Faithwire is tied to the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) and says of themselves “Are you sick of the fear, division and hopelessness that consumes politics and culture? We are too, and we’re doing something about it: Welcome to Faithwire.”
It is this broadly Christian group launched by CBN on Sep 21, 2016 that lamented the recent attack on Catholic Churches and religious symbols over the weekend, under the subheading of “Christian Persecution” that asked, asking “Where Is the Media?’: Catholic Churches Targeted in Weekend of Attacks.”
The evangelical Christians spotlighted this new CBN video that explains their understanding of the historic meaning of the separation of church and state.
MHProNews highlighted the public threat against Christians made by Shaun King, who has ties with Black Lives Matter and other leftist groups.
In another report from that same Faithwire source this week is this headline, “Cuban Immigrant Warns Americans Against Communism Taking Over US: ‘Don’t Lose This Place.”
With less than 4 months to election day, and public opinion polling narrowing between the claimed lead of presumed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and President Donald J. Trump, a key question for those who are following the race and its impact on business and investing is this. What will evangelical Christians do in 2020?
It isn’t just Christians that are under siege. The Jewish Post says that 2019 was the record number of anti-Semitic incidents in the U.S. Attacks on mosques are also up, says the ACLU. For those who might jump to the arguably wrong conclusion that this hatred is in the U.S. only, the BBC reported that nation’s foreign secretary said in 2019 that “The foreign secretary attacks “political correctness” [P.C.] as report warns the religion could “disappear“.
Put differently, the rising tide of PC or ‘Marxist’ efforts in the U.S. and other nations. As the British Telegraph reported, “Make No Mistake, the Black Lives Matter is a radical neo-Marxist political” movement.
Each of these concerns has been spotlighted by MHProNews in recent weeks. Why? Among other reasons, because uncertainty and a lack of safety are significant impediments to successful smaller to mid-sized business.
With that backdrop, Christian attorney and Liberty University President Jerry Falwell’s take on related topic are our featured focus this evening.
The balance of the featured focus segment of this evening’s report is found beyond the left-right headline news bullets and 2 of our 3 market snapshots at the close today. The manufactured housing industry connected stocks are near the end of the report each evening, after the featured focus and the related/recent report links.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- A hot mess
- A pedestrian wearing a protective mask walks past a Wells Fargo & Co. bank branch in New York, U.S., on Thursday, July 9, 2020. Wells Fargo is scheduled to release earnings figures on July 14.
- Wells Fargo has gone from one of America’s strongest big banks to easily the weakest
- Outlet mall staple is closing all of its stores
- Back-to-school sales could hit a record $100 billion this year, even if kids stay home
- What Ben Bernanke says needs to be done to save US economy
- This island sold for $6M, after only a video tour
- Microsoft CEO: Broadband internet access is a ‘fundamental right’
- Analysis: Huawei’s hopes of global domination have been dashed
- The United States is treating Hong Kong as mainland China. Business is starting to do the same
- Lawmakers slam Robinhood after apparent suicide by 20-year-old trader
- Nissan unveils its first electric SUV, the Ariya
- Why it’s getting harder to find exact change
- Lizzie King's Parlor in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
- What happens when small businesses can’t pay the rent
- People walk outside the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on July 13, 2020 at Wall Street in New York City. – The Nasdaq tumbled July 13, 2020, ending a three-session streak of records on a weak day for US stocks amid fresh restrictions in California to address the coronavirus. LIVE UPDATES Dow rises after a Covid-19 vaccine trial shows promise
- Chairs sit stacked inside a closed bar in Austin, Texas, June 26, 2020. Texas Governor Greg Abbott ordered bars to be closed by noon on June 26 and for restaurants to be reduced to 50% occupancy. Coronavirus cases in Texas have spiked in recent weeks after being one of the first states to begin reopening.
- OPINION This is the real Paycheck Protection Program scandal
- MIAMI, FL – NOV 18: Staff editor and writer for the New York Times, Bari Weiss is seen on stage during day two of the Miami Book Fair presented by Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus on November 18, 2019 in Miami, Florida. Controversial New York Times opinion writer Bari Weiss resigns
- NYT moves staff out of Hong Kong over security law
- Longtime columnist leaves New York magazine
- Tucker Carlson addresses ex-staffer’s racist posts
- Mary Trump free to promote her tell-all book
- MASK UP
- Customers wear masks as they leave a Walmart Supercenter, Sunday, June 28, 2020, in Ocoee, Fla. A mandatory mask-wearing order is in place during the new coronavirus pandemic.
- Walmart is the latest to go beyond US federal mandates on Covid-19 safety
- Best Buy customers must wear masks in stores
- 9,000 Starbucks will require customers to wear masks
- Airlines ban passengers who refuse to wear masks
- Trump says masks are a ‘double-edged sword.’ Goldman Sachs says they could help save the economy
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business (Notice: typos below are in the original)
- Stocks jump on coronavirus vaccine hopes, Trump’s infrastructure plan
- A Democratic sweep in the 2020 election would threaten the stock market’s record-setting growth.
- Goldman Sachs rides investment banking, trading to big earnings beat
- Next stimulus package could include $5,000 advance of child tax credit
- Biden blue wave could crush these parts of the stock market
- On Tax Day, difference between Trump, Biden is on full display
- Congressional ‘Pig Book’ reveals billions in pork-barrel spending
- JC Penney to close another 152 stores, cuts 1,000 jobs
- BAD NEWS
- American newspapers are slashing jobs at an alarming rate
- SAFE FLIGHT?
- Here are some top coronavirus risks when flying
- PHASE ONE STUNNED
- China not living up to terms of trade deal with Trump
- A DEAL TO BE MADE?
- Trump admin could compromise as extra $600 unemployment pay expires
- HIDDEN TAX TRAP
- PPP borrowers could face higher state income taxes – here’s why
- SINKING CITY
- REAL ESTATE
- This major real estate market overvalued by nearly 20%, experts say
- CROWDS NOT ALLOWED
- Philadelphia Eagles fans may not attend a home game for a long time
- UPGRADES AHEAD?
- Tesla to shut down factory in Fremont for improvements: report
- PRISON FOR CHEATING MOM
- Mom gets 5 weeks behind bars for son’s online class cheating
- SWIPE WIPE OUT
- Merchants lost $20.3B to false credit card declines in 2019: Study
- ‘IT HAS TO BE GOOD’
- Ivanka Trump responds to Goya Foods photo criticism
- ‘HUGE THANK YOU’
- FOOD & DRINKS
- Virginia Beach waitress surprised with $650 tip through viral ‘Venmo challenge’
- PLANS SLAMMED
- SMALL BUSINESS
- These types of retirement plans decimated by COVID economic shock
- SANITIZER RECALL WIDENS
- FDA warns on more hand sanitizer products as COVID-19 boosts usage
- OVERHEATING DANGER
- Hyundai recalls 272K US cars
- RICH & FAMOUS
- Simon Cowell takes over ‘Got Talent’ production from Sony Music
- FOOD & DRINKS
- Chefs launch new food apps to provide jobs for unemployed restaurant workers
- LAW ENFORCEMENT
- NYPD retirements surge: ‘I saw the writing on the wall’
- Walmart, Sam’s Club make face coverings mandatory
- Delta Air Lines sued by Connecticut mayor over dog bite
- ViacomCBS drops Nick Cannon over these comments
- Chipotle to hire 10,000 employees
- Should you file for a tax extension? These are the pros and cons
- Analyst identifies key leverage against China ‘buried’ in Trump executive order
- Appeals court temporarily halts Dakota Access line shutdown
- PERSONAL FINANCE
- July 15 tax deadline FAQs: 5 things to know
- 3 ways COVID-19 could affect when you should claim Social Security benefits
- Pompeo says US to impose visa curbs on Huawei over rights
- Florida breaks 300K mark for coronavirus infections
- Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopen
- Varney: Joe Biden is ‘tax and spend on steroids’
- FOOD & DRINKS
- Coronavirus has Americans hooked on canned tuna, and producers are playing catch up
- In Paris, Eiffel Tower top floor, Disneyland reopen
- Apple wins major tax battle against EU
- Best ways to refinance Parent PLUS student loans
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Evangelical Christian support for President Donald Trump will be greater in 2020’s presidential election than in 2016. That is the prediction by Jerry Falwell Jr. Falwell is the president of Liberty University, one of the largest Christian universities in the country. His comments were made Tuesday’s edition of SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Tonight with host Matt Boyle.
Given a recent poll by the Democracy Institute/Sunday Express, that may be spot on. Boyle invited Falwell’s remarks on the poll’s findings.
Falwell replied, “There’s no question about it. The Evangelical support [for President Trump] has strengthened. I have board members who travel. I have one board member who lost his legs in Vietnam. He travels from military base to military base, from church to church. He says everywhere he goes [he meets] people who were hesitant to vote for Trump in 2016, [but] Evangelicals are 100 percent behind him, now.”
Falwell said, “I have pastors on my board to tell me the same thing. They can see the support. They can feel it.”
Falwell stated, “Every Evangelical I’ve run into at every major event has [told me], ‘We were hesitant. We thought you were a little nuts for supporting [Trump] in 2016, but we are 100 percent behind him, now.’ It doesn’t surprise me a bit. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was higher than 90 percent.”
Falwell highlighted the importance of Supreme Court nominations to Evangelical Christians. The Supreme Court is “one place the president can make a difference on social issues,” he said.
Additional political, cultural, civil unrest, and business climate reports are found via the links below.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
“The way to defeat bad ideas is by exposure, argument, and persuasion, not by trying to silence or wish them away.” JK Rowling, Gloria Steinem, Noam Chomsky, 150 Others Decry Censorship in “Letter on Justice and Open Debate,” Harpers
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.