Why is manufactured housing badly underperforming during an affordable housing crisis? There are several factors, not just one. The fine folks on the Arlington side of the Potomac River across from Washington, D.C. apparently missed the message in Tuesday’s election results. Along with the emailed message that brought the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) “Housing Alert” to MHProNews regarding the Biden regime’s arguably unconstitutional vaccination mandate, was this pithy comment.
“Let’s Go Brandon!!”
Can MHI or Biden regime lovers spell ‘ouch?’
It should be noted that word is already out that the Biden-Harris regime is exploring mandating this for businesses that are smaller too. Just as parents in Virginia had to rear up and make their voices heard at meetings and at polls, that arguably needs to occur with this “no jab (of the so-called vax) no job” ‘mandate’ is necessary asap.
Here below is the MHI’s own oversized logo and Housing Alert banner of 11.4.2021. Related comments and analysis will follow. Following that feature, our business daily left-right headlines and manufactured housing market snapshots will follow.
Note that the highlighting in the MHI text below is added by MHProNews. That will be examined as part of our analysis.
Additional Information, MHProNews Analysis and Commentary in Brief
For over a year, MHI’s home page has had COVID19 resources. Whatever the feds happen to say, they have often mouthed back to their readers on this economically and politically charged topic.
Missing from the above from MHI are words like “constitutional” or “unconstitutional.” As was noted above, along with the message from an industry pro in response to MHI and this ‘mandate’ was literally the phrase: “Let’s Go Brandon!!” Meaning, the PG version of “F-ck Joe Biden.”
Another response to the MHI message was this.
“Lawsuits already being filed. Ben Shapiro’s company filed today as reported at Breitbart.”
Another statement on the MHI missive and mandate sarcastically read: “Talk about MHI burying the lead. Much of what they said could be construed as if they are fine with this federal overreach, until the last line. That’s MHI in Action.”
To that third point, MHI has a staff attorney and outside counsel. They claim to represent “all segments” of factory built housing. Where are they on this outrageous overreach federal? Don’t they realize that much of the supply chain and other economically and politically problematic issues are driven by bad Biden regime policies?
But for MHI, their answer to this is simple. They tell you to talk to your attorney. Wow, helpful, huh? Note that the Biden plan admits that their could be downtime from getting the COVID19 jab.
Where is the law that passed the Congress that gives Joe Biden this authority? Nowhere in the Constitution is there any mention of OSHA or the White House having the authority to pass a law (read regulation with the force of law) of this kind. Nor is it likely that such a proposal could pass Congress.
To that point, the following has been provided by WND Newscenter to MHProNews.
Biden extends vaccine deadline to avoid being ‘Grinch’
Administration facing lawsuits for private-company mandate
By Art Moore
Published November 4, 2021 at 7:02pm
In an effort to avoid being the Grinch that stole Christmas, the Biden administration extended the deadline for federal government workers and contractors to be vaccinated to Jan. 4, the same day set for private companies with 100 or more employees.
On Thursday, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration introduced a COVID-19 vaccine rule for private companies ordered by President Biden that will ensure “safe and healthy workplaces for millions of Americans.”
Biden announced Sept. 9 a deadline of Dec. 8 for federal workers and contractors while disclosing he was ordering OSHA to write a rule for private companies. The companies with 100 or more employees will be given the option of providing weekly testing results in lieu of inoculation.
The Washington Examiner said the White House extended the deadine in an apparent effort to “ease concerns that supply chain problems would have been exacerbated by the deadline coinciding with the busiest shopping and shipping time of the year.”
Eric Hoplin, president and CEO of the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors, said the idea that on Dec. 8 “we were going to have to fire tens of thousands of Americans just weeks before Christmas was something that the White House finally came to terms with.”
But Labor Secretary Marty Walsh insisted in a Fox News interview Thursday that the private-company mandate, affecting 84 million employees, would help the economy.
“The unmitigated spread of coronavirus in the workplace presents a grave danger of illness or death to unvaccinated workers,” Walsh said. “This rule is well within OSHA’s authority under the OSH Act, and consistent with OSHA’s requirements to protect workers.”
However, many companies, Republican attorneys general and others, including the small-business advocate Job Creators Network, are suing OSHA, contending the rule is unconstitutional.
About 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August, the highest figure since the United States began keeping records of the statistic about 20 years ago. It amounts to about 3% of the country’s workforce.
South Dakota Republican Gov. Kristi Noem announced Thusday her state is joining in a lawsuit against the Biden administration’s “unconstitutional vaccine mandates.” The states argue the mandates usurp rights the 10th Amendment reserves to the states.
Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich, who filed a lawsuit in September, said that when “faceless government bureaucrats dictate what you must inject into your body, that’s the furthest thing in the world from a safe workplace.”
“The government doesn’t get to be your nanny, and it’s certainly not your doctor,” he said.
Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., introduced a bill Tuesday to abolish OSHA, saying its “existence is yet another example of the federal government creating agencies to address issues that are more appropriately handled by state governments and private employers.”
Kyle Lamb, a rearcher for Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis, questioned how “grave” the situation was, considering it took 56 days for OSHA to write the rule and take be another 60 days before anyone actually has to implement it.
— The Daily Wire (@realDailyWire) November 4, 2021
Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., argued vaccines “are medical procedures,” which require informed consent.
“You have a right to talk to your doctor about risks and benefits. You have a right to accept the risks or decline them. Your body. Your choice.”
OSHA said companies with fewer than 100 workers eventually could be included in the mandate. The agency will make a determination after a month of public comment on the rule.
Several states, including Florida and Texas, have moved to ban vaccine mandates.
But the White House said the OSHA rule will “preempt any inconsistent state or local laws, including laws that ban or limit an employer’s authority to require vaccination, masks, or testing.” ##
Additional Information, More MHProNews Analysis and Commentary
Note that use of terminology in the last line from WND? “Preempt.” So, why hasn’t MHI moved to get their fine friends in the Biden White House to get their fine friends at HUD to step in and enforce federal “enhanced preemption” that was passed by Congress and signed into law by then President William “Bill” Clinton?
There is certainly an order of magnitude of difference between the Biden White House and MHI. That said, birds of a feather…
…PINO Biden. Or MHI’s MHAINO – Manufactured Housing Advocacy In Name Only.
In America, the government doesn’t have the authority to dictate what we put into our bodies against our will, and certainly not without constitutionally valid legislation. The argument for OSHA having such authority would be to claim that federal agencies have essentially unlimited power once they are created. That’s nonsense. It was precisely the desire to stop British excesses of power in the 13 colonies that was among the causes of the American Revolution.
From the Declaration of Independence:
“When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.” …
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.– That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.–Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States.”
There are any number of constitutional and legal arguments that can be made with respect to this outrageous overreach. Here are two points from the Bill of Rights.
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
Keep those Constitutional Amendments in mind.
The notion of constitutional government in the U.S. is radically different than many other governments, in say a socialist, communist, fascist, or any other authoritarian nation. Here, government is supposed to be of, by, and for the people.
- We the People have the rights.
- We the People have the political power.
- That power is delegated to local, state, or federal officials.
- Delegated powers can be rescinded.
The pushback that is occurring in airlines has been well publicized. There have been ‘blue flu’ style pushbacks too.
MHI and the Biden regime clearly are out of touch with the realities of smaller businesses, that will almost certainly be next. Reason said in an emailed headline:
“The Details of OSHA’s Vaccination Rule for Private Employees Suggest Several Ways It Could Be Vulnerable to Legal Challenges
Federal courts will have to decide whether the rule is “necessary” to protect workers from a “grave danger.”
As WND reported, “Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., introduced a bill Tuesday to abolish OSHA, saying its “existence is yet another example of the federal government creating agencies to address issues that are more appropriately handled by state governments and private employers.””
See the related reports from the industry’s runaway leader in trade media; because these are not found with MHI, nor from on our wanna be rivals, which are routinely MHI mouthpieces and surrogates.
Facts, evidence, and common sense are the basis for sound decision making. Biden said months ago there would be no mandates. Another broken promise, right? This is who MHI trusts??
The thirst for freedom is contagious, said Congressman Jim Jordan (OH-R) on Newsmax last night. “Courage is contagious.” The data from Israel and other locales suggests that Covid19 vaccination doesn’t stop the spread or transmission of the virus. Yet, they are setting up a two tiered society based on mandates? Who died and left Biden king?
The time for pushback on these outrageous violations of our God-given and constitutionally protected rights is now. ##
Next up is our business daily recap of yesterday evening’s market report, related left-right headlines, and manufactured housing connected equities.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left (CNN) – Right (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has been evolving over time, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. For instance. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ news items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 11.4.2021
- End of an era
- The Mirage hotel is seen in Las Vegas, Nevada, on August 29, 2020.
- MGM is selling Mirage casino: ‘We have enough of Las Vegas’
- America’s productivity fell faster than any point since 1981
- Gasoline prices are soaring. OPEC and Russia aren’t coming to the rescue
- America’s trade deficit jumps to a record high
- Good news for Joe Biden: Data suggest America is getting back to work
- Opinion: If the labor shortage continues, the US economy can’t recover
- Zillow bet the farm on its house-flipping business. Now it’s downsizing
- Moderna warns its Covid vaccine shipments are falling short. Stock plunges
- What the Fed winding down the party on Wall Street means for you
- Prices are going up for Jell-O, Cool Whip and Sour Patch Kids
- See this new 70s-inspired electric Ford concept truck
- ESPN Classic is shutting down next year
- Newsmax reporter’s tweets blocked for claiming Covid vaccine contains satanic marker
- Judge rules against Blue Origin in standoff with SpaceX, NASA
- US Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell testifies before the House Oversight And Government Reform Committee hearings on oversight of the Treasury Department’s and Federal Reserve’s Pandemic Response, on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, September 30, 2021.
- The era of free money is ending
- Hindu devotees light oil lamps while offering prayers during Diwali, the festival of lights, at a Hindu temple in Colombo on November 4, 2021.
- Google celebrates Diwali with Easter egg
- Adar Poonawalla, chief executive officer of Serum Institute of India Ltd., at the company's Hadapsar plant in Pune, Maharashtra, India, on Friday, Jan. 22, 2021.
- RISK TAKERS
- The Indian billionaire vaccine prince whose plans went awry
- Pfizer revenue and profits soar
- Amazon lifts mask mandate for vaccinated workers
- Citi to US staff: Get vaccinated, or you’re fired
- Facebook is having a tougher time managing vaccine misinformation than it is letting on, leaks suggest
- BUSINESS OF SPACE
- The SpaceX Crew Dragon Endeavour approaches the International Space Station on April 24, 2021 less than one day after launching from Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The SpaceX Crew-2 astronauts, Commander Shane Kimbrough and Pilot Megan McArthur with Mission Specialists Akihiko Hoshide and Thomas Pesquet, joined the Expedition 65 crew shortly after docking Harmony module’s forward-facing international docking adapter.
- SpaceX toilet issue will force astronauts to use ‘undergarments’
- Blue Origin wants to build a tourism space station
- China and India are gaining ground in the space race
- Want to go to space in a balloon? You could for $50K
- How space researchers knew that 90-year-old William Shatner didn’t have to worry about his age
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 11.4.2021
- Tax Arbiter Raises Doubts About $1.75T Biden Bill; It’s All Paid For, Dems Insist
- COVID Mandates Under Fire
- 5-Year-Olds to Be Required to Show Vax Cards in SF
- Apple to Drop Customer Mask Requirement at Many US Stores: Bloomberg
- US Mandates Vaccines or Tests for Big Companies by Jan. 4
- Marshall Slams Military for ‘Bullying’ Service Members to Get Vaccinated
- NYC Mayor-Elect Adams Vows to ‘Revisit’ Vaccine Mandate
- Job Listings Requiring Vaccination Double in October: Report
- Ford to Make Most of Its 32,000 US Salaried Employees Get Vaccinated
- Report: Senate Repubs Seek to Stop Biden’s Vaccine Mandate on Businesses
- More COVID Mandates Under Fire
- Newsmax TV
- Westerman: Fauci Should Have Quit Long Ago | video
- Meuser: Voters Got Bernie Sanders, Not Biden | video
- T. McFarland: China Could Make Its Move by March | video
- Fred Keller to Newsmax: Oversight Act Can Fight Vaccine Mandates | video
- Andrew Yang: Forward Party Makes ‘Process the Issue’ | video
- Cline: Progressive Dems Throwing Moderates ‘Under the Bus’ | video
- NJ State Sen. Testa: People Care About Policies Over Money | video
- More Newsmax TV
- AG-Elect Miyares Vows to Probe 2 Northern Va. School Sex Assault Incidents
- Virginia Attorney General-elect Jason Miyares said Thursday he intends to investigate two notorious sexual assault incidents reported in northern Virginia public schools. The vow came as Miyares and……
- Justice Dept Admits Kamala Harris Was Away From Capitol During Jan. 6 Attack
- The Department of Justice has acknowledged Vice President-elect [Full Story]
- Feds Arrest Steele Dossier Researcher
- An analyst considered the primary researcher of the Steele dossier [Full Story]
- Tax Arbiter Raises Doubts About $1.75T Biden Bill; It’s All Paid for, Dems Insist
- President Joe Biden’s $1.75 trillion social-policy and climate-change [Full Story]
- Search for Life on Other Worlds Tops Astronomy To-Do List
- A U.S. survey of astronomers puts the search for extraterrestrial [Full Story]
- Restaurants Scramble for Solutions to Restrictive COVID Mandates
- Depleted US Oil Inventories Leave Market Vulnerable to Shocks
- S. petroleum consumption has returned to pre-pandemic levels as [Full Story]
- ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Spreads From Stadium Chant to GOP Rallying Cry Despite ‘Woke’ Pushback
- Americans frustrated by President Joe Biden’s policies have united [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- New York Mayor-Elect Eric Adams Says He Will Take His First Paychecks in Bitcoin
- New York Mayor-elect Eric Adams said on Thursday that he would take [Full Story]
- Chip, Growth Stocks Send S&P 500, Nasdaq to Records as Dow Lags [Full Story]
- Putin Proclaims Ukraine’s Crimea Forever a Part of Russia
- Russian President Vladimir Putin marked the national Unity Day [Full Story]
- On Medicare? Don’t Forget to Claim Your $1,728 Social Security Cash Back
- Finance Daily
- Taylor Greene, Gohmert Demand Access to Inspect DC Jail
- Republican Reps. Louie Gohmert of Texas, and Marjorie Taylor Greene [Full Story]
- Judge Skeptical of Trump’s Effort to Protect Jan. 6 Docs
- A federal judge Thursday questioned former President Donald Trump’s [Full Story]
- Achy and Unstable Knees? Try This New Hybrid Knee Sleeve!
- Italian Nun Becomes Highest Ranking Woman in Vatican
- Pope Francis has for the first time named a woman to the number two [Full Story]
- Fauci, Sen. Paul Clash on Responsibility for COVID Pandemic
- Rand Paul, R-Ky., on Thursday said America’s top infectious [Full Story]
- Youngkin: ‘Kitchen Table Issues’ Led to Win
- Glenn Youngkin, who won Virginia’s gubernatorial election earlier [Full Story]
- Biden: $450K Payments to Migrants ‘Not Going to Happen’
- President Joe Biden on Wednesday insisted his administration was not [Full Story]
- 2 USS Oklahoma Remains From Pearl Harbor Identified
- The remains of two sailors killed at Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941 [Full Story]
- DeSantis Jokingly Refers to Biden as ‘Brandon’
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has jokingly referred to the Biden [Full Story]
- Truck Driver Edward Durr Ousts NJ Senate Leader
- New Jersey’s longtime state Senate president, Democrat Steve Sweeney, [Full Story]
- Sears Calls Out MSNBC’s Reid: ‘Get Your Facts Straight’
- Republican Winsome Sears, who won election as lieutenant governor of [Full Story]
- Republicans: Any Biden Nuclear Deal With Iran Is Meaningless
- Republican lawmakers are warning that any nuclear deal between the [Full Story]
- Meghan Markle Lobbying Senators in Push for Paid Leave
- Republican Sens. Shelley Moore Capito and Susan Collins are saying [Full Story]
- Voters Reject Political War on Police: WSJ
- Voters in cities throughout the U.S. canceled the political assault [Full Story]
- World Food Prices Hit 10-Year High in October
- World food prices rose for a third straight month in October to reach [Full Story]
- China’s Advice to Stockpile Sparks Speculation of Taiwan War
- A seemingly innocuous government recommendation for Chinese people to [Full Story]
- Merck COVID Antiviral Pill Authorized in UK
- Britain has granted a conditional authorization to Merck’s [Full Story]
- Amazon Takes Another Swipe at Union as Alabama Rematch Looms
- Earlier this year, Amazon.com Inc handily defeated a historic union [Full Story]
- Russian Navy Tracks US Ship Mount Whitney in Black Sea
- The Russian navy has started tracking a U.S. naval command vessel in [Full Story]
- One Simple Method to Keep Your Blood Sugar Below 100
- More Newsfront
- Norwegian Cruise Eyes Return to Profitability in Second Half of 2022
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd on Wednesday forecast a return to profitability in the second half of 2022, as the U.S. travel and tourism industry claws back from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic…. [Full Story]
- Airbnb Revenue Surges as Countries Open up for Vaccinated Travelers
- Treasury Yields Dive After Fed Stays Patient on Rate Hikes
- Apple to Drop Customer Mask Requirement at Many US Stores: Bloomberg
- ECB Aware of Inflation Fears But Unlikely to Raise Rates in 2022
- More Finance
- Merck COVID Antiviral Pill Authorized in UK
- Britain has granted a conditional authorization to Merck’s coronavirus antiviral, the first pill shown to successfully treat COVID-19. It is the first country to OK the treatment, although it was not immediately clear how quickly the pill would be available.The pill was…… [Full Story]
- Hepatitis B Shots Advised for All U.S. Adults Under 60
- Don’t Rely on Antibody Tests to Determine COVID-19 Immunity
- Urine Test Predicts Aggressive Prostate Cancer, Spares Surgery for Some
- COVID Widespread Among Iowa Deer
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12th year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.