Zero Hedge recently reported on Bloomberg’s take on various dynamics involving the conventional housing market. That report included this quotation: “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.” Upton Sinclair (BrainyQuote). That insightful quotation is arguably relevant to a range of topics involving the manufactured home industry, federal regulators, public officials, and everyday Americans.
That noted, a complaint linked below was filed with the HUD Office of Inspector General (HUD OIG). One of those message headers regarding the complaint against Office of Manufactured Housing Programs Administrator Teresa Payne, J.D., and HUD Secretary Marcia Fudge is as follows.
|from:||L. A. Tony Kovach @ MHProNews|
|to:||“Neighbors, Thomas” @hudoig.gov|
|date:||Oct 19, 2021, 2:41 PM|
|subject:||Thomas, please confirm you have this and pass this formal complaint on to HUD OIG|
Th message that followed that header to HUD OIG’s Neighbors and the attached complaint were sent via email to several contacts to HUD’s OIG. One of those have confirmed receipt of the complaint as of 2:51 PM ET on 10.19.2021.
The complaint relates to several topics well known to detail minded regular readers of MHProNews.
That evidence, fact, and related information packed complaint is linked here.
It is the first of several such planned and reported engagements with public officials.
As the linked item reflects, the first HUD OIG complaint took time, and this one will likely take time too. But so long as Upton Sinclair’s insight doesn’t kick in and take over, it should have plenty of evidence from federal, industry, third-party researchers, Ayden Mayor-Pro-Tem, the Rev. Ivory Mewborn, and others to stick. IMHO, the sticky point is the headlined item: “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.”
UPDATE on 10.21.2021: another source with long ties inside HUD has confirmed key items from the complaint. That will be part of a planned report which will likely be published early next week, perhaps Sunday.
A related report will follow in the near term. The battle to legally breach the moats is on. “Inch by inch, life’s a cinch. Yard by yard gets hard.” Stay tuned.
HUD Sec Marcia Fudge – Zoning, Manufactured Homes – “Until We Start to Address This We Are Going to Continue to be Perpetually in This Kind of Situation.” – News-Analysis, plus Manufactured Housing Stock Updates
Next up is our business daily recap of yesterday evening’s market report, related left-right headlines, and manufactured housing connected equities.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left (CNN) – Right (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has been evolving over time, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. For instance. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ news items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 10.19.2021
- The worst may be over soon
- A cargo ship moves under the Bayonne Bridge as it heads out to the ocean on October 06, 2021 in Bayonne, New Jersey. Global supply chain disruptions have continued to affect the U.S. economy.
- Why some say the worst of the supply chain woes are near an end
- Zillow slams the brakes on home buying as it struggles with inventory
- Wanted: 80,000 truck drivers to help fix the supply chain
- Biden’s stimulus plan is fueling short-term inflation, SF Fed paper finds
- North America’s biggest container port faces record backlog
- Former lead Virgin Galactic test pilot takes new gig at Blue Origin
- Toys stuck in supply chain chaos
- He took a job with his college buddy’s sister, Elizabeth Holmes. Now he’s a witness in her trial
- How AirPods became Apple’s hottest product
- Google Pixel 6 lineup with its first custom-made chip goes after the iPhone
- Bill Gates was told to stop ‘inappropriate’ emails with Microsoft employee in 2008, report says
- CNN’s John King discloses he is immunocompromised
- Katie Couric says she has no relationship with Matt Lauer
- A United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket with Boeing’s CST-100 Starliner spacecraft aboard is seen as it is rolled back to the Vertical Integration Facility from the launch pad at Space Launch Complex 41 to avoid inclement weather, Friday, July 30, 2021 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.
- Crucial test for Boeing’s Starliner, built to carry humans, delayed until 2022
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK – NOVEMBER 14: (EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE) Neil Cavuto hosts “Your World With Neil Cavuto” on at FOX Business Studios November 14, 2019 in New York, United States.
- Fox News anchor Neil Cavuto tests positive for Covid-19
- The first bitcoin ETF finally begins trading
- Signage outside the Netflix Inc. office building on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles, California, U.S. on Monday, April 19, 2021. Netflix Inc. is scheduled to release earnings figures on April 20.
- Netflix fired an employee who leaked info about Dave Chappelle special
- Another FB whistleblower says she is willing to testify
- Frances Haugen will meet with Facebook Oversight Board
- Leaks to WSJ, NYT precipitated Jon Gruden’s resignation
- Former staffer reveals when she decided to leak documents
- FAST FOOD
- IHOP hopes its latest menu addition will bring customers for lunch and dinner
- Burger King is testing out Impossible nuggets
- McDonald’s is testing out its McPlant burger
- Taco Bell wants to sell you a 30-day subscription
- Wendy’s will guarantee your fries are hot and crispy — or it will replace them
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 10.19.2021
- In 1st Ruling on State Mandates, Supreme Court Lets Vaccines for Maine Health Workers Stand
- The ruling is a blow for opponents of such mandates, some of whom raise questions of personal choice and liberty. Others question the underlying science and safety of the coronavirus vaccines. [Full Story]
- 6 Panel Rejects Bannon’s Request to Delay Contempt Vote
- A request from former White House strategist Steve Bannon to delay a vote Tuesday to refer him for prosecution has been denied by the House select committee probing the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6. The request was made after former President Donald Trump filed a federal lawsuit Monday against the panel to try to prevent Congress from obtaining some of his White House documents. [Full Story]
- Blackburn: Legislation Pending to Exempt Essentials From Vaccine | video
- Graham: Brazilians Gaming US Asylum Laws
- Col. Scheller’s Kin: Navy Sec Should Lift Gag Order | video
- McCaul: China’s Missile Launch Came as US Appears Weak | video
- More Newsmax TV
- Derek Chauvin Hires Lawyer to Represent Him on Appeal
- Derek Chauvin has hired an attorney to represent him as he appeals his murder conviction in the death of George Floyd, according to court documents made public Monday. …… [Full Story]
- Homeland Security Sec Mayorkas Tests Positive for COVID
- Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, who is vaccinated, [Full Story]
- Trump: Jefferson Statue Evicted, But Sane People ‘Will be Back’
- The Thomas Jefferson Statue is being “evicted” from New York City’s Council chambers, but someday soon, “sane people will be back, and our Country will be respected again,” former President Donald Trump said Tuesday in a statement distributed by his Save America PAC.=… [Full Story]
- McCain Book Shares Why She Left ‘Toxic’ Times at ‘The View’
- Meghan McCain says she decided to leave “The View” following her [Full Story]
- McConnell to GOP: Focus on Biden, Not ‘Rehash’ of 2020
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., on Tuesday urged his [Full Story]
- LEGO, Disney, Airlines Push Progressive ‘Gender Neutral’ Campaign
- If opponents of the “de-gendering” of America feel as if they’ve hit [Full Story] | platinum
- Trump in New Book: ‘Surprised’ Protesters Breached Capitol
- Trump Suing Jan. 6 Panel: ‘Continuation of Witch-Hunt’
- North Korea’s Kim Alternates ‘Provocative Behavior with Charm’ to Woo Biden
- North Korea experts say the Biden administration shouldn’t be seduced [Full Story] | platinum
- In 1st Ruling on State Mandates, High Court Won’t Stop Vaccines for Maine Health Workers
- The U.S. Supreme Court declined Tuesday to hear an emergency appeal [Full Story]
- Kevin McCarthy: More House Dems Will Retire Before Midterms
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., told Fox News on [Full Story]
- Human Rights Watch Says Cuba Arbitrarily Abused, Arrested Protesters in July
- Human Rights Watch said on Tuesday that Cuba’s government had [Full Story]
- Fed’s Powell Investments Raise Questions Over Central Bankers’ Market Activity
- Disclosure forms showing Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell took $1 [Full Story]
- Renowned Neurosurgeon Releases Memory Drug to Public
- Cruz Bill Trolls Dems on Border, ‘Cocktail Parties’
- Ted Cruz, R-Texas, on Tuesday introduced a bill to bring [Full Story]
- Levine Sworn In as Nation’s First Openly Transgender Four-Star Officer
- Rachel Levine was sworn in Tuesday as the admiral of the U.S. Public [Full Story]
- Facebook to Pay Up to $14.25M to Settle US@ Employment Discrimination Claims
- Facebook is paying a $4.75 million fine and up to $9.5 million to [Full Story]
- GOP Rep. Jeff Fortenberry Expects Lying to FBI Charge
- Jeff Fortenberry, R-Neb., says he expects to be indicted [Full Story] | video
- Capitol Police Officer Pleads Not Guilty to Jan. 6-Related Obstruction Charges
- A U.S. Capitol Police officer has pleaded not guilty to two counts of [Full Story]
- Couric Defends Censoring RBG, Trashes Matt Lauer
- Katie Couric tried Tuesday to restore her image ahead of the release [Full Story]
- US Judge Clears UNC for Race-Based Admissions
- A federal judge has ruled North Carolina’s flagship public university [Full Story]
- Yellen: Democrats Propose Raising IRS Bank Reporting Threshold to $10K
- S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said on Tuesday she welcomed a [Full Story]
- FBI Raids Russian Billionaire Deripaska’s Home in Washington: Report
- The FBI is conducting “law enforcement activity” at Russian oligarch [Full Story]
- District Attorneys Refusing to Prosecute Some GOP-Led Laws
- When Republican lawmakers in Tennessee blocked a policy to ease up on [Full Story]
- Alex Murdaugh Is Denied Bond on $3M Theft Charges
- A judge in South Carolina denied bond Tuesday for attorney Alex [Full Story]
- Washington State Loses Hundreds of Public Employees Over Vaccine Mandate
- As the Monday deadline passed for Washington state workers to be [Full Story]
- Legislators Push for Stronger Laws on Big Tech
- Congressional legislators from both parties have started to signal [Full Story]
- Lindsey Graham Seeks Senate Briefing on Reported Chinese Hypersonic Missile Launch
- Lindsey Graham said he will ask Senate leaders for a briefing on [Full Story]
- DeSantis Critics Quiet as Florida’s COVID-19 Cases Drop
- A sharp reduction in Florida’s COVID-19 cases appears to be of little [Full Story]
- Sean Spicer: DC Statehood Would Be Assault on America’s Future
- The Founders believed that the seat of government should not be part [Full Story]
- Jha to Newsmax: Powell’s Death Shows Need to Protect Compromised
- The death of former Secretary of State Colin Powell, who lost [Full Story] | video
- NBA Commissioner Hopes Irving Changes His Mind Over COVID Vaccine
- National Basketball Association Commissioner Adam Silver hopes Kyrie [Full Story]
- Farmers Need More Space for Crops to Meet Mounting Demand: Report
- Farmers need more space to grow crops to meet mounting demand for [Full Story]
- More Newsfront
- Legislators Push for Stronger Laws on Big Tech
- Congressional legislators from both parties have started to signal their support for new restrictions and regulations on major technology companies, such as Facebook, Amazon, and Apple, The Wall Street Journal reports. [Full Story]
- Businesses Nervously Await Fine Print of Vax-or-Test Rule
- ‘Squid Game’ Frenzy Helps Netflix Top Subscriber Targets
- GE Mandates COVID-19 Vaccines for U.S. Workers
- Google Debuts New Pixel, Latest Try in Smartphone Fight
- More Finance
- FDA to Allow Mixing and Matching of COVID-19 Boosters – NY Times
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is planning to allow Americans to get a different booster shot of a COVID-19 vaccine than the one initially taken, the New York Times reported on Monday. The FDA in September authorized a booster dose of Pfizer Inc and partner BioNTech’s… [Full Story]
- Pediatricians, Psychiatrists Declare Emergency in Child Mental Health
- Should You Buy Packaged Foods That Claim Immune-Boosting Benefits?
- US Regulators Reveal Plan for Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids
- EPA Has New Plan to Reduce Exposure From PFAS ‘Forever Chemicals’
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12th year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.