A headline from the National Federal of Independent Business (NFIB) to MHProNews on 9.1.2022 said: “Federal Legislation Seeks to Provide Fairness for Small Business Owners using Big Tech Services.” It may not seem to be the hottest issue in the minds of tens of millions of voters who are tired of the economic toll to their personal finances. Nevertheless, censorship and the assault on free speech rights weigh on millions of minds, especially when the possible implications are pondered for smaller businesses. That said, a Warren Buffett funded nonprofit board member keenly observed that “It’s not only a monopoly of wealth [capital access]; it’s a monopoly of information as well.” That pithy pensée was spoken by actor Danny Glover in the documentary Shadows of Liberty and helps explain why the flow of accurate information is so important. With that in mind, details are being revealed by a lawsuit being handled by the New Civil Rights Alliance (NCRA), which is challenging federal government influence over free speech.
As Shadows aptly noted: “The people that own the media would be much happier if we were a nation of mindless consumers rather than a nation of informed active citizens.” As Shadows reminds readers – and the report linked below further details – even before this latest development, there has been years of evidence that U.S. public officials have often worked to manipulate reporting by corporate media.
This first report below comes on the heels of a Whistleblower Magazine report that asked and begins to answer this question. “How is it possible that the greatest and freest nation in world history has so rapidly come under the control of serially lying, deranged, power-mad sociopaths – leaders with nothing but contempt for America, for its history, its Constitution, its Judeo-Christian culture and its people? Orwell’s “1984” points directly to the answer: The elites are changing America’s language itself, so that people’s words – and therefore, their very thoughts – inevitably come under the control of the ruling class. …”
Gaslighting, information throttling, the big lie and a range of news or social media domination has profound impacts on a society. That in turn has obvious implications for business. With those introductory points in mind, here is the WND NewsCenter report provided to MHProNews on today’s headline topic.
Lawsuit uncovers army of feds censoring speech in America
‘Officials across at least 11 agencies have secretly communicated with social media’
By Bob Unruh
Published September 1, 2022 at 12:06pm
A developing lawsuit that now is embroiled in arguments over what “discovery” is to be allowed has uncovered a long list of federal bureaucracies whose officials have been actively involved in telling social media companies what speech to censor.
It was just revealed in recent days that the FBI contacted Facebook and warned of “Russian disinformation,” causing the social media giant to suppress accurate reporting from the New York Post about the Biden family’s international business schemes that may have involved America’s enemies – and provided profit to Joe Biden.
A poll revealed 80% of Americans believe that actually changed the winner in the 2020 president race, and that without that censorship, President Donald Trump would be in the White House now.
All of which prompted Margot Cleveland, a senior legal correspondent for The Federalist, to warn, “It was the FBI and not social media that stole the election from Donald Trump.”
Now details being revealed in a lawsuit being handled by the New Civil Rights Alliance, which is challenging government influence over free speech, confirm that a long list of bureaucracies in the federal government have been contacting social media corporations in order to tell them what to censor.
The case, the NCLA said, “blows the lid off a sprawling federal censorship regime that will shock the conscience of Americans.”
In a joint statement of discovery disputes in the case – just exactly who has to answer which questions as the case continues, “reveals scores of federal officials across at least 11 federal agencies have secretly communicated with social-media platforms to censor and suppress private speech federal officials disfavor. This unlawful enterprise has been wildly successful,” the NCLA said.
“Under the First Amendment, the federal government may not police private speech nor pick winners and losers in the marketplace of ideas. But that is precisely what the government has done – and is still doing – on a massive scale not previously divulged. Multiple agencies’ communications demonstrate that the federal government has exerted tremendous pressure on social media companies – pressure to which companies have repeatedly bowed,” the organization said.
Among the bureaucracies that have been identified in the case so far include the White House, Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, the Centers for Disease Control, the CISA, NIAID, the office of the Surgeon General, the Census Bureau, the Food and Drug Administration, the FBI, State, Treasury and the U.S. Election Assistance Commission.
“Communications show these federal officials are fully aware that the pressure they exert is an effective and necessary way to induce social-media platforms to increase censorship. The head of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency even griped about the need to overcome social-media companies’ ‘hesitation’ to work with the government,” the NCLA said.
“If there was ever any doubt the federal government was behind censorship of Americans who dared to dissent from official COVID messaging, that doubt has been erased,” explained Jenin Younes, NCLA litigation counsel.
“The shocking extent of the government’s involvement in silencing Americans, through coercing social-media companies, has now been revealed. These bureaucrats continue to resist efforts to expose the degree of their unconstitutional actions every step of the way.”
John J. Vecchione, senior litigation counsel, added, “The incredible extent of government interference with the speech rights of Americans must be seen to be believed. Yet, even with all that this case has revealed, the government defendants are still resisting their obligation to disclose the names of all the public servants who were involved in this unlawful scheme.”
The original focus of the dispute was the government’s censorship of accurate information about treatments during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The case is State of Missouri ex rel. Eric S. Schmitt, State of Louisiana ex rel. Jeffrey M. Landry, Dr. Jayanta Bhattacharya, Jill Hines, Jim Hoft, Dr. Aaron Kheriaty, and Dr. Martin Kulldorff v. Joseph R. Biden, Jr., Karine Jean-Pierre, Vivek H. Murthy, Xavier Becerra, Department of Health and Human Services, Dr. Anthony Fauci, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Carol Y. Crawford, United States Census Bureau, Jennifer Shopkorn, Department of Commerce, Alejandro Mayorkas, Robert Silvers, Samantha Vinograd, Department of Homeland Security, Jen Easterly, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Gina McCarthy, and Nina Jankowicz (individual defendants sued in their official capacities).
The NCLA explained, “These actions have precipitated an unprecedented rise in censorship and suppression of free speech – including core political speech — on social-media platforms. Many viewpoints and speakers have been unlawfully and unconstitutionally silenced or suppressed in the modern public square. This unlawful government interference violates the fundamental right of free speech for all Americans, whether or not they are on social media. More discovery is needed to uncover the full extent of this regime – i.e., the identities of other White House and agency officials involved and the nature and content of their communications with social-media companies.”
The issue pending right now before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana is whether the grant the government’s demands for protection from even being questioned about what has been going on.
Court documents reveal that the censorship campaign across the Biden administration actually was confirmed by one of his appointees.
“Secretary [Alejandro] Mayorkas of DHS commented that the federal government’s efforts to police private speech on social media are occurring ‘across the federal enterprise.'” the legal filing explains. “It turns out that this statement is true, on a scale beyond what plaintiffs could ever have anticipated.”
It charges the “Censorship Enterprise” includes “dozens of federal officials across at least 11 federal agencies and components identified so far, who community with social-media platforms about misinformation, disinformation, and the suppression of private speech on social media – all with the intent and effect of pressuring social-media platforms to censor and suppress private speech that federal officials disfavor.”
The impact of such censorship can be, literally, nation-changing.
WND long has reported that there’s little question that Mark Zuckerberg’s $420 million handed out to leftist elections officials to recruit Democrat voters influenced the 2020 presidential race.
And that states routinely violated their own state laws regarding ballots.
But the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop reporting, according to a poll, left eight of 10 Americans with the opinion that the scheme changed the results of the 2020 election.
Cleveland said the polling “confirmed what many conservatives had thought — that by censoring the laptop story and the Biden family’s pay-to-play scandal, Big Tech stole the election from Donald Trump.”
But actually, since Zuckerberg admitted the FBI influenced his decision to make sure fewer people saw the accurate information, she blames the FBI for the election theft.
Zuckerberg, in an interview, had confessed that the FBI told his company that “we thought there was a lot of Russian propaganda in the 2016 election” and that “we have it on notice that basically there’s about to be some kind of dump similar to that so just be vigilant.”
So Zuckerberg arranged for the laptop reporting from the New York Post, which was documented and accurate, was suppressed – withheld from “many” people for a long time. ##
The second part of our featured focus for today is also from the WND NewsCenter to MHProNews. Among the additional information that will follow are examples of how this pattern has been reported to various degrees by left-leaning media, not just right-leaning news sources.
‘FBI leaders have created a world of universal deceit’
ACLJ lawyer says it’s time for ‘a root-and-branch effort to clean up’ government
By Bob Unruh
Published August 31, 2022 at 6:22pm
A recent poll of Americans showed almost as many distrust the FBI as trust it. And it’s gained a reputation for being used as a political weapon against conservatives and President Trump.
Then, too, there have been editorials from respected commentators pointing out it was the FBI that suggested to social media that they suppress the accurate New York Post reporting about the Biden family’s overseas business scandals – just days before the 2020 election.
Further, polling shows 80% of Americans believe that actually CHANGED the election winner from Trump to Biden.
Recall also the now-debunked 2016 claims of “Russia, Russia Russia” as well as the current “investigation” of Trump for allegedly having documents from his own presidency.
But it’s worse than all that appears.
According to Harry G. Hutchison, senior counsel and director of policy for the American Center for Law and Justice, while Attorney General Merrick Garland insists he will not “stand by silently when [the FBI] integrity is unfairly attacked,” his protestations have no “credibility.”
That’s because, he wrote online, because “FBI leaders have created a world of universal deceit.”
In fact, he wrote, “Just this week, the Washington Times reports that an FBI top agent, Timothy Thibault has left the agency amid charges of political bias regarding an investigation of Hunter Biden’s infamous laptop. Reportedly, Mr. Thibault approved of social media posts criticizing Attorney General William P. Barr for not aggressively prosecuting former President Trump’s political allies. Thibault also liked a post by the Lincoln Project calling Trump a ‘psychologically broken, embittered and deeply unhappy man.'”
And “suspiciously,” it “appears that FBI Supervisory Intelligence Analyst Brian Auten opened an assessment designed to discredit the derogatory information contained in Hunter’s laptop and then falsely label it misinformation,” he explained.
He pointed out that “Thibault’s misbehavior and his active participation in the FBI’s own misinformation campaign – one that rivals the 2016 Russia hoax campaign – has not gone unnoticed by Congress.”
There, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, dispatched to Garland and FBI Director Christopher Wray “a series of three letters questioning Mr. Thibault’s active partisanship and the FBI’s failure to take action regarding Special Agent Thibault’s participation in spreading falsehoods.”
Thibault has, in fact, “joins a distinguished cast of characters that would rival a criminal gang. This cast of characters includes Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Kevin Clinesmith, and others who have participated in the Deep State Revenge Tour against President Donald Trump,” Hutchison charged.
“Many of these individuals engaged in conduct designed to prevent Donald Trump from winning in 2016. After their efforts failed, they engaged in efforts to impair and sabotage his presidency.”
Now it’s “Russiagate, No. 2,” he suggested.
“Because convincing evidence exists showing the FBI interfered with the 2020 election in order to help elect candidate Joe Biden. Facebook head, Mark Zuckerberg, now admits that the company censored and suppressed harmful stories regarding Hunter Biden’s laptop. Instead of reporting on such stories, most media companies claimed that the Biden laptop story was simply Russian misinformation. Now most Americans believe that the failure to accurately report on potentially incriminating information in Hunter’s laptop changed the outcome of the election.”
He wondered if the DOJ and FBI have been “institutionally corrupted to their very core” to the extent that “Congress and the American people justifiably have no confidence” in them.
“Based on the above-referenced record, the FBI, the Department of Justice, and the Deep State are much worse than we could ever imagine,” he said.
Garland has claimed, “Upholding the rule of law means applying the law evenly without fear or favor. Under my watch, that is precisely what the Justice Department is doing,” Hutchison noted.
But that’s a lie, he said.
“That is clearly untrue,” he said. “Accordingly, it is time for the American people to take action to ensure that the American republic returns to the rule of law. It is time to engage in a root-and-branch effort to clean up the FBI, the IRS, the Department of Justice, and all layers of government.” ##
Additional Information with More MHProNews Analysis and Commentary in Brief
This may appear to be a largely leftist issue at this time, due in part to the reality that Democrat Joseph R. “Joe” Biden is sitting in the Oval Office and his party is control of both houses of Congress. While there could be a debate about the degree of such manipulation of information during the Republican Bush Administration, the principles behind it are similar to what is occurring now. In both instances – Bush and Biden – it is corporate and billionaire power that are driving factors as they use government power, policies, and budgets to enrich their supporters and themselves. This vexing pattern is why Trump had to beat “establishment” Republicans like Jeb Bush and Democrats in order to capture the White House in the 2016 election cycle.
The control of information is similar in power to the control over capital access. That is a powerful lesson that arguably one of the takeaways from the Capital Research Center (CRC) reporting and their Influence Watch website.
In manufactured housing, the powers that be in our profession have largely weaponized the national Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI), their state affiliates, and even numbers of trade publishers/bloggers. A Manufactured Housing Executives Council (MHEC) state association executive made the following comment in 2018. The trends he described have only accelerated since then.
That same year, two manufactured housing state affiliates of the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) broke ranks with that Arlington, VA based trade group. MHI claims to represent “all segments” of manufactured housing, but critics of that group have long said that MHI is working for the interests of their larger members, not their independents.
Perhaps the concerns outlined by these pull quotes might be more easily brushed off, save for the other pieces of evidence that come into focus when outsiders looking into manufactured housing are considered.
In short, in our profession and beyond, the weaponization of public policies, agencies, organizations, and information are plausibly to be described as a growing feudalistic or fascistic system that has arisen in the U.S. If that sounds bombastic or hyperbolic, consider the following quotes.
Last night, the disputed but de facto titular leader of the free world, Joe Biden, took to television to say that MAGA Republicans are a threat to democracy. Establishment Republicans are okay, as are his own Democratic Party members of course. But it has been established by evidence that the Democrats, and some so-called RINO Republicans are in the grip of the very corporate-billionaire class that is the focus of much of the Americans First, Americans First movement that Biden has called a semi-fascist threat. Yesterday afternoon on Newsmax, former Congressman Devin Nunes observed that the tactic appears to be ‘Accuse your opponent of what you are doing.’
This platform editorially observed something similar to the Nunes comment. In the Magyar language, there is an expression that means that the one making the allegation is the guilty party.
Fascism, said the fascist leader Benito Mussolini, is aptly described as corporatism. In the U.S., if one listens to Buffett and Benito, the case can be made that the billionaires and the corporate powers that have dominated Democrats and Establishment Republicans for years are finally getting challenged by the America First movement, which Biden dubbed MAGA or Ultra-MAGA Republicans. Of course. Besmirch your enemies, and perhaps some in the crowd will be fooled. But that tactic is nearly as old as humanity itself. President Abraham Lincoln said the following. Coupled with Orwellian and Saul Alinsky tactics, those insights speak volumes about what is occurring in the U.S.A. today.
This battle over capital access, information, and the power it can yield is far from over.
A blizzard of propaganda and staged Wag the Dog style efforts are in process. Will dozens of Trump-style America First Republicans win key races in the House to deliver it to Republican control in the upcoming midterm elections? Will Republican Senator Rick Scott (FL) calling out Republican Senator and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell out publicly for undermining key Senate races pay off?
Time will tell. But count on MHProNews to track, report, and unpack the news in a fashion that can make sense so that the “tapestry of lies” can be exposed and defeated. ##
Daily Business News Markets Segment
NOTICE: Based on feedback, a modification of our Daily Business News on MHProNews recap of yesterday evening’s market report is provided. It will still include our left (CNN Business) and right (Newsmax) ‘market moving’ headlines. The macro market moves graphics will provide context and comparisons for those invested in or tracking manufactured housing connected equities.
Reminder: several of the graphics on MHProNews can be opened into a larger size. Click the image and follow the prompts in your browser or device to OPEN In a New Window. Then, in several browsers/devices you can click the image and increase the size. Use the escape or back key to return.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 9.1.2022
- Pressure on prices
- Single family homes on Colonial Drive in Arlington, where the single family home remains king, despite efforts to allow for the construction of more multi-unit dwellings, resulting in home prices soaring. Nearly 80 percent of zoning for residential homes in the area is for single family homes only.
- Home prices may cool as mortgage rates keep climbing as the Fed battles inflation
- Jobless claims fall to lowest level in two months
- Wall Street’s biggest fear gauge is broken
- Why electric airplanes are taking off at flight schools
- The economy is starting to cool — but the job market is ‘like an inferno’
- This UK company will hand out free food to 88,000 workers this winter
- From WFH boom to RTO bust. Could a Zoom takeover be next?
- 41% of Black and minority workers in the UK are suffering racism on the job
- Lukoil chairman dies after falling from a Moscow hospital window
- Opinion: US companies are committing to hiring refugees. More should follow suit
- US orders Nvidia and AMD to stop selling AI chips to China
- Twitter is finally testing an edit button
- Americans behind on utility bills face extreme weather
- Content by The Ascent
- It’s official: now avoid credit card interest into 2024
- A Cruise vehicle in San Francisco, California, U.S., on Wednesday Feb. 2, 2022.
- Cruise recalls its robotaxis after passenger injured in crash
- People use automated teller machines (ATM) outside a Bank of America branch in San Francisco, California, U.S., on Thursday, Jan. 14, 2021.
- Bank of America to offer zero-down payment mortgages in certain Black and Hispanic communities
- Stocks start off September with mostly a thud
- Wireless carriers keep your location data for years and provide it to the police
- Opinion: Social networks can’t be trusted to self-regulate
- Agency sued over abortion-seeker privacy concerns
- How much trouble is Twitter in with regulators?
- Opinion: Case shows perils of digital life post-Roe
- WORKERS’ RIGHTS
- Customers are seen at a historic McDonald’s restaurant in Downey, California February 18, 2015.
- McDonald’s is fighting California’s fast food bill
- Strikes sweep Britain over falling living standards
- Tesla must allow workers to wear union insignia
- How your job can help you pay for having kids
- Michigan Chipotle is the chain’s first to unionize
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax 9.1.2022
- Judge Defers Ruling on Trump Special Master Request
- Also, Judge Cannon said she planned to make public a more detailed list of the materials taken by the FBI in its unprecedented search at Trump’s home last month. This, said the Wall Street Journal, opens up opportunities for a fuller sense of what might be among the seized classified materials. [Full Story]
- Raid on Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
- Trump Attorney Habba: DOJ Wanted to Sway Opinion With Photo | video
- Judge Defers Ruling on Trump Special Master Request
- Trump: Poll Numbers Have Soared Because of FBI Raid
- Dershowitz to Newsmax: DOJ Is ‘Cherry-Picking What They Release’ | video
- Comer: Mar-a-Lago Raid ‘Deep State at Its Worst’ | video
- Trump Motion Renews Special Master Call: ‘DOJ Will Impugn, Leak’
- DOJ Accuses Trump Team of Moving Classified Papers During Probe
- Trump: Why Release Picture of Secret Documents?
- Newsmax TV
- Waltz: House GOP Majority Will Probe Afghanistan Failures | video
- Reschenthaler: Oz Will Pull Out Pennsylvania Win | video
- Doug Mastriano: Empty Biden Resorts to Name-Calling | video
Florida AG Moody: Biden Admin at Odds With Border Patrol Claims | video
- Betsy DeVos: Biden Debt Forgiveness ‘Vote-Getting Ploy’ | video
- Graham: Biden Should Talk to VP About ‘Political Violence’ | video
- Van Drew: D.C. ‘Afraid’ of Trump | video
- Capitol Rioter Admits to Assaulting Police Officer During Capitol Breach
- A Capitol rioter on Thursday admitted to assaulting police officer Brian Sicknick during the Jan. 6, 2021, incident…. [Full Story]
- S&P 500 Snaps Four-Session Losing Streak With Payrolls on Deck
- The S&P 500 managed to eke out a slight gain on Thursday to snap a [Full Story]
- AFL-CIO Praises Biden as ‘Most Pro-Union President’
- The president of the country’s largest federation of labor unions on [Full Story]
- US: Russian Military Facing ‘Severe Manpower Shortages’
- The United States has determined that Russia is suffering “severe [Full Story]
- Kremlin: Putin Won’t Attend Gorbachev Funeral
- UN Inspectors Head to Ukraine Nuclear Plant Despite Fighting
- US Obtains Warrant to Seize Russian Energy Company’s Aircraft
- Yellen Warns of Failure to Agree on Russia Oil Price Cap
- Biden Reiterates Pledge to Israel PM: Iran Won’t Acquire Nuclear Weapon
- Report: Exiled Ukrainian Mayor’s Dire Warning for Russian ‘Collaborators’
- IAEA Head Ignores Gunfire to Visit Ukraine Nuclear Plant, Says Experts to Stay
- Brian Andersson to Newsmax: New York’s Concealed Carry Law Will Be Challenged
- New York’s new concealed carry law, which will allow gun-free zones [Full Story] | video
- Could NATO-Like Red State Alliance Work Against ‘Woke’ Incursion?
- With the tone and tenor of the Red State-Blue State divide in America [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- House GOP Seeks Meta’s FBI Contacts on Hunter Biden
- Thirty-five House Republicans want Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg to turn [Full Story]
- Michael Reagan to Newsmax: RIP Mikhail, ‘You’re Once Again With My Father’
- Michael Reagan, the son of former President Ronald Reagan, on [Full Story]
- Mikhail Gorbachev, Who Helped End Cold War, Dies at Age 91
- Flashback: Newsmax CEO Interviews Gorbachev on Reagan |video
- John Browne to Newsmax: Gorbachev Saw UK ‘Door’ to End Cold War |video
- Ric Grenell to Newsmax: ‘Putin Is No Gorbachev,’ ‘That’s a Big Problem’ |video
- Dick Morris to Newsmax: Putin’s Actions Could Sour Gorbachev’s Legacy |video
- John Gizzi: Remembering Mikhail Gorbachev
- Judge Defers Ruling on Trump Special Master Request
- After a hearing Thursday afternoon on former President Donald Trump’s [Full Story]
- Fetterman ‘Diligently’ Following Biden’s ‘Basement Strategy’ Playbook
- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. and Democrat candidate for Senate John [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- RNC Chair McDaniel: Oz, Not Fetterman Right for Pa.
- Patrick McEnroe to Newsmax: Serena Williams ‘Has a Chance’ to Win US Open
- Retired tennis player and ESPN commentator Patrick McEnroe told [Full Story] | video
- Trump Urges You to Read ‘The Return’: ‘Fantastic Analysis’
- Judge: Sen. Graham Ordered to Provide Limited Testimony in Georgia Election Probe
- A federal judge Thursday nixed the request from Sen. Lindsey Graham, [Full Story]
- Trump Hails Oz for Beating Back Dem Attack Like a ‘Good Politician’
- Pennsylvania GOP Senate nominee Dr. Mehmet Oz is becoming more than [Full Story]
- Trafalgar Poll: Generic Republican Leads Generic Democrat Candidate by 6 Points
- As Republicans look to retake Congress in November, a new Trafalgar [Full Story]
- Oath Keepers Attorney Arrested, Charged in Connection to Capitol Attack
- An attorney with close ties to the Oath Keepers was arrested Thursday [Full Story]
- President Zelenskyy Gives Greta Van Susteren Order of Merit Award
- Newsmax’s Greta Van Susteren is recipient of a special honor from [Full Story]
- Morgan Ortagus: Oz, McCormick ‘Showing Unity’ in Pa. Senate Race
- With the Pennsylvania Senate race heating up between Democrat Lt. [Full Story]
- Rubio: UN Committee Critical of Florida Law a ‘Joke’
- Marco Rubio, R-Fla., chided a United Nations committee for [Full Story]
- Trafalgar Poll: Herschel Walker Leads Dem Sen. Warnock
- Despite mainstream media narratives and polls suggesting Herschel [Full Story]
- IRS Demands Woman Pay $2M Over Money From Father Who Fled Nazis
- The IRS is demanding a Boston woman pay more than $2 million in [Full Story]
- Bishops Rebuke Conn. School Administrator for Anti-Catholic Bias
- Connecticut’s Catholic dioceses rebukeda public elementary school [Full Story]
- Video Report: US Navy Prevents Iran From Seizing Drone in Persian Gulf
- The U.S. Navy prevented Iran from seizing a maritime drone in the [Full Story] | video
- Republicans Blast Ranked-Choice Voting After House Defeat in Alaska
- Some Republicans are denouncing ranked-choice voting after a Democrat [Full Story]
- Committee Reaches Deal With Trump to Obtain Financial Records
- The House Oversight Committee on Thursday reached a deal with Donald [Full Story]
- Rick Scott: Trashing GOP Candidates ‘Treasonous to the Conservative Cause’
- Rick Scott, R-Fla., told Republicans who are criticizing the [Full Story]
- Video Report: Israeli Families of ’72 Munich Victims Want German Apology
- Germany has agreed to pay families of victims in the 1972 Munich [Full Story] | video
- Former Gillum Top Aides Behind Initiative to Legalize Marijuana
- Former top aides to disgraced Florida Democrat gubernatorial [Full Story]
- Report: Investor Peter Thiel Rebuffs McConnell Finance Request
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., called billionaire [Full Story]
- GOP Shifts Focus for Senate Midterm Elections
- Senate Republicans are pivoting on messaging and funding for [Full Story]
- Waterborne Diseases Spread Among Flood Victims in Pakistan
- Pakistani health officials on Thursday reported an outbreak of [Full Story]
- Diabetics: Try This Immediately If You Have High Blood Sugar (Watch)
- Diabetes Freedom
- More Newsfront
- Single-Family Homes Weigh on US Construction Spending
- S. construction spending declined further in July as rising mortgage rates weighed on single-family homebuilding, offsetting a rebound in outlays on public projects…. [Full Story]
- Chip Wreck: Nvidia Sinks Sector After US Restricts China Sales
- Fed Is Hoping August Hiring Report Will Show Slowdown
- ‘Cosmoss’: Supermodel Kate Moss Launches Wellness Brand
- Illumina Wins Case vs FTC on Grail Purchase
- More Finance
- CDC: US Life Expectancy Drops for Second Straight Year Due to COVID, Suicides
- Life expectancy fell in the United States in 2021 for the second year in a row to its lowest level since 1996, driven by COVID-19 deaths, according to provisional government data published on Wednesday. The nearly one-year decline from 2020 to 76.1 years marked the largest… [Full Story]
- White House: How About a COVID-19 Boost With That Flu Shot?
- Treatment Improves Cognition in Down Syndrome Patients
- Study: Processed Foods Raise Risk of Colon Cancer for Men
- ‘Beginning of the End’: Patients Hail New Treatment for Drug-Resistant TB
- NOTE 1: The chart above includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE 2: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE 3: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
- Note 4: some recent or related reports to the equities named above follow.
Manufactured Home Communities (a.k.a. ‘Mobile Home Parks’ – SIC) – Exploring UMH Properties; Fellow Manufactured Housing Institute Member Yes! Communities Suits and Settlements; plus MH Markets Updates
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.