keeps bickering over vaccine rules
- Meet the new CEO of Twitter
- Amazon, Walmart and the world’s biggest retailers are making port congestion and pollution worse, new report finds
- Congress wants to kill the ‘backdoor Roth IRA.’ Here’s what it means for you
- LIVE UPDATES Government gets to question Elizabeth Holmes
- Dollar Tree is ditching the brand identity it created and stuck to for 35 years
- Anti-Defamation League and Auschwitz Museum condemn Fox host for comparing Fauci to Nazi death camp doctor
- Jerome Powell, chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve, during a Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee hearing in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021. The Federal Reserve chair, in his first public remarks on the omicron variant of the coronavirus, said it poses risks to both sides of the central bank’s mandate to achieve stable prices and maximum employment.
- Jerome Powell: The Fed may wind down its stimulus sooner than expected
- A person walks by a store displaying sale signs on January 8, 2021 in New York City.
- Kiss those juicy post-holiday clearance sales goodbye
- CEO of Microsoft Satya Nadella and CEO of Volkswagen, Herbert Diess (not seen) attend a session during their visit to Volkswagen Digital Lab in Berlin, Germany on February 27, 2019.
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella sells more than $285 million in Microsoft stock
- SUPPLY CHAIN CHAOS
- A shopper carries bags over her shoulder while passing a holiday display window outside the Macy’s store in the Downtown Crossing district, Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2021, in Boston.
- Going to the store may be your smartest bet this holiday
- Major chains boomed as small retailers had to close shop
- How to avoid empty shelves during holiday shopping
- Baby formula is getting harder to find
- The supply chain is messing with the squishy golden dumpling everyone wants
- THE OMICRON VARIANT
- A health staff member prepares a COVID-19 test at the Histopath Diagnostic Specialists pre-departure area at Sydney International Airport on November 28, 2021 in Sydney, Australia. NSW Health authorities will now send people who have been overseas in the two weeks before their arrival into three days of home quarantine, as the state works out its response to the threat posed by a new, “concerning” variant of COVID-19 named Omicron.
- Omicron news coverage is in overdrive, but there’s still so much we don’t know
- Wall Street is at peak ambiguity thanks to Omicron
- Global markets assess threat of Omicron variant
- ‘Omicron’ cryptocurrency soars on new variant
- Covid vaccine makers’ stocks soar on Omicron variant concerns
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 11.30.2021
- Pentagon Chief Says Guardsmen Who Refuse Vaccine Cannot Train
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has decided that National Guard members who refuse COVID-19 vaccination will be barred from federally funded drills and training required to maintain their Guard status. “Vaccination is essential to the health and readiness of the force,” he wrote. [Full Story]
- Newsmax TV
- Daines: ‘Antiquated’ Abortion Laws Must Catch Up to Science
- Blackburn: Fauci ‘Around Too Long,’ Should Retire to Florida | video
- Norman: Biden Could Repeat History With Inaction on Ukraine | video
- Senate Hopeful Lamon: Immigrant Amnesty Enables ‘Invasion’ | video
- George P. Bush: ‘Hypocrisy,’ ‘No Sense of Urgency’ on Border Crisis | video
- Rand Paul: Need a Bipartisan COVID Probe | video
- Steil: Biden May Use Omicron to Push Agenda | video
- Michael Reagan: Media Runs Cover for Left, Sex Abusers | video
- More Newsmax TV
- Authorities: Student Kills 3, Wounds 6 at Michigan School
- A 15-year-old sophomore opened fire at his Michigan high school on Tuesday, killing three students and wounding six other people, including a teacher, authorities said.Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe said at a news conference that he didn’t know what the assailant’s…… [Full Story]
- Pentagon Chief Says Guard Who Refuse Vaccine Cannot Train
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has decided that National Guard [Full Story]
- Israeli Entrepreneur Brings the Holy Land to Doorsteps
- An Israeli entrepreneur is trying to recreate that magical feeling [Full Story]
- Regeneron Says COVID-19 Drug Could Be Less Effective Against Omicron
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc said on Tuesday prior analyzes [Full Story]
- Omicron Was in Netherlands Days Earlier Than First Thought
- Moderna CEO: ‘It Will Be Months’ Before Omicron Variant Vaccine Is Ready
- Doctor Who Discovered Omicron Slams ‘Hype,’ Travel Bans |video
- Judge Blocks CMS Vaccine Mandate for Healthcare Workers in 10 States
- Twitter Prohibits Sharing of Personal Photos, Videos without Consent
- Twitter Inc. said on Tuesday it will not allow sharing of personal [Full Story]
- Progressive DA’s Policies ‘Proven to Be Detrimental to Law-Abiding Citizens’
- Progressive prosecutors are trying to reshape the criminal justice [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Former Trump Chief of Staff Meadows Agrees to Cooperate With Jan. 6 Panel
- The House of Representatives committee investigating the deadly U.S. [Full Story]
- China ‘Obviously’ Sending Taiwan, US a Message in Latest Provocation
- Poll: Trump Continues Gains Among Latinos
- Former President Donald Trump is continuing his increased support [Full Story]
- US Appeals Court Reinstates California Ban on High-Capacity Magazines
- A divided U.S. appeals court on Tuesday reinstated California’s ban [Full Story]
- Trump Hails Resignation of Philadelphia Election Board Member
- Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday applauded the reported [Full Story]
- New Yorkers Will Soon Be Able to Inject Their Own Drugs at 2 Manhattan Sites
- New York City is opening two supervised injection sites in East [Full Story]
- Wife of Drug Kingpin ‘El Chapo’ Gets 3 Years on US Charges
- The wife of Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman was [Full Story]
- Haley to Israel: Can’t Count on Biden Administration to Stop Iran Nuke Program
- Israel should not count on the Biden administration to stop the Iran [Full Story]
- Jim Cramer Calls for Nationwide Vaccine Mandate
- CNBC host Jim Cramer says a nationwide COVID-19 vaccine mandate is [Full Story]
- France will begin testing “flying taxis” for use during the 2024 [Full Story]
- Jeffrey Epstein Pilot Says he Never Saw Sex Acts on Flights
- A longtime pilot for Jeffrey Epstein told a jury Tuesday at Ghislaine [Full Story]
- High-profile Americans are among those peoplewilling to serve as [Full Story]
- Sources: Dr. Oz to Run for Pennsylvania Senate Seat
- Mehmet Oz, the celebrity heart surgeon best known as the host of [Full Story]
- Family Rejects Travis Scott’s Offer to Pay for Funeral of Astroworld’s 9-Year-Old Victim
- The family of 9-year-old Ezra Blount, who was the youngest among 10 [Full Story]
- Salvation Army Withdraws Racism Guide for ‘Review’
- The Salvation Army on Tuesday denied reports that an internal racism [Full Story]
- Schools Nationwide Plagued by Shortages of Bus Drivers, Teachers
- All nine schools in a district in northeast Ohio closedMonday due to [Full Story]
- WashPost’s Rogin: China Could Surpass US as No. 1 Space Power by 2030
- Increased activity in outer space by the world’s superpowers could [Full Story]
- Powell: Fed May Accelerate Pullback in Economic Support Over Inflation
- Chair Jerome Powell said Tuesday that the Federal Reserve will [Full Story]
- Gizzi: Poems of Hope Needed Now More Than Ever
- Alexandra Villard de Borchgrave’s uplifting new book celebrates love [Full Story]
- CBO: Biden Bill Grants Amnesty to 6.5M Illegal Immigrants
- The House Democrats’ version of theBuild Back Better Act would grant [Full Story]
- Consumer Confidence Drops to Nine-Month Low
- Consumer Confidence Drops to Nine-Month Low
- S. consumer confidence fell to a nine-month low in November, [Full Story]
- Trump: Facts About 2020 Election Are ‘Irrefutable’
- Former President Donald Trump decried the lack of “takers” for his [Full Story]
- Trump Calls for National Guard to Help Stop ‘Smash-and-Grab’ Robberies
- Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday called for the National [Full Story]
- Putin Says Biden Right to Seek 2nd Term
- Russian President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday he had not yet decided [Full Story]
- Blackburn to Newsmax: Fauci ‘Around Too Long,’ Should Retire to Florida
- Anthony Fauci has been in his position as the director of the [Full Story] | video
- Incredible Miniature Telescope Lets You See for Miles
- Smarter Living Daily
- More Newsfront
- US Home Prices Register 19.1 Percent Annual Gain in September
- S. home prices rose briskly in September, another sign that the housing market is booming in the aftermath of last year’s coronavirus recession…. [Full Story]
- White House Calls Steep Gas Prices ‘Frustrating’
- ‘Hawkish’ Powell Testimony Cools T-Bill Rally
- Goldman Partners with Amazon on Cloud-Based Software
- WHO Pleads for ‘Rational’ Omicron Response
- More Finance
- CDC Says All Adults Should Get COVID-19 Booster Shots
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Monday everyone aged 18 years and older should get a booster shot either six months after their initial Pfizer or Moderna vaccine doses or two months after their Johnson & Johnson shot, as the omicron threat looms……. [Full Story]
- Old Spice, Secret Antiperspirants Recalled Due to Benzene
- US FDA Evaluating Effectiveness of COVID-19 Vaccines vs. Omicron
- Psychiatric Disorders Linked to Increased Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Study Finds Reducing Stress Can Reverse Gray Hair
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing TickersSome of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12th year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.