Important Programming Notice: MHProNews may be in the Hurricane Ian’s storm path once it hits land in Florida. Perhaps the biggest threat for MHProNews could be power outages, which means possible service interruption. MHProNews may pre-post certain articles, but they may lack the market segment (sorry but we don’t claim to know the future on the various stocks on the markets). As usual, MHProNews will bring you content, analysis and commentary found no where else in MHVille that has made and kept us the runaway #1 trade media for about a dozen years. That programming notice said, the following headline report.
On the libertarian leaning Cato Institute website is the following from 9.23.2022. “Patrick G. Eddington’s research from the article, “Postal Service surveilled protesters with pro‐gun, anti‐Biden agendas,” is cited on WMAL’s The Chris Plante Show.” The report was based in part on documents obtained by the Cato Institute researcher Eddington from the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). Eddington is equal opportunity in his Freedom of Information suits, having filed against the Trump Administration as reflected in the document linked here, but more recent filed against the Biden Administration, as the sobering report below reflects.
With that background the following report on this topic is from the WND NewsCenter provided to MHProNews. It will be followed by additional information with more MHProNews analysis and commentary in brief.
U.S. Postal Service caught tracking mail of 2nd Amendment advocates
‘Cannot reliably deliver mail to my own home, yet they can find the money and people to effectively digitally spy’
By Bob Unruh
Published September 26, 2022 at 1:59pm
With Democrats more and more demanding mail-in elections, the delivery of those ballots – and the voluminous campaign literate – is becoming more and more important.
And that means Americans will rely more and more on the U.S. Postal Service.
Which, according to the Washington Times, now has been caught tracking the communications of 2nd Amendment advocates.
The report said the USPS “monitored protesters across the country, snooping on Americans focused on issues involving guns and President Biden’s election.”
The Times said, “Postal inspectors tracked the actions of gun rights activists gathering in Richmond, Virginia; people preparing to demonstrate against police in Louisville, Kentucky, after an investigation into the police shooting of Breonna Taylor; and far-right groups headed to the District of Columbia after Mr. Biden’s election.”
The details in the report were from the Cato Institute, where Patrick Eddington obtained records – albeit heavily redacted – explaining the spy program run by postal inspectors from September 2020 through April 2021.
Eddington described the USPS agenda as capable of reaching into every home and business in the country.
“The Postal Service cannot reliably deliver mail to my own home, yet they can find the money and people to effectively digitally spy at scale, including on Americans engaged in First Amendment-protected activities,” he charged.
The documents he obtained revealed the USPS ability to track “peaceful armed protests.”
The report continued, “Postal inspectors’ social media surveillance also determined that a ‘Million MAGA March’ set for Nov. 14, 2020, would cause traffic delays in the District, Maryland and Virginia and noted that the event had been posted on a ‘conservative forum.'”
Postal inspectors also discussed what was appearing on social media sites including Wimkin and Parler.
The report noted the USPS’ response was that its inspectors are federal law enforcement officers responsible for protecting Postal Service workers and customers.
A report from the USPS inspector general said that some of the department’s actions likely “exceeded the Postal Inspection Service’s law enforcement authority.”
That’s because the U.S. Postal Service has announced a new “Election and Government Mail Services division,” that will be set up.
“Starbucks recently asked the National Labor Relations Board to suspend all pending and ongoing votes to unionize at its U.S. stores due to concerns stemming from mail-in ballots. The franchise’s objections once again raise questions about the credibility of election systems that rely on mail-in ballots,” DeVore explained.
But “how much more with the American electoral process? With hundreds of millions of dollars of campaign material and increasing numbers of ballots in the mail, postal efficiency and honesty are becoming increasingly vital to free and fair elections.”
The move immediately raised suspicions because as Hillary Clinton-linked lawyer Marc Elias immediately boasted about the development.
On social media, he said, “U.S. Postal Service creates new dedicated division to handle election mail. The Election and Government Mail Services is part of an effort to effectively deliver mail-in ballots to voters and elections offices in advance of the 2022 midterm elections.”
DeVore explained, “The rationale for this new division is that the growing use of mail-in ballots requires extra attention to ensure the greater volume of mailed ballots can be handled by an increasingly overburdened USPS. The USPS reported it delivered more than 135 million ballots in 2020, with 40 million delivered so far this year during the primaries.”
But it is the leftists who have advocated for mail-in ballots, and studies have shown they are more susceptible to fraud than in-person ballots.
“Elections conducted by mail have been a longtime goal of Elias and others since long before public health fears over in-person voting during the COVID-19 pandemic,” DeVore said. “It is instructive to note that most European nations found mail-in ballots to be susceptible to fraud and limited their use.”
He pointed out mailed ballots can be cast by someone other than the voter, voter ID measures are harder to have, and then there are those “professional ballot traffickers who ‘help’ the voter fill in their ballot.” ##
PSAKI PREDICTION: Democrats understand “they will lose” the midterms if November’s election is a referendum on President Joe Biden, former White House press secretary Jen Psaki said. https://t.co/YOeUfgLuE0 pic.twitter.com/gSQ2OxyH37
— Newsmax (@newsmax) September 26, 2022
Additional Information with More MHProNews Analysis and Commentary in Brief
On Rob Carson’s 9.27.2022 WCBM based and syndicated radio show (noon to 3 PM ET), he had MHProNews’ L.A. “Tony” Kovach on air. Carson after taking Kovach’s comments later read again the following points from a follow up email.
- Projecting and Paltering,
- Projecting – Blaming others for what the finger-pointer are guilty of themselves
- Paltering – Telling a partial truth or ignoring parts of the truth. …”
Carson apparently agreed. He referred to that twice shortly after the on-air discussion of those concepts.
Much of what has been occurring in recent years seems to echoes notions that date back decades to organizations that have been ripped by publications such as the left-leaning LA Times, from which this next headline and pull quote originates. “Today’s right wing conspiracy theory mentality” The op-ed there made the argument that conspiracy theories can be traced back to the John Birch society, which they explained on January 9, 2022 that “Robert Welch, [was the] founder and head of the John Birch Society, in 1961. (Associated Press). The left-leaning Washington Post similarly noted on January 15, 2021 that “Buckley told [Barry] Goldwater, according to Judis, that the John Birch Society was a “menace” to the conservative movement.”
The New Republic publication is similarly left-leaning, per the Britannica: “The New Republic reflected the progressive movement and sought reforms in American government and society.” The New Republic on March 8, 2021 said: “Buckley single-handedly purged the conservative movement of the outright racists and conspiracy theorists, like Robert Welch and his John Birch Society…” Left-leaning Politico said 7.16.2017 that “The John Birch Society is Back,” saying “Bircher ideas, once on the fringe, are increasingly commonplace in today’s GOP and espoused by friends in high places.” There are numbers of such reports that go back for years. That apparently commonplace refrain from ‘progressive’ and left-leaning media should cause the curious of whatever background to wonder, what is it that the John Birch Society (JBS) said about itself?
Following the ‘about us’ content from the JBS.org website is the following. Note, as a standard MHProNews disclosure: quoting a source is not to be construed as an endorsement of all that a source has said and/or done.
About The John Birch Society
We are concerned Americans from many races, religious beliefs, and national origins. Since we were founded on December 9, 1958, we have been men and women of good character, humane conscience, and religious ideals who have worked together to safeguard the Constitution.
The John Birch Society is principled, coordinated, and effective activism. Members are locally organized into small chapters and follow a National Agenda. By working as one, members create great pressure and influence originates locally and is felt nationally.
Our Constitutional Mission
Our mission is to bring about less government, more responsibility, and – with God’s help – a better world by providing leadership, education, and organized volunteer action in accordance with moral and Constitutional principles. The John Birch Society enthusiastically endorses the U.S. Constitution, and we have worked for over 60 years toward educating and activating Americans to abide by the original intent of the Founding Fathers.
We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. – Declaration of Independence, 1776
The John Birch Society endorses the timeless principles of the Declaration of Independence which proclaimed that our personal rights come from God, not from government.
Support & Defend the Constitution
A solution is only as good as your understanding of the problem. The Society labors to expose the forces that seek to undermine national independence, rewrite or abolish the Constitution, build a one-world government, or erode our personal liberties.
America has many enemies both foreign and domestic waging war on its very foundation. We seek to awaken sleeping patriots who will defend the Constitution and educate an apathetic population. Will you stand in the gap in America’s time of need? Our 10-Step National Agenda exposes globalist plans and works toward reining in an out-of-control federal government that these forces are using to satisfy their own agenda. …##
Key parts of the JBS agenda is to “II. Stop the New World Order,” and to support “III. The Constitution” which includes the subsections:
· Abolish Unconstitutional Government
· Create an Informed Electorate.
They also believe in “IV. Support Your Local Police” which means in part: “Keep Them Local, Keep Them Independent.”
There are certainly areas that even those on the right who are engaged on some of these issues disagree with the JBS on. Among them? Numbers on the right believe that there is a need to hold an “Article V” convention of the states. JBS sees that as a risk, what they call the “Con-Con.”
That said, the Politico pointed noted above is arguably correct: “Bircher ideas, once on the fringe, are increasingly commonplace in today’s GOP [i.e.: Grand Old Party or Republican Party] and espoused by friends in high places.” As an example, the Texas Republican Party’s surprisingly bold advocacy for a range of policy positions that in several respects align with several longstanding JBS positions, but not all of them. To learn more about that ground-breaking Texas GOP policy treatise, see the report linked below.
Without mentioning “the Birchers” some of the stances taken by then president candidate Donald J. Trump in the video below are arguably echoes of their thinking.
Black activist Malcom X has been described as no fan of either major party, but he particularly blasted Democrats. See this periodically referenced statement of Malcom X’s below.
The political right is far from uniform or in agreement in all issues, several of the concerns raised by the Birchers in the 60s and 70s historically have, for better or worse, become hot button topics in recent years. While groups the JBS routinely called out and warned against – such as the Trilateral Commission or Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) – arguably don’t get the same play as they did decades ago, there are other similar groups that do. For example, concerns about the World Economic Forum (WEF), the elites meeting at Davos, and the World Health Organization (WHO) are increasingly in the spotlight. More on such matters is found in the postscript of the article linked below.
What ought to be a theme on the right – and for those on the left who are realizing that Democrats are not delivering on their promises of a better world for their followers when they are in power – is the common link between the TC, CFR, WEF, WHO et al is this. It is routinely deep pocketed corporate and billionaires – who often support the left – that are what the Birchers used to say was “the unseen hand” lurking behind the curtain of events. Again, per Trump on July 3, 2020.
There are extremists here and there, on left and right, but the case can readily be made that the left is the greater threat today. Who says? Paradoxically, several voices on the left that are boldly calling out their fellow leftists.
What many voices on the right have to learn is to boldly spotlight billionaires beyond George Soros. If Soros were alone, the country could more readily weather that storm. But when Soros has left-leaning billionaires such as those linked above and below tell the tale of the assault on the American Way. Paradoxically, Warren Buffett has essentially agreed. On some things like that, it will pay to listen to Warren and his oligarch and plutocratic colleagues.
Facts always are what they are. If America had an unbiased media and an unbiased big tech sector, much of the nonsense that has gone on in Washington, D.C. and in numbers of jurisdictions from coast-to-coast could have been avoided. But that’s obvious not the plan. Who says? The WEF and their backers, who often lean blue.
IPS GILDED GIVING 2022-‘Wealth Inequality Distorts Philanthropy Imperils Democracy’ Reports Finger Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, More Philanthro-Feudalism Linked Billionaires; plus MHVille REITs, Stocks Update
Daily Business News on MHProNews Markets Segment
NOTICE: Based on feedback, a modification of our Daily Business News on MHProNews recap of yesterday evening’s market report is provided. It will still include our left (CNN Business) and right (Newsmax) ‘market moving’ headlines. The macro market moves graphics will provide context and comparisons for those invested in or tracking manufactured housing connected equities.
Reminder: several of the graphics on MHProNews can be opened into a larger size. Click the image and follow the prompts in your browser or device to OPEN In a New Window. Then, in several browsers/devices you can click the image and increase the size. Use the escape or back key to return.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 9.27.2022
- So much for a turnaround
- Traders work on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in New York City, U.S., September 26, 2022.
- The market could extend its losing streak and push the Dow further into bear territory
- US home price reports show the cooling effect of rising mortgage rates
- Consumers are growing more optimistic about the US economy
1,000 food workers at San Francisico airport are on strike
- Markets are now treating UK bonds like Greek and Italian debt
- What Hurricane Ian means for oil and gasoline prices
- Toy brands expect grown-ups to shop for other adults this holiday season
- Meta shuts down covert influence campaigns it says were run from China and Russia
- Hertz, BP team up to build EV charging network
- Asia’s richest man sees growing isolation for China
- ‘Don’t Worry Darling’ was plagued with drama. It won the box office this weekend
- Study reveals how long it will take to close the gender gap
- Residential single family homes construction by KB Home are shown under construction in the community of Valley Center, California, U.S. June 3, 2021. Picture taken with a drone. REUTERS/Mike Blake
- New home sales bounce back in August
- McDonald’s is selling Happy Meals to adults — with a twist
- A general view of rows of terraced houses rooftops on a residential housing estate on August 11, 2022 in Romford, England.
- UK mortgage borrowers are in for a nasty shock from soaring rates
- Amazon Prime van waiting to depart from the Amazon delivery centre in Channel Commercial Park in Belfast.
- Packages are shipped to the delivery station from Amazon fulfillment and sorting centers and loaded onto vehicles for delivery to Amazon customers in the Belfast area.
- On Tuesday, April 20, 2021, in Belfast, Northern Ireland. (Photo by Artur Widak/NurPhoto via Getty Images)
- Amazon puts a second Prime Day sale on the calendar
- Walmart enters the metaverse with Roblox
- Expect big holiday sales on everything but the bling
- People won’t be going crazy with holiday gifting
- Walmart isn’t waiting for Black Friday. It’s ready for holiday shopping now
- REAL ESTATE
- S. Federal Reserve Board Chairman Jerome Powell holds a news conference after Federal Reserve raised its target interest rate by three-quarters of a percentage point in Washington, U.S., September 21, 2022.
- Take no prisoners: In the Fed’s inflation fight, no one is spared
- Why it’s getting even harder to keep a roof over your head
- Redfin economist’s advice to potential homebuyers
- Rising mortgage rates hit home builders
- Housing market may be slowing down but rents keep rising
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax 9.27.2022
- Hurricane Ian Rips by Cuba, Projected to Hit Florida as Cat 4
- Record $9.3 Billion Will Be Spent on US Midterm Elections
- Newsmax TV
- Fallon: ‘Furious’ Over Obama’s Race Card on Border | video
- Trump Attorney Habba: FBI Can’t Be Trusted in Raid | video
- Tenney: GOP Will Expose Immigration Costs | video
- Ukraine Wives: Red Cross Hasn’t Been in Russia Prisons | video
Blaine Holt: Putin Tries to Be ‘Scary Diplomatic Monster’ | video
- Dick Morris: Dems ‘Party of Abortions,’ Not Choice | video
- Matt Gaetz: Might Sue Media After DOJ Vindication | video
- Norman: Italy Election a Reflection of What’s to Come | video
- Hurricane Ian Rips by Cuba, Projected to Hit Fla. at Cat 4
- Hurricane Ian tore into western Cuba on Tuesday as a major hurricane, with nothing to stop it from intensifying into a catastrophic Category 4 storm before it crashes ashore Wednesday in Florida, where officials ordered 2.5 million people to evacuate… [Full Story] | video
- Related Stories
- White House: Biden Has Called Mayors in Three Florida Cities as Hurricane Ian Nears
- Video Report: Florida Braces for Hurricane Ian
- Hurricane Ian Pushes South Carolina Football to Thursday
- 1/6 Committee Postpones Wednesday Hearing, Citing Hurricane
- Biden’s $400B Student-Loan Forgiveness Order Draws First Legal Challenge
- The Pacific Legal Foundation (PLF), a national nonprofit legal group [Full Story]
- Cotton Probes Funding of CCP-Backed Lithium Battery Company
- Tom Cotton, R-Ark., wants answers about the agency helping fund [Full Story]
- Iranians Take to Streets for 12th Night of Women-led Protests
- Iranians on Tuesday staged a 12th straight night of protests over the [Full Story]
- Dems Repeat Debunked Story of Jan. 6 Cops ‘Killed’
- Despite multiple investigations verifying that no police officers [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Group: Biden Has ‘No Grasp Whatsoever’ on Abortion
- Democrats, led by President Joe Biden, are making abortion their [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Russian ‘Provocations’ Not Ruled Out on Pipeline Leaks
- A series of unusual leaks on two natural gas pipelines running from [Full Story]
- Patrol Spots Chinese, Russian Naval Ships off Alaska Island
- Meta Disables Russian Propaganda Network Targeting Europe
- Russia to Medevac Wounded in School Shooting to Moscow
- Pro-Moscow Officials: One Occupied Area Votes to Join Russia
- Kaine Opposes Manchin’s Permit-Reform Bill
- Tim Kaine, D-Va., on Tuesday announced his opposition to a [Full Story]
- Philadelphia Mayor Issues Ban on Guns at City Parks, Pools
- Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney signed an executive order Tuesday [Full Story]
- Mickelson, Others Drop Out of LIV Lawsuit v PGA
- Hall of Famer Phil Mickelson and three other golfers dropped out of a [Full Story]
- Pentagon: No Change to Nuke Policy Amid Threats
- Despite Russian threats to Ukraine and NATO about the use of nuclear [Full Story]
- CIA Warned Berlin on Pipeline Attacks in Summer
- The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) had weeks ago warned [Full Story]
- Record $9.3 Billion to Be Spent on Midterm Elections
- Billions of dollars are being spent on the midterm elections in 2022 [Full Story]
- Prototype Electric Airplane Takes 1st Flight
- A prototype, all-electric airplane took its first flight Tuesday [Full Story]
- NFL Coach’s Viral Outburst Fuels Wave of Twitter Memes
- A video of Buffalo Bills Offensive Coordinator Ken Dorsey going [Full Story]
- Stefanik Blasts Efforts to Rename Columbus Day
- Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., is ripping “far-left” Democrats for [Full Story]
- Former Student Convicted of Spying for Chinese Govt
- A former graduate student has been convicted of spying for the [Full Story]
- Biden Medicare Victory at Expense of Alzheimer’s Drug
- S. President Joe Biden will claim victory Tuesday for a drop in [Full Story]
- DOJ Accused of Trying to ‘Intimidate People of Faith’
- The lawyer for pro-life activist Mark Houck, who was arrested Friday [Full Story]
- Court: Presidency Shields Trump in Defamation Case
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit ruled [Full Story]
- GOP Blasts Biden, Democrats Over Inflation
- The Republican National Committee is slamming President Joe Biden and [Full Story] | video
- Secret Service Confiscated Phones of 24 Agents Involved in Jan. 6
- The Secret Service reportedly confiscated the cellphones of 24 agents [Full Story]
- Elon Musk’s Twitter Deposition Rescheduled for Oct. 6-7
- Elon Musk is scheduled to be questioned under oath by Twitter Inc [Full Story]
- China’s Xi Appears Tuesday After PLA Coup Rumors
- Chinese President Xi Jinping visited an exhibition in Beijing on [Full Story]
- New Russian Citizen Snowden Welcomes ‘a Little Stability’
- Former government intelligence contractor Edward Snowden, who fled [Full Story]
- LGBTQ-Friendly Church OK With Getting Southern Baptist Boot
- When her teenage daughter came out as a lesbian several years ago, [Full Story]
- Walmart to Cover Fertility Treatments Under Insurance Plan
- Walmart is teaming up with a fertility startup to offer benefits [Full Story]
- Poll: Texas Voters Back Trump Over Biden by 9 Points
- Almost half 49% of likely Texas voters would vote for former [Full Story]
- Sinema Chided for Midterm Election Forecast
- Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., scolded fellow state lawmaker Sen. [Full Story]
- Schumer Keeps Permitting Reform Promise to Manchin
- Senate Democrats on Monday night released a short-term government [Full Story]
- New Mexico DA: Alec Baldwin May Soon Be Charged in ‘Rust’ Shooting Death
- New Mexico District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies has hinted that [Full Story]Biden’s $400B Student-Loan Forgiveness Order Draws First Legal Challenge
- The Pacific Legal Foundation (PLF), a national nonprofit legal group which defends Americans from government overreach, has become the first organization to formally challenge the Department of Education’s student loan cancellation policy…. [Full Story]
- As Hurricane Ian Nears, Millions in Florida Told to Evacuate
- Ford to Invest $700M, Add 500 Jobs at Louisville Truck Plant
- 10-Year Treasury Yield Jumps to 12-1/2 Year High
- Harley-Davidson Spins Off LiveWire in $1.8B SPAC Merger
- More Finance
- Beware: Health Apps Share Your Personal Information With Advertisers
- Your healthcare information and internet searches are often leaked to third-party sources. Facebook has been caught receiving patient information from hospitals though its tracker tool. Google keeps track of our health-related searches. Mental health apps target keywords… [Full Story]
- Biden Plan Moves Nutrition Labels to Package Front, Changes “Healthy” Criteria
- Changes in Eye Color May Signal Health Problems
- Study: The 20-20-20 Rule Effectively Relieves Eye Strain
- Expert Tips for Buying Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids Available in October
- NOTE 1: The 3rd chart above includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE 2: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE 3: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
- Note 4: some recent or related reports to the equities named above follow.
Manufactured Home Communities (a.k.a. ‘Mobile Home Parks’ – SIC) – Exploring UMH Properties; Fellow Manufactured Housing Institute Member Yes! Communities Suits and Settlements; plus MH Markets Updates
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.