With results from problem plagued Iowa caucuses largely known and the New Hampshire primary clear, the first stage of the Democratic race to see who that party’s nominee will be for 2020 is coming into focus. Given some of the policy proposals would certainly have significant impacts on not only manufactured home companies but also investing in general, this evening seemed an apt time to make that our featured focus for tonight.
Periodic readers of this business-nightly feature should note there are new tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- A Wawa convenience store in Philadelphia, PA, October 2018.
- Wawa goes after the dinner crowd with burgers and chicken sandwiches
- The electric pickup wars are about to begin
- Stocks are near record highs, but people are still not investing
- Warren Buffett adds Kroger to his investing shopping cart
- Facebook, Dollar General, Alaska Air and more stocks to love
- Many small businesses in China may not survive the coronavirus outbreak
- Renault’s profit plunged 99% last year. Nissan was only partly to blame
- Opinion: Samsung and other smartphone makers need to focus on solving new problems, not old ones
- Game over for HQ Trivia
- Facebook’s latest experimental app looks a lot like Pinterest
- The Apple Watch outsold the entire Swiss watch industry in 2019
- Inside the Washington Examiner’s climate of ‘workplace terror and bullying’
- International Airport on July 12, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. Delta announced today that it will increase fares by reducing the supply of seats in an effort to offset higher fuel prices.
- Delta burns tons of jet fuel – but says it’s on track to be carbon neutral. What?
- Bob Moore, founder and president of Bob's Red Mill.
- This ex-CEO is still working in his 90s and loving it
- H&M is the latest to jump on the black celebrity fashion collaboration craze
- Rihanna’s lingerie line accused of duping customers
- Prada agrees to diversify its workforce
- Louis Vuitton’s new restaurant in Japan
- Vera Bradley wants to make paisley cool again
- REAL ESTATE BINGE
- Amazon and Blue Origin founder Jeff Bezos provides the keynote address at the Air Force Association's Annual Air, Space & Cyber Conference in Oxen Hill, MD, on September 19, 2018. (Photo credit should read JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images)
- Jeff Bezos just dropped $165 million on a new mansion
- How to sell your ‘ugly’ house when no one is biting
- The crackdown on secret real estate listings
- Home renovations that are worth the cost
- Why people are buying vacation homes before a first home
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Oil collapse over coronavirus fears overdone
- A strong US economy could pump up oil demand this year, depsite the coronavirus.
- United flight temporarily quarantined after passengers report virus symptoms
- Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway reveals massive stake in America’s biggest grocer
- One of Warren Buffett’s worst investments dealt another massive blow
- Trump’s tax cuts 2.0 could include this retirement savings perk
- Coronavirus forces shut down of Fiat Chrysler plant that builds the 500L
- Coronavirus fears shouldn’t prevent Chinese restaurant patronage, says NYC mayor
- The biggest financial risk no one wants to talk about
- Disgraced lawyer Avenatti found guilty on all counts in Nike extortion case
- NY lawmakers look to amend tax break programs after Amazon HQ2 meltdown
- Alex Rodriguez potential buyer for the troubled New York Mets
- Prosecutors’ devastating closing argument in Harvey Weinstein rape trial
- 27% of workers admit to indulging in the ultimate work-life mix taboo
- 401(k), IRA millionaires hit a record
- WeWork’s ex-CEO Adam Neumann lists $37.5M NYC penthouse
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company makes major breakthrough in Las Vegas
- IAC’s Angie’s List wants to help clueless homeowners
- Dentists sound alarm on home teeth-straightening company
- Delta making massive investment to tackle the ugliest problem with flying
- Forget money, research finds this is the key to happiness
- Woman in viral airplane seat-punching video reportedly threatened with arrest
- DNC ‘intimately involved’ in doomed app that sparked Iowa caucus chaos
- Miami Boat Show brings luxury to the seas
- Who started Chick-fil-A?
- Coronavirus called ‘black swan event’ — what does that mean?
- Ray Dalio’s Connecticut education partnership under fire over executive pay: Report
- Ronda Rousey lands Facebook Gaming streaming deal
- PG&E says Valentine’s Day metallic balloons could be dangerous
- Uber tests toll-free number to book a ride
- States reject $18 billion offer from drug companies to settle opioid lawsuits
- Trump-backed Medicaid work requirement rejected by US appeals court
- Varney: Health care can sink Democrats’ White House ambitions
- How much does Cameron Diaz earn?
- United pushes back Boeing 737 Max jets’ return date
- Burger King making tasty Valentine’s Day offer — in exchange for your ex
- SEE PICS: Montana Mel Gibson ranch hits market for $30 million
- They’re lovin’ it: How much money McDonald’s gobbles up
- Subway stores say footlong promotion is baloney, take cold cuts at corporate
- Ronda Rousey lands Facebook Gaming streaming deal
- Looking for love? These are the best (and worst) states to be in
- The financial trait that could kill your chances of ever getting married
- Is Huawei technology secure?
- Coronavirus won’t delay Tokyo Olympics, says WHO
- How much money Novak Djokovic earns
- Apple-fixing shops: Tech giant breaks ‘right to repair’ promise for iPhone parts, tools
- Europe’s biggest economy grinds to halt as manufacturing slumps, exports fall
- Cold cuts iced: Organic brands slicing deli meat sales
- Billions of conversation hearts fueling sweet market
- IAC’s Match.com spinoff fueled by singles looking for love
- Marijuana producer loses $94 million as expenses drag
- UFC doling out $300M to celeb investors amid fighters’ underpayment complaints: Report
- GOP lawmaker slams California pension fund defense of Chinese ties as ‘oblivious’
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Media Fact Check Bias says that the Morning Consult is the “least biased” news source. That said, the operations they “partner” with are all left-of-center outlets. FiveThirtyEight says they rate the Morning Consult a B- on their accuracy.
That said, after winning in a crowded field in New Hampshire last week, the Morning Consult poll said the following.
- 29% of Democratic primary voters back Sen. Bernie Sanders, up 4 points since before the N.H. primary.
- 17% say Joe Biden has the best chance of beating President Trump in 2020, down 12 points from before Tuesday’s result.
“Following his narrow victory in New Hampshire’s Democratic presidential primary — his second successive strong showing in the party’s first nominating contests — Sen. Bernie Sanders opened up a double-digit lead over former Vice President Joe Biden and entrenched himself as the best-positioned candidate heading into next week’s Nevada caucuses,” said the Morning Consult.
Their polling produced the following results summarized in the 3 graphics above and below.
Despite Senator Amy Klobuchar (MN-D) 3rd place finish in New Hampshire, a variety of sources say that her campaign lacks sufficient resources and ‘the ground game’ to sustain at this point. Unless there is a serious infusion of cash fast, it is likely she will fade.
While Senator Elizabeth Warren is in certain was better positioned, her poor fourth place finish after her steady slide in the polls for weeks also leaves the growing likelihood that she too will not make it another 60 days.
Former Vice President Joe Biden was embarrassed both in Iowa and in New Hampshire. He could do well in South Carolina, but if he fails to win there, his campaign is all but done. That fits with what we’ve said for over a year, no matter how ‘likeable’ Biden seems to some, he has no energy around his campaign. With funding shrinking, the handwriting is likely on the wall.
The Washington Post said today that Former South Bend Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg is likely to struggle with black voters but may do well with Hispanics. That’s tantamount to saying his campaign is over, no matter how well funded he may be. Without the strong support of African American voters and the other elements of the so-called “Obama coalition,” the odds of a Democrat doing well in the general election against an incumbent President Trump who is riding his best polling and a good economy is thin.
It could come down on the Democratic side to Senator Sanders or former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Billionaire Bloomberg is taking incoming from an array of Democratic sources over problematic statements made about blacks involving “stop and frisk.” Then, vexing statements about red-lining and minorities emerged.
So while funding and not being Bernie are the strong points for Bloomberg, it looks like a two person race could be taking shape within roughly a month. Time will tell, stay tuned.
Team Trump has acknowledged that Senator Sanders could be the toughest to beat because that campaign has actual energy. But picturing a self-proclaimed socialist running the general election against a surging President Trump – while an epic contest politically – one would think that the odds would favor the 45th president. Given increased appeal among minorities over 2016, some Democratic strategists are getting nervous.
Unfortunately for the industry, the post-production side of the industry is arguably a mess for reasons detailed in the following reports. At the very time the industry should be rising, it suffered a shipment downturn. While some are trying to spin the facts, the data speaks for itself. To learn more, see the related reports.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.