During an affordable housing crisis, perhaps it is no surprise that HUD Code manufactured homes are continuing to buck the national trends that are causing conventional housing to slide as interest rates and other costs rise. The manufactured home industry’s latest national statistics on production and the top states for new manufactured home shipments are provided by the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR). Their report is posted below. Also found herein will be additional related information, plus our Daily Business News on MHProNews manufactured home REITs and manufactured housing connected equities graphical and left-right headlines update.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: MHARR
HIGHER HUD CODE PRODUCTION IN JULY 2022
Washington, D.C., September 6, 2022 – The Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR) reports that according to official statistics compiled on behalf of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), HUD Code manufactured housing industry year-over-year production increased in July 2022. Just-released statistics indicate that HUD Code manufacturers produced 8,050 homes in July 2022, a 6.4% increase over the 7,564 new HUD Code homes produced during July 2021. Cumulative production for 2022 now totals 69,709 homes, a 13.6% increase over the 61,323 homes produced during the same period in 2021.
A further analysis of the official industry statistics shows that the top ten shipment states from the beginning of the industry production rebound in August 2011 through July 2022 — with cumulative, monthly, current year (2022) and prior year (2021) shipments per category as indicated — are:
The July 2022 data results in no changes to the cumulative top-ten shipment list.
The Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform is a Washington, D.C.-based national trade association representing the views and interests of independent producers of federally-regulated manufactured housing. ##
Additional Information with More MHProNews Analysis and Commentary in Brief
The good news from the manufactured housing professional perspective is that while new single family housing starts have slowed and existing home resales have fallen, new manufactured homes have continued their upward climb.
Despite the relatively good news on the production front, MHARR leaders have continued to sound the alarm about existing and looming roadblocks that could slow, stop, or even reverse the trend of manufactured home production growth.
The Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) has also sounded the klaxon, only they have opted to provide a ‘solution’ that when carefully examined is no solution at all.
The former MHI VP quoted at length below provided details of what is effectively sabotage of the industry from within.
Manufactured Housing Institute Leaders-Lawyers Asked About Explosive Allegations by Nonprofit Veteran on High Profile MH Industry Threat; Exclusive Q&A Claims Downturn Less Than 1 Year Away if MHI Fails
If the evidence above enough isn’t sufficient for some then the research by two outsiders looking into MHVille’s woes combined with that evidence should be.
That said, Texas is the number one producing state in the U.S. It is also number one for shipments.
On the production side, note the pattern for the last few months since April of 2022. The data is per IBTS collected on behalf of HUD, so these are official figures.
Additionally, the most recent Cavco Industries and Skyline Champion quarterly earnings calls indicated that demand lost on the retail side has been made up on the communities’ side of the wholesale channels.
Restated, there are apparent disconnects in the claims being made. How innocent or serious those data points and claims may be is yet to be determined. But don’t forget that when the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) declared “momentum” in the last few months of 2018, the manufactured home industry went into a modest downturn.
Growth in production for MHVille wasn’t achieved until the post-COVID19 pandemic was declared and the demand for single family housing initially soared, until interest rates began to rise in 2022. It had essentially nothing to do with the CrossMods fiasco.
MHProNews will continue to monitor and report as warranted.
Daily Business News Markets Segment
NOTICE: Based on feedback, a modification of our Daily Business News on MHProNews recap of yesterday evening’s market report is provided. It will still include our left (CNN Business) and right (Newsmax) ‘market moving’ headlines. The macro market moves graphics will provide context and comparisons for those invested in or tracking manufactured housing connected equities.
Reminder: several of the graphics on MHProNews can be opened into a larger size. Click the image and follow the prompts in your browser or device to OPEN In a New Window. Then, in several browsers/devices you can click the image and increase the size. Use the escape or back key to return.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 9.6.2022
- iPhone 14 pop
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro smartphones inside a shopping bag at an Apple store in New York, U.S., on Friday, Sept. 24, 2021.
- Will expectations for strong sales be enough to turn Apple’s stock from red to green?
What to expect at Apple’s ‘far out’ iPhone 14 event
- Dealmaking hasn’t totally dried up. Here’s what’s still getting through
- Bed Bath & Beyond shares are down sharply after CFO jumps to his death
- CVS is making a big bet on house calls
- The problem that should be keeping Liz Truss awake at night
- Porsche plans blockbuster IPO in the coming weeks
- Trump SPAC faces looming deadline to keep deal alive
- ADT gets a big boost from State Farm and Google deal
- Opinion: Americans should be able to marry whoever they choose. But some senators don’t support protecting that right
- McDonald’s is adding a new treat for fall
- These Tesla owners are going to great lengths to get Elon Musk’s attention
- Workers enter Citigroup headquarters in New York, US, on Thursday, Aug. 4, 2022.
- The battle to get workers back to the office is heating up
- Traffic backs up at the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge toll plaza on August 24, 2022 in Oakland, California.
- How California ended up in the zero-emissions driver’s seat
- A staff member walks past pipelines in the gas-distributing and compressing station of the China-Russia east-route natural gas pipeline in the city of Heihe, the first stop after the Russia-supplied natural gas enters China, northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, Nov. 19, 2019. The China-Russia east-route natural gas pipeline was put into operation on Monday. The pipeline is scheduled to provide China with 5 billion cubic meters of Russian gas in 2020 and the amount is expected to increase to 38 billion cubic meters annually from 2024, under a 30-year contract worth 400 billion U.S. dollars signed between the China National Petroleum Corp (CNPC) and Russian gas giant Gazprom in May 2014. The cross-border gas pipeline has a 3,000-km section in Russia and a 5,111-km stretch in China.
- Russia says China will start paying for gas in rubles and yuan instead of dollars
- JOB MARKET
- A “help wanted” sign is displayed in a Manhattan store on May 06, 2022 in New York City.
- Why the unemployment rate rising is good news
- Pace of hiring slowed but the job market is still strong
- Opinion: This is what will prevent stagflation
- The job market is ‘like an inferno’
- Jobless claims fall to lowest level in two months
- BED BATH & BEYOND
- Gustavo Arnal, the Chief Financial Officer of Bed Bath & Beyond
- Bed Bath & Beyond exec jumped to his death, source tells CNN
- Bed Bath & Beyond reacts to CFO’s death
- Bed Bath & Beyond makes an effort to save itself
- Bed Bath & Beyond’s 90s beauty isn’t for the internet age
- The twist no one saw coming for Bed Bath & Beyond
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax 9.6.2022
- Poll: Biden Speech ‘Dangerous Escalation,’ Majority Says
- President Joe Biden’s speech in Philadelphia on Thursday in which he lambasted MAGA Americans dozens of times as undemocratic and extreme has stirred such controversy that 56.8% of voters now think it represents a dangerous escalation in rhetoric and designed to incite conflict among Americans. [Full Story]
- Raid on Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
Trump Attorney Habba: ‘Impressed’ With Special-Master Ruling | video
- Trump: Latest Witch Hunt ‘Will Fail Miserably’ Like Others
- Reschenthaler: FBI’s Trump Raid ‘Never About Justice’ | video
- Cline: Special Master ‘Appropriate’ in Trump Raid Investigation | video
- Trump Slams FBI Raiding Son’s ‘Living Quarters,’ Hunter Biden Double Standard
- Judge Grants Trump’s Special Master Request for Raid Documents
- Newsmax TV
- Bernard Kerik: Black, Latino Communities ‘Want More Police’ | video
- Donalds: Americans Rejecting Biden’s ‘Failed’ Agenda | video
- Brian Andersson to Newsmax: Labor Day Mass Shootings ‘Distressing’ | video
- Biggs: Biden Speech Backpedal ‘Phony’ | video
- John Browne: New British PM ‘Like’ Margaret Thatcher | video
- Van Drew: Calif., N.J. Power Grids ‘Not Up to Par’ for Electric Cars | video
- Andrew Neil: Putin ‘Desperate’ in Cutting Gas | video
- Pittsburgh Newspaper: ‘Concerns’ Over Fetterman’s Fitness for Senate
- Due to a lack of debates between U.S. Senate candidates, Republican Dr. Mehmet Oz, and Democratic Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, who is recovering from a May stroke, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Editorial Board said Tuesday it “has serious concerns” about his ability to serve…. [Full Story]
- Related Stories
- Fetterman Appointed Cop Killer Ally to Pennsylvania’s Board of Pardons
Stocks Drift Lower, Extending Losses Into 4th Straight Week
- Stocks drifted lower on Wall Street, extending the market’s losses [Full Story]
- Biden Vows to Work Closely With Britain’s Liz Truss on Russia
- President Joe Biden offered congratulations on Tuesday to Liz Truss, [Full Story]
- Andrew Neil to Newsmax: Putin ‘Desperate’ in Cutting Gas |video
- Gazprom: Nord Stream 1 Resumption Depends on Siemens Energy
- Russia Cuts Off Gas to Europe Until Sanctions Lifted
- Biden’s Final Decision: Russia Not State Sponsor of Terrorism
- UN Agency Calls for Safety Zone Around Ukraine Nuclear Plant
- Former Defense Leaders Warn of Deteriorating Civil-Military Relations
- A group of former Defense secretaries and former Joint Chiefs of [Full Story]
- After Trump Praise, ‘Return’ Soars on Bestseller Lists
- Dick Morris’ new book, “The Return: Trump’s Big 2024 Comeback,” [Full Story]
- ‘Problematic’ Outcomes as Trans Politics Impacts Research
- New medical research and studies into transgender issues are [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Majority of US Workers ‘Out to Lunch’
- Working From Home, The Great Resignation and now, Quiet Quitting. [Full Story]
- Trump, Zelenskyy, Marin: Effective Outsiders Under Constant Attack
- Voters’ desire to elect politicians who break the mold of what a [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Trump Rips Fox News for ‘Pushing’ a ‘Democrat Agenda’
- Former President Donald Trump continued his rebuke of Fox News, [Full Story]
- Trump Urges You to Read ‘The Return’: ‘Fantastic Analysis’
- New Omicron Booster Shots Widely Available in US This Week
- New COVID-19 boosters aimed at fighting currently circulating [Full Story]
- Rents Starting to Come Down, But Trend May Not Hold
- Rents are starting to come down after spiking to record levels this [Full Story]
- How Jane Fonda is Being Treated for Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- On Friday, two-time Academy Award winner Jane Fonda announced on [Full Story]
- New High-Resolution Footage of the Titanic Wreck Reveals Details
- Novel footage of the Titanic in 8K was released on YouTube, [Full Story]
- Biden Administration Opens Door for One Million Migrants
- Most of the rooms at a Howard Johnson hotel in South Portland, Maine, [Full Story]
- Juul to Pay Nearly $440M to Settle States’ Teen Vaping Probe
- Electronic cigarette maker Juul Labs will pay nearly $440 million to [Full Story]
- Elon Musk Slams Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ Series
- Elon Musk has taken issue with Amazon Prime Video’s “The Lord of the [Full Story]
- Abducted Memphis Heiress Found Dead; Suspect Charged With Murder
- Police in Tennessee said Tuesday that a body found during an [Full Story]
- Pelosi’s Office Denies Speaker’s Interest in Ambassadorship to Italy
- Nancy Pelosi’s office denied the speaker wants to become U.S. [Full Story]
- Trump: ‘Latest Witch Hunt’ Against Me ‘Will Fail Miserably’ Like Others
- Former President Donald Trump said Tuesday the latest witch hunt and [Full Story]
- Liz Truss Becomes Britain’s New Prime Minister
- Liz Truss became U.K. prime minister on Tuesday and immediately [Full Story]
- Biden Admin Making $3.9 Billion Gamble on Vaccine For Monkeypox
- The Biden administration is hoping – potentially to the tune of $3.9 [Full Story]
- COS Trafalgar Poll: Biden Speech Major Escalation, Majority Says
- President Joe Biden’s speech in Philadelphia on Thursdayin which he [Full Story]
- White House: US COVID-19 Vaccines to Remain Free
- COVID-19 vaccines will remain available at no cost in the United [Full Story]
- US Veteran: Russia’s Army Will ‘Continue to Weaken’
- As it confronts the Ukrainian counteroffensive, a U.S. Army veteran [Full Story]
- Video Report: Ukraine Launching Counteroffensive to Reclaim Territory
- Ukraine is launching a counteroffensive to regain territory captured [Full Story] | video
- Burr to Miss Votes Due to Surgery
- Richard Burr, R-N.C., announced this week that he will take a [Full Story]
- Video Report: Iran Planning to Execute LGBT Activists
- Iran plans to execute LGBTQ activists as President Joe Biden seeks a [Full Story] | video
- Fetterman Appointed Cop Killer Ally to Pennsylvania’s Board of Pardons
- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, the Democrat candidate for U.S. [Full Story]
- Poll: SCOTUS Favorability Drops to Record Low After Roe Ruling
- A new survey from the Pew Research Center’s American Trends Panel [Full Story]
- Govt Funding, Gay Marriage in Focus as US Congress Returns From Break
- The U.S. Congress needs to pass a stop-gap bill to keep the federal [Full Story]
- Florida Teen’s Song on First Amendment Hits Music Chart High
- A Florida teenager’s song lauding the First Amendment ranked the [Full Story]
- Rents are starting to come down after spiking to record levels this past summer, but experts are uncertain if the slowdown will continue…. [Full Story]
- iPhone 14 to Be Star of Apple’s ‘Far Out’ Event
- Britain’s New PM Truss Vows to Ride out Economic Storm
- Banks Bid Pandemic Farewell, as Staff Return to Desks
- Meta Sets Oct. 11 for Connect Event, Teases New VR Headset Release
- New Omicron Booster Shots Widely Available in US This Week
- New COVID-19 boosters aimed at fighting currently circulating variants of the coronavirus will be widely available this week, U.S. health officials said on Tuesday, adding that the vaccine is moving closer to an annual jab, as with flu shots. By the end of this week, 90% of…… [Full Story]
- Study: People Who Snore at Greater Risk for Cancer
- Pediatricians Urge Flu Shots for Kids As Flu Cases Expected to Rise
- Managing Depression After Low Serotonin Theory Debunked
- Economist-YouGov Poll: 3 in 10 Americans Did Not Get COVID-19 Vaccine
- NOTE 1: The 3rd chart above includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE 2: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE 3: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
- Note 4: some recent or related reports to the equities named above follow.
Manufactured Home Communities (a.k.a. ‘Mobile Home Parks’ – SIC) – Exploring UMH Properties; Fellow Manufactured Housing Institute Member Yes! Communities Suits and Settlements; plus MH Markets Updates
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.