Neither the big picture nor the finer details that influence our profession should be overlooked. Last Sunday’s postscript examined the significance of the terms DINOs, RINOs, JINOs, CINOs, and MHINOs. With that in mind, the following by author Patricia McCarthy entitled, “It Can’t Happen Here? It IS Happening Here!” was brought to the attention of MHProNews, and American Thinker provided their authorization to reproduce McCarthy’s article. “It Can’t Happen Here? It IS Happening Here!” hits several hot topics neatly wrapped up in a single article originally published on July 28, 2021. The Google, Bing, and the Duck Duck Go search engines each report numerous mentions of this specific article by McCarthy online. McCarthy’s insights are reproduced in full below, and will be followed by additional related information, an MHProNews commentary in brief, and then the macro and manufactured housing market snapshot for 7.30.2021.
Sinclair Lewis’s novel of 1935, It Can’t Happen Here, was published amid the rise of fascism in Europe. The book is about the political career of fictional Buzz Windrip, who is elected president in 1936, defeating FDR with a campaign promising a return to traditional values and drastic social and economic reforms (he promises every American $5K). Once elected, he becomes a totalitarian tyrant, complete with his own paramilitary force called the Minute Men!
Windrip is Lewis’s version of an American Hitler and/or Mussolini. But consider the parallels with the current occupant of the Oval Office. Windrip outlaws dissent (consider the Biden administration’s partnership with Big Tech to censor opposing opinions). He, Windrip, imprisons his critics just as Biden has jailed anyone present at the Capitol on January 6. Biden has his own Minute Men, the FBI, as well as a couple of other paramilitary groups in service of his agenda — Antifa and BLM. They are his shock troops, who, like Windrip’s thugs, terrorize his opponents, freedom-loving, independent thinking Americans.
Like Biden, Buzz Windrip abrogated the rights of civilians and divided the nation into “administrative sectors” to be managed by federal “Corpo” authorities and enforced by his Minute Men. Pelosi is now installing branches of the Capitol Police throughout the country to seek out perceived threats to members of Congress. The similarities to Lewis’s two-dimensional dictator and the Biden regime are chilling.
As in the novel, opponents of the Obama/Biden regime have been found guilty until proven innocent of un-committed crimes, from Gen. Michael Flynn to Roger Stone to anyone who worked for Trump to the 1/6 protesters, by corrupt judges in kangaroo courts whipped up by a manic, historically ignorant media establishment whose members loathe anyone or anything remotely conservative or constitutional. Viciously opposed to Donald Trump, the mainstream media covered for the massive crimes against the nation that were occurring from the day Trump became the Republican presidential candidate. The left invented the Russia collusion narrative out of thin air. It was pursued as legitimate by the FBI, the DOJ, the CIA, and our despicable journalist class. All of them likely knew it was false from the outset, but they all colluded to damage a president who actually meant to represent the people, not just the ruling elite. The swamp, left and right, was threatened and fought back with the ferocity of a cornered animal. With the 2020 election, they think they’ve won, but have they?
This quote from Lewis’s book perfectly describes Joe Biden:
The Senator was vulgar, almost illiterate, a public liar easily detected, and in his “ideas” almost idiotic, while his celebrated piety was that of a traveling salesman for church furniture, and his yet more celebrated humor the sly cynicism of a country store. Certainly there was nothing exhilarating in the actual words of his speeches, nor anything convincing in his philosophy. His political platforms were only wings of a windmill.
Indeed. Biden cannot utter a coherent sentence. He is the face of a corrupt band of radicals who, along with Obama, vowed to “transform America.” He was fraudulently installed and has little actual personal support. The Trump presidency rendered the left well and truly deranged, without any moral compunction going forward. The man and his supporters had to be destroyed just as Lewis’s Buzz Windrip’s opponents had to be ruined.
The protagonist in Sinclair’s novel is a journalist, Doremus Jessup, who founds an organization to fight Windrip’s destructive policies. He founds a newspaper and publishes accounts of Windrip’s abuses. Jessup’s counterparts in our alternative media are the champions of truth, and there are more and more of them every day. Big Tech tries to silence them, but they are proliferating faster than they can censor them. The massive, lifelong corruption of the Biden family is now a known fact. The depravity of Biden’s son Hunter has been revealed. The corruption at the DOJ and FBI is being exposed. It was the FBI that set up the fake kidnapping attempt of Gretchen Whitmer and perhaps even had a hand in orchestrating the event of January 6. The truth will out.
The radical Democrat media of today ignore the crimes and abuses of power by leftists, but the Doremus Jessups of 2021 America do not. The truth is out there despite the suppression tactics of this administration, its handmaidens in the media, and Big Tech. Like the villain of the novel, Biden has incarcerated hundreds of nonviolent people who were present at the Capitol on 1/6. The DOJ calls them “enemies of the state,” their protest an insurrection.
But not one of them was armed; none has been charged with insurrection. They are being held without bail while the hundreds of rioters/looters/arsonists of the summer of 2020 are free as birds. This is the stuff of communist China, the Soviet Union, Venezuela, and Castro’s Cuba. Sinclair Lewis, like Orwell and Huxley, knew of what he wrote. Tyrants are with us always, and when they get power, they are lethal. “Tyranny is always better organized than freedom.” —Charles Peguy
All of this brings us to the panic porn that is the COVID pandemic and this administration’s doubling down on despotism. It has become increasingly clear that the COVID virus was indeed engineered in the lab in Wuhan under the gain-of-function auspices of the monstrous Anthony Fauci, seemingly the most powerful man on the planet. He has long supported gain-of-function research that makes an animal virus transmissible to humans; he had and has the authority to fund such experiments and did, even after the Obama administration banned it.
Was it released purposefully? Time will tell. Fauci and his pals have long wanted to test their experimental vaccines on humans. But this flu was killing mostly the elderly and/or those suffering from co-morbidities; Fauci and his cohorts likely knew that HCQ and ivermectin could and would both prevent and treat the illness. But those drugs were off-patent; Fauci and his partners in crime would not be able to enrich themselves. Those tried and true therapeutics had to be suppressed, even feared. Doctors could not be allowed to prescribe them. This would be a good time to implement their global reset and make nine new billionaires in Big Pharma. In the words of Hayek, “Emergencies have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.”
The left has adopted, embraced, actually, Orwell’s newspeak of 1984. Leftists have redefined the meaning of the words crime and punishment. Antifa and BLM looters, rioters, and arsonists are not criminals, while, in their world, human beings born white are criminals by virtue of the color of their skin. How obscenely obvious is it that this is the left’s plan to further divide this country, to “otherize” (one of their many absurd euphemisms) those who have had the impertinence to be born white (or choose to be unvaccinated)? We all get it; it’s all about payback for slavery even though nearly 700K American lives were lost fighting to end that evil institution that the Democrats fought so hard to preserve. To this day, the Democrat party is the party of racism, Joe Biden being one of the most egregious exemplars. Watch his attempted humiliation of Clarence Thomas at his confirmation hearings. Biden is a thug, and as obvious a racist as we are likely to ever see in public, then or now.
A thinly disguised version of Lewis’s novel appeared in 1983 as a television series, V. This time, the fascist takeover of America was by alien invaders. Earlier scripts based on the book were considered “too cerebral” for American viewers. There were numerous theatrical productions based on the novel. Aldous Huxley, George Orwell, Arthur Koestler (Darkness at Noon), and Sinclair Lewis all wrote their dystopian novels in the 1930s and ’40s.
And yet the nation has survived the totalitarian/communist ideologues who have attempted to co-opt our democratic republic for well over a hundred years. We will survive the Biden administration’s wholesale assault on this country as founded as well, even though he has done more damage than any previous tyrant in a very short time.
Millions of Americans are waking up to the dark and deceptive agenda of the radical left: CRT to pit citizens against one another, cancel culture to obliterate the First Amendment and terrorize those with differing opinions from expressing them, and now the attempt to implement state control over our bodies with vaccine mandates.
The Americans in Lewis’s novel are shocked by what they see unfolding in their America: “Why, America’s the only free nation on earth. Besides! Country’s too big for a revolution. No, no! Couldn’t happen here!” Lewis also predicted that “[w]hen fascism comes to the United States it will be wrapped in the American flag and will claim the name of 100 per-cent Americanism.” We are enduring that moment once again. The challenge this time is to wake up the people who have yet to realize that the liberty they take for granted is in grave danger. The patriots who fought for our independence from 1775 to 1783 were a mere third of the colonists. It just may take more of us this time. ##
Additional Information, more MHProNews Analysis and Commentary
A soldier must train rigorously and don a certain mindset in order to deliver maximum harm to an enemy while maximizing the odds of surviving battle. A good attorney must similarly get into an intellectual discipline of mind to best serve a cause or client. In journalism and writing, for an author to successfully convey keen insights accurately requires hours to prepare an article like the on above Patricia McCarthy for the American Thinker that requires mere minutes to read.
Left-of-center Snopes confirmed that Ronald Reagan said, “If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism.” That is a trending topic, with millions of hits online. McCarthy neatly tied Reagan’s concerns, and the warnings of George Orwell, Aldus Huxley, and other dystopian authors such as Lewis into a quick romp that illustrates that sobering claim. One should keep in mind that facism is historically backed by big business, as former author Joel Kotkin thoughtfully outlined in a survey that ties the past to the present linked below. Two entirely different authors and styles, Kotkin – a longtime Democrat, with McCarthy apparently a more conservative voice from the right.
Periodic hyperbole in McCarthy’s column noted as matters of style and emphasis, her article insightfully weaves numerous compelling and evidence-based points. While hardcore Democratic Party backers and propaganda blinded anti-Trumpers may have a hard time working their way through her thought-piece, each note she strikes is like part of a symphony that tells the story of the troubling tableaux of events that is occurring in America.
The reports linked above and below relate to, and in some ways benefit from and/or underscore various statements and claims made by McCarthy. MHProNews may circle back to various pull quotes from her thoughtful column in the days ahead. Because at the end of the day, without authentic freedom, only those directly tied to fascistic power will have rights if this collusive coup between big business and big government is allowed to stand.
All others are being systematically marginalized. McCarthy’s assessment is as keen as it is sobering.
There are reasons for hope, because the behavior is becoming so notorious that more on the left-center-right spectrum as seeing things for what they are as opposed to the mindless propaganda that is producing Borg-like drones that fail to think critically and analytically. The answer? Beyond waking up those in your circle that may not yet see matters clearly, the pattern and solutions are outlined in 515 words in the article linked below.
Facism? Socialism? Communism? Here in the U.S.A.? “It can’t happen here? It is happening here!” The American Thinker’s column by McCarthy is a troubling- but evidence-based warning as to what is occurring right now.
It is not without reason that President Donald J. Trump is holding “Save America” rallies. It is hopeful that several states are examining or preparing to do a forensic examination of the 2020 presidential race. Note that the early indicators support the 45th president’s claim that the election was rigged and/or stolen, in relatively few key places. If sufficiently proven, Quo Warranto and other possible paths to right the madness going on at the U.S.-Mexican border, in Washington, D.C., and beyond may be brought to a legal end.
Orwell, Huxley, and Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451, and Sinclair’s novels were not supposed to be ‘how to’ manuals. They were supposed to be warnings. Anything that has occurred in history before means that something similar can happen again. To remain the land of the free, we will need more Americans of all backgrounds that are thoughtful, willing to question the official narratives, and are brave enough to act on that knowledge.
Next up is our business daily recap of yesterday evening’s market report and related left-right headlines.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left (CNN) – Right (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has recently been modified, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business = evening of 7.30.2021
- Pets in peril
- Left to right: Dogs Tony, Migo, Zorro, Nellie, Charley, and Togo.
- Rover promises ‘trusted sitters and dog walkers.’ That wasn’t enough to save these animals
- The eviction ban is ending, and now millions are waiting for the sheriff to knock on their door
- SEC temporarily halts approvals of new Chinese IPOs after Didi debacle
- Amazon hit by record $887 million EU privacy fine
- Consumer incomes rose while a key measure of inflation dipped in June
- Goldman Sachs draws a line in the sand on employee vaccinations
- Microsoft CEO warns ‘people will vote with their feet’ when it comes to return-to-work policies
- Opinion: I mandated vaccines for my business. Here’s how it’s paid off
- Melinda French Gates and MacKenzie Scott team up to give $40 million to support women
- Corporate America to workers: Either get a Covid vaccine or leave
- World’s biggest food company says prices are going even higher
- Fox says MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has decided to ‘pause’ his pillow ads amid election crusade
- Check out lines at a Walmart discount department store in Miami, FL on May 22, 2021.
- Walmart mandates vaccines for all corporate employees
- A customer shops at an IKEA store on June 10, 2021 in Houston, Texas.
- Here’s why you’re waiting months for that couch you ordered
- Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney over ‘Black Widow’ Disney+ release
- SPACE RACE
- An artist’s rendition of Isar Aerospace’s first generation “Spectrum” rocket taking off from an imaginary launch pad
- The Porsche dynasty is taking on Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in space
- Bezos offers NASA $2 billion to join the moon race
- Bezos and Branson went to space. What’s next?
- Space tourism won’t be affordable any time soon
- Space tourism tax proposed to boldly go where no tax has gone before
- RETURN TO ‘NORMAL’
- Office employee desktop during a pandemic. Shot of a used mask by the keyboard on a white table. The manager took off the used mask at the workplace. No people
- Managers must enforce rules for unvaccinated employees, and it won’t be easy
- 5 industries struggling to recover from Covid
- The pandemic killed menus and brought QR codes back
- New CDC mask guidance throws stores’ policies into flux
- Fed says Delta won’t ruin the recovery. But we’re still a long way from normal
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 7.30.2021
- House Repubs Want Fauci, Scientist to Brief Them on COVID Origin Email
- James Comer, R-Ky., and Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, want a top scientist, who had once said COVID-19 seemed like it may have been engineered, to brief them on why she changed her mind within a matter of days. The two congressmen made their demand in a letter to Kristian Andersen, a virologist at the Scripps’ Department of Immunology and Microbiology. [Full Story]
- Newsmax TV
- Jerome Adams: Breakthrough COVID Cases ‘Shocking News’
- Marsha Blackburn: New Mask Mandates an ‘Overreach’ |
- Tenney: No Mask Mandates Across the Hall in Senate |
- Jha: ‘Get Vaccinated, 96% of Doctors Are Vaccinated’ |
- Zeldin: NY Nursing Home Probe Should Remain Open |
- Mike Waltz: Biden, Dems Undermine Own Vaccination Efforts |
- Cammack: Capitol Mask Arrest Order ‘Tyrannical’ |
- More Newsmax TV
- New Poll Shows Liz Cheney in Big Trouble
- As she attracts national attention from the televised hearings on the events of Jan. 6 at the U.S. Capitol, Rep. Liz Cheney is also clearly in big trouble with her fellow Wyoming Republicans…… [Full Story]
- Related Stories
- Conservatives Want to Boot Cheney, Kinzinger From House GOP
- Justice Dept Says IRS Must Give Trump’s Tax Returns to Congress
- The U.S. Justice Department on Friday ordered the Internal Revenue [Full Story]
- Pelosi Says Access to Trump’s Tax Returns Is Matter of National Security -statement
- With Evictions Looming, Congress Strains to Extend Ban
- Hours before a nationwide eviction moratorium is set to expire, [Full Story]
- Wisconsin Republican Expands 2020 Election Investigation
- The highest ranking Republican in the Wisconsin Assembly said Friday [Full Story]
- Biden Handed Card in Meeting Saying Something on His Chin
- President Joe Biden on Friday received an unexpected note during a [Full Story]
- Biden Extends COVID Travel Restrictions, but Not for Illegals
- The Biden administration cited the COVID-19 Delta variant as it’s [Full Story] |
- DeSantis Hit Over Bonuses for Teachers, First Responders
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has come under fire after his state issued [Full Story]
- China’s Nuclear Silo Fields an ‘Exceedingly Dangerous Development’
- The recent discovery of two nuclear silo fields in remote regions of [Full Story] |
- Widow of Slain Haitian Leader Seriously Considering Bid to Replace Him
- The widow of Haiti’s assassinated President Jovenel Mose is seriously [Full Story]
- Biden, GOP Clash Over ‘Science’ Behind New Mask Guidelines
- If COVID-19 is truly a “pandemic of the unvaccinated,” as the Biden [Full Story] |
- Dems Threaten to Ban Site Selling Innocent ‘Joe You Know I Won’ Mugs
- Jerome Adams to Newsmax: Breakthrough COVID Cases ‘Shocking News’
- COVID-19 vaccines work to “to keep people out of the hospital [Full Story] |
- Amanda Knox Accuses New Movie of Cashing In on Her Case
- Amanda Knox is complaining angrily that the new Matt Damon movie [Full Story]
- Senate Advances Nearly $1T Infrastructure Plan
- The Senate advanced a roughly $1 trillion infrastructure plan on [Full Story]
- Candace Cameron Bure Addresses Criticism Over ‘Seductive’ Christian TikTok Video
- Candace Cameron Bure has apologized for posting a religious TikTok [Full Story]
- Fox News Bans Mike Lindell Ad, MyPillow Drops Network
- Mike Lindell is so furious at Fox News for refusing to run a paid TV [Full Story]
- Dem-Released Notes: Trump Urged DOJ to Declare Election ‘Corrupt’
- President Donald Trump urged senior Justice Department officials to [Full Story]
- Jha Says: ‘Get Vaccinated, 96 Percent of Doctors Are Vaccinated’
- Almost all doctors have gotten their COVID-19 shots, so if they [Full Story] |
- Broadway Mandates Vaccines, Masks for All Shows
- Broadway will require audiences to be fully vaccinated and wear masks [Full Story]
- Disney Fires Back at Scarlett Johansson’s ‘Black Widow’ Lawsuit
- Disney has hit back at Scarlett Johansson’s lawsuit over the release [Full Story]
- Trump Condemns Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal as ‘Politically Irresponsible’
- Former President Donald Trump on Friday condemned the bipartisan [Full Story]
- Study: US Abortion Laws at Odds With Western Countries
- The United States is out of the Western mainstream world when it [Full Story]
- Hunter Biden to His Critics: ‘F*** ‘Em’
- Hunter Biden rudely dismissed critics of his artwork during a [Full Story]
- Zeldin to Newsmax: NY Nursing Home Probe Should Remain Open
- The Department of Justice should not have dropped its civil [Full Story] |
- DeSantis Joins Governors Supporting Overturn of Roe V. Wade
- Ron DeSantis, R-Fla. joined 10 other Republican governors [Full Story]
- Texas Gov. Abbott Signs Order Blocking Mask, Vaccine Mandates
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has issued an executive order blocking cities [Full Story]
- Dropping Anti-COVID Measures During Vaccine Rollout ‘Risks Resistant Variants’
- Relaxing restrictions like mask-wearing and social distancing when [Full Story]
- Israel’s President Gets 3rd COVID Shot, Urges Boosters for Over-60s
- Israeli President Isaac Herzog received a third shot of coronavirus [Full Story]
- South Carolina Lawmaker to Challenge US Rep. Tom Rice
- A South Carolina state lawmaker is mounting a primary challenge to [Full Story]
- Hong Kong Protester Given 9-Year Term in 1st Security Case
- A pro-democracy protester was sentenced Friday to nine years in [Full Story]
- More Newsfront
- Personal Spending Strengthened in June Along With Prices
- S. personal spending accelerated more than expected in June, reflecting a ramp up in outlays on services, while a closely watched inflation measure continued to climb. Purchases of goods… [Full Story]
- Get Ready to Pay More for Coffee, Beer, Bread and Snacks
- British Airways Owner Downbeat as Rivals See Summer Rebound
- Pandemic Weighs Down German Beer Sales Again in 1st Half
- Cities Try to Head Off Eviction Wave as Federal Ban Expires
- More Finance
- New Research Links COVID-19 to Alzheimer’s Disease
- Scientists from around the world will meet at the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference beginning next Monday in Denver to share their findings on how COVID-19 affects the brain. According to NPR, patients who have been infected with the virus often develop… [Full Story]
- Teens’ Heart Risk From COVID Far Exceeds That of Vaccination: Study
- Diabetes Patients With High-Deductible Plans More Likely to Skip Meds
- Irregular Heartbeat Deaths on the Rise, Especially in Younger People
- CDC: Vaccinated Should be Tested After COVID Exposure, Even Without Symptoms
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12th year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.