The following report is courtesy of the WND Newscenter and is provided with permission to MHProNews. It focuses on insights from a recent Associated Press and EPIC (Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago) polling. It provides an obvious tie in useful for authentic manufactured housing industry advocacy in the battle over costly, looming federal mandates from the Biden Department of Energy (DOE). It will be followed by additional related information, more facts, and analysis. Our business daily left-right bullet headlines and manufactured housing and broader market snapshots follow.
HEAT OF THE MOMENT
Poll: Americans willing to pay for climate-change work – all the way up to $1
Democrats in Congress working on ways to tax consumers more
By WND News Services
Published October 26, 2021 at 11:37am
By Thomas Catennaci
Daily Caller News Foundation
The majority of Americans believe that human-caused climate change is occurring but are unwilling to pay more than $1 extra to mitigate its effects, a new poll shows.
A recent poll by the Associated Press and the Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago showed that 75% of Americans think that human activities cause some climate change. Of those surveyed, 55% said that they would be in favor of Congress passing legislation making the U.S. less reliant on fossil fuels.
“I would say, like 5, 10 dollars, as long as it’s really being used for what it should be,” Krystal Chivington, one of the respondents, told the AP.
Another respondent, Mark Sembach, said that corporations should bear the brunt of the costs associated with transitioning from fossil fuels to renewables, according to the AP.
“I think it needs to fall a great deal on responsible corporations that’s — and unfortunately … most corporations aren’t responsible,” Sembach told the AP. “And I think there needs to be a lot of pushback as to who ultimately pays for that.”
In recent weeks, Democrats faced increased pressure from environmental activists to pass climate provisions in their budget. However, some Democrats in Congress, including Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, pushed back on many of the most costly ideas.
Manchin shot down the $150 billion Clean Electricity Performance Program, a central part of the budget in addition to a potential carbon tax. President Joe Biden also rejected a carbon tax.
“By the way, if you notice the — you know, the way you usually pay for infrastructure bill — infrastructure is by gasoline taxes? I wouldn’t allow that because that would tax people making under $400,000,” Biden said during remarks in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Oct. 20.
But the Democrats’ budget bill still includes a methane fee, which industry groups and elected officials argued would increase energy costs for consumers.
This story originally was published by the Daily Caller News Foundation. ##
Additional Information, MHProNews Analysis and Commentary
Some people and groups use propaganda because it often works. Propaganda has been used for centuries, it is nothing new.
Climate change is real enough. But the question if it is caused by humans is worthwhile, because climate change occurred for thousands (millions?) of years before the first humans walked the earth. A classic example of that is shown below.
The fact that propaganda on climate has been deployed for decades, starting in the later part of 20th century, does not make it true.
But as important, is that Americans when polled do not favor spending a lot of money because of the climate. This is hardly the first poll of this kind. Prior ones have similar results.
Hypothetically speaking, even if climate change was man made, the U.S. is cleaner than China and India and several other nations. It is China and India that are building new coal fired plants, not the U.S. Until China and India would – through actual behavior – make it clear that they would sacrifice their economic growth at the altar of climate change, there is no reasonable purpose in the U.S. destroying its economy.
It seems clear – based upon behavior – that China and India do not believe in man made climate change, or they would be behaving differently.
The agenda behind climate is just one more cost and regulation that can be used as a cudgel against smaller businesses by bigger businesses. The evidence for that comes by following the money trail to the so-called energy conservation interests.
The facts, the law, and a rigged system are all reasons to stop this DOE energy press against manufactured housing. See the related reports to learn more.
Next up is our business daily recap of yesterday evening’s market report, related left-right headlines, and manufactured housing connected equities.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left (CNN) – Right (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has been evolving over time, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. For instance. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ news items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 10.28.2021
- Zuckerberg turns the page
- Facebook’s new name Meta.
- Facebook changes the name of the company to Meta after a stretch of intense scrutiny
- Citigroup to US staff: Get vaccinated, or you’re fired
- 72% of unvaccinated workers vow to quit if their jobs ordered to get vaccinated
- Home heating prices are skyrocketing, and there’s nothing Biden can do about it
- GDP: America’s economic recovery hits a major roadblock
- LIVE UPDATES Lawmaker to Big Oil: ‘Spare us the spin’ and just be human
- Christmas will be great for stores, if their names are Walmart or Target
- Democrats plan to tax buybacks to help pay for $1.75 trillion spending plan
- Fintechs are the new corner bank, but big financial firms are fighting back
- CEO says Volkswagen has ‘seen the worst’ of the chip shortage
- Bitcoin’s slide from record highs is a warning for crypto investors
- Tesla fan attacks on government’s new safety advisor are ‘calculated,’ says head of safety agency
- There’s now a McRib NFT and what are we even doing anymore?
- Will the fatal shooting on ‘Rust’ change the way movies are made?
- Rupert Murdoch is letting his media empire spread January 6 and election conspiracy theories
- Content by Quicken Loans
- Recalculate your new house payment
- BUELLTON, SANTA BARBARA, CALIFORNIA – OCTOBER 2: Workers harvest cannabis plants at the Raw Garden cannabis farm in Buellton, California on October 2, 2018.
- Cannabis is one industry that’s actually coming out of Covid even stronger
- Father’s and his son holding hands at sunset field. Dad leading son over summer nature outdoor. Family, trust, protecting, care, parenting concept
- New dads are ‘losers’ if they take 6 months paternity leave, prominent venture capitalist says
- Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., is seen in the Capitol Visitor Center before a briefing by administration leaders on the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan on Tuesday, August 24, 2021.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene invested as much as $50,000 in the Trump SPAC before its stock plunged
- HOW WE SHOP
- Little girl in witch costume playing in autumn park. Child having fun at Halloween trick or treat. Kids trick or treating. Toddler kid with jack-o-lantern. Children with candy bucket in fall forest.
- Spirit Halloween haunted by supply issues amid record high sales
- Cigarette sales in America were falling. Then Covid hit
- These toiletry items may soon be more expensive
- Food waste apps are battling to sell your leftovers
- Here’s how retailers are pushing you to start holiday shopping early
- GM unveils 670 horsepower Corvette Z06
- See the first redesigned Range Rover in a decade
- This could be the most important Mercedes in decades
- Watch this Jeep crash and then tip over in test
- The Ford Mustang Mach-E GT amps up the company’s electric lineup
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 10.28.2021
- Ousted NY Gov. Cuomo to Be Arrested, Charged for Groping Former Aide
- Disgraced ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York is expected to be arrested next week and charged with a misdemeanor in the alleged groping of a former aide, according to several reports Thursday. [Full Story]
- Newsmax TV
- Texas AG Paxton: Wrote to Biden on ‘Shaky’ Vaccine Mandates | video
- Blackburn: AG Garland ‘Inappropriate’ at Senate Hearing | video
- Babin, Loudermilk: Biden Doing Nothing About Border | video
- Buck: Special Counsel Must Investigate Hunter Biden | video
- Peter Navarro: Biden Policies Setting up ‘Very Expensive Christmas’ | video
- Webster: Dr. Fauci Must Answer About Beagle Experiments | video
- Joyce: Biden’s Drilling Moratorium Must Be Repealed | video
- Marco Rubio: Major Media ‘Propaganda Ministry’ for Dems | video
- More Newsmax TV
- Facebook Changes Company Name to Meta
- Facebook Inc said on Thursday it would rebrand as Meta, a name change that comes as the company battles criticisms from lawmakers and regulators over its market power, its algorithmic decisions and the policing of abuses on its platforms. …… [Full Story]
- Sex Crime Complaint Filed Against Ex-NY Governor Cuomo
- A misdemeanor complaint has been filed against former New York [Full Story]
- House Dem Calls for Manchin, Sinema to Lose Posts If Spending Bill Fails
- Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill., said this week that Sens. Joe Manchin, [Full Story]
- Angry Parents, Voters Driving Recalls Around Nation Over Mask Mandates, Lockdowns
- Hospitals in Missouri were inundated with COVID-19 patients last [Full Story]
- Far Left Liberal Pramila Jayapal Now in Control of Biden’s Agenda
- As Congress met in January 2017 to certify Donald Trump’s [Full Story]
- ‘Equality Begins in the Womb’ Theme for 49th Annual March for Life
- As pro-life Americans await the Supreme Court’s ruling on a case [Full Story] | platinum
- American Airlines CEO Says Onboard Violent Incidents Must Stop
- American Airlines Chief Executive Doug Parker on Thursday sounded the [Full Story]
- Trump Beating Biden in 2021 Halloween Costumes Popular Vote
- Witches, ghosts, superheroes, pirates, and ninjas will have some [Full Story] | platinum
- Seoul: N. Korea’s Kim Lost 44 Pounds But Remains Healthy
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has recently lost about 20 kilograms [Full Story]
- Rubio: Biden’s Social Spending Plan Codifies Socialism
- Marco Rubio says President Joe Biden’s “Build Back Better” [Full Story]
- Vatican Cancels Live TV Broadcast of Biden Greeting Pope
- The Vatican on Thursday abruptly canceled the planned live broadcast [Full Story]
- Trump DOJ Official Breaks Ties With Lawyer Before Jan. 6 Testimony
- A former Trump administration Justice Department official who backed [Full Story]
- Santa Fe Sheriff: Baldwin’s ‘Rust’ Shooting Still ‘a Criminal Investigation’
- Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza said on Thursday that the deadly [Full Story]
- Political Play? Conservative Tim Allen Gets Booted as Buzz Lightyear
- Fans of the Toy Story franchise are up in arms over the fact that [Full Story]
- MRC Poll: Big Tech Censoring Hunter Laptop Story Is ‘Election Interference’
- A majority of likely American voters believe Big Tech censorship of [Full Story]
- SD Gov. Noem Signs Order Protecting State Employees From Biden’s Vaccine Mandate
- South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem issued an executive order Wednesday [Full Story]
- US Sanctions 2 Lebanese Businessmen and Member of Parliament
- The U.S. Treasury on Thursday imposed sanctions on two top Lebanese [Full Story]
- Poll: AOC-Backed Buffalo Mayoral Candidate Trails by 17 Points
- The Buffalo mayoral candidate supported by progressive Rep. [Full Story]
- 7,700 Migrants Arrested in Texas Crackdown
- “Operation Lone Star,” ordered by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, has [Full Story]
- Vaccine Mandate to Leave FDNY Short Staffed: ‘People Will Die’
- As many as 20% of New York City’s fire department companies are at [Full Story]
- Israel to Restrict Travel to US Tourists Who Had COVID-19 But Were Not Vaccinated
- Israel will prohibit travelers who recovered from Covid-19 at least [Full Story]
- Report: Florida Sues Biden, NASA Over Vaccine Mandate
- GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis and the state of Florida are suing President [Full Story]
- Buck to Newsmax: Special Counsel Must Investigate Hunter Biden
- A special counsel investigation is needed into the activities of [Full Story] | video
- Report: Google Warns Businesses About Antitrust Bills
- Google is targeting small and medium-sized businesses in an attempt [Full Story]
- DOJ Toughens Policies Toward White Collar Crime
- The U.S. Justice Department on Thursday detailed a series of policy [Full Story]
- WSJ: Reports Show US Intel Agencies Failed to Predict Afghanistan’s Collapse
- S. intelligence agencies failed to predict what would occur amid [Full Story]
- Biden Pushes New $1.75 Trillion Spending Framework
- President Joe Biden said Thursday he had secured a new $1.75 trillion [Full Story]
- David Perdue Mulling Primary Challenge Against Georgia Gov. Kemp: Report
- Former Sen. David Perdue is seriously looking at making a Republican [Full Story]
- Trump Labels Zuckerberg a ‘Criminal’ Over 2020 Donations
- Former President Donald Trump is slamming Facebook CEO as a [Full Story]
- California High Court Won’t Hear Brad Pitt Divorce Appeal
- The California Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to consider Brad [Full Story]
- Taiwan President Confirms US Troops Training Soldiers on Island: CNN
- A small number of U.S. forces are in Taiwan to train with Taiwanese [Full Story]
- One Simple Method to Keep Your Blood Sugar Below 100
- More Newsfront
- Facebook Changes Company Name to Meta
- Facebook Inc said on Thursday it would rebrand as Meta, a name change that comes as the company battles criticisms from lawmakers and regulators over its market power, its algorithmic decisions and the policing of abuses on its platforms. … [Full Story]
- Stocks Rise Broadly as Indexes Near Record Highs
- McDonald’s Jacking Up Menu Prices by 6 Percent
- Mega-Rich Extol Entrepeneurs Over ‘Billionaire Tax’
- Justice Dept. Gets Tough on White Collar Criminals
- More Finance
- Immunocompromised May Need Fourth COVID Shot: CDC
- Severely immunocompromised people may require a fourth mRNA coronavirus shot, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says. The agency didn’t provide an official recommendation about a fourth shot in its updated guidelines, but did say that people should talk to… [Full Story]
- Americans Dying From Parkinson’s Disease Increased 63 Percent: Study
- Stronger Breast Implant Safety Measures Announced by FDA
- October 28 is National Chocolate Day: Eat Some for Better Health
- Cheap Antidepressant Shows Promise Treating Early COVID
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12th year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.