Politics, economic and business meet here several times a week on the evening market report. For some months, investors had a level of concern about political headwinds, talk of a recession, and the like. This week, with the coronavirus still a virulent concern in China, last week’s declines have been this week’s strong gains. Why? Arguably, among the factors – a strong State of the Union (SOTU), followed by the acquittal in the Senate of President Trump, and continued largest positive economic indicators. With Democrats being told that their Iowa results will have to be recanvassed after errors were found by the New York Times, a blow to whoever the Democratic National Committee (DNC) eventually selects as their nominee is being seen by many on both sides of the political aisle.
So that intersection of politics, economic and business issues will be viewed as our feature tonight. Many of these are reasons that manufactured housing ought to be soaring, not snoring.
Periodic readers of this business-nightly feature should note there are new tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Oil is in a tailspin
- The coronavirus is a huge threat to the oil market and OPEC might not be coming to the rescue
- How Trump’s three years of job gains compares to Obama’s
- Same-sex couples will make history in Friday’s jobs report
- Huawei sues Verizon in the United States for patent infringement
- Things keep getting worse for WWE
- Dunkin’ has a plan for better coffee
- Google Maps is getting a new look
- 5 things gamers want from the PlayStation 5
- Southwest is giving its employees 6 weeks of extra pay
- Opinion: SARS didn’t sink markets, but coronavirus might
- Gayle King criticizes employer CBS for sharing ‘salacious’ clip of Lisa Leslie defending Kobe Bryant
- TikTok accidentally verified a fake Kendall Jenner account
- Disney apologizes to school that was charged $250 for showing ‘The Lion King’
- A new software glitch was discovered on Boeing’s 737 Max
- The agony and ecstasy of being forced to give up our phones at Broadway shows and concerts
- Mercedes-Benz brings back the camper van with its new Weekender
- Okta CEO Todd McKinnon
- This CEO’s tip for success: Always go home for dinner
- How Shake Shack lures workers in a tight market
- What 12 minutes with a famous CEO can teach you
- 5 ways to get more organized at work
- Delta gave its employees 2 months of extra pay. Here’s why that’s good business
- WHAT TO DRINK
- This new Coke has three times as much caffeine as the original
- White Claw’s seltzer crown is up for grabs this year
- Powerade gets a makeover
- Milk 2.0: How the dairy industry plans to save milk
- Diet soda doesn’t have to lead to weight loss, court rules
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Stock market braces for the first jobs numbers of 2020
- Economists surveyed by Refinitiv expect the economy added 160,000 jobs in January.
- Trump: Stock market ‘would’ve crashed’ if Clinton had won in 2016
- Stocks soar to record highs as president addresses impeachment acquittal
- DNC chair calls for Iowa to ‘immediately’ recanvass after botched caucuses
- Amazon bringing 1,000 jobs to Midwestern state with new fulfillment center
- How deadly coronavirus outbreak could impact US gas prices
- Colleges taking precautions as deadly virus keeps spreading
- Coronavirus causing spike in Chinese video game use
- What Trump’s ‘comeback’ vision gets right about the tech sector, America’s future
- Clinton continues Sanders crusade: Voters need someone ‘who can win’
- Hidden costs of food delivery apps are draining your wallet
- How Casper stacks up to competition after its hot new IPO
- Victoria’s Secret models hit back at brand over ‘egregious’ sex abuse
- CEO behind glitchy app that caused Iowa caucus chaos breaks his silence
- How the country really feels about living in Trump’s America
- What are the benefits of cryptocurrency?
- Harvey Weinstein trial moves to defense as prosecution rests case
- Madonna cries censorship after her concert ends early
- How much Mick Jagger is worth
- Top 5 fast food restaurants with the most loyal customers
- Elizabeth Smart says Delta passenger groped her while she slept during flight
- Real estate mogul Mohamed Hadid’s Bel Air mega mansion in legal limbo
- FAA Chief makes dramatic promise on return of Boeing’s disastrous 737 Max
- XFL broadcast deals, fast-paced play will build strong business, execs say
- 5 things to know about Chick-fil-A, the chicken sandwich chain
- Disney CEO Bob Iger apologizes to school for ‘Lion King’ screening fine
- Dairy farmers facing crisis as milk consumption, prices decline
- NFL’s Tom Brady asked about next move in Instagram Q&A
- Varney: Trump stands at the height of his power after impeachment
- Merging student loans and marriage: pros and cons
- PG&E still has rickety power line near Paradise, fire victims say
- US highway agency approves autonomous vehicle
- Google accused of patent infringement by smart speaker rival Sonos
- How much Amazon paid in taxes on $13 billion last year
- ‘The Dity Dozen’: Major companies flagged by watchdog group for sexual exploitation
- Why billionaire Steve Cohen walked away from deal to buy the Mets
- Rolling Stones set to perform in US cities they haven’t been to in years
- Parking spot in major US city hits market for $100,000
- World Health Organization to meet on promising drugs for new virus
- EXCLUSIVE: Mnuchin ‘not worried’ about coronavirus derailing China trade commitments
- Iowa caucuses results mired by reports of errors, use of snail mail
- Investors worried about Bernie Sanders winning the White House? Not a chance
- Apple outsells entire Swiss watch industry in 2019
- A tale of two states: Stinking, shrinking California vs. fantastic, flourishing Florida
- Taylor Swift signs with Universal Music Publishing Group
- Trump: ‘As we revive our economy, we are also renewing our national spirit’
- Varney: Democrats suffering from nasty impeachment hangover
- State Farm claims Shannen Doherty using cancer diagnosis to get a payout
- China opens new hospitals in bid to contain devastating coronavirus, death toll climbs
- Investigators point finger at flight crew for Emirates plane crash
- Louis Opera Theatre recieves $45M donation
- Lawmakers push for private school vouchers based on income, not grades
- Flavored vaping ban takes effect: Here’s what you need to know
- How to find out whether your tax refund check will be bigger this year
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Per left-of-center CNBC today.
- DNC Chairman Tom Perez called for an immediate “recanvass” of Iowa as concerns mounted about the integrity of the results from Monday’s first-in-the-nation nominating contest in the state.
- “Enough is enough,” Perez wrote in a post on Twitter. “In light of the problems that have emerged in the implementation of the delegate selection plan and in order to assure public confidence in the results, I am calling on the Iowa Democratic Party to immediately begin a recanvass.”
- Perez’s tweet is sure to inject even more uncertainty into a process that has threatened to upend the public trust in results from Iowa’s caucuses, which historically have shaped the narrative of Democratic presidential primaries.
There’s developing information on the company and individuals behind the notorious Iowa Democratic Party ap, which may be part of an upcoming featured focus. Several nuances, fascinating if true, so stay tuned.
President Trump’s State of the Union was addressed in detail in our report linked below.
That included our look at the nettlesome point that while much of the country is seeming improvements, manufactured housing is not. See that in the report linked above.
That noted, today the 45th president spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast and about his acquittal.
Left-of-center Bloomberg’s video on that is above. Right-of-center Fox Business on a flap involving HUD Secretary Carson about a photo that was mocked by former Senator Claire McCaskill (MO-D) and others is below.
As to the Senator Mitt Romney (UT-R) and his vote, it’s going to be a sore spot for Republicans and touted by Democrats in the upcoming campaign. But the Trump Campaign demonstrated how quickly they can respond to such matters with this video.
Will this make much of a difference? With satisfaction so high, it seems that the Romney vote will not move many, given the history.
For more on the industry’s politics, see the related reports.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.