A double shooting has made regional news in Southampton Township, NJ, not far from the Philadelphia, PA metro area. That report and several videos, including ariel footage, will be examined in this report below. But it is worth framing this in the context of how this reflects on the manufactured home industry in the eyes of the general public. Quotes from the public will also be part of this examination of the facts and statements surrounding this troubling case. It should also be considered in the light of former Cavco Industries (CVCO) Chairman and CEO, Joseph “Joe” Stegmayer, who is also the former Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) Chairman and still MHI “Executive Committee” Board member. Stegmayer said on a MHI branded video that in many ways manufactured housing is an “untold story.” There is some degree of insight there, but it is missing the obvious sense of irony. Why is it that what is broadly known about manufactured housing is often connected to negative “trailer park” or “trailer trash” imagery? Why is that ‘known,’ while the good news about manufactured housing largely the ‘untold story’
Stegmayer’s comment is not so different than the statement made by Terry Decio, whose family head Art Decio was such a history-making part of manufactured housing.
The tragic tale from a community that appears to have no particular ties to any major brand in the community sector. Based on the media reporting on the local, the community appears to be “Mobile Estates of Southampton Inc.” Per the MHI affiliate NJMHA.org website, they are a member of that trade group. MHProNews notes that murder/suicide incidents occur coast-to-coast in neighborhoods of all types. It seems absolutely unfair that some (see further below) use this to stereotype manufactured housing or manufactured home community living. Such tragedies occur among the wealthy, those of modest means, and perhaps more among the homeless, as this specific incident appears to be connected to, per local media.
ABC 6 said that the double shooting involved a homeless person. “I guess he was having a hard time. He was homeless and he came back apparently for revenge.” They said the incident occurred “shortly before 6 a.m. Tuesday [11.9.2021] on James Avenue and Estates Drive.” That address would appear to fit the location for the “Mobile Estates of Southampton.”
WPVI stated: “It all stemmed from them fighting and my daughter-in-law kicking him out,” said Rick Ellis Sr.
Ellis Sr. said his estranged son, Rick Ellis Jr., 42, shot a woman in the home of his ex-girlfriend and then shot himself.
Southampton Police Investigating Double Shooting At Mobile Home Park CBS Philly
2 Shot In Southampton Trailer Park, Fire Crews Involved In Crash Responding To Scene
As of 11.11.2021, these are just some of the comments posted on the YouTube page of local media.
- Jim Della Vecchia 1 day ago “Trailer park? Typical trash“
- Joseph Duckett 1 day ago “Meth deal gone wrong.”
- funkadelphiarecords 1 day ago (edited) ‘”We be fighting over our 300 pound step-sister at the trailer park every day” – Trailer Trash James“
- UtriedIt215 1 day ago “Brad and Chad fighting over their cousin Karen again“
2 Shot In Southampton Trailer Park, Firefighter Injured In Crash Near Scene
Additional Information, More MHProNews Analysis and Commentary
How does MHI deal with the subject of crime and manufactured home community living? Let’s see through the lens of Professor William P. McCarty, an independent researcher into this issue.
By contrast to MHI, and their multi-million dollar annual budget – that goes for what, exactly? – MHLivingNews features McCarty’s important study.
The facts and evidence McCarty’s report produced debunks much of what the public mistakenly believes. So why hasn’t MHI made this study, or so many other useful research reports available to the public on their own website? Is it possible that they do not want to see the industry image improve, despite their claims to desire growth that lifts all boats?
The public slurs evidenced by those posted comments on regional media YouTube comments are clearly an issue that MHI ought to be addressing. While they have postured an effort, Stegmayer’s own comments – and evidence such as the screen capture above – reflects the troubling, ironic point that MHI is wringing its hands while doing little to address the issue.
Related to this is the problem of how common the term ‘trailer,’ ‘trailer park,’ or ‘mobile home’ has become despite the fact that there have been no trailer houses built since roughly the 1950s. From the 1950s to the 1970s there were mobile homes. Starting June 15, 1976, the manufactured home era began.
So, what happened to all of those promises, promises by MHI to address these vexing issues?
Good question, isn’t it?
Why hasn’t an attorney for MHI attempted to rattle MHProNews’ cage in some time for making such published reports? Isn’t it because the facts are what they are? The truth is always a defense, right?
There is an ever growing case of MHI making years of claims and promises that they have not implemented in practice. To learn more, see the report linked below.
Stegmayer wasn’t exactly right, there are those who – like MHLivingNews and MHProNews are attempting to tell the story of manufactured housing in an authentic way that the public can relate to, based on facts and evidence. But part of the tragedy is that it is often MHI members that are the source of the ‘bad news’ reports that are giving the industry a bad reputation.
Speaking of news related to manufactured housing stocks, ICYMI, check out the report linked below.
Next up is our business daily recap of yesterday evening’s market report, related left-right headlines, and manufactured housing connected equities.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left (CNN) – Right (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has been evolving over time, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. For instance. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ news items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 11.10.2021
- Move over, bitcoin
- Representation of cryptocurrencies are seen in this illustration photo taken in Krakow, Poland on September 28, 2021.
- Ethereum is trading at record highs after soaring 560% this year
- 78% of US markets hit with double-digit home price increases
- America’s prices are surging more than they have in 30 years
- Rivian is America’s biggest IPO since Facebook
- LIVE UPDATES US stocks sink after inflation
- Credit card interest rates are near all-time highs. Here’s how to tackle your debt
- This new ETF is betting against Cathie Wood and Ark
- US oil companies are in no rush to solve Biden’s gas price problem
- Opinion: Higher gas prices and heating costs will hurt low-income families
- Americans have never been in so much debt
- CNN Poll: Three out of four adults think Facebook is making society worse
- GE changed our lives. What went wrong?
- If you use Venmo or other payment apps this IRS rule change may affect you
- Anchor Brian Williams is leaving MSNBC and NBC News
- In this image released by NASA, a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket with the company’s Crew Dragon spacecraft onboard stands upright at sunset on the launch pad at Launch Complex 39A as preparations continue for the Crew-3 mission, Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2021, at the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Fla. The rocket, bound for the International Space Station, is scheduled to launch early Sunday, Oct. 31.
- A delayed SpaceX launch is happening tonight. What you need to know
- Mariah Carey partners with McDonald’s
- Mariah Carey is giving away free McDonald’s during the holidays
- Peter Jackson at the Ringo Starr Peace & Love Birthday Worldwide Celebration held at the Capital Records Tower in Los Angeles, CA on Sunday, July 7, 2019.
- ‘Lord of the Rings’ director sells his visual effects studio for $1.6 billion
- ELON MUSK
- Elon Musk, founder of SpaceX and chief executive officer of Tesla Inc., arrives at the Axel Springer Award ceremony in Berlin, Germany, on Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020.
- Elon Musk doesn’t get paid, buy stuff or pay taxes like you do
- Taxes are the real reason Musk might sell some shares
- UN food official calls on Elon Musk to combat hunger
- Elon Musk tweets mysterious Chinese poem
- Tesla owners say they are wowed — and alarmed — by ‘full self-driving’
- In this June 18, 2021, photo, construction workers finish the exterior of an apartment building downtown Los Angeles. California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021, approved two measures to slice through local zoning ordinances as the most populous state struggles with soaring home prices, an affordable housing shortage and stubborn homelessness. Newsom also signed a bill extending a 2019 law designed to make it easier to build more housing throughout the state.
- The housing crisis will continue if Congress fails to address its root cause
- China’s tightening grip is bad news for entrepreneurs
- Classic fraud is on trial in the Elizabeth Holmes case
- 3 ways executives hold Black women back at work
- Google engineer: What my own health scare taught me about the sharing of medical data
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 11.10.2021
- Cruz Tears Into Biden on Inflation, Immigration: It’s ‘Crisis After Crisis’
- The Republican lawmaker from Texas, tweeting his disapproval of the administration’s responses on immigration and the economy, said “the American people are paying the price” for simultaneous calamities. [Full Story]
- Related Stories
- Manchin: Congress Can’t Ignore ‘Pain’ Caused by Rising Inflation
- RNC Chair McDaniel: Biden, Dems ‘Out of Touch’ With Reality of Inflation
- 2% Inflation — Biggest in Over 30 Years
- Surging Gas, Food Prices Fan Inflation & Erode Wages
- Dick Morris: Energy Price Inflation Is Biden’s Goal
- Newsmax TV
- Comer: Inflation No Surprise With Govt ‘Printing Money’ | video
- AG Hopeful Hochman: Threats on Pipeline ‘Political’ | video
- Buddy Carter: Inflation Not ‘Transitory’ and Hurts Everyone | video
- Rick Perry: Biden Trying to ‘Bring America to Its Knees’ on Oil | video
- Brooks: Infrastructure Vote by GOP a ‘Gift’ to Socialism | video
- Comer: Not Sure Why Biden Would Pay Illegals | video
- Gordon Chang: US Hasn’t Paid Attention to China’s Threats | video
- Murphy: Biden’s Push on Mandate Further ‘Overreach’ | video
- Pete Sessions: Biden, Dems Advancing Socialist Plans | video
- More Newsmax TV
- Powerful Dem Concedes to GOP Newbie, Cites ‘Red Wave’
- One of New Jersey’s most powerful elected Democrats conceded Wednesday that he lost reelection to a Republican political newcomer, a commercial truck driver who spent only a couple thousand dollars on his campaign.State Sen. President Steve Sweeney’s loss to Edward Durr in…… [Full Story]
- Virginia Parents Petition to Have School Board Members Removed
- A group of Virginia parents in Loudoun County, called Fight For [Full Story]
- Rittenhouse Breaks Down in Tears on Stand; Defense Seeks Mistrial
- Teenage murder defendant Kyle Rittenhouse testified in his Wisconsin [Full Story]
- Ending Daylight Saving Not on Horizon Anytime Soon
- Loss of sleep, depression, and traffic accidents may be some of the [Full Story]
- Durham Arrest Highlights Role of Fiona Hill in Another Anti-Trump Debacle
- Fiona Hill, the veteran foreign affairs adviser and a key witness in [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Army SSGT Travis Mills: Thank the Veterans
- After all, these great United States are not nearly as great without [Full Story]
- SPONSOR: If you have chronic knee or joint pain, you need to read this
- NY Times Hires Anti-Israel Jerusalem Reporter
- The New York Times is being denounced for hiring an anti-Israeli [Full Story]
- US Sues Uber Over Alleged Disability Discrimination
- The U.S. Justice Department on Wednesday sued ride-sharing service [Full Story]
- The 13 House Republicans Who Handed Biden His Infrastructure Win
- With Democrats in disarray and President Joe Biden’s $1.2 trillion [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- NJ Senate President Concedes to Newcomer, Cites ‘Red Wave’
- New Jersey Senate President Steve Sweeney, one of the most powerful [Full Story]
- Peter Navarro’s Shocking White House Memoir, ‘In Trump Time’ – Now Here!
- CNN Poll: 3 in 4 Americans Say Facebook Makes Society Worse
- Most Americans think that Facebook has a negative effect on society, [Full Story]
- Transcripts, Exhibits in Cuomo Sexual Harassment Probe Released
- New York Attorney General Letitia James on Wednesday released [Full Story]
- Texas Gov. Abbott Calls for Probe Into ‘Availability of Pornography’ in Schools
- Greg Abbott, R-Texas, has called for an investigation into [Full Story]
- FuboTV Passes 1 Million Subscriber Milestone
- Online streaming service FuboTV, which carries Newsmax, has announced [Full Story]
- Poll: Backing for Biden Vaccine Mandate on Large Firms Drops
- Backing for President Joe Biden’s vaccine mandate on companies with [Full Story]
- Top Fashion Designer Tom Ford: Cancel Culture Inhibits Design
- Tom Ford has joined dozens of other prominent figures in speaking out [Full Story]
- School Board, Police Coordinated to Monitor, Arrest Unmasked Parents
- A local Arizona school board coordinated with the Chandler Police [Full Story]
- Trump’s Highway Sign on NYC’s Henry Hudson Parkway Being Removed
- A highway sign bearing former President Donald Trump’s name on a [Full Story]
- Blakeman: Confirm Gigi Sohn to the FCC
- Gigi is a liberal progressive; I am a proud conservative. She voted [Full Story]
- RNC Chair McDaniel: Biden, Dems ‘Out of Touch’ With Reality of Inflation
- With consumer and producer prices skyrocketing with the highest [Full Story]
- Jordan Seeks to Force AG to Rescind ‘Terrorist’ Parent Memo
- Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, the top Republican on the House Judiciary [Full Story]
- Jobless Claims Drop to Pandemic Low of 267,000
- The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits fell to a [Full Story]
- Consumer Prices Soared 6.2 Percent in Past Year, Most Since 1990
- Prices for U.S. consumers jumped 6.2% in October compared with a year [Full Story]
- Trump Slams Republicans Who Supported Biden Bill During Party Dinner
- Former President Donald Trump is coming down hard on the 13 [Full Story]
- Issa: Google, YouTube ‘Censored Me,’ Is Silencing Conservatives
- Darrell Issa is slamming YouTube and its parent company, Google, [Full Story]
- Google Loses Appeal of $2.8B EU Antitrust Ruling
- Alphabet Inc. unit Google lost an appeal to a 2.42-billion-euro [Full Story]
- 9 Governors Press Lawmakers to Pass Semiconductor Funding Bill
- A bipartisan group of governors from nine states sent a letter on [Full Story]
- Prince Harry Says He Warned Twitter CEO of Jan. 6 Danger
- Britain’s Prince Harry said he warned the chief executive of Twitter [Full Story]
- Howard Stern Floating Presidential Run in 2024?
- Radio shock jock Howard Stern on Tuesday floated a potential 2024 [Full Story]
- Kansas Legislators Push to Protect Workers Who Refuse Vaccine
- Kansas state legislators are attempting to reconvene for a special [Full Story]
- Pelosi Agrees That US Military Pollutes More Than 140 Countries Combined
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., agreed Tuesday that the U.S. [Full Story]
- More Newsfront
- US Consumer Prices Soared 6.2 Percent in past Year, Most since 1990
- Prices for U.S. consumers jumped 6.2% in October compared with a year earlier as surging costs for food, gas and housing left Americans grappling with the highest inflation rate since 1990…. [Full Story]
- US and China Unveil Deal to Cut Methane Emissions, Phase Out Coal
- Hot Inflation Report Slams Bond Market, Sends Stocks Lower
- US Budget Deficit Eases to $165B in October, Down 42 Percent
- 6 Funding Options for Long-Term Care Costs
- More Finance
- Experts: COVID-19 Pills No Substitute for Vaccines
- Oral antiviral pills from Merck & Co and Pfizer Inc have been shown to blunt the worst outcomes of COVID-19 if taken early enough, but doctors warn vaccine hesitant people not to confuse the benefit of the treatments with prevention afforded by vaccines…. [Full Story]
- Strong Start to Kids Vaccine Campaign, but Challenges Loom
- Running, Other Exercise Does Not Raise Risk for Arthritic Knees
- Expectations Influence Antidepressant’s Effectiveness Against Anxiety: Study
- Estrogen May Protect Women’s Brains From Alzheimer’s
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12th year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.