On October 7, 2020, Flagship Communities Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) announced that they had completed on that date its initial public offering. Flagship’s symbol on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) is MHC.U.
MHProNews is adding Flagship Communities today to the list of publicly traded firms that are tracked here each business day, with their trading data posted each evening.
If the past is prologue, as some historians and business wonks have observed, then Flagship could be a source of periodic fireworks. But those fireworks, depending on the investors perspective, may not be the type that is sought.
For instance. Simply Wall Street 4 days ago asked – “Should you invest in Flagship Communities Real Estate Investment Trust (TSX:MHC.U)? They noted that the firm had an “Adequate balance sheet with weak fundamentals.” At this time, the firm has a 1.5 star rating out of 5 with Simply Wall Street.
Tonight’s featured focus will the firm’s formal release, along with some added information and linked reports. As normal, the featured focus follows tonight’s quotable quotes, left-right headlines, and two of our three market snapshot graphics at the closing bell today. The final market graphic that summarizes over a dozen manufactured housing industry connected stocks at the closing bell follow the featured focus, recent and related report links.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues..
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Gravy train
- A person uses an automated teller machine (ATM) at a temporarily closed JPMorgan Chase & Co. bank branch in New York, U.S., on Friday, April 10, 2020. JPMorgan Chase is scheduled to release earnings figures on April 14. Photographer: Mark Kauzlarich/Bloomberg via Getty Images
- Banks make billions on overdraft fees. A Biden White House could end that
- Here comes another $10 billion in losses for US airlines
- Disney is set to overhaul its entertainment business with focus on streaming
- It’s not just Amazon: Here’s where you can get deals this week
- Amazon workers worry about Prime Day, peak season and the pandemic
- Good news for Amazon: Prime Day just turned into a holiday shopping event
- Americans are racing to create new businesses during the pandemic
- Microsoft disrupted a massive hacking operation that could have affected the election
- What to expect from Apple’s iPhone 12 event
- Land O’Lakes CEO: How businesses can help our nation’s farmers
- Goodbye ‘Finger Lickin’ Good.’ KFC’s new signature sauce is here
- Tracksuits and laundry service: Companies are getting creative with remote employee perks
- Nobel Prize in economics awarded to Paul Milgrom and Robert Wilson
- A street performer dressed in costume stands in front of the Nasdaq MarketSite in the Times Square neighborhood of New York, U.S., on Monday, Sept. 14, 2020. U.S. stocks touched a more than one-week high amid a flurry of deal activity and signs of progress toward a coronavirus vaccine. The dollar weakened and Treasuries were little changed.
- Nasdaq soars as tech stocks lead a market rally
- eBay announces the expansion of its Authenticity Guarantee service for sneaker sales on the platform.
- EBay will now guarantee that those expensive sneakers are real
- People seen outside the Apple store at Marina Bay Sands. In a shape of a giant orb, Apple's third retail store, Apple Marina Bay Sands officially opened on September 10 this year.
- The iPhone 12 will probably have 5G. Many people won’t notice
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- California judge rules inmates owed $1,200 stimulus payments
- The CARES Act did not specifically prohibit payments from being sent to these individuals
- Amazon Prime Day is cash haul for Bezos backed e-commerce giant
- Nasdaq leads stock gains ahead Amazon Prime Day, Apple reveal
- ACB addressed senators as Dems frame her as threat to ObamaCare
- These are the top 5 retirement questions. Are you asking them?
- COVID-19 CASH
- Regeneron officials sell $1M in stock after Trump calls drugs ‘miracles’
- BAD TASTE
- CEO of Haliburton Foods resigns after charged with child prostitution
- GOLDEN YEARS
- 4 good ways to go broke in retirement
- THEATERS STRUGGLING
- ‘Tenet’ loses No. 1 box office spot to Robert De Niro’s ‘War with Grandpa’
- TRADING BOOST
- Dillard’s get boost after Warren Buffett’s right-hand man loads up on stock
- RETIREE CALCULATIONS
- The most important Social Security table you’ll ever see
- BEWARE, DOG OWNERS
- Dog food recall over high levels of mold byproduct expands: FDA
- FUTURE LOCKDOWNS?
- Varney: WHO warning on COVID lockdowns matters for presidential race
- MAKING MONEY
- Here’s how to add $335k to your 401(k) with absolutely no effort
- Biden’s stance on fracking resurfaces in ‘Saturday Night Live’ cold-open
- Abbott’s coronavirus antibody test gets FDA’s emergency use approval
- Coronavirus vaccine more important for stocks than presidential election winner: Goldman Sachs
- British Airways replaces CEO amid industry’s ‘worst crisis’ as coronavirus pandemic continues
- Michigan county partners with Shipt to launch free grocery delivery service for seniors
- Ava DuVernay says Hollywood losing millions for lack of diversity ‘might move people to change’
- California utility may cut power to reduce wildfire risks as equipment probed in deadly blaze
- Graham challenger, Harrison, shatters Senate fundraising record with $57M haul
- PERSONAL FINANCE
- Social Security benefits in 2021: How much your check may increase next year
- White House pushes for limited coronavirus relief bill as broader effort meets resistance
- 2 Stanford economists win Nobel prize for auction theory
- California rolling blackouts during summer heat wave caused by 3 main factors, report says
- Ewan McGregor’s Obi-Wan Kenobi series for Disney+ set to film in March
- Bill Gates says Trump’s coronavirus treatment won’t work for everyone, shouldn’t be called ‘cure’
- Regeneron CEO says President Trump’s antibody cocktail treatment is ‘case report’
- Danbury, Connecticut officially naming sewage plant after John Oliver following feud
- US officials looking to open New York-London travel with shorter quarantine times as early as the holidays: report
- 50% crop loss estimates from a rare wind storm that slammed Iowa
- Diners want more meals to go during coronavirus. Chefs are feeling boxed in.
- Colorado town to pay visitors $100 to travel there
- Florida man gets 2 years in prison for ‘Shark Tank’ investment-turned-fraud
- McDonald’s, Chipotle and Domino’s feast during COVID-19 while your neighborhood restaurant fasts
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Nathan Smith is a prior chairman of the Arlington, VA based Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI). He still is active and holds an important role and has influence with the trade group.
The initial stock result for Smith and partner Kurt Keeney since the completion of their IPO is shown below.
Their media release is below, which will be followed by additional linked information.
TORONTO, /CNW/ – Flagship Communities Real Estate Investment Trust (the “REIT“) (TSX:MHC.U) announced today that it has completed its initial public offering of 6,250,000 trust units (the “Units“) at a price of per Unit (the “Offering“). The Offering raised gross proceeds of . The Units will begin trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange today under the symbol “MHC.U”.
Additional Information, MHProNews Analysis and Commentary
First, let’s note that reporting on this stock – or others – should not be considered as an endorsement of the firm or its leadership. It’s not. Reports and analysis are just that here on MHProNews.
Next, there are an array of controversies that have followed Smith and company, notably under their original brand name, SSK Communities. Shortly after one of our reports linked below, Alice Smith, one of the “S” in SSK died.
The related reports that are linked below outline a significant history on the firm and Smith, much of which will not found on other platforms. MHProNews has routinely ranked highly – page 1, often top of fold – on searches related Flagship Communities and Nathan Smith.
The drama around this firm and its leadership arguably sheds light on why manufactured housing as an industry has been underperforming for years.
See the linked and related reports to learn more.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.