The evidence when examined reveals that deception and misdirection are used in business, politics, media, information, education, and beyond, which will be explored in the column below by Hanne N. Herland. As a preface, the term ‘fake news’ is used by various groups to benefit their cause, but that phrase fake news’ brevity should be followed with more insights, examples, and information so people of good will can learn to discern when propaganda, deception, and misdirection are being deployed. Indeed, the truly critical thinker must ask: is fake news a fair or relevant term at all? Former 17-year CNN Washington, D.C. correspondent and self-described ex-Democrat Chris Plante recently noted on his nationally syndicated radio show how Victoria Nuland’s observation about the so called classic Russian propaganda messaging technique can be applied beyond that regime. Americans, Europeans, and other individuals or groups can use that same manipulative methodology, or so suggested the insightful and often witty Plante.
More specifically, Nuland’s remark that Plante referenced was in the context of a Congressional hearing. Here is her remark.
“There’s no doubt in my mind, senator, and it is a classic Russian technique to blame on the other guy what they are planning to do themselves.” So said Nuland according to EuroRadio (3.12.2022), Fox (3.9.2022), Real Clear Politics (3.8.2022), and other news sources.
Left-leaning Wikipedia says that: Nuland is the [Biden Administration] “Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs of the United States.” What Nuland (from the left) or Plante (from the right) didn’t say at that point is that she was hardly the first to think of casting “blame on the other guy what they are planning to do themselves” as a manipulation or propaganda technique. In Hungary, for example, an old culture that dates back well over 1000 years, there are maxims that have a cautionary note to them. “Aki vádat emel, az a bűnös” or “Az aki mondott, te mondtad te vag” loosely translated mean, the one who made the accusation is the guilty party.
While the notion behind that maxim or saying isn’t always true, it is nevertheless useful to keep that in mind: the one who made the accusation is the guilty party.
That said, historian and author Hanne Herland has provided an arguably related insight to those of Plante, Nuland and those Magyar (Hungarian) sayings. Herland described paltering and manipulation of people through words in a specific historical context.
In her recent evidence-based op-ed, Herland wrote: “We must be ready to employ trickery, deceit, law-breaking, withholding and concealing truth. … We can and must write in a language which sows among the masses hate, revulsion and scorn towards those who disagree with us.”
Herland was citing one of the ‘founding fathers’ of socialism and communism. While others use these propaganda techniques, the specific examples by Herland in Part I of today’s report will be followed in Part II with Additional Information with More MHProNews Analysis and Commentary which will show its relevance to American more broadly and manufactured housing more specifically.
Part III of today’s report will be the Daily Business News on MHProNews snapshot of the macro and manufactured housing connected equities plus the left-right ‘market moving’ headlines in review.
Courtesy of the WND News Center to MHProNews is the following commentary by Hanne Nabintu Herland.
The socialist founding fathers’ hatred of free speech
Exclusive: Hanne Nabintu Herland notes that intolerance and repression are Marxist foundations
By Hanne Nabintu Herland Published February 15, 2023 at 7:20pm
Many have been shocked to see the left’s merciless repression of free speech for those who have a worldview that is not in line with the current socialist, politically correct narrative. But they should not be so surprised. Karl Marx (1818-1883) clearly defined socialism and communism as ideologies that precisely aim at destroying the very structures of traditional civil society and its critical thinking. The quotation: “The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism,” defines the disdain for plurality of opinions that has marked Marxist thought for generations.
If one wonders what type of society socialists are trying to create, it is useful to study its brutally vocal founders about the values of socialism: The need for intolerance, dishonesty, theft, the creating of fear by clamping-down on dissidents and free intellectuals, manipulating the people to become the needed “useful idiots” who are to help cause a bloody revolution that would extinguish the light of Western civilization. Read the two articles at WND that shed further light on this topic.
The admirer of Karl Marx, Vladimir I. Lenin, was the founder of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR). He detested the capitalist system, its virtues and its code of honor, stating the need to ruthlessly curb free speech: “We must be ready to employ trickery, deceit, law-breaking, withholding and concealing truth. … We can and must write in a language which sows among the masses hate, revulsion and scorn towards those who disagree with us.” Lenin, the father of Marxist-Leninism, lived in Europe for many years and benefited from the open democratic societies that allowed him to organize his band of brothers. Yet, he set forth to brutally quench personal freedoms when taking power in the USSR – with constant vilification, persecution or death sentences for whoever dared to speak up against his institutionalized atheistic state communism.
The crushing of free speech and a free press was crucial to Lenin: “Why should freedom of speech and freedom of the press be allowed? Why should a government which is doing what it believes is right allow itself to be criticized?” he asked.
The Soviet Communist Party articulated the tactic in 1943, the need to: “… continually embarrass, discredit and degrade our critics. When obstructionists become too irritating, label them as fascist or Nazi or anti-Semitic. … Constantly associate those who oppose us with those names that already have a bad smell. This association will, after enough repetition, become fact in the public mind.”
As investigative journalist James Simpson writes in “Who was Karl Marx?” Marx prescribed a new world order in which the weak and feeble classes and races must be defeated, and thereafter, the abolition of property rights, democratic voting, the family as a social unit, individualism and the right to own the fruits of your own labor; he also called for the destruction of eternal truths such as justice, the nation state and all religions. This is progressive despotism, as Simpson puts it.
Willi Münzenberg (1889-1940), the influential and very successful communist agent in the West and good friend of Vladimir Lenin, said: “We must organize the intellectuals and use them to make Western civilization stink. Only then, after they have corrupted all its values and made life impossible, can we impose the dictatorship of the proletariat.”
These blatantly brutal methods have always been socialist tools designed to repress free speech for the conservative majority. Take Herbert Marcuse (1898-1979), the father of the Marxist 1960s student rebellion and advocate for Critical Theory and its demonization of classical Western culture. He openly advocated for the repression of those who were not in line with radical neo-Marxism.
In “A Critique of Pure Tolerance,” he calls for biased “repressive tolerance” as tactic and demonstrates his complete lack of belief in the concept of free speech. Marcuse concludes: “The objective of tolerance would call for intolerance toward prevailing policies, attitudes, opinions, and the extension of tolerance to policies, attitudes, and opinions which are outlawed or suppressed.” This progressive despotism is at the heart of political correctness in 2023. ##
Hanne Nabintu Herland is a historian of religions and best-selling author. She is the founder of The Herland Report Scandinavian news site, TV channel on YouTube and Podcasts which have millions of readers/viewers yearly. This is a great place to watch interviews with leading intellectuals from across the political spectrum. Her latest book is “Trump: The Battle for America.” Also read “The Culture War: How the West Lost its Greatness.” To learn more about her, visit www.theherlandreport.com and follow her on social media: YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Part II Additional Information with More MHProNews Analysis and Commentary
Masaryk University is the second largest university in the Czech Republic. According to a document from that university’s studies in the English Language linked here is the following example of one of Herland’s pull quotes, which she provided in her article posted above.
Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, before coming to power, spoke about the danger to governments stemming from competing ideas in this way: “Why should freedom of speech and freedom of the press be allowed? Why should a government which is doing what it believes is right allow itself to be criticized? It would not allow opposition by lethal weapons. Ideas are much more fatal things than guns” (qtd. in Ingelhart, 1998: 179). Being aware of the danger of competing ideas, communist countries, among others, limited the freedom of speech and instituted careful censorship of translated books.”
So wrote Vojtěch Ulrich in “Censorship in Translation” in a professorial reviewed “Master’s Diploma Thesis.” One should keep in mind that Europe has witnessed several socialist and communist movements in the past two centuries. Often seen as the most notable among those socialistic movements is the one in Germany which witnessed the rise of the National Socialist German Workers Party, commonly abbreviated as the NAZI party. Despite propaganda claims to the contrary that claims that the Nazis were ‘far right,’ they were from the political or socialist left. The very name of the NAZI Party in German includes the use of the word socialist (the National Socialist German Workers’ Party in German: Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei.”).
Today, it is the U.S.A., and numbers of other so-called “Western” countries that are witnessing a rise of socialist, communist, leftist “progressive” or similar movements.
Fake news – propaganda from political, corporate or other information sources – along with the use of deception and misdirection methods deployed by a person, organization, government, or NGO can and do work. That is why they are used. But to the extent that manipulation of the truth about a subject, any subject – including manufactured housing – can succeed, it only does so to the extent that people ‘fall’ for the gimmick. The scheme works when a person or large numbers of people give too much trust to a person or party’s remarks in the first place. These are methods, as MHProNews has previously noted, that are similar to a con job deployed by a so-called “confidence man.” Meaning, this can be a criminal act.
Note that Herland credited Willi Münzenberg, a colleague of Lenin’s, saying: “We must organize the intellectuals and use them to make Western civilization stink. Only then, after they have corrupted all its values and made life impossible, can we impose the dictatorship of the proletariat.”
“We must organize the intellectuals and use them to make Western civilization stink. Only then, after they have corrupted all its values and made life impossible, can we impose the dictatorship of the proletariat.”
-Willi Munzenberg, influential early cultural Marxist
— Alyse McLeod (@Rothschildsuckz) January 9, 2023
An authoritarian dictatorship is rising in America, in Canada, and in other “Western” countries is an increasingly common theme by thinkers and writers beyond Herland. Recall left-leaning Glen Greenwald’s cautionary statement on that topic. Notice the similarities between what Greenwald said and what Herland asserted?
Greenwald isn’t the only one on the left who has made such an observation. The Democratic Biden White House has lifelong Democrat Robert F. Kennedy Jr. as a critic.
From the left, center, and right there are warnings about the rise of authoritarian power. In the 1930s to mid-1940s in Nazi Germany and in fascist Italy, corporations wielded significant influence in what became dictatorial governments. In modern Communist China, big corporate power is closely connected to the authority of their Chinese Communist Party. It is rather surprising that the use of the term ‘fascist’ isn’t applied more often to what the economic and political reality is in Communist China. Classical communist economic theory has literally never worked as planned in a historic sense. What has ‘worked’ far better than classic communist methods in modern Communist China is a wedding of corporate and political-economic power.
While deposed President Donald J. Trump often uses verbal shortcuts that are less than precise, in the speech below Trump ‘nailed it’ about what was occurring in the U.S. Note that this remark by Trump was made months before the 2020 elections.
Whoever the speechwriter(s) for that comment by Trump were, they proved to be quite correct. Once more for emphasis, there are voices on the right, center, and left that are warning about the rise of authoritarian power.
Indeed, Berkshire Hathaway Chairman Warren Buffett – who has obvious ties to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage Corporation, Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Shaw, and others involved in manufactured housing – himself periodically spoken about this trend.
The irony is that the Biden White House has admitted to this pattern, but they did so without pointing to themselves. Jump back to the principle reviewed in the preface of this report and commentary, above. The one making the allegation, that in this case is the guilty party. The Biden White House has warned about the growing power of consolidators. Rightly so, but they are pointing a finger that if carefully examined explains how Biden came into power in the first place. Namely, through a wedding of corporate and political influences and powers.
Examining Joe Biden’s White House FACT SHEET on ‘Executive Order on Promoting Competition in the American Economy’ – EO #14036 – plus Sunday MHVille (Manufactured Home Industry) Headlines in Review
As liberal (leftist) Matt Stoller has noted, there appears to be more antitrust rhetoric in recent years, including from Biden regime officials. But rhetoric and successful action are not necessarily the same thing. Stoller has said that many of the Biden Administration anti-trust efforts have thus far failed to produce good results. Consolidation continues in America in general, and manufactured housing more specifically.
‘They Are Not Confessing, They Are Bragging’ Matt Stoller Exposé on Equifax ‘Monopoly Power’ in Credit, Employment, Income, more – Key Insights for MHPros to Know; plus MHVille Markets Update
Robert Reich may or may not be paltering when he aptly says that there needs to be more antitrust enforcement in the America. But regardless of his earnest state of mind, Reich – a Clinton Administration era Democratic appointee – is arguably quite correct in asserting that more antitrust action is needed.
‘U.S. Should Break Up Monopolies’ Democrat Robert Reich Guardian Plan Would Hit Clayton Homes, Skyline Champion, and Cavco Industries with Costly Antitrust Lawsuit – Statements, Facts, Analysis
Doug Ryan at Prosperity Now (previously known as CFED) is from the political left. Whether or not Ryan is paltering when he made this argument, cited below, may be less important than the concerns and implications for the manufactured housing industry and the market that tens of thousands of professionals are working in daily.
There are independent producers of HUD Code manufactured homes that likely realize some to many of the concerns raised by Ryan with respect to the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) and their corporate powers. Some of them have reasonably deep financial resources that would allow them to grow more robustly. But with market manipulation being so commonplace in MHVille in recent years, who can blame them for playing it safe? Isn’t it, at a minimum, understandable?
This week, after months of periodic calls by the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR), and more routine and intensive pressure by this pro-ethical growth pro-consumer platform, MHI has finally filed suit against the Department of Energy (DOE). Carefully read what MHARR has said in response to that suit.
Then, look at the Masthead provided facts and analysis posted below. Though our report and their’s was published on different days and separately, their points and those made by this independent author are quite similar.
If Clayton Homes had flatly said in 2003 after the Berkshire buyout that they planned to subvert thousands of businesses that then existed in the HUD Code manufactured home industry that no longer exist today, it may have been a red flag for antitrust regulators. But instead of using the sabotage monopoly language of James A. “Jim” Schmitz Jr. and his research colleagues, Clayton and Buffett speak in a calm folksy manner about castles and moats. The case has been made that they do so precisely because an open declaration of their intention could land several Sherman Antitrust Act violators in federal prison.
No Kings in America? – John Sherman ‘Speaks’ to Manufactured Housing
Herland and people of good will that span the right-center-left spectrum have been warning Americans and others who will listen for some time that our liberties are being eroded and lost. This loss of liberty, which includes economic freedom, is contrary to the founding principles in the U.S. They are antithetical to the beliefs once held in previously Christian Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, among other nations. While it is on some level a battle of constitutional conservative principles vs. leftist ones, there is far more in common among some 70 to 80 percent of the population (it varies by survey) than many in either camp may initially believe.
President Bill Clinton-Curing What’s Wrong by What’s Right in America, Coalition Building, Wildly Potent Quotable Quotes, Profitable Liberty Lessons-Gonzo Journalism; plus MHVille Markets Updates
Our industry is being slowly subverted just as the American Dream is being steadily eroded. What could be called the “usual suspects” are often involved in these machinations.
Independent journalism exists in part to protect a society – or the ethically-minded in a given profession – from such threats to liberty. By contrast, agenda driven platforms provide cover for those who go along to get along with the deep pocket consolidators.
MHVillage – Endorsed by Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI), ‘Information Key at MHVillage’ Fact Check ‘Best Data and Info from Around Country’-Clayton, Cavco Insights- Plus MHVille Stocks Update
After months of pressure, MHI has finally filed suit. OK. That is partial cause for celebration. But as the Masthead has cautioned, MHI arguably filed their case months later then they should have. Why? Was it, as MHARR alleged the next day, to cause chaos for certain smaller producers?
Even this modestly supported, but the best read of its kind independent trade media platform in MHVille illustrates the concern that Herland cautioned in her insightful thesis that socialists have about allowing a free press. What is it that MHI has told their state affiliates and members about their lawsuit?
In an effort to ensure a consistent industry message, we ask that you please refrain from making comments to reporters on this matter and instead refer any media inquiries to Molly Boyle. Molly’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Herland’s cautionary look into socialist history and how they oppose competing media or other voices can, should, and must be applied to the realities of MHVille.
MHI’s staff and corporate leaders fear this publication at some level. MHI’s staff and corporate leaders arguably hold a similar concern about MHARR. While MHARR leaders mull the notion that they might join MHI in this suit, this publication will editorially observe that they are better served by filing an amicus brief that states their interests and then let MHI be solely responsible for the mess or “chaos” that MHI’s leadership has in several respects caused.
As Oxford Languages defines it, a
an absurd pretense intended to create a pleasant or respectable appearance.”
Mark Weiss put it differently, when he told MHProNews that on several key industry issues there is a sham process, a “shell game” – which is a rigged mechanism – “on steroids” that has been underway in MHVille.
While it is understandable that manufactured home independents are fearful of becoming the next victim of the monsters that are consuming MHVille, the argument can also be made that failure to fight back would at best delay harm but could at worst cause an independent to suffer a similar fate that thousands of other once successful firms have suffered in MHVille.
There is literally no one else in MHVille trade media today that has fought to expose this dastardly and harmful scheme operating in MHVille that MHProNews. No one. On the trade association side, only MHARR has had the courage, and arguably the wisdom, to challenge the powers that be as they have for years.
Those pushback efforts may well be bearing fruit. The battle for truth, economic and political liberty, and justice are underway. Big 3 and consolidating REIT backed MHI will now be hard pressed to say that they shouldn’t similarly file suit on zoning and DTS/financing related issues. See the linked reports to learn more and stay tuned to the only reliable sources for in depth facts, analysis and expert commentary. ##
MHProNews PS Note: it must not be thought that MHI members, past and present, have failed to speak up. They sometimes have as the examples below reflect. But only MHProNews, MHLivingNews, and MHARR have consistently and persistently done the heavy lifting of documenting the facts, evidence, and then provided the expertise needed to connect the relevant dots in recent years.
It took time and effort to expose Bernie Madoff and others of his ilk and finally to bring them to justice. But consistent pushback is proven historically to pay off.
Part III. Daily Business News on MHProNews Markets Segment
The modifications of our prior Daily Business News on MHProNews format of the recap of yesterday evening’s market report are provided below. It still includes our signature left (CNN Business) and right (Newsmax) ‘market moving’ headlines. The macro market moves graphics will provide context and comparisons for those invested in or tracking manufactured housing connected equities.
In minutes a day readers can get a good sense of significant or major events while keeping up with the trends that are impacting manufactured housing connected investing.
Reminder: several of the graphics on MHProNews can be opened into a larger size. For instance: click the image and follow the prompts in your browser or device to OPEN In a New Window. Then, in several browsers/devices you can click the image and increase the size. Use the ‘x out’ (close window) escape or back key to return.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 2.17.2023
- Analysis: Private messages from Fox News stars and execs show the network is a dishonest organization terrified of its own audience
- This company employed children to clean razor-sharp saws using hazardous chemicals
- Fox News stars and executives privately trashed Trump’s election fraud claims, court document reveals
- Amazon to require office workers to show up in person at least three days a week
- Microsoft is looking for ways to rein in Bing AI chatbot after troubling responses
- How has inflation affected your ability to care for your pet?
- What’s a corporate spinoff and why is Wall Street obsessed?
- Crypto exchange Binance reportedly had secret access to its US arm’s bank account
- Don Lemon apologizes to CNN colleagues for sexist remarks: ‘I’m sorry that I said it’
- These stocks have been shunned for years. Now investors love them
- This number shows that high inflation is sticking around
- Inflation was still hot in January, but some prices are cooling off
- Household debt hit record $16.9 trillion last quarter, as consumers loaded up their credit cards
- Europe’s natural gas prices fall to 18-month low
- Soaring energy costs could push 141 million into extreme poverty, report says
- China’s property crash is prompting banks to offer mortgages to 70-year-olds
- TikTok is planning two more data centers in Europe
- Top Chinese investment banker Bao Fan is latest CEO to go missing
- Lufthansa cancels over 1,300 flights as airport workers strike
- China sanctions Lockheed, Raytheon after vowing to retaliate against US restrictions
- Tesla accused of firing union supporters days after organizing effort starts
- SEC charges Terra founder Do Kwon with fraud
- The online shopping upstart that’s quietly become the number one app in the US
- YouTube CEO is stepping down after nearly a decade in role
Notice: the graphic below can be expanded to a larger size.
See instructions below graphic or click and follow the prompts.
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax 2.17.2023
- Trump: Dems, Big Tech Colluded to Censor My Calls for Peace on Jan. 6
- Former President Donald Trump says Democrats and Big Tech colluded to deplatform and “illegally censor” him to hide statements he made on social media stressing peace and lawful behavior on Jan. 6, 2021.
- Military Plans to Pay for Troops Seeking Abortions
- The department rolled out the policies on Thursday in an effort to expand troops’ access to abortion and reproductive healthcare not covered by the military health program and build on the actions outlined in an October memo from Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin in the wake of Roe v. Wade being overturned. But potential conflict looms, as tens of thousands of troops are stationed in states that have, since the Roe ruling, activated extreme restrictions on the procedure. [Full Story]
- DirecTV Censors Newsmax
- CPAC Chair Schlapp: DirecTV’s Move Not About Money
- Alex Acosta: Private Sector Censorship Going Too Far
- Greg Steube: Floridians ‘Outraged’ at DirecTV | video
- CPAC Chairman Urges AT&T, DirecTV to Reinstate Newsmax
- Ben Weingarten: Censorship by Proxy Is ‘Unlawful, Un-American’ | video
- Jerry Newcombe: Free Speech Becoming for Me, Not for Thee
- Ramaswamy: AT&T, DirecTV in ‘Ideological Cartel’ | video
- Norman: House GOP Won’t Tolerate AT&T’s Censorship | video
- Bryan Leib: Jewish Leaders Demand DirecTV End Censorship | video
- RNC’s McDaniel: Members Urged to Fight DirecTV Censorship
- Spartz: DirecTV Censorship Shows US ‘Oligarchy’ | video
- Ric Grenell: Need ‘Transparent’ President in Tense Times
- RNC’s McDaniel: GOP Must Retire Biden | video
- Blaine Holt: Biden ‘Inconsistent’ on Aircraft Messaging | video
- Texas DPS’ Olivarez: Nothing Done to Slow Border Crossings | video
- Michael Balboni: Basic Questions Await Answers on Ohio Train Derailment
- Noem: Poor Communication on Chinese Balloon | video
- Weingarten: ‘Woke Ideology’ Corrupts Companies | video
- Norman: Biden Setting Low Leadership Bar | video
- Bryan Leib: Orthodox Jews ‘Under Attack’ in NYC | video
- More Newsmax TV
- US Military Completes Recovery of Chinese Balloon, Now Analyzing Its ‘Guts’
- The United States said on Friday it had successfully concluded recovery efforts off South Carolina to collect sensors and other debris from a suspected Chinese surveillance balloon shot down by a U.S. fighter jet on Feb. 4, and investigators are now analyzing its “guts.”The…… [Full Story]
- Rick Scott Excludes Medicare, Social Security From Sunset Proposal
- Rick Scott, R-Fla., updated his Rescue America plan to exclude [Full Story]
- Rubio Calls for Buttigieg’s Resignation After Ohio Derailment
- Marco Rubio, R-Fla., is calling for Transportation Secretary [Full Story]
- Fetterman Faces Weeks in the Hospital
- John Fetterman, D-Pa., likely will remain hospitalized “a few [Full Story]
- New FBI Search Finds No Classified Docs at Pence Think Tank
- Justice Department investigators on Friday searched the offices of [Full Story]
- Mayorkas Could Be Impeached on Trio of Charges
- With the number of illegal immigrants pouring across the southern [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Zelenskyy: There Must Be No Taboo on Weapon Supplies to Ukraine
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said on Friday there should [Full Story]
- Leaders Focus on Ukraine War at Munich Security Conference
- WHO Calls for More Funding to Aid War-Torn Ukraine
- Russia’s Nuclear Saber-Rattling Is ‘Typical Putin Military Bravado’ |Platinum Article
- Russia to Test Missile in Drills With China, South Africa
- Study: ‘Zero Bail’ Results in More Violent Crime
- A California study of repeat criminal offenders found that [Full Story]
- Graham Pressured to Slow Biden’s Judicial Nominations
- Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., ranking memberon the Senate Judiciary [Full Story]
- Amazon Orders Employees to Be in Office at Least 3 Days a Week
- com Inc would require employees to be in office at least three [Full Story]
- Video Report: World’s Oldest Hebrew Bible Headed for Auction
- On Friday’s “Wake Up America,” the world’s oldest Hebrew bible, [Full Story] | video
- CPAC Chairman Urges AT&T, DirecTV to Reinstate Newsmax
- Denouncing the censorship of Newsmax, CPAC Chairman Matt Schlapp sent [Full Story]
- Bipartisan Lawmakers Urge Biden to Send F-16s to Ukraine
- A group of five bipartisan lawmakers wrote President Joe Biden to [Full Story]
- Republicans Aim to Adopt Loyalty Pledge for Debate Participants
- Republican presidential candidates will be blocked from the debate [Full Story]
- Two Gummies Before Bed Could Relieve Years of Joint Pain and Arthritis
- Four News
- Military Plans to Pay for Troops Seeking Abortions, Fertility Care
- Female service members seeking abortions or fertility treatments will [Full Story]
- Lyme Disease Vaccine Could Be Delayed as Trial Stopped for Some Patients
- Drugmaker Pfizer Inc and France’s Valneva will stop testing a Lyme [Full Story]
- Trump Claims ‘Total Exoneration’ After Georgia Grand Jury Report
- The partial release of Georgia’s Special Purpose Grand Jury Final [Full Story]
- 5 Fired Memphis Officers Plead Not Guilty in Tyre Nichols’ Death
- Five former Memphis police officers pleaded not guilty Friday to [Full Story]
- Biden DOJ Tells Justices Not to Erase Legal Protections for Big Tech
- The Biden administration says social media companies should not be [Full Story]
- As US Supreme Court Weighs YouTube’s Algorithms, ‘Litigation Minefield’ Looms
- In 2021, a California state court threw out a feminist blogger’s [Full Story]
- US Prosecutors Ask for 25 More Years in Prison for R. Kelly
- Federal prosecutors Thursday asked a judge to give singer R. Kelly 25 [Full Story]
- Arizona Appeals Court Denies Kari Lake’s Challenge of Election Loss
- The Arizona Court of Appeals in a 3-0 ruling Thursday denied [Full Story]
- UK Program: Tolkien Works Pave a Path to Right-Wing Extremism
- The British government claims that works from authors like J.R.R. [Full Story]
- Benjamin Weingarten to Newsmax: ‘Woke Ideology’ Has ‘Corrupted Our Companies’
- Benjamin Weingarten, senior contributor at The Federalist and fellow [Full Story] | video
- Report: Aerial Object Over Canada Likely From Balloon Hobby Group
- A balloon shot down on Feb. 11 over Canada’s Yukon Territory is [Full Story]
- Biden, 80, Declared ‘Fit for Duty’ After Physical Exam
- Doctors declared U.S. President Joe Biden, 80, healthy and “fit for [Full Story]
- Balboni to Newsmax: Basic Questions Await Answers on Ohio Train Derailment
- Former New York State Homeland Security adviser Michael Balboni told [Full Story]
- Don Lemon Ripped for Saying Nikki Haley Not ‘in Her Prime’
- CNN host Don Lemon has come under fire after saying on Thursday that [Full Story]
- Train Carrying Liquid Chlorine Derails in Michigan; No Threat to Public
- A train carrying hazardous materials derailed Thursday in Michigan [Full Story]
- Report: Democrats Afraid of Criticizing VP Harris
- Top officials and insiders within the Democratic Party are refusing [Full Story]
- Fed Officials: More Rate Hikes Key to Lowering Inflation
- Two Federal Reserve officials said Thursday more central bank rate [Full Story]
- Amazon Orders Employees to Be in Office at Least 3 Days a Week
- com Inc would require employees to be in office at least three days a week from May 1, the e-commerce giant said on Friday.The COVID-19 pandemic had altered the workplace, with companies sending employees home to work remotely. … [Full Story]
- Goldman Sachs Now Expects 3 More Fed Rate Hikes in 2023
- Moderna MRNA Flu Vaccine Trial Produces Mixed Results
- Gucci Banks on Private ‘Salons’ for the Ultrarich
- Fidelity to Expand Workforce by 4,000
- More Finance
- RSV Vaccine for Seniors Could Be Available by Next Cold, Flu Season
- Older people have vaccines available to prevent severe influenza and COVID-19, but there’s been nothing to protect against the third respiratory virus that contributed to this season’s wretched “tripledemic.” Until now. Two major pharmaceutical companies published clinical… [Full Story]
- Diabetes Drug Reduces Risk for Dementia
- How to Prevent ‘Tech Neck’
- CDC: Nearly Half of US Kids Do Not Eat a Daily Vegetable
- Older Patients May Be Able to Skip Radiation After Breast Cancer Surgery
Notice: the graphic below can be expanded to a larger size.
See instructions below graphic or click and follow the prompts.
‘Stomach Churning Year’ CNN-Wall Street ‘Forget 2022’ Down Year – Major Equities Data Compared to Manufactured Housing Stocks, Manufactured Home Community REITs, Performance for Year by Company
- NOTE 1: The 3rd chart above of manufactured housing connected equities includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry finance lender.
- NOTE 2: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE 3: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
- Note 4: some recent or related reports to the REITs, stocks, and other equities named above follow in the reports linked below.
Nobility Homes, Inc. Sales and Earnings for its Fiscal Year 2022 Report, Result$ Best Inflation – Net After Taxes Up 34%, More Fact$; DeSantis ESG and NOBH; plus MHVille Stocks, Market Updates
‘Manufactured Housing in the News,’ Unpacking UMH CEO Sam Landy Op-Ed’ It’s Time for Bi-Partisanship on Affordable Manufactured Housing Homeownership’ in HousingWire; plus MHMarkets Updates
Warren Buffett’s Pledge to Kevin Clayton – ‘You Can Access Plenty of Capital’ for Projects – Quotes, Facts, Video, Transcript, and Implications for Manufactured Housing Industry
Manufactured Housing Properties-Results for Three and Nine Months Ending September 30.2022–Exploring ‘Mobile Home Park’ Manufactured Home Community Investing; plus MHVille REITs, Stocks Update
‘Changes Will Benefit Customers,’ Boost Sales-Legacy Homes CEO Duncan Bates – LEGH ‘Delivered 22.5% Return on Equity in 1 Yr’ – Corp Q3 2022 Insights, Analysis; plus MHVille REITs, Stocks Update
CEO Mark Yost, Skyline Champion Insiders SELL Million$ Value SKY Stock, Home Sales Drop-4th Q 2022 (3QFiscal2023), Official Result$-Facts, Analysis, Info Beyond PR; plus MHVille Stocks Update
Triad Financial Services Q2-2022 FINANCIAL RESULTS, per ECN Capital – Several Bright Spots in Manufactured Home Market Highlighted, Including Communities, Retail, Land-Home, Floor; MHStocks Update
BlackRock Document Exposes Central Banks like Federal Reserve on Recession; Manufactured Home Producer Cavco Industries 2022 Year End Results (CVCOQ3.23) Facts+Analysis; plus MHVille Stocks Update
Manufactured Home Communities (a.k.a. ‘Mobile Home Parks’ – SIC) – Exploring UMH Properties; Fellow Manufactured Housing Institute Member Yes! Communities Suits and Settlements; plus MH Markets Updates
2023 …Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory-built housing industry suppliers.
· LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP each are suppliers to the manufactured housing industry, among others.
· AMG, CG, and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses. For insights from third-parties and clients about our publisher, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.
Call for Congressional Oversight Hearings of Manufactured Home Industry Regulators Highlighted by Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR); plus MHVille Markets Update
Official HUD Manufactured Housing Production Facts for Dec 2022 plus 2022 Year End Totals Explored by Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR)-“Millions” Needed – Analysis
Facts You Didn’t Know – Martin Luther King Jr – Videos, Insightful Quotes, Surprising Revelations, Videos, Reports, and Illustrations in Champion for Human Rights Including Affordable Housing
‘Global Disinformation Index’ Warren Buffett Ally Bill Gates’ Microsoft Org Charged-Cutting Revenue to Conservative Views via Xandr, GDI; plus Sunday MHVille Headlines Recap
#1 Texas’ Manufactured Housing Builders Survey Says They are ‘Ready for a Rebound’ But Data Point in Question, DOE MH Energy Rule Too – Facts, Analysis; plus, MHVille Stocks, Markets Update
Clayton-Next Step Off-Site Built ‘White Paper’-Manufactured Homes, ThinkND ‘Magic of the Mind-Everyday Illusion, Misdirection, Deception’ MHI Members’ Claims Analyzed; plus MHVille Markets Update
U.S. Housing Data Reveals Gaps-Underscores Vast Manufactured Housing Industry Potential, But Raises Corp, Trade Group Performance Concerns, Apparent Shareholder Effects; plus MHVille Stocks Update
After Admitted Failure, Manufactured Housing Institute Doubles Down on CrossMods® in AP Terminology Doc Acquired by MHProNews–Are MHI Leaders Sabotaging MHVille Independents? Plus MHStocks Update
Concessions by Speaker Kevin McCarthy in House Speaker’s Battle Called ‘Most Significant Win for Conservatives in a Decade’ By Federalist’s Emily Jashinsky Report; plus MHVille Stocks Updates