A Democratic consultant has told MHProNews that if Sanders wrestles the nomination by winning the required number of delegates, then billionaire and former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg (D) will back Sanders against President Donald J. Trump in the 2020 general election. On a night when President Trump is making a campaign rally in New Hampshire, and some sources say former VP Joe Biden could finish 5th in the Granite State’s primary tomorrow, the insider insights into campaign donations by top CEOs for the 2020 cycle will be our featured focus tonight.
Periodic readers of this business-nightly feature should note there are new tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Aiming for the moon – Trump seeks billions more for NASA to get US astronauts on the moon by 2024
- The S&P 500 is really the S&P 5. Big tech dominates the index
- Schick owner drops purchase of Harry’s
- So you want to legalize cannabis? Some dos and don’ts from the experts
- Amazon wants Trump to testify in battle over $10 billion Pentagon contract
- How China’s companies are trying to get back to business
- Popeyes’ chicken sandwich sends sales through the roof
- Food prices are soaring in China over the coronavirus and swine fever
- Longtime GE bear says Larry Culp ‘saved’ the iconic company
- Oscars brings in the lowest ratings in show’s history
- Facebook is lame and you should delete it, Elon Musk says
- Black News Channel has arrived
- Samsung unexpectedly shows off the Galaxy Z Flip
- Opinion: Think 5G is exciting? Just wait for 6G
- This man says he’s stockpiling billions of our photos
- A METEORIC RISE
- Tesla’s insane rally already rivals some of the biggest bubbles in recent history
- Why Tesla isn’t in the S&P 500
- Elon Musk’s car company proves its haters wrong
- Tesla posts first annual profit
- Analyst: We see good things happening with Tesla
- REAL ESTATE
- How to sell your ‘ugly’ house when no one is biting
- Will living in this mansion improve your health?
- Home renovations that are worth the cost
- Thinking of buying a home in 2020? Read this first
- Why people are buying vacation homes — before they’ve even bought a first home
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Slack halts trading after stock goes wild on news of massive IBM deal
- The team at D.A. Davidson says the deal, if accurate, would be worth an estimated $35 million and is significant because it shows the company “can scale.”
- Stocks break new records as coronavirus panic clears and big tech surges
- Coronavirus may whack New York, California luxury real estate markets
- Embattled Theranos founder Holmes comes out swinging in blockbuster trial
- Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes arrives at San Jose court
- Elizabeth Holmes: 5 things to know
- Casino confirms norovirus outbreak that left hundreds of people sick
- AOC completely clueless about ‘bootstrapping’ — But she should know better
- Is single-family home ownership under attack?
- XFL posts solid TV ratings, attendance for kickoff weekend
- Documentary shows shocking corruption, child labor in cosmetics biz
- Americans collecting Social Security are about to see their checks get bigger
- Free porn offered to quarantined coronavirus cruise passengers
- Tom Brady spotted in New York as rumors swirl about NFL future
- The truth about Bill Gates’ rumored $644M green-powered superyacht
- Who is Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend Lauren Sanchez?
- Amateur porn video could shutter gas station
- Subway’s massive HQ layoffs spark city to launch job fair
- Oscars ratings collapse to all-time low
- This is only candidate to top Trump in survey of small business owners
- Walmart shooting leaves 2 officers wounded, gunman dead
- How to start preparing for your most financially dangerous decade
- The most expensive items at supermarkets
- What is Anne Hathaway’s net worth?
- Barstool Sports stake squeezes Penn National shorts
- Amazon wants to depose Trump over $10B Pentagon contract
- Elon Musk doubles as solar salesman
- Joaquin Phoenix’s Oscars speech slamming cow’s milk sparks backlash from dairy industry
- Biden insists campaign is raising ‘half a million dollars a day’ despite Iowa ‘gut punch’
- Prosecutors hit back at Lori Loughlin’s allegations: We can’t ‘time travel’
- Bikram Choudhury’s luxury cars to be auctioned off to pay alleged sexual assault victims
- How coronavirus is making 5G race harder for US
- What is Celine Dion’s net worth?
- How did Kylie Jenner become a billionaire?
- Latest New Hampshire poll shows one Dem with narrow lead, another surging
- Credit scores rise with timely payments — but there’s one important exception
- New York sues Trump administration over Global Entry fight
- They found some clothes: Pornhub stars walk runway at New York fashion show
- Ex-NFL player Matthew Cherry used Kickstarter to fund Oscar-winning ‘Hair Love’
- President of flight attendants union says employees are at breaking point
- Tom Steyer vows to change minimum wage if elected
- Put your shades on: NASA giving us view of sun like we’ve never seen before
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. wins Daytona 500 pole at ferocious speed
- The Democrat who faces real danger without strong New Hampshire finish
- Varney: New Hampshire will be a direct clash of enthusiasm, party unity
- Defense, debt forgiveness, border wall: Inside Trump’s proposed $4.8T budget
- ‘Tesla of China’ warns coronavirus to snarl business
- British Airways flight zips from New York to London in record time
- SEE PICS: ‘SVU’ star Mariska Hargitay penthouse listed for $13.5M
- Popeyes chicken sandwich drives sales surge, Restaurant Brands’ quarterly beat
- Gas prices continuing downward slide
- The generation who spends the most money on Valentine’s Day
- How much it really costs to eat organic
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
A Democratic consultant today told MHProNews that they see a path for Senator Bernie Sanders (VT-I, and self-proclaimed Democratic Socialist) winning the Democratic nomination for that party’s 2020 presidential candidate. If so, said that Democratic consultant, billionaire Mike Bloomberg has ‘committed’ to supporting Democratic nominee, regardless of who that may be.
When asked for evidence to their claim, the source cited reports on left-of-center Mediate and right-of-center Fox Business for most of that consultant’s statements. Additionally, the consultant said that a few days later, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) announced that Mike Bloomberg would be admitted to upcoming Democratic debates.
MHProNews said approaching a year ago that former Vice President Joe Biden didn’t have what was necessary to win the Democratic nomination for president. Later, word leaked out that former President Barack Obama told Biden, “Joe, you don’t have to do this” – meaning, run for the presidency. Each of Biden’s previous efforts failed.
Sources say that Biden could finish as low as 5th tomorrow when the Granite State’s primary vote count is completed. More moderate Senator Amy Klobuchar (MN-D) could finish as high as 3rd behind Sanders and former Mayor Pete Buttigieg. The New York Times reported that the former South Bend Indiana mayor “Mr. Buttigieg, who had scant support in the D.N.C. race” that ultimately ended up with Tom Perez getting the DNC chair position over then-rival Representative Keith Ellison.
Coming out of Iowa, polling and sources suggest that Buttigieg and Sanders look to finish first and second on the Democratic side tomorrow. Senator Elizabeth Warren (MA-D), who’s campaign has been slipping is battling for a possible 3rd place finish.
On the Republican side, President Donald J. Trump is holding a Keep America Great campaign rally tonight in New Hampshire. Those are routinely available via a CSPAN channel or one of several networks and organizations streaming the event via YouTube.
On the campaign donation side, CNBC – citing the source shown in the graphic below – says that Warren Buffett’s contributions in the 2020 cycle have all gone to Democrats. Noteworthy is that the same is true for Netflix’s CEO. Netflix cut a multimillion-dollar deal with former President Barack Obama to do programming for the streaming service.
There are those who say that the 45th president has had his best week ever last week. See the related reports below for more. If Senator Sanders and President Trump happen to emerge, as that Democratic consultant said, as the two major party rivals – and if Bloomberg’s billions indeed back Sanders – expect an epic battle in the general election later this year.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.