Jim Hoft on the award-winning right-of-center Gateway Pundit pointed out that Google Trends reflected a “Ten Fold” surge for searches for “Hunter Biden” during and following the first presidential debate on Tuesday between Donald J. Trump and former Obama-era Vice President Joe Biden.
The actual Google Trends graphics and more on a range of other searches will be our featured focus this evening.
To tee online searches up pre- and post-debate on several different levels, it is useful to bear in mind the notion that the “strong horse” individuals often appeals to certain personality types. Like it or not, President Trump’s debate style, one thing becomes clear. He is a counterpuncher. He can take the hit, and then hit back hard.
Our report with video linked here and below reflects that it was Obama-era VP Joe Biden, who first interrupted and did name calling on Tuesday night. Once that occurred, the gloves came off for President Trump. It was counterpunching time.
Biden is trying to cultivate a calm demeanor. That will appeal to a segment of the population.
But another segment wants to see someone who is ready to be a strong leader.
The Rocky V video clip above has been popular online for years. It speaks to numerous topics. That includes those who realize that life can be tough, and sometimes, someone has to face the challenges head-on take the hits and hit back harder. With a summer of violence and unrest, crime surging, former VP Biden relatively tepid response compared to that of President Trump, how will that play with urban and suburban voters?
The nation will find out in a little over a month.
It is unlikely that any one issue will turn the outcome of the 2020 race. But there are reasons to believe that the race is tighter than much of the mainstream media touted polling indicates. The report that will follow sheds light on that notion.
Is 2020 in some ways a replay of the 2016 race? Is Joe Biden’s light campaign schedule with small audiences going to work?
The answer must be yes and no. President Trump – as candidate Trump – as an unknown quantity. He beat a veteran politician in Hillary Clinton that had the support of billionaires like Warren Buffett.
Joe Biden has 47 years in public life. It is a point that President Trump and his campaign have hit him on. Are a majority or plurality of voters really going to buy the notion that Biden will suddenly arrive at solutions that in many ways contradict stances he held just months or years ago?
Women who know and support the president are
featured in this video teaser for the movie.
Time will tell. But the featured focus this evening of Google Trends and other data will shed light on why there are several reports that Democrats are not as confident in winning this race as they project. That follows the quotable quotes, left-right headlines, two of our three summaries of the markets at today’s closing bell. The final market graphic, which is manufactured home connected stocks specific, is found after the featured focus and related reports.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues..
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Making a comeback
- A salesperson wearing a protective mask helps a customer viewing General Motors Co. Chevrolet vehicles displayed for sale at a car dealership in Grove City, Ohio, U.S., on Saturday, Aug. 15, 2020. Sport-utility vehicles and trucks are dominating U.S. auto sales like never before as carmakers start to recover from the biggest shock to their industry in decades.
- Car sales aren’t at pre-pandemic levels, but they’re up as people look for safer ways to travel
- Earnings are expected to plunge again but there are hopeful signs things are improving
- The unemployment rate has never been this high going into an election
- Ohio mom facing eviction: I’m just thinking about my kids
- Opinion: Why the economy would be stronger under Biden than Trump
- Playboy is going public
- Why restaurant deals are making a comeback
- Court rules Subway’s bread is too sugary to be called bread
- H&M is closing 250 stores
- These brands still haven’t replaced their racist logos. Here’s why
- It’s cheaper than ever to rent an entire movie theater
- Burger King thinks it deserves a Michelin star
- NASA astronauts can’t wait to leave Earth for SpaceX mission
- An American flag is displayed on a privacy voting screen at a polling station during a power outage in Manhattan, Kansas, U.S., on Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2020. Kansas Republican voters on Tuesday will resolve a raucous Senate primary that includes a congressman preferred by party leaders and a conservative firebrand Democrats want to see win the nomination.
- Wall Street is more worried about a contested election than coronavirus
- GE toasters and blenders are back for the first time in 35 years
- Orders move down a conveyor belt at the 855,000-square-foot Amazon fulfillment center in Staten Island, one of the five boroughs of New York City, on February 5, 2019. – Inside a huge warehouse on Staten Island thousands of robots are busy distributing thousands of items sold by the giant of online sales, Amazon.
- Amazon removes ‘stand back and stand by’ merchandise
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Former Twitter CEO says some business leaders will be ‘shot in the revolution’
- Twitter has not flagged or removed the tweet
- Layoffs soar amid slow economic recovery
- Playboy goes public again, aiming to ‘create a lifestyle of pleasure’
- Boeing announces 787 production moving to South Carolina in 2021
- All the different ways a ‘physical inspection contingency’ is being used by homebuyers
- OUT OF SHAPE
- NY gym chains sued over membership charges amid coronavirus pandemic
- Top pro-Trump super PAC edges out leading pro-Biden super PAC
- OFFENSIVE ONLINE
- TikTok users still see widespread anti-Semitism on app
- THE CLIMB
- Stocks rise ahead of September jobs report and ongoing stimulus talks
- EASY DELIVERY
- Court decides if Amazon liable in teen’s death via caffeine bought from retailer
- WASTING AWAY
- Trash explosion added to the heap of problems facing NYC business owners
- START YOUR ENGINES
- Volkswagen may offer Lamborghini IPO, report says
- LIVE LIKE GEORGE
- REAL ESTATE
- Part of Mount Vernon on the market for $60M in Virginia
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE
- FOX Business rolls out new features to help you make money
- Park MGM casino in Las Vegas reopens with smoke-free policy
- Wall Street firms, banks bracing for layoffs in early 2021: Gasparino
- California heat wave spurs warning to conserve energy to avoid rolling blackouts
- Amazon warehouse employees say company “didn’t have a plan” to deal with coronavirus outbreaks: report
- Senate votes to subpoena Facebook, Alphabet, Twitter ahead of 2020 election
- BUSINESS LEADERS
- California governor signs corporate boardroom diversity law
- Kylie Cosmetics warns customers about Shopify data breach
- Stocks brace for one of election year’s most treacherous months
- CARS + TRUCKS
- Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 discontinued for 2021. Here’s what’s replacing it
- Packed rooms, no tracing: Amazon staff say company bungled COVID response
- Mark Cuban donates $50,000 to Los Angeles deputies wounded in ambush attack
- Hawaiian Airlines expands pre-travel COVID-19 testing options
- The Rock readies XFL for ‘electrifying 2022 season’
- Second round of stimulus checks would be included in coronavirus relief bill: Mnuchin
- Upcoming holiday shopping season will smash digital sales records because of coronavirus, forecast says
- Another 837,000 Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week
- BUSINESS LEADERS
- New Ford CEO replaces CFO, pledges stronger profit margins
- Demand for big-box warehouses soars under e-commerce surge, report says
- Despite AOC call for probe, Peter Thiel-backed tech firm goes public, hits $22B valuation
- Restaurant industry leader: Coronavirus aid urgently needed to battle ‘fight of our lives’
- Trump signs temporary government funding bill
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
The runaway largest audience in talk radio is said to be the Rush Limbaugh Show.
iHeart Radio shared this transcript.
“RUSH: Here we go. Fastest three hours in media. By the way, in the first flash poll after the debate, Spanish-speaking viewers of Telemundo expressed their preference of who won the debate last night. Trump 66, Biden 34, and there was universal shock when that number came in.
People said, “Wait a min. How do you explain Hispanics?” Yeah. Because you know why? Trump was seen as a fighter and a defender last night.” If that Telemundo poll translated into votes, which won’t be known for several weeks, it could spell disaster for Democratic candidates in various battleground states.
To Limbaugh’s point, one of the topics that surged in online searches was Hunter Biden, which President Trump raised several times during the evening. Here is how the Gateway Pundit site reflected that trending topic on Google’s research.
MHProNews doubled checked. Here is the result we found, quite similar to what Gateway Pundit said.
Those results shown above sparked this question. What about other topics that the president or the Trump Campaign have raised?
Here are several of the results.
Time will tell. But the featured focus this evening of Google Trends and other data will shed light on why there are several reports that Democrats are not as confident in winning this race as they project.
The election is just a little over a month away. The mainstream media, Hollywood, and Silicon Valley can give the impression that it is all going the Democratic way. Deep pockets backing Democrats means hundreds of millions of dollars in ads that also make it seem like Democrats will sweep. Those elements are significant, and will no doubt sway a segment of voters.
But the possibility that minorities are moving away from Democrats toward President Trump and the GOP may be a frightening picture. The Democrats have foresworn door knocking, pointing to COVID-19 concerns, until now. Post-debate, and perhaps following internal and other polling, Democrats are going to now fire up their own field campaign. Republicans have been knocking on doors since June.
Will larger rallies and a better ‘ground game’ be enough to win in 2020, as it did in 2016? 11 of the last 12 elections, the direction of the Catholic vote sided with the winner of the Oval Office. While way will those voters go? But it seems odd at best, scandalous at worst, that a ‘practicing Catholic’ – Joe Biden – says he supports taxpayer funded abortion. It’s not an easy sell for the Biden campaign to say ‘trust me,’ when he’s changed so many positions and has turned his back on the teachings of his own church.
Learn the issues, share what you learn with your circle of influence and vote.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Are More Blacks Moving to President Trump? “I have done more in three years for the black community than Joe Biden has done in 47 years—and when I’m reelected, the best is yet to come!” Plus Manufactured Home Investing, Stock Updates
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.