On both sides of the left-right media divide, there are accusations periodically hurled between competitors. Perhaps that is to be expected. The reality is that there is often truth found on either side of the media, political, business or other divides. Thus accurate discernment becomes a relevant issue.
On September 23, 2019, MHProNews published a report on the Arabella Advisors. The significance for that will be part of the ‘featured focus’ further report below that deals with the perennial headline topic.
Periodic readers of this business-nightly feature should note there are new tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Disney shakeup
- Bob Iger steps down as CEO of the Walt Disney Company. Bob Chapek replaces him
- Investors are running for cover. Can stocks bounce back?
- Investment banking revenue hasn’t been this weak since 2008
- Biotech company says its coronavirus vaccine is ready for initial tests
- Jamie Dimon had a dream that coronavirus killed Davos attendees
- These 26 words ‘created the internet.’ The US is coming for them
- P&G’s new cleaning brand disinfects without wiping
- Apple Watches and iPhones could detect a leading cause of strokes
- Coca-Cola could be in tight supply of artificial sweetener
- Jif settles the great debate with a GIF peanut butter jar
- Here’s how a new labor rule could make things tougher for millions of employees
- Are you really cut out to be a manager?
- A security guard wears protective clothing as a preventive measure against the COVID-19 coronavirus as he stands at the entrance of a restaurant in Beijing on February 25, 2020.
- Dow plunges 1,900 points in two days as coronavirus fears build
- These startups raised billions and then laid off thousands. Workers are shocked
- An employee stocks refrigerated food during a tour of a new Amazon Go store in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- This is Amazon’s newest grocery store concept
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- ‘Disruption to everyday life might be severe’: CDC warns Americans to prepare for coronavirus outbreak in US
- The announcement signals a change in tone for the CDC, which had largely been focused on efforts to stop the virus from entering the country and quarantining individuals traveling from China.
- US doesn’t have enough masks amid growing virus threat: Health Sec. Azar
- Goldman, Citi respond to coronavirus by restricting travel
- Why coronavirus could be a pandemic, even if the WHO won’t call it one
- Coronavirus outbreak intensifies recession worries
- Disney names Bob Chapek new CEO; Iger to chair board through 2021
- Dow tanks nearly 900 points as CDC sounds alarm on coronavirus
- Apple warns shareholders of coronavirus precautions ahead of annual meeting
- Natural gas is crushing wind and solar power — why isn’t anyone talking about it?
- Walmart throws down the gauntlet in new challenge to Amazon
- Who is Weinstein’s ex, Georgina Chapman?
- Mike Bloomberg’s Wall Street exec girlfriend sounds off on 2020 Dems
- Weinstein contributed to ‘every’ Democrat candidate: Hillary Clinton
- Cuba selling used cars for 1st time
- Marijuana use skyrockets among older Americans
- READ IT: Tom Brady’s heartbreaking message about Kobe Bryant
- Kudlow predicts how coronavirus will hit America’s GDP
- These 2020 presidential candidates spent the most money on food
- Katie Holmes sells Calabasas home for $4M
- Bambi, rejoice: Disney going meatless
- California grape glut creates cheaper wine prices
- Costco may launch strict membership requirement for its popular food court
- Hot Pockets heiress in cheating scandal staring down prison sentence
- Expedia slashing 3,000 jobs as top exec slams ‘all life, no work’ culture
- Single Americans owning a home reaches highest level in 100 years
- Apple engineer killed in Tesla crash was playing game on smartphone: NTSB
- Renters take advantage of co-living trend in urban markets
- How much it costs to party at Mardi Gras
- What’s fueling ‘radical optimism’ about home-buying prospects
- IHOP celebrates National Pancake Day, expects to serve 5 million of them
- Buttigieg courts high-tax states with SALT cap removal plan
- 39 states to investigate Juul’s marketing impact on kids
- McDonald’s auctions off outrageously expensive Shamrock Shake memorabilia
- Juul about to make it much harder for teens to vape
- Government limits companies’ liability for labor law violations
- Home prices rise in December on low rates, inventory
- During India trip, Trump touts ‘tremendous progress’ toward countries signing trade deal
- Nestle, Starbucks expect coffee alliance to boost growth
- Senior citizens getting ‘Bachelor’-style dating show
- Netflix rolling out new ‘Top 10’ feature
- Varney: Coronavirus an economic, political, health challenge
- Philadelphia penthouse selling for $32M
- Iran official running anti-coronavirus task force tests positive for virus
- WATCH: Amazon opens first full-size grocery store with no cashiers, cash
- Trump defends $2.5 billion coronavirus request amid blowback from Dems
- Data breaches and their main causes
- Democrats unload on Bernie Sanders in likely debate preview
- What is TikTok?
- American Airlines, Qatar revive revenue-splitting deal after feud
- JPMorgan halts financing for Arctic drilling amid clean-energy push
- Apple, J&J to study if Apple Watch app leads to lower stroke risk
- Taco Bell expands potato chip line with cheddar crisps
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
MHProNews has previously noted concerns over arguably problematic reports by others in the industry. This is notably associated with those who are aligned with the Omaha-Knoxville-Arlington axis narrative.
There are publications and websites that range from ugly to slick. While there is a tendency in human nature to ‘judge the book by the cover,’ appearances alone should not be a reason to discount a source. That said, an ugly looking source in our industry often happens to have arguably weaponized or ugly content. But among the slickest looking websites is one that is also purportedly problematic content, but it is viewed so little, that it begs the question: why are the powers that be investing so much money into content that is by their own data claims being viewed so little?
One purported answer is troubling. It involves a claim that the items are designed in part for investors and/or regulators to consider – in which case, it may be misleading them in a variety of ways. So, from time to time, it is worth looking at what industry professionals are reading, at what levels of engagement and how does that compare to other ‘similar’ resources based upon known evidence. Here is the engagement on two recent articles on MHI alligned MHInsider.
A reasonably definitive view of traffic and data comparisons is found at this link below. It is a publication that itself has said partners with the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) and has featured their staff as writers.
As noted in the teaser at the top of tonight’s feature, on September 23, 2019, MHProNews published a report on the Arabella Advisors. Per Webalizer, in the month of February, as of the date and time shown, an article that is 5 month-old has had some 3x more hits this month than both of the MHInsider articles spotlighted above had total views in this same month. Rephrased, their engagement with industry professionals is shockingly low, per their own viewer data. Let’s compare that to engagement on not our top articles, but on our #250th ranked MHProNews linked report.
Rank Hits URL or web address
This next MHProNews article was published on August 2, 2019. It has had 10 more hits than the one shown above. What these data points logically reflect is this. Readers on MHProNews are not only reading current reports, but they are diving deeper into archived reports that are months or even years old. Typos aside, the engagement level on our website is an objective measure for how superior readers find our content or information and analysis to be.
Rank Hits URL or web address
The hottest single read this month on MHProNews is the top article below, and has over 68,000 hits. As noted, it is frankly an unusually high hit count. But that is likely because of the topic and headline, which hits numbers of hot buttons in MHVille.
The top 12 most read articles in February 2020 – noting again that these are all from a single cPanel and there are over a dozen others – are as shown below.
As of the data and time shown, engagement by the typical visitor in February 2020 is 5.39 pages per visit. There are well over 2 million visits per year on MHProNews, per Webalizer data. In a boutique industry, it is an astonishing engagement rate.
Our thanks to readers and those who make our reports possible. Thanks too for those who provide news tips.
Team work has made and kept MHProNews the runaway most-read professional news, tips and views resource in all of manufactured housing. Nothing else that claims to be in the same niche even comes close.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.