It is stating the obvious to declare that every manufactured home professional, scores of public officials, and researchers have their own unique interests and agendas. Data is what determines which reports published by MHProNews are the most read. While literally thousands of articles attract attention during a given month, many of those ‘hits’ or visits are at modest levels. By contrast, the top article on MHProNews would have readership levels high enough were a single report may be more read than a month of George Allen’s blog, or more than the totals for several of MHInsider’s or ManufacturedHome.com’s blog posts, based upon historic data from those sources. After more than a dozen years online, the historic data reflects MHProNews is still the runaway largest, most-read, and still only business-daily publication focused on the manufactured housing profession. So what gets published here, and what readers find of interest, is a keen tool for discerning what appeals to and/or concerns manufactured housing professionals. This report will list the top 31 reports for the month of March, 2022 on MHProNews. It will also explore the top – read reports on MHLivingNews. Keep in mind that each site gets millions of visitors total annually, per third-party collected data collected from analytic counters on the server for each respective site.
When someone knows the history and facts about modern manufactured homes, much of what has occurred among MHI ‘leaders’ seems to be one long series of sad but true April Fools jokes.
On MHLivingNews, the top 20 reports for March are as follows, noting that some results are omitted from disclosure due to proprietary reasons, which may relate to marketing-style content on behalf of a party.
Additional Information, MHProNews Analysis and Commentary in Brief
The articles above are of interest for a variety of reasons, beginning with the point that they reflect what MHProNews readers and MHLivingNews readers wanted to specifically know about in sufficient numbers to make them the most read for the month of March 2022. As independent journalism, our professional and public facing platforms can publish whatever we wish, but it is readers that decide what is of interest to them. Given the focus on affordable manufactured housing, it is no surprise that manufactured home specific items are among the top read reports.
Even the reports omitted from the listing above for propriety reasons are manufactured home specific.
But we periodically delve into issues that some might think aren’t manufactured home specific, such as COVID19, political, cultural, broader business or other topics. Why? Because in our view they shed light on what is occurring in manufactured housing. Given the disruptive nature of COVID19 on our society, and on manufactured housing, the argument could be made that it would have negligent to ignore the coronavirus outbreak. Similarly, politics and the broader business or cultural environment impacts our industry, mobile and manufactured home residents too. So, we have made the inclusion of other topics that shed light on manufactured home living.
What makes the two sequential by most-read listings above of interest is that while current articles are routinely in the mix of the most-read, some articles were published months or years ago and are still in the top accessed for the month of March.
For example. It was March 16, 2014 that the New York Times published “The Cold, Hard Lessons of Mobile Home U.” Shortly thereafter, MHLivingNews published the “Sensationalistic ‘Cold Hard Lessons of Mobile Home U’ New York Times article by Gary Rivlin draws Manufactured Home Industry Ire, Desire and Fire” report and analysis. That was eight years ago. Why caused the surge of readers to attract sufficient numbers of them to that report? What caused it to rise back to #6 out of hundreds of other articles that readers could more readily see and read? Clearly, whatever the motivation(s), online searches brought thousand to that article during the month of March 2022.
Doing fact checks, analysis, fisking and other types of reviews of third-party content for years has clearly paid off in terms of reader engagement and high organic search engine ranking.
MHProNews is by far the larger of the two websites in terms of content. The reason is simple, there we have opted to publish daily. There is no one else known in our profession that publishes reports literally daily except MHProNews. That noted, per third-party Webalizer which is directly connected to the servers for our website, the data tells us that during March each visitor accessed an amazing 11.3188969858 (11.32) articles per visit. That is several times greater engagement than mainstream news sites average.
MHLivingNews often gets far greater numbers of readers (visitors) per a top article than a top report on MHProNews. But because we may only publish once weekly, perhaps 5 or so times a month there, the total number of articles are fewer than MHProNews. But for approaching a decade, MHLivingNews has established a foundation for engaging the broader public on the topic of affordable manufactured homes.
Even with a smaller site, MHLivingNews’ content apparently gets and keeps readers engaged too. Per Webalizer generated metrics, during March 2022 an average visitor accessed 5.20788305925 (5.21) pages (articles) per visit. That too is more than a typical mainstream news site normally achieves.
About the News
In a perfect world, noting that ours is hardly a perfect world, news would keep people informed in an unbiased and objective fashion. The fact that award winning journalists, such as Sharyl Attkisson felt the need to create a graphic like the one below that explains at a glance what a particular news source’s media bias is speaks volumes. The fact that our platform explores reporting from across the media spectrum since early on in our business daily publishing has been a plus.
Knowing there is bias in news media, one can then press onto bias in big tech, which award winning journalist Glen Greenwald has decried. Big media and big tech companies – often on the political left, notes Greenwald, often share a bias. His comments are of particular interest because he is a ‘liberal’ and hails from the left-leaning worldview. But in his efforts to be objective, Greenwald called out that bias both before and after the 2020 presidential and general election.
Part of the purpose of journalism in America is to keep a check on the corrupt use of power. That’s not a matter of opinion, that’s the position taken by the American Press Institute.
Power can be exercised in the political, economic, social, cultural, religious, and other realms of human behavior. Journalism – in the form of freedom of the press – is specifically protected by the Bill of Rights, the first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution that were necessary in order for our current constitution to be enacted by the various states. Some say that journalism, i.e. the free press, is the only specifically protected profession in our constitutional republic. But the argument can be made that religion – i.e. churches and houses of worship – are also specifically protected by the U.S. Constitution’s Bill of Rights. While gun manufacturers aren’t named, “the right to keep and bear arms” which “shall not be infringed” is also protected. These points have not kept the growth of the power of government in America from infringing on each of these and other realms.
During the past 5 years, MHProNews and MHLivingNews has undergone several changes. Without going into detail, we will simply note for now that we began to more aggressively pull back the veil on behaviors inside of manufactured housing or political and other broader trends that impacted our profession. Readers have responded with higher levels of engagement than are found in mainstream media.
As affordable housing is in three alarm fire crisis levels, it is perhaps no surprise that both of our sites are experiencing various forms of measurably high engagement. Millions of visits to each site speaks for itself.
When news sources and politicians both routinely getting low marks in trust by the general public, MHLivingNews and MHProNews each pivoted some time ago towards longer articles that provide more referenced, named, and linked details. When those links are on our own websites, they doubtlessly are among the reasons more articles are being read. But normal news sites offer links too, only perhaps not as many as our websites do. It has been said that curious minds want to know. Quite so. Curious minds want to dig deeper into the facts, evidence, and analysis we uniquely offer.
It is worth mentioning that readership among federal officials surged in March 2022. That may be due in part to our mainstream media engagement efforts, like the linked examples shown below.
Our thanks to readers like you and to the sponsors and clients who make this work of “Industry News, Tips, and Views Pros Can Use” © and “Intelligence for Your MHLife” © possible. Our sources and tipsters are appreciated and valued, and of course we give thanks to God, who makes all things possible.
Next up is our daily business news recap of yesterday evening’s market report, related left-right headlines, and manufactured housing connected equities.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left leaning CNN and Right-leaning (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has been evolving over time, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. For instance. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ news items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 4.1.2022
- An unusual move
- US Federal Reserve Chairman, Jerome Powell, testifies before the House Financial Services Committee on “The Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress,” in Washington, DC, on March 3, 2022.
- Get ready for even bigger rate hikes from the Fed
- The US job market is roaring back
- Russia, inflation, rate hikes, Covid: Q2 will be full of headwinds, but markets are ready
- Russia faces deep recession that will ‘only get deeper,’ Treasury official says
- Western nations agree to new release of emergency oil
- Europe rejected Putin’s ultimatum. So why is Russian gas still flowing?
- GameStop wants to make shares more affordable for meme stock lovers
- Not just war bonds: Ukraine is getting creative funding its defense
- No one wanted to cut deals after Russia invaded Ukraine
- Opinion: The Zelensky deepfake is a warning for Corporate America
- Russia’s Gazprom exits German business as pricing scuffle continues
- US fuel economy rules will soon require 49 mpg average
- Some 401(k)s will soon let you invest in crypto
- The Toyota GR Corolla is a mean-looking high-performance hatchback
- Press secretary Jen Psaki plans to depart White House for MSNBC in coming weeks
- Buying a flip? Home inspectors explain red flags
- Prices are displayed as a woman shops inside Chinese supermarket in the Elmhurst neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York City, NY, January 13, 2022. Consumer prices surged 7% over a year as inflation hits 40-year high; over the past year, food prices have gone up 12.5%, gas prices have gone up 49.6% and used car prices up 37.3%.
- America’s job market is on fire. Here’s why it doesn’t feel like it
- In this photo taken from video, Amazon workers line up outside the company's Staten Island warehouse to vote on unionization, Friday, March 25, 2022, in New York. Amazon is gearing up for its toughest labor fight yet, with two separate union elections coming to a head as soon as next week that could provide further momentum to the recent wave of organizing efforts across the country. Warehouse workers in Staten Island, New York and Bessemer, Ala., will determine whether or not they want to form a union.
- New York Amazon workers vote to form company’s first US union
- Photo by: John Nacion/STAR MAX/IPx 2020 10/30/20 General view of Applebee’s Times Square branch in New York City on October 30, 2020. Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill is expected to permanently shut down 15 branches during the fourth quarter, franchisor Dine Brands Global alerted investors Wednesday.
- How restaurants charge more but make you feel like you’re getting a bargain
- THE GREAT RESIGNATION
- A person wearing a protective mask sits at a desk in an office in San Francisco, California, U.S., on Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
- America’s return-to-office could mean another round of resignations
- The Great Resignation is taking root around the world
- 4 million Americans quit their jobs last month
- A whole group of men is overlooked in the workforce
- Companies add perks to attract workers
- An apartment building stands at the Lambert Houses, a Phipps Houses Development low-income housing complex, in the Bronx borough of New York, U.S., on Friday, Sept. 1, 2017.
- Rent relief helped prevent more than 1 million evictions in 2021
- Mortgage rates climb above 4.6%
- Signs of a housing bubble are brewing
- Manhattan rents rise to an all-time high
- As home values soar, the wealth gap grows
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 4.1.2022
- On Their Way: Migrants March From S. Mexico, With US Ending COVID Ban
- Migrants from Brazil, glimpsed last year through a gap in the border wall with Mexico. (AP)
- Russian Invasion of Ukraine
- Deaths Hit 31 From Strike on Govt Building in Ukraine’s Mykolaiv
- Pope Heads to Malta; Migration, Ukraine Top His Agenda
- Talks Resume as Ukraine Denies Hitting Depot on Russian Soil
- China: US Is ‘Culprit and Leading Instigator’ in Ukraine
- Zelenskyy Fires 2 Top Generals, Calls Them ‘Traitors’
- Pentagon: Lethal Aid Packages Already Flowing Into Ukraine
- Germany and Austria Prepare for Gasoline Rationing
- Russia Drafts 135K Soldiers, Says They Won’t Go to ‘Hot Spots’
- Russia Poll: Putin’s Approval Shoots Up to 83 Percent
- Navrozov: NATO Needs Ukraine More Than Ukraine Needs It
- Russians Return Chernobyl Amid Flareups Elsewhere
- Russia Blocks Most EU Personnel From Entering Country
- Grimm: Ukrainians Defend Independence With Unbending Fortitude
- More Russian Invasion of Ukraine
- Newsmax TV
- Fitzgerald: WH Inventing Reasons for High Gas Prices | video
- Babin: ‘Floodgates’ About to Open on US-Mexico Border | video
- Steube: GOP Will Win, Subpoena Big Tech on Hunter Biden
- Texas Rep. Harrison: Science Isn’t Being Followed on Boosters | video
- Ferguson: Inflation, Shortages Lie ‘Solely’ With Biden | video
- Jim Jordan: Big Tech, Big Media Colluded to Censor Hunter Biden Story | video
- Giuliani: Press Should Be Prosecuted for Hiding Hunter’s Laptop | video
- More Newsmax TV
- WSJ Poll: Plurality Support 15-Week Abortion Ban
- A full 48% of voters favor the idea of a 15-week abortion ban, with exemptions to protect the life of the mother, according to a new Wall Street Journal poll…. [Full Story]
- Wall St Posts Modest gains as Jobs Report Keeps Fed Hikes on Track
- The S&P 500 rose modestly to kick off the second quarter on Friday, [Full Story]
- On Their Way: Migrants March From S. Mexico, With US Set to Lift COVID Ban
- Some 500 migrants from Central America, Venezuela and elsewhere [Full Story]
- US Ending COVID Order Blocking Asylum Seekers on May 23
- More Than 62K Migrants Evaded Border Patrol in March: Report
- Vulnerable Dems Warn Biden About Reopening Asylum
- Hunter Biden Laptop Saga Shows Media Interfered in 2020
- Hunter Biden’s laptop – and its contents that showed lurid, [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Giuliani to Newsmax: Press Should Be Prosecuted for Hiding Hunter’s Laptop |video
- Jim Jordan: Big Tech, Big Media Colluded to Censor Hunter Biden Story |video
- House Republicans Probing Big Tech ‘Suppression’ of Hunter Biden Laptop Story
- ‘A Frightening Decision’: Sen. Manchin Rips Biden’s Repeal of Title 42
- Joe Manchin D-W.Va., ripped President Joe Biden’s move to [Full Story]
- Ted Cruz: ‘Every City in America’ Is a Border City
- Ted Cruz, R-Texas, used social media Friday to explain why [Full Story]
- Putin Really Wants the Arctic
- While the world watches Russian President Vladimir Putin pour [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Staten Island Amazon 1st in the US to Unionize
- Amazon workers in Staten Island, New York, voted to unionize on [Full Story]
- Off-Duty Deputy Killed Over Catalytic Converter in Grocery Store Parking Lot
- An off-duty Texas sheriff’s deputy has died after being shot in a [Full Story]
- Report: Afghan-American Citizen, Brother Released From Taliban Capture
- An Afghan-American Naval reservist and his brother were released from [Full Story]
- Sussmann Prosecution Could Challenge Clinton, DNC Attorney-Client Privilege Claims
- Special counsel John Durham’s team prosecuting Michael Sussmann, a [Full Story]
- Swimmer Who Tied Lia Thomas Criticizes ‘Trajectory’ of Women’s Sports
- Riley Gaines, a swimmer at the University of Kentucky who tied with [Full Story]
- Jen Psaki to Depart White House for MSNBC: Reports
- Jen Psaki is expected to leave her job as White House spokesperson [Full Story]
- Psaki Looks to Cable News After Saying It’s ‘Dying’
- Jim Carrey ‘Probably’ Retiring: I’ve Done Enough
- Jim Carrey has admitted he is “fairly serious” about retiring from [Full Story]
- House Votes to Decriminalize Cannabis
- S. lawmakers backed the decriminalization of marijuana nationwide [Full Story]
- Razzies Rescind Bruce Willis’ Worst Performance Award
- The Razzie Awards have decided to rescind its 2021 award for worst [Full Story]
- Mass Number of Ukrainians ‘Deported’ Into Russia
- As many as 500,000 Ukrainians are believed to have been brought into [Full Story]
- Poland Plans Massive Military Expansion
- Poland plans to build up its military in light of Russia’s unprovoked [Full Story]
- Pope Begs Forgiveness of Indigenous for Canada School Abuses
- Pope Francis apologized and begged forgiveness Friday for the [Full Story]
- Boris Johnson Tells Zelenskyy: Don’t Do Easy Deal with Russia
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson warned Ukraine President [Full Story]
- US Added 431,000 Jobs in March in Sign of Economic Health
- America’s employers extended a streak of robust hiring in March, [Full Story]
- US Labor Market Nears Full Recovery After Strong March Hiring
- Vela Resigns; Heated Race for Texas Seat Expected
- Filemon Vela, D-Texas, resigned from Congress late Thursday, The [Full Story]
- Zelenskyy Fires 2 Top Generals, Calls Them ‘Traitors’
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has fired two top generals [Full Story]
- Symptom Severity Does Not Indicate Likelihood of Spreading COVID: Study
- The world’s first “human challenge” trial in which volunteers were [Full Story]
- Amazon Unionization Effort in Alabama Appears to Fail Again
- The unionization effort by Amazon workers in Bessemer, Alabama, seems [Full Story]
- Bipartisan Deal Near on Trimmed $10B COVID-19 Bill
- Lawmakers moved to the brink Thursday of shaking hands on a [Full Story]
- House Passes $35/Month Insulin Cap in Bipartisan Vote
- The House on Thursday passed a bill capping the monthly cost of [Full Story]
- Fake Govt Nuke Training News Broadcast Released
- A government training video for coordinated response to nuclear [Full Story]
- Lipstadt Confirmed as Special Envoy to Combat Antisemitism
- The Senate voted to confirm Holocaust historian Deborah Lipstadt on [Full Story]
- VP Harris Mocked for ‘Word Salad’ During Event With Jamaican PM
- Vice President Kamala Harris’ comments Thursday about how the U.S. [Full Story]
- Pentagon Says US Lethal Aid Packages Already Flowing Into Ukraine
- The United States has already sent roughly half a dozen lethal aid [Full Story]
- More Newsfront
- Journalists Impeded, Not Muzzled, by Russian Reporting Rules
- In a recent dispatch from Moscow, BBC correspondent Steve Rosenberg noted that a new Russian law required him to refer to the invasion of Ukraine as a “special military operation.”… [Full Story]
- US Task Force on Russian Oligarchs Sees Evidence of Sanctions Evasion
- COVID Weighing Less and Less on the U.S. Job Market
- Inflation Hits Sun Belt Especially Hard
- Amazon Union Leader Smalls – From Rapper to Unlikely Voice of Protest
- More Finance
- What You Should Know About the Second COVID-19 Booster Shot
- On Tuesday, both the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention authorized a second booster shot for people 50 years of age and older at least four months after their first booster. Both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines got the…… [Full Story]
- Experimental Alzheimer’s Drug Improves Thinking and Memory: Study
- Sense of Direction Influenced By Where You Grew Up
- Depression, Suicidal Thoughts Prevalent in High School Students During Pandemic: Study
- Scientists Complete Decoding Entire Human Genome
MHProNews has pioneered in our profession several reporting elements that keep our regular and attentive readers as arguably the best informed in the manufactured housing industry. Among the items shared after ‘every business day’ (when markets are open) is our left-right headline recap summary. At a glance in two to three minutes, key ‘market moving’ news items are covered from left-of-center CNN Business and right-of-center Newsmax. “We Provide, You Decide.” © Additionally, MHProNews provides expert commentary and analysis on the issues that others can’t or won’t cover that help explain why manufactured housing has been underperforming during the Berkshire era while an affordable housing crisis and hundreds of thousands of homeless in America rages on. These are “Industry News, Tips, and Views Pros Can Use” © features and others made and kept us the runaway #1 in manufactured housing trade publisher for a dozen years and counting.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
Manufactured Home Communities (a.k.a. ‘Mobile Home Parks’ – SIC) – Exploring UMH Properties; Fellow Manufactured Housing Institute Member Yes! Communities Suits and Settlements; plus MH Markets Updates
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing and have completed over a dozen years of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 12+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.