On Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 3:44 PM, Ross Partrich at RHP Properties wrote MHProNews the following message via email. “The health and safety of our residents is a top priority for RHP Properties. The emergency water repair referenced in the Patch article was caused by a water leak that was quickly repaired and did not negatively impact the community’s water supply. Pinewood Estates regularly tests the water and is in full compliance with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
The Patch article has been updated. Thank you for the heads up.
Ross Partrich | Chief Executive Officer
RHP Properties is one of the largest portfolios of manufactured home communities in the U.S. Per their website: “The Nation’s Largest Private Owner and Operator of Manufactured Home Communities.”
Partrich was responding to the following inquiry from MHProNews/MHLivingNews to him.
From: L. A. “Tony” Kovach MHProNews/MHLivingNews
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2022 10:27 AM
To: Ross Partrich at RHP Properties
Subject: Ross, opportunity to react to mainstream media claims we plan to report
You are likely aware of these claims. Your website and Google reflect that this is an RHP/Bayshore location.
If you or a colleague want to provide a comment in reaction to the residents’ claims asserted in the report, by all means, please email it to me. We’re tentatively planning to report tomorrow, but it might be later in the week.
L. A. “Tony” Kovach
That article on about an RHP Properties location in the Patch out of New Jersey said the following. Note that the Patch articles by Veronica Fletcher shown do not mention RHP Propeties by name, but Partrich’s email confirms the connection, as do other information sources as noted. MHProNews contacted Fletcher about 20 hours before this article was drafted. She is not known to have responded as of 5:06 PM ET on 7.14.2022.
Politics & Government
Water Quality Issues Affect Barnegat Senior Community: Residents
Residents of a 55+ Barnegat mobile home park say they have had repeated issues with water quality for years.
Veronica Flesher, Patch Staff Posted Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 1:00 pm ET
BARNEGAT, NJ — Residents of a Barnegat mobile home park say that water quality issues plague their community.
Pinewood Estates, a 55-and-older manufactured home community, has had water issues for years, its residents said at a recent Township Committee meeting.
David Kruczek, a Pinewood Estates resident, said that nobody in the park knew about an emergency water repair at the park on a Saturday until they were given a boil water advisory on Monday. He said he was worried that this could threaten the lives of his neighbors.
“All of us are over 65, many of us pushing 95,” Kruczek said. “We’re drinking possibly contaminated water.”
Kruczek asked for some sort of notification system to prevent this from happening. Although Pinewood Estates is private property and not on the same water, “we’re citizens,” he said.
“If you have to call a plumber, make arrangements, schedule this stuff – you can’t send us a notify?” Kruczek said, questioning the emergent status of the repair.
Another longtime Pinewood Estates resident, Diane Grockenberger, said that the water report claimed that the water was perfect in 2021, but shared that for six and a half weeks early in 2021, the water was brown.
“There are so many issues in that park, it’s not even funny,” Grockenberger said.
She similarly shared fear of the water impacting the older residents.
Grockenberger also said that rents are changing in the park for new residents, without going through the Rent Leveling Board, and the management is blaming the township.
With all of the problems at Pinewood Estates, Grockenberger said she wants to talk to someone higher up than the township to look into things. She said she has been documenting issues for the past 17 years, adding that it may have to escalate to a class action suit, hitting more companies than just this.
“They don’t just do it to us,” Grockenberger said. “They do it all over.”
She voiced frustration over having to come before the committee repeatedly.
“Seventeen years, and we’re still drinking bad water,” Grockenberger said, adding that 17 years ago was when she first reached out to the township for help. “Seventeen years ago, and I’m still standing here, complaining about a water problem we’re having.”
She said the only time something gets done is when a member of the government reaches out to Pinewood Estates, adding that residents are fearful of management retaliation and harassment.
Mayor Alfonso Cirulli said that they were limited as to what they could do in the community, but said he would reach out and help how he could. ##
Additional Information with More MHProNews Analysis and Commentary
What Partrich referred to in his email as an update to MHProNews, shown at the top (above), is perhaps more accurately described as a new article by the same Patch author, on the same topic in the Patch at this link here. Illustrations and most other surrounding/linked items in the Patch article above or the one that follows have been omitted, but the text of that follow up item is posted below. Notice how similar Molly Boyle’s comments, identified below as a spokesperson for the RHP owned community in question, are to Partrich’s remarks emailed to MHProNews above.
No Water Issues In Barnegat Senior Community: Management
Residents of a 55+ Barnegat mobile home park said they have water issues, but the property’s management said no issues have been found.
Veronica Flesher, Patch Staff
Posted Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 12:55 pm ET
BARNEGAT, NJ — The management of Barnegat’s Pinewood Estates said that the mobile home park has no issues with water quality.
Pinewood Estates shared a statement with Patch after a recent Barnegat Township Committee meeting where two residents of the 55-and-older community shared concerns about water quality.
“The health and safety of residents is a top priority for Pinewood Estates,” Molly Boyle, a spokesperson for Pinewood Estates, told Patch.
The recent emergency water repair in the community, brought up at the meeting by one resident, “was caused by a water leak that was quickly repaired and did not negatively impact the community’s water supply,” Boyle said.
At the meeting, another resident shared concerns about water quality, claiming to have issues with the water previously. Pinewood Estates takes water safety very seriously, Boyle said.
“Pinewood Estates regularly tests the water and is in full compliance with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection,” Boyle said. ##
MHProNews sent a follow-up inquiry to Partrich with related issues and concerns. The text of that email is shown below.
|from:||L. A. Tony Kovach MHProNews/MHLivingNews|
|to:||Ross Partrich @ RHP.com|
|date:||Jul 13, 2022, 9:25 AM|
|subject:||Ross, Follow up Re: Ross, opportunity to react to mainstream media claims we plan to report|
Thanks for your emailed remarks. As a follow up, the following. To my knowledge, your firm – RHP Properties – has long been a member of the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) and its National Communities Council (NCC). If that status has changed, please advise.
That said, since the latter part of the summer of 2019, the MHI/NCC has said they require members to abide by and “subscribe to” their Code of Ethical Conduct, see their document linked here.
That MHI/NCC Code of Ethical Conduct includes the following stated standards, among others.
- “Members agree to engage in conduct and actions that promote and enhance the public image of manufactured housing and land lease manufactured housing communities.”
- “Members agree to promote positive customer and resident relations as an essential responsibility.”
- “Members agree to engage in conduct that respects the interests of customers, residents, vendors, and the general public regarding the manufactured housing industry and manufactured housing community lifestyle.”
Re: the following Questions from MHProNews/MHLivingNews. As before, please email your reply for our mutual accuracy in communications and reporting. You can reply below each question, or provide a memo that lists these questions and you firm’s response to each of the numbered inquiries. There are no word limits. Illustrations are welcome.
Q1) Has anyone on behalf of MHI/NCC ever contacted your firm with any concerns about a news media or other reports about RHP Properties resident complaints that seem to violate the MHI/NCC Code of Ethical Conduct standards?
Q2) According to a MHI affiliated state association source to MHProNews, there are no known examples of MHI/NCC taking any action whatsoever with respect to any apparent violation of their so-called Code of Conduct. Are you personally aware of any MHI/NCC action against any firm that is a current or prior MHI/NCC member? If so, can you provide details about the alleged concerns and action taken?
Q3) You said that “The health and safety of our residents is a top priority for RHP Properties.” Are economic threats to residents a health or safety issue? Aren’t aggressive site fee and other cost increases at RHP Properties a concern often cited by various RHP Properties residents in communications to media and public officials? Please address their concerns.
Lastly, please confirm that this is the ‘update’ by the Patch that you referred to in your message.
We plan to report on 7.14.2022. A reply from you or other appointed spokesperson on behalf of RHP Properties by close of business today is valued. Thank you.
No further response from Partrich or others with his firm are known to have occurred as of 7.14.2022 at 5:12 AM.
Seemingly Related Information, Reports and Commentary on Partrich, MHI/NCC
There are two types of news stories that appear to be the most common about RHP Properties. A) Resident complaint related and B) acquisitions of new properties.
The Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) has routinely declined comment about concerns related to their so-called code of ethical conduct which can be found on their website and at this link here. Other troubling issues related to MHI/NCC member firms that appear to be in violation of their ‘ethics code’ include the following.
FeganScott Class Action v Manufactured Housing Institute Member ELS: “Announces Investigation into Equity LifeStyle Properties for Widespread, Chronic Neglect of Mobile Home Properties Across U.S.” – plus MHMarket Updates
‘Mobile Home Residents Ask for Relief as Conglomerates Buy up Parks’-Reports Mix of Accurate, Inaccurate Claims Beg Correct Manufactured Housing Institute Response, MHI’s Ethics Code; plus MHStock Update
Darren Krolewski, MHVillage-MHInsider ‘One Challenge is Not Enough Positive News About Manufactured Housing to Counter Negative’ News; Frank Rolfe, Brad Nelms ManufacturedHomes, George Allen, Kurt Kelley, Sunday Headlines Review – Facts & Analysis
Given a widely expected shift in Washington, D.C. what the next Congress should take up is a broad probe of what has gone wrong in the manufactured housing marketplace, and what role so-called ‘predatory’ firms and their apparent mouthpiece – MHI – plays in it. Should RHP or MHI provide a further response to these topics, MHProNews/MHLivingNews will plan a follow up. ##
Next up is our daily business news recap of yesterday evening’s market report, related left-right headlines, and manufactured housing connected equities.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left leaning CNN and Right-leaning (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has been evolving over time, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. For instance. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ news items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 7.13.2022
- Prices spike
- A woman shops at a grocery store in the Brooklyn borough of New York, the United States, on June 10, 2022.
- Here’s what’s getting more expensive at the grocery store
- 3 reasons not to panic about decades-high inflation
- LIVE UPDATES Fed official on even bigger rate hikes: ‘Everything is in play’
- Inflation surged by 9.1% in June, driven by record gas prices
- What can Biden actually do about inflation? History is a guide
- Bill Ackman will repay investors $4 billion after his SPAC fails
- Delta earnings fall far short of expectations due to high fuel costs
- Heat wave threatens power shortages and higher pork prices in China
- Opinion: The Supreme Court’s EPA decision is a wake-up call. Congress must act now
- Elon Musk’s politics trigger strong reactions from Tesla customers
- Why requiring workers to spend more days in the office could backfire
- Google becomes the latest tech giant to slow hiring
- Starbucks is closing 16 stores over safety concerns
- How a Chinese tycoon imploded the nickel market — and pocketed billions
- What the heck happened to the Gap?
- Champagne bottle sells for record $2.5 million
- The Jeep Wrangler plug-in hybrid just outsold all of Toyota’s plug-ins combined
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax 7.13.2022
- Biden’s HHS: Pharmacies Required to Fill Abortion Drug Prescriptions
- Russian Invasion of Ukraine
- Ukraine Uses Advanced Western Artillery to Strike Russian Air-Defense Unit
- Ukraine Rules Out Ceding Territory to Russia to Secure Peace
- Gazprom Casts Doubt on Pipeline’s Quick Return to Full Flow
- Video Report: Russia, Ukraine, and Turkey Meet on Agricultural Exports | video
- Kremlin Hopes Biden Will Not Seek to Turn Saudi Arabia Against Russia
- US, Allies Aim to Cap Russian Oil Prices
- Minister: Ukraine Needs Assurances to Resume Grain Exports
- Some Ukrainians Won’t Flee Areas Caught in Crosshairs of War
- More Russian Invasion of Ukraine
- Newsmax TV
- Ohio AG Yost: Be Outraged Over Girl’s Rape, Not Abortion Trip | video
- Bolton to Newsmax: ‘Snowflakes’ Don’t Get What’s Necessary to Defend US | video
- Comer: Biden’s Family Profited With ‘Our Adversaries’ | video
- Dick Morris: GOP, Trump Must Follow Dem Playbook on Voters | video
- Daines: Biden, Dems Want Higher Taxes as Recession Looms | video
- Hice: Professors’ Map Gives ‘Hit List’ of Pregnancy Centers | video
- Peter Navarro: ‘Compromised’ Biden Policies Good for China, Bad for US | video
- Paul: Biden Begging Saudis for Oil Makes US Look Foolish, Weak | video
- 83 House Dems Urge Biden to Declare Abortion Emergency
- A total of 83 House Democrats sent a letter to President Biden asking him to declare a public health emergency for abortion access. These are members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, who are set to meet with HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra today…. [Full Story]
- Boris Johnson Suggests He May Step Down Sooner Than Expected
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Wednesday suggested that his [Full Story]
- Tennessee Parents Group Sues County Over Critical Race Theory Teachings
- A Tennessee parents group filed a lawsuit challenging curriculum it [Full Story]
- Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s decision to charge a bodega [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Video Report: New Yorkers Predict Inflation After Historic Inflation Spike
- On Wednesday’s “American Agenda,” Mike Carter asked New Yorkers for [Full Story]
- Newsmax Holding Key Debate for Arizona Senate Hopefuls
- Newsmax will host a debate with Arizona Republican candidates for the [Full Story]
- Video Report: Smuggled Migrants Caught After 4 Days in the Desert
- Newsmax’s Jaeson Jones describes the scene along the Mexico and [Full Story] | video
- Biden’s Middle East Trip Provides Abraham Accords Opportunity
- While President Joe Biden may be largely focused on lowering gas [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Man Arrested for Rape of Ohio Girl,10, Who Crossed State Lines for Abortion
- A 27-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly impregnating a [Full Story]
- Judge Rejects Amber Heard’s Request to Set Aside Depp Win
- A Virginia judge on Wednesday rejected an effort by actress Amber [Full Story]
- Tinder’s Parent Company Expands Background Checks to More Dating Apps
- Tinders parent company has expanded background checks to more dating [Full Story]
- HHS: Pharmacies Must Fill Abortion Drug Prescriptions
- The Biden administration said on Wednesday that refusing to fill [Full Story]
- Some Dems Touting California Gov. Newsom for President in ’24
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s unabashed and outspoken progressivism [Full Story]
- Video Report: Russia, Ukraine, and Turkey Meet on Agricultural Exports
- Officials from Russia, Ukraine, and Turkey are set to meet with [Full Story] | video
- Former Trump Admin Official: Biden Must Discuss Iran on Middle East Trip
- A former Trump administration official has warned President Joe Biden [Full Story]
- Trump: ‘Radical Left Democrats’ Causing Runaway Inflation
- Former President Donald Trump on Wednesday blamed “Radical Left [Full Story]
- Video Report: Latinos Blast Jill Biden for Comparing Hispanic Community to Tacos
- Newsmax reporter Leonardo Feldman asked Hispanic voters for their [Full Story] | video
- Bradley Cooper Dating Ex-wife of Disgraced Former Congressman
- Actor Bradley Cooper is in a relationship with Huma Abedin, former wife [Full Story]
- Report: Cassidy Hutchinson Asked Senior Trump Officials for Help After Jan. 6 Committee Subpoena
- Report: Cassidy Hutchinson Asked Senior Trump Officials for Help After Jan. 6 Committee Subpoena
- The Jan. 6 committee’s star witness, Cassidy Hutchinson, went to [Full Story]
- Harrison Ford a Real-Life Hero
- Harrison Ford is a real-life hero who has helped a number of [Full Story]
- Church of England Says There Is ‘No Official Definition’ of a Woman
- According to the Church of England, there is “no official [Full Story]
- Ahead of Saudi Visit, White House Signals COVID Requires Biden to Avoid Handshakes
- President Joe Biden will seek to reduce direct contact, such as [Full Story]
- UK Conservatives Cast Votes in 1st Round of Leadership Race
- Conservative Party lawmakers in Britain are casting ballots Wednesday [Full Story]
- Ukraine Uses Advanced Western Artillery to Strike Russian Air-Defense Unit
- In another example of how long-range artillery sent by the West to [Full Story]
- Abbott Needs $1B More to Fund Texas’ Border Security Initiative
- Texas will need $1.35 billion more to keep thousands of National [Full Story]
- US Inflation Spikes to 9.1 Percent Amid High Gas Prices
- S. consumer prices accelerated to 9.1% in June as gas and food [Full Story]
- Russia’s Deepening Ties With Iran Represents a ‘Profound Threat’: White House
- Russian President Vladimir Putin’s attempts to deepen ties with Iran [Full Story]
- John Bolton Admits to Planning Attempted Foreign Coups
- John Bolton, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and [Full Story]
- Trump Claps Back: Musk Would Have Dropped to His Knees to Beg
- Former President Donald Trump fired the latest salvo in the social [Full Story]
- Now There Are 8: UK Leader Field Slims as Nominations Close
- Nominations in the race to replace British Prime Minister Boris [Full Story]
- Justice Department Forms Reproductive Rights Task Force Amid Roe Fallout
- The Department of Justice announced the formation of a Reproductive [Full Story]
- US Inflation Spikes to 9.1 Percent Amid High Gas Prices
- U.S. consumer prices accelerated to 9.1% in June as gas and food costs remained elevated, resulting in the largest annual increase in inflation in 40-1/2 years and cementing the case for the Fed to hike interest rates by 75 basis points later this month…. [Full Story]
- Netflix Names Microsoft as Partner for Ad-supported Subscription Plan
- Hot Inflation Fuels Bets on Super-sized July Fed Rate Hike
- Elon Musk: SpaceX Booster ‘Probably’ Returning After Explosion
- Panasonic to Build Tesla EV Battery Plant in Kansas
- More Finance
- Adding Salt to Your Meals Lowers Life Expectancy By Two Years
- People who douse their meals in salt may have a shorter life than those who rarely reach for the salt shaker, a large new study suggests. The study, of more than 500,000 British adults, found that those who always sprinkled salt on their food at the table were 28% more…… [Full Story]
- Lupus Patients Half As Likely to Get COVID After Booster Shot
- Study: Anxiety Passed From Parent to Child
- Coronaviruses Can Survive on Frozen Meat for a Month
- World’s First Malaria Shot Not Reaching Millions of Children Who Need it
MHProNews has pioneered in our profession several reporting elements that keep our regular and attentive readers as arguably the best informed in the manufactured housing industry. Among the items shared after ‘every business day’ (when markets are open) is our left-right headline recap summary. At a glance in two to three minutes, key ‘market moving’ news items are covered from left-of-center CNN Business and right-of-center Newsmax. “We Provide, You Decide.” © Additionally, MHProNews provides expert commentary and analysis on the issues that others can’t or won’t cover that help explain why manufactured housing has been underperforming during the Berkshire era while an affordable housing crisis and hundreds of thousands of homeless in America rages on. These are “Industry News, Tips, and Views Pros Can Use” © features and others made and kept us the runaway #1 in manufactured housing trade publisher for a dozen years and counting.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
Manufactured Home Communities (a.k.a. ‘Mobile Home Parks’ – SIC) – Exploring UMH Properties; Fellow Manufactured Housing Institute Member Yes! Communities Suits and Settlements; plus MH Markets Updates
‘Announcing!’ ‘Manufactured Community Owners’ Association of America’ ‘Finally Bringing Fight To Manufactured Home Community Sector of the Industry’ – plus Sunday Weekly Manufactured Housing Headlines Review
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing and have completed over a dozen years of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 12+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.