Facts matter. Facts differ from opinions. Opinions may be right, wrong, or some mixture of those two. By contrast, facts are reality, which is what is.
Perhaps due in part to widespread skepticism and an apparently growing distrust in mainstream media, the opportunity for specialized industry media to attract and audience and have an impact continues to grow.
Despite what we will politely call ‘hot air’ from others in our manufactured home profession who claim to be such a dominating force in manufactured housing media or blogging, the essentially unchallenged fact-checks have demonstrated otherwise. See the fact-checks and reports linked here, here, and here.
The above and what follows further below are examples of evidence-based reasons to conclude that MHProNews often rivals or even exceeds the readership levels of mainstream media on specific topics. This isn’t new, it is part of a multiple year trend.
Being the most-read isn’t the same as being loved by all. Some cheer, others jeer the reports published here. That said, when scrutinized as Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) member Andy Gedo has been periodically doing is to reveal that our reports, fact-checks and analysis stand up to careful examination. Why is that so?
Because we stick to what is demonstrable and logical.
There are reams of evidence that suggests that MHProNews is the runaway most read. Would be rivals won’t enter into the type of public discussion or debate that Andy Gedo deserves credit for attempting. That is one of several reasons why Gedo should be respected for making a largely intellectual effort.
Segue aside, tonight’s featured focus are several evidence based examples of why this trade media is the demonstrably the most influential in manufactured housing. Because you obviously can’t influence people who never read or see you. Someone can only influence another when directly or indirectly insights a source has raised are encountered.
With that backdrop, following the left-right bullet headlines tonight from CNN and Fox, some quotable quotes, and two of our three market summaries at the closing bell is our featured focus this evening. The manufactured housing specific stocks and those firms with significant interests in manufactured homes and communities follows the featured focus, the recent and related reports, near the end of this business-nightly report.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Gap stock falls
- Steven Smith and Kanye West speak on stage at the “Kanye West and Steven Smith in Conversation with Mark Wilson” at the on November 07, 2019 in New York City.
- Kanye West’s threat to walk away from a new deal with the company sent shares sharply lower
- Synairgen shares soar 450% on Covid-19 treatment hopes
- Thousands walk off the job in Strike for Black Lives
- Chevron will buy Noble Energy for $5 billion
- Fox News’ Chris Wallace grills Trump about cognitive tests
- EU’s future at stake as tempers fray over recovery fund
- Billionaire says US stock market overlooks the growing national debt
- Elizabeth Warren as Treasury secretary would be a ‘mistake,’ Barney Frank says
- Ex-Trump economist says White House was warned of potential pandemic disaster in September
- A bank is paying people for their spare change
- Right-wing media plays up Portland protest ‘violence’
- Petition calls on Trader Joe’s to change ‘racist packaging’
- A Whole Food employee sanitizes shopping charts amid coronavirus concerns before they are used by waiting patrons outside the 365 Whole Foods Market in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles, Tuesday, March 31, 2020. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)
- Retailers are canceling coronavirus hazard pay. That’s a mistake
- A quiet residential neighborhood in North Carolina, USA on April 11, 2020.
- Mortgage rates are at record lows. Is now the time to refinance?
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Some workers across big cities strike in protest of racism and income inequality
- Dubbed the “Strike for Black Lives,” the protest was organized by labor unions and social and racial justice organizations, which planned a range of actions in more than two dozen U.S. cities.
- Whole Foods, Black Lives Matter coronavirus face mask lawsuit underway
- Mnuchin: leaders are ‘starting with another trillion dollars’ for next stimulus bill
- Top Republicans meet with Trump to negotiate next coronavirus stimulus package
- Lawyer found dead in upstate NY may be linked to deadly shooting at judge’s house
- Nasdaq grabs new record, S&P turns positive for 2020
- 5 essential steps to protect your business from being completely wiped out
- ‘WOKE’-UP CALL
- Bill would hold ‘progressive’ companies, celebs accountable for slave labor profit
- NO GOOD DEED UNPUNISHED
- Front-line coronavirus workers may face surprise tax bills
- DOLLAR TO DROP
- US dollar to weaken as coronavirus recovery forges ahead
- $200 MILLION THRILLER
- Hollywood’s next hard-hitting blockbuster delayed indefinitely
- CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
- Woman urinates in California Verizon store after refusing to wear face mask
- TROUBLE IN PARADISE
- Popular vacation destination bans US tourists as coronavirus cases spike
- ON SECOND THOUGHT…
- Police union rescinds endorsement of Democrat over newspaper Q&A
- SIZE MATTERED
- This type of business appears to have gotten favorable treatment in PPP loans
- NO FANS IN STANDS
- NFL’s Jets, Giants to play games without fans until further notice
- EXTRA PAY GOES AWAY
- How the $600 unemployment pay bump could slam mortgages
- LET IT GO
- Disney World bans guests from doing this while walking in park
- PTSD ON THE RISE
- Study shows big spike in Americans struggling with this kind of health issue
- With budgets under pressure, colleges are cutting these ‘country club sports’
- ‘That has to change today or I walk away’: Kanye’s ultimatum to Adidas, Gap
- How the pandemic has been a giant leap forward for this futuristic retail tech
- FOX Sports launches new app, website designed for modern fan with live TV, real-time odds
- Mnuchin: Coronavirus vaccine will be available for emergency use by end of year
- UK suspends extradition arrangements with Hong Kong over China’s national security law
- 3 reasons to delay Social Security benefits
- Chevron agrees to blockbuster takeover in oil’s biggest deal since pandemic began
- REAL ESTATE
- SEE PICS: ‘Versailles of Manhattan’ owner cuts price of majestic townhouse
- China may retaliate against Nokia, Ericsson if EU countries move to ban Huawei
- WATCH: Seattle rioters destroy Amazon Go store as march devolves into chaos
- Nikola stock tanks on plan for 24M share offering
- HEALTH CARE TECH
- Pfizer-BioNTech potential coronavirus vaccine shows promise in additional data
- How retailers are faring as stores face their most important summer in years
- City councilman issues travel advisory for New York City, citing crime wave
- BUSINESS LEADERS
- GM’s Mary Barra sees ‘short-lived’ recession, predicts recovery timeline
- REAL ESTATE
- Jon Bon Jovi sells Palm Beach manse for roughly $20 million
- Trump to consider not signing coronavirus relief bill without this provision
- Major airline launches screening process for travelers without masks
- Herschel Walker, Mark Cuban square off over BLM on the field
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Sometimes images speak louder than words alone.
On topic after topic involving manufactured housing, MHProNews ranks highly on searches.
Names like Kevin Clayton, or organizations such as the Manufactured Housing Institute, often have images, fact-checks, and reports found on MHProNews.
On issues that relate to personalities like Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, George Soros or others that have ties to organizations that are involved in manufactured housing, MHProNews ranks high. Sometimes, higher than most mainstream media.
When one source that has served manufactured housing for over a decade routinely has high ranking on specific searches and sometimes hundreds of thousands of hits on individuals reports, that’s influence that goes beyond manufactured housing professionals.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
“The way to defeat bad ideas is by exposure, argument, and persuasion, not by trying to silence or wish them away.” JK Rowling, Gloria Steinem, Noam Chomsky, 150 Others Decry Censorship in “Letter on Justice and Open Debate,” Harpers
Terror Tactics 1960s-1999 vs 21st Century Terrorist Attacks – Cops, Shops, Workers, Christians, Believers vs Wall Street, Silicon Valley, Marxists, Atheists, Terrorists, Leftist Billionaires – Sunday Weekly Headline Review
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.