On this celebration of our 7th year of uninterrupted factory-crafted housing trade media publishing, we begin the month with this thought-provoking theme: Obstacles and Opportunities in Affordable Housing – October 2016.
Manufactured, modular and prefabricated home professionals know that how a home got to its location should not define a person or their dwelling.
What we in the Daily Business News spotlight, day by day, are the tragedies, triumphs and struggles for acceptance of the obvious solution for millions for the growing affordable housing crisis in the U.S. and beyond.
Day after day, we strive to live up to the twin taglines of our original and new logos:
“Industry News, Tips and Views Pros can Use.” ©
“Innovation – Information – Inspiration for Industry Professionals.” ©
When you read the lineup for the month found on Obstacles and Opportunities in Affordable Housing – October 2016, you can reflect on another motto as you chart your own professional path ahead: “We Provide, You Decide.”
Notice: This recap was begun at 5 AM ET on Friday Oct 7th, prior to a possible power loss at our headquarters here in Lakeland, FL. We apologize if there are any missed items, and will edit those back in once power is restored.
What’s New On MHProNews
Saturday Oct 8th, 2016
- Non-Profit Denies Manufactured Homes are for Syrian Refugees
- Trash Talkin’ Trump 2005 v Clinton’s Goldman Leaks-Open Borders, Gun Grab
Friday Oct 7th, 2016
- SUN & BRK buck drooping MH Comp Value, broader markets slip too
- DIY Prefabricated “Arched Cabin” for Under $10K? Yes, but…
- HUD Code Manufactured Housing Production Growth Resumes, August report
- A Show Within a Show at The Novi Home Show
Thursday Oct 6th, 2016
- Patrick Industries, Louisiana-Pacific Gain – MHCV rising, broader Markets mixed – Hurricane Matthew Impact Felt
- MH Retailers – FEMA “urgently” needs Single Section Manufactured Homes within 1000 miles of Louisiana Flood
- Manufactured Housing Industry Veteran Announces Retirement
- Will Hurri-Kaine Matthew be 2016’s SuperStorm Sandy?
Wednesday Oct 5th, 2016
- Big Day For AMG, Skyline – Markets Rise – Slowest U.S. Recovery Since WWII – East Coast Braces for Matthew
- Cities Housing the Homeless – are Modular Homes an Answer?
- Historic Lustron PreFab Homes Draw Renewed Interest
- Advantage Mike Pence over Tim Kaine in lone VP Debate, per CNN/ORC Poll
Tuesday Oct 4th, 2016
- Skyline Up, MHCV beats Tumbling broader Markets and in banking, ATM Fees Record High
- UMH Properties, Inc. Declares Common and Preferred Dividends
- ELS Shares Down, Bank of Montreal Acquires New Stake
- Ikea Style “Flat-Pack” Homes – the Answer to Australia’s Housing Shortage?
- Rasmussen, Clinton Trump tied, VP Debate Tonight & Clinton WikiTeased
- Fab or fad? Innovative PreFab Homes could Disrupt Building Trades, Solve Shortages
Monday Oct 3rd, 2016
- Patrick and LP lead, IL Yanking Billions from Wells Fargo, Markets Dip
- Flooding, Buy-Out Closes Colorado Town’s Last Manufactured Home Community- Affordable Housing Harmed
- MHI announces their new Executive Committee board members, Award Winners
- FEMA’s Manufactured Home Installations slow for Louisiana flood victims
- Fox – If Election today, Florida Decides it, NYT – Trump Tax Release – Analysis
Sunday, Oct 2nd, 2016
- Sunday Morning Weekly Recap – Manufactured Housing Industry News – September 25th through October 2nd ##
(Image credits for this page will be found on the page with the original image.)
Submitted by L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach to the Daily Business News, MHProNews.