Programming Notice: If you haven’t seen the Cavco Industries (CVCO) related report – linked here – check it out. It is a rocket ship into orbit, based on the early data. It reveals the latest scandal and newest SEC investigation.
Then from the headline, there are barrels of actual and digital ink that have been spilled for weeks speculating about the first presidential debate between the Democratic challenger, former Obama-era Vice President Joe Biden (D) and the incumbent President Donald J. Trump (R). Some have even questioned if the debate would or should be held.
Those questions and more will be answered starting around 9 PM Eastern.
Specifically: “Tuesday, Sept. 29 from 9 pm. to 10:30 p.m. ET (6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. PT) at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio.”
Per CNET, “The debate will be shown live on every major network and cable news channel, including ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and C-SPAN. You’ll also be able to stream the debate live on YouTube via CBS News (like CNET, a property of Viacom CBS) and other services like C-SPAN.”
“The debate will run for 90 minutes and comprise six 15-minute segments with no commercial breaks. Chris Wallace of Fox News will moderate. Debate topics will be announced prior to the event, but there should be plenty to discuss, from the coronavirus pandemic and wildfires ravaging the country to racial unrest, a struggling economy and a sudden Supreme Court vacancy after the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg,” said CNET.
Wallace is thought to be a Democrat but has often been praised for being direct and pointed with question to candidates from both major parties. Time will tell.
Many believe it will be a record-breaking audience. MHProNews will tune in, how about you?
With that part of the headline addressed, let’s pivot to the first segment. The undercover sting by controversial Project Veritas that has video that indicates a purported pay-for-ballots scheme by Representative Ilhan Omar (MN-D). As usual, that featured focus segment follows our quotable quotes, the left-right headlines for today at the closing bell, as well as 2 of the 3 major market snapshot. More data on industry specific stocks follows the featured focus and related and recent report links.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues..
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- It’s getting bleak
- Out-of-work hotel workers say there’s no end in sight. ‘My biggest worry is securing shelter’
- Stocks soar on hopes for a new stimulus package
- ANALYSIS The New York Times’ coverage of Trump’s taxes is an emperor-has-no-clothes moment
- Trump says the economy is booming. He’s right — but you don’t feel it
- How this week’s Palantir and Asana listings could reshape the IPO market
- Stelter on the consequences of Trump’s daily lies
- Designer stops selling polo shirt associated with the ‘Proud Boys’
- Amazon’s Prime Day highlights the huge stakes ahead for retail
- Chris Wallace won’t fact check Trump and Biden during the debate
- Trump is stealing China’s playbook to deal with TikTok
- Cockroaches, porn and a bloody pig mask: How eBay harassed bloggers
- Big Hit IPO makes BTS millionaires and their producer a billionaire
- Analysis: How Fox News’ so-called ‘straight news’ division spins negative news for Trump
- US President Donald Trump speaks to the press as he makes his way to board Marine One from the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, DC on September 24, 2020. – Trump is on a two-day campaign swing through North Carolina and Florida.
- 9 key takeaways about Trump Inc. from the bombshell New York Times report
- Empty shelves of Clorox wipes at a Walgreens store on August 6, 2020 in New York.
- Worried about more shortages, grocery stores are stockpiling goods
- Protesters march against police brutality in Los Angeles, on September 23, 2020, following a decision on the Breonna Taylor case in Louisville, Kentucky. – A judge announced charges brought by a grand jury against Detective Brett Hankison, one of three police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Taylor in March. Hankison was charged with three counts of “wanton endangerment” in connection with the shooting.
- Body cam industry is under pressure after deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Billionaire reveals why he may be next big name to ‘escape’ the Golden State
- Billionaire bond fund manager Jeffrey Gundlach reportedly has an estimated net worth of $2.2 billion.
- Trump admin fires back after judge temporarily blocks TikTok ban in US
- Federal judge temporarily blocks Trump’s TikTok download ban
- Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany hits back at ‘flawed’ report on Trump’s taxes
- Stocks surge at opening spurring hope for end of 4-week losing streak
- ANDY PUZDER: The startling news about Trump’s economy the media has ignored
- LIVE NOW
- CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
- Trump provides update on US coronavirus testing strategy
- SILVER LINING
- Pandemic experience has execs looking to improve work-life balance, survey
- WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED
- BEN CARSON: Don’t be fooled, Trump’s health care vision is clearly impressive
- CONSIDER THIS INVESTMENT
- Boost your retirement income and avoid taxes with this smart move
- IHOP HAPPY HOUR
- Pancake chain introduces $5 meal deals to attract customers during evenings
- BLACK FRIDAY IN 2020
- Pandemic shopping trends force retailers to rethink holiday shopping
- SMART SAVINGS
- PERSONAL FINANCE
- Retirement investors: Why it’s time to stop using the 4% rule
- GENDER-NEUTRAL GREETING
- Why this airline will stop saying ‘ladies and gentlemen’
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE
- FOX Business enhances portfolio tracker, real-time market data
- WWE faces trial over possible copyright infringement for wrestler tattoos
- California wildfire danger prompts power shutoffs as PG&E reduces scale, San Diego could be impacted
- Uber wins back London license
- Cheap dollar won’t revive NYC real estate market anytime soon
- Trump calls New York Times report that he avoid paying taxes ‘totally made up’
- Oil falls as surging virus cases cloud demand outlook
- American Airlines CEO ‘confident’ Congress will reach deal on federal aid for carriers
- Thousands of Californians to lose electricity in PG&E wildfire safety effort
- FOOD & DRINK
- Subway employees asked to describe the ‘strangest orders’ they’ve ever fulfilled
- Some Midwestern states have more than 25% COVID-19 positive test rates: report
- FOOD & DRINKS
- Grocery stores, food producers beef up inventory for potential second wave of COVID-19, holiday shopping rush
- PERSONAL FINANCE
- DAVE RAMSEY: Why a zero-based budget could make you rich
- Google to block political ads starting the day after general election
- Qatar Airways says losses reach $1.9B amid pandemic, boycott
- AT&T extends home Internet fee waiver set to expire Oct. 1
- Now you can buy fully stocked bar carts from retired 747s
- Apple iPad Air review roundup: Should you buy one?
- US shale producer Devon in talks to acquire peer WPX – sources
- Biden to Democrats: Focus on health law, not court expansion
- What Trump pick Amy Coney Barrett could mean for future of the Supreme Court
- Pros and cons of high-yield savings accounts
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
There are those who accuse Project Veritas of deceptively editing videos to make their points stronger. As if mainstream media has never edited videos to emphasize something that they want to feature and downplay something that would be of less interest to their audience?
Some of James O’Keefe led legal victories – which he says they are 7 and 0 in, are found by clicking the image below.
Despite the protests from anti-Trump forces in media and politics that dismiss claims of voter fraud in vote by mail efforts, this video makes it plain that the concern is real.
- Ballot Harvester Liban Mohamed: “Money is Everything. Money is the King in this World. If You Got No Money, You Should Not Be Here, Period. You Know What I am Saying? Money is Everything and a Campaign is Managed By Money.”
- Mohamed: “Numbers Do Not Lie. Numbers Do Not Lie. You Can See My Car is Full. All These Here Are Absentee Ballots. Can’t You See? Look at All These, My Car is Full.”
- Paid Voter: “When We Sign The Voting Document and They Fill It Out Is When They Give Us The Money,”… “The Minute We Signed The Thing [Ballot] For The Election. That’s When We Get paid.”
- Ballot Harvesting Triangle: River Plaza Apartments, Horn Towers seniors Community and 980 Hennepin Polling Site All Subject to Fraud
- Minneapolis Somali Community Insider: “It’s an Open Secret” … “She [Ilhan Omar] Will Do Anything That She Can Do To Get Elected and She [Omar] Has Hundreds of People on The Streets Doing That.”
- Seniors at Horn Towers Ballots Compromised; Harvester: We “Request” Ballots For The Seniors and Then Take Them Away.
[Minneapolis–Sept. 27, 2020] Project Veritas investigators revealed a ballot harvesting scheme here involving clan and political allies and associates of Rep. Ilhan Omar (D.-Minn.) in the first of a series of reports.
“Numbers don’t lie. Numbers don’t lie. You can see my car is full. All these here are absentees’ ballots. Can’t you see? Look at all these, my car is full. All these are for Jamal Osman… We got 300 today for Jamal Osman only,” said Liban Mohamed in a series of Snapchat videos posted July 1 and July 2 on his own Snapchat profile.
Mohamed said he was collecting the ballots to help his brother win the city’s Aug. 11 special election for a vacant Ward 6 city council race—which was held the same day as the primary for Omar’s MN-05 congressional seat. Ward 6 is the heart of the city’s Somali community and the Omar’s political base.
James O’Keefe, the founder and CEO of Project Veritas, said: “Ballot harvesting is real and it has become a big business. Our investigation into this ballot harvesting ring demonstrates clearly how these unscrupulous operators exploit the elderly and immigrant communities—and have turned the sacred ballot box into a commodities trading desk.”
O’Keefe said, “We are showing Americans what is really going on in one of our great cities—but, it’s not me saying—we have the operators on tape saying it all themselves.”
Nor is this the only such episode in 2020 alone.
More on voter fraud another time, but this video may help bring more focus to the problem. As a footnote, these issues should not be used as a reason not to vote. There were reportedly voting irregularities in 2016 too, but President Trump won then. The problem is serious, but it isn’t insurmountable. Elections come down to turnout and authentic voting. Do your part and do it lawfully.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Communities, Assoc Exposé – Whistleblower “Leaks” – Lesli Gooch Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) CEO and Sheila S. Dey, Executive Director Western Manufactured Housing Communities Association (WMA)
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.