That’s based on the following that Quote Investigator said was penned by dictionary maker Samuel Johnson in 1748. “The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.”
There are those who could be confronted with a mountain of evidence, but who would refuse to look at it for a variety of reasons. News, fact checks, and analysis exists for those who are objective enough to look at the facts and can think independently, even if it means changing a previously held view.
“Facebook announced on Wednesday they will be “reducing” the spread of the new New York Post story about Hunter Biden, which claims new emails and photos shed light on his foreign business dealings, as it undergoes a review by “third-party fact checking partners.” So said right-of-center Townhall earlier today.
While I will intentionally not link to the New York Post, I want be clear that this story is eligible to be fact checked by Facebook’s third-party fact checking partners. In the meantime, we are reducing its distribution on our platform.
— Andy Stone (@andymstone) October 14, 2020
Townhall continued, “The announcement was made by Andy Stone, who currently works as Policy Communications Manager for Facebook. In his tweet, he made it a point to not link to the Post’s story, adding, “I want be clear that this story is eligible to be fact checked by Facebook’s third-party fact checking partners. In the meantime, we are reducing its distribution on our platform.”
Millions ‘get’ their news from Facebook and Twitter. Right-of-center Breitbart, Townhall, and others are accusing those social media giants of ‘election tampering.’
American are racing toward a deadline with history on November 3, 2020. Shut Down DC is one of scores of leftist groups preparing for an “uprising” on and after November 3, and evidence reflects they were funded by “philanthropists” billionaire Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and George Soros.
Also 2020 election related is this exchange with left-of-center CNN and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (CA-D).
This is such a disgusting display by Pelosi who denigrates @wolfblitzer for pushing her on why exactly she won’t do a deal w/ The White House on stimulus
Props to Wolf for speaking up for the millions of unemployed, the hungry, and those on the brink pic.twitter.com/FKAUDVXGkW
— Saagar Enjeti (@esaagar) October 13, 2020
Sources indicate that there is increasing pressure on Pelosi from Democrats to make the deal with the Trump administration, for the sake of millions of Americans who need the relief.
That noted, let’s pivot back toward the headline story, which will be our featured focus tonight. As usual, the featured focus follows tonight’s quotable quotes, left-right headlines, and two of our three market snapshot graphics at the closing bell today. The final market graphic that summarizes over a dozen manufactured housing industry connected stocks at the closing bell follow the featured focus, recent and related report links.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues..
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- The world is waiting
- A health worker wearing a protective mask works in a lab during clinical trials for a Covid-19 vaccine at Research Centers of America in Hollywood, Florida, U.S., on Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020. Drugmakers racing to produce Covid-19 vaccines pledged to avoid shortcuts on science as they face pressure to rush a shot to market.
- But don’t buy the stock market hype around coronavirus vaccine and treatment companies
- Elizabeth Warren slams Disney for layoffs and fat executive pay packages
- LIVE UPDATES Stocks slide
- Who cares about credit ratings? Italy can borrow money for free
- Justin Bieber’s footwear collaboration overwhelms site
- MISINFORMATION WATCH Facebook will stop allowing anti-vaccine ads
- The alarming reason people aren’t going to drug stores as often
- How Walmart is trying to avoid Black Friday crowds this year
- Plexiglass shields are everywhere. Do they help?
- Solar power could be ‘the new king’ as global electricity demand grows
- Forget silicon. This material could be a game-changer for solar power
- This food delivery company doubled sales in Canada. Next up is the US
- How investigators found a jet engine under Greenland’s ice sheet
- Why NBC is getting lots of grief about its Trump town hall
- Fox News portrayed it as one of the biggest scandals in American history. Then it fell apart
- In this image from video made available by Blue Origin, the New Shepard rocket lifts off from its launchpad in Texas, to test new lunar-landing technology for NASA that could help put astronauts back on the moon by 2024.
- Jeff Bezos’ rocket company launches first test of its tourism spaceship in a year
- A person uses a laptop computer while working from home in an arranged photograph taken in Tiskilwa, Illinois, U.S., on Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020. Coronavirus cases in the U.S. increased 0.4% as compared with the same time Monday to 6.32 million, according to data collected by Johns Hopkins University and Bloomberg News.
- It’s open enrollment season. Here’s what you should do differently this year
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit
- Soon you can drive a real-life Mario Kart around your home using the Nintendo Switch
- BANK EARNINGS SEASON
- Jamie Dimon, chief executive officer of JPMorgan Chase & Co., poses for a photograph on the sidelines of the JP Morgan Global China Summit in Beijing, China, on Wednesday, May 8, 2019. Dimon put the odds of the U.S. and China reaching a trade deal at 80 percent, sounding a note of optimism even after the rising specter of tariffs roiled global markets.
- Jamie Dimon: Double dip recession would cause ‘pain and suffering’
- JPMorgan unexpectedly grows bottom line
- Wells Fargo is still in turmoil as profits plunge
- Goldman Sachs posts big jump in profits
- BlackRock gets even bigger during the pandemic
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook & Twitter reduce distribution of NY Post Hunter Biden story
- Social media site says it will rely on its fact-checking partners to determine the story’s legitimacy
- Joe Biden’s alleged links to Burisma ‘as damaging as can be,’ Giuliani says
- LIVE UPDATES: ACB faces another round of fiery questioning on Day 3 of hearings
- WATCH LIVE: Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court confirmation hearing
- Stocks tumble for second day as stimulus hopes fade
- Pelosi says Trump wants more stimulus checks just to boost election odds
- Pelosi spurns Trump’s $1.8T stimulus offer in contentious interview with CNN’s Blitzer
- Tax-addicted progressives are set on crushing big city’s once-booming economy
- Georgia Democrat Vernon Jones rips Kamala Harris as ‘dangerous’
- POWER HUNGRY
- Dem says Kamala Harris is ‘dangerous’ for minority community
- STIMULUS STALLED
- Are Dems afraid a stimulus bill would boost Trump in the polls?
- TRUMP BUMP
- Trump teases ‘big middle-income tax cut,’ reduced rates for businesses
- CONFLICT CONCERNS
- NBC News in spotlight over staffer’s appearance in Chase promos
- HEY BUD, LET’S PARTY
- Los Angeles home featured in classic 80’s film on sale for $740G
- BETTER HAVE MY MONEY
- From sexiest woman alive to this latest title, Rihanna joins another list
- PLACING BETS
- Wall Street rolls the dice on Joe Biden-Kamala Harris ticket
- SCAM ARTISTS
- How this Indiana couple says they stole over $1 million from Amazon
- PIECE OF ROCK ‘N’ ROLL HISTORY
- Eddie Van Halen’s guitar patent up for auction
- Nearly 40% of Americans plan to reduce cell phone costs, citing coronavirus
- Uber, GE partner on aerial ride-sharing program in bid to reimagine post-pandemic aviation industry
- Amazon adds augmented reality experience to boxes
- Encore at Wynn Las Vegas scaling back to 5-day/4-night schedule as tourism remains low
- FDA faults quality control at Lilly plant making Trump-touted COVID drug
- Luxury real estate sales continue to surge during pandemic
- Why Ted Cruz singled Google out as the ‘the worst’ of major tech companies
- Airline pivots from Atlantic flights to athleisure clothing
- World’s largest furniture retailer launches ‘Buy Back’ program
- Tens of thousands brace for potential blackouts as officials prep for wildfire
- New iPhone lineup unveiled, featuring fresh design and 5G connectivity
- REAL ESTATE
- New kids on the block: Florida’s age-restricted The Villages looks to attract younger residents
- Wells Fargo swings to profit as coronavirus blow softens
- Goldman Sachs rides trading, dealmaking to record earnings
- To think CNN is ‘in the pocket’ of Trump is ‘insane,’ Sean Spicer says
- REAL ESTATE
- Exodus leads to massive rent declines in expensive cities
- Netflix making big change to free trial policy
- Walmart extends Black Friday sales as spending habits change: What to know
- Ford moves Escape SUV production to next year
- FOX Business enhances portfolio tracker, real-time market data
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
What right-of-center Fox News said tonight on Special Report is that the computer that had the bombshell emails, texts, and photos that are purportedly those of Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden with a Ukrainian with controversial Burisma has been in the FBI’s hands since December 2019.
Some messages reportedly from that laptop seem to point to influence peddling by Hunter leveraging his father Joe, then Obama’s vice president with charge of the Ukraine for the Obama White House.
What Fox didn’t mention is the context of that timeframe when the laptop was turned over to the FBI. It was during the Democratic impeachment of President Trump for a phone call the commander in chief called “perfect” and the transcript of the call with Ukraine’s president being rapidly released by the White House at that time. The benign transcript didn’t change Democrats minds.
Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon discusses new updates on Hunter Biden and Joe Biden’s potential ties to the Ukraine.
The bombshell ‘October Surprise” 10.14.2020 New York Post story ended with this.
Last December, Joe Biden also lashed out during a Democratic primary town hall event in Iowa, where a man accused him of sending Hunter to Ukraine “to get a job and work for a gas company, he had no experience with gas or nothing, in order to get access to . . . the president.”
“You’re a damn liar, man. That’s not true and no one has ever said that,” Biden fumed.
Biden then continued berating the man as he stepped forward, called the man “fat” and challenged him to “do push-ups together, man.”
The FBI referred questions about its seizure of the laptop and hard drive to the Delaware US Attorney’s Office, where a spokesperson said, “My office can neither confirm nor deny the existence of an investigation.”
Hunter Biden’s lawyer refused to comment on the specifics but instead attacked Giuliani.
“He has been pushing widely discredited conspiracy theories about the Biden family, openly relying on actors tied to Russian intelligence,” the lawyer, George R. Mesires, said of Giuliani.
Pozharskyi and the Joe Biden campaign did not return requests for comment. Hochstein could not be reached.”
Townhall and Breitbart are among those who say that social media giants are de facto interfering with the election by restricting access to this story. Early voting is underway. Would Biden have a chance if there were straight reporting, instead of a high degree of spin and agenda driven mainstream media?
See the related reports.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.