The once lauded Governor of New York (D), Andrew Cuomo is now facing an array of allegations brought by 11 accusers and numerous others who were interviewed during a 5 month investigation available here. That investigation was by fellow Democrat New York Attorney General Letitia James, J.D. Previously hailed by the media, recall that Vanity Fair and others reported that on November 24, 2029 that “Cuomo accepted the International Emmy Founders Award, “in recognition of his leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic…” But that ‘leadership’ is also in question, as other accusers say that his handling of COVID cases in nursing homes cost thousands of lives. So, if his accusers are proven correct, then the self-described “Cuomosexual” is a fraud and hypocrite of the first order. But that apparent fraudster and accused felon, this reversal from media and politically lauded ‘hero’ to villain, only underscores a broader reality. The entire time that much of the mainstream media narrative was lauding Cuomo, those other allegations were known. Rephrased, if more balanced reporting had occurred about Cuomo in the first place, this jarring ‘fall from grace’ might have occurred months before. It might have saved lives or spared some woman sexual harassment or ongoing “hostile” workplace conditions. It is just one more example of how agenda-driven ‘reporting’ is little more than corporate-political propaganda. With that in-the-headlines backdrop, COVID19, more on Cuomo, other issues involving faith, freedom, and finances will be examined in this report and analysis. Because the struggle between agenda-driven big tech and big media propagandists and more reality-based alternative media willing to engage in the “InfoWars” is one of the key issues facing our nation and profession. That’s not hyperbole, as the various reports that will be examined herein will attest.
Regular and detail-minded readers of MHProNews should not be shocked by the Cuomo revelations above. Nor should they be stunned by what follows about COVID19, more about serious claims of state-corporate collusion, and other issues noted in our headline.
First, because MHProNews and our MHLivingNews sister site periodically take a ‘big picture’ look at national and global issues. We do so because macro events are demonstrably influencing affordable housing and manufactured homes. When that realization was discerned, began sharing years ago on MHProNews business daily equities/MHMarket report a left-right bullet headlines feature.
Those headline bullets were initially drawn from left-leaning CNN and right-leaning Fox News. Following the 2020 elections, we kept the headlines from CNN but switched from Fox to Newsmax. That noted, the principle behind the feature found further below every day is in about 2 to 3 minutes a day someone can get a sense of what is going on in the U.S. and world. Those who read that left-right headlines here would have been aware months ago that there was another side to the Cuomosexual and the Cuomo-COVID nursing home scandal. While MHProNews is often a Warren Buffett critic, we give Buffett credit for certain insights. Among them is that he has reportedly invested some 5 to 6 hours a day reading. He credits that with much of his success. Most smaller businesses can’t invest 5 hours a day. But those who invest 30 minutes or an hour a day to reading here will end up with useful and actionable intelligence.
Two of the top targets for the Biden regime on COVID misinformation are sources that MHProNews have cited previously. The irony is that those sources that are targeted for bans, as will be illustrated below, have routinely been proven correct. By contrast, mainstream media and their business-political-media-tech network have time and again been proven mistaken, as in the case of Emmy winner Cuomo.
What follows will weave some industry specific insights into the broader issues found in the headline. Because near the core of what’s gone wrong in America is a steady onslaught of incorrect information.
Understanding News, Propaganda, Alternative Media and InfoWars – Facts, Figures – Industry and Broader Insights
Frankly, experience has shown that well documented reports and analysis have an enduring attraction. Our experience is relevant to the industry but to others too. A focused segue before proceeding will explain the value to readers and evidence-based publishers alike.
That look into larger issues has been an evolutionary process on this professional news, tips, and views site. It has paid off on the Cuomo-allegations topic but numerous others, often far bigger. For example.
One of those broader look articles published about 14 months ago has had something like 2 million hits. Ours is an industry of an Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) estimated 75,000 professionals. An article that tops 100,000 hits means that a far larger audience is being reached. The evidence-based report and analysis below took a look into the specific financial ties between named billionaires Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, George Soros and the riots and unrest the swept America following the death of George Floyd.
Other big picture topics are routinely among the most-read features here. A current example – a report that was published weeks ago – that is still among our top read is the one below. Per third-party metrics provider Webalizer, so far month-to-date three of the top 10 most read articles on our site are not about manufactured homes or affordable housing, save obliquely.
2 out of three of those articles were published months ago. Yet, they are still being routinely accessed. At number 3 this month on our affordable manufactured home professional site is the thoughtful column and MHProNews commentary by Patricia McCarthy.
So, while our focus remains affordable housing and manufactured homes, periodically framing that broader context with reports like those noted above has proven useful to readers who vote with their browsers, devices, and pageviews. For the curious, among our other top articles are these.
Noting that one above was just published yesterday, but is near the top already.
The report above reveals one of numerous such examples of how the Manufactured Housing Institute purportedly fails routinely in the basic umbrella or post-production trade association function of P.E.P. Protect. Educate. Promote.
For industry pros, those articles above are the absolute most read by your industry peers and by those who are here researching our profession. They are the early August 2021 most read topics among the roughly 20,000 (+/-) posts we have online. Most are often not found among any of our rivals in trade publishing. It may explain why our reporting dominates, and why they are distant also rans, as the well read report linked here documented.
Back to the broader news topic, our left-right business-daily market headlines approach – for those who read them routinely – would reveal that by covering items from more leftist and conservative sources has proven to reveal insights millions of others might otherwise miss.
That and our industry-specific reporting, per Webalizer and MailChimp, reveal that among the top metro areas that read our reports – routinely #3 – is Washington, D.C. Apparently public officials, lobbyists, and nonprofits find our approach worthy of there time and pageviews. Speaking of pageviews, the average reader here in July read 5.78 pages per visit.
For the past 12 months, that typical visitor accessed 6.42 pages per visit, both per Webalizer, which gathers data directly from our busy servers. On our MHLivingNews sister site, the top article for months, since shortly after it was first published, is this below. The average mainstream news site gets about half the engagement our site does, per third-party reports.
Similarweb says that the mix of desktop vs. handheld devices roughly 50-50.
Device split offers an understanding of where you need to focus your efforts when it comes to content and ad spend.
- Top 100 websites in the category:
- Desktop – 49.22% (vs. 52.39% in 2019)
- Mobile Web – 50.78% (vs. 47.61% in 2019)
- Top 25 websites in the category:
- Desktop – 52.58% (vs. 55.90% in 2019)
Mobile Web – 47.42% (vs. 44.10% in 2019)
Beyond news sites, Similarweb said that the top 100 websites in the U.S. – shopping, news, whatever – have these average engagement levels. Average pages per visit – 4.2 (vs. 4.8 in 2019)
For a modest operation compared to multi-billion-dollar giants in media, our reach in our profession is unmatched. Others that we critique and hold to account would far rather that one or more of our rivals could capture the top spot in reporting and analysis.
In a sense, the Cuomo revelations are not news in the sense that it is ‘new.’ What is new is that James has come out and made serious allegations. Our readers who follow those left-right headlines – even without reading the reports – would have been aware of these concerns months ago. That noted, per Reuters: “The findings, detailed in a scathing 168-page report, could deal a devastating blow to Cuomo – once seen as a possible presidential candidate and a former U.S. housing secretary under President Bill Clinton- and hinder his administration.
“What this investigation revealed was a disturbing pattern of conduct by the governor of the great state of New York,” said James, also a Democrat. “These 11 women were in a hostile and toxic work environment.
Biden told reporters at the White House: “I think he should resign.””
Reuters added that “Rita Glavin, a lawyer defending Cuomo against the sexual harassment complaints, released a lengthy “position statement” responding to the report, which she said “purposefully omits key evidence.” Glavin accused James of bias.”
The underlying realities have always been there. But let’s allow the Cuomo example to make a broader point.
Those engaged in agenda-driven media obviously overlook some known facts in order to craft a ‘narrative.’ That ‘narrative’ is little more than propaganda. Many mainstream reports are a mix of truth, spin and convenient omissions.
By investing about 3 minutes 5 days a week in our left-right headline summary, our thoughtful readers – and they are of sufficient number to make us the runaway leader in our profession
Similarly, the underlying realities about COVID19, a largely agenda-driven media, and other issues we periodically explore are not new either. MHProNews/MHLivingNews – in looking at third-party content that aim for a ‘focused’ topic – curates it from sources that merit thoughtful consideration. We do not have to editorially agree with each and every word in order to recognize the broader value of the thrust of a given article, report, or message.
For example. In the matter of COVID19, MHProNews reported periodically before the 2020 elections that there were doctors, healthcare professionals, scientists, and others who for evidence-based reasons questioned the ‘official’ or common corporate-political-big media/big tech narrative. Among them was the Great Barrington Declaration. The report below was updated on the date shown, but was first published at this link here approaching a year ago.
While millions are aware of that, it is still largely obscured or ignored by most in mainstream media. If those voices had been heeded early on, the case can be made that thousands who died in Cuomo’s New York nursing home scandal would have never been placed into that environment. Before pressing on to Dr. Joseph Mercola’s announcement and insights into COVID19, there is good news in several respects. Several different surveys from U.S. and international sources are demonstrating that large portions of the population are tuning out specific media and or are distrusting what they here.
For instance, CNN’s viewership has plummeted some 70 percent post-Trump White House. The good news is that several reports indicate Americans are waking up in growing numbers. They are often finding and following sites like this and others that provide evidence to challenge ‘official’ narratives.
Among those who challenge the propaganda with evidence and analysis is Dr. Joseph Mercola.
Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola 8.4.2021 – Mercola.com.
Today, I have the most important announcement in the quarter of a century history of this newsletter. My goal and passion has always been about supporting you and helping you take control of your health. I am beyond thrilled that there are tens of millions of people who have benefited from what I have shared over the years.
I am filled with joy and gratitude every time I travel and lecture as invariably many people tell me how I’ve changed their lives by providing vital information they couldn’t find anywhere else and even better that was completely free.
These were the times when many of the views I presented were criticized, but that’s to be expected. That was one of the great freedoms we enjoyed. We could have different views and we could speak openly about these views without fear of retribution.
But we are now in a different time. A much darker time. The silence of free speech is now deafening.
Not only is blatant censorship tolerated, it is being encouraged by the very people who were to be entrusted with protecting our freedom of speech.
We are not living from the lessons we’ve learned before. Never in my life, would I believe the sitting President of the United States call out 12 Americans in a McCarthyism like attack in the United States. As you are aware, I was placed at the top of this list.
The last week has brought a tremendous amount of reflections to me, and a lot of unacceptable threats to a company full of amazing people that have helped me support you in this journey.
By now I am sure you know that there was a recent NY Times article attacking me and it was one of the most widely distributed stories in the world. The article was loaded with false statements made about me and my organization.
The report would be laughed at if it were to be submitted for peer review, the groups that created it are funded by dark money and operated by an illegal foreign agent. The press never questioned it, but ran with their orders from above.
I can deal with the CNN crews that chase me by car while I bicycle from my home. I feel sorry for the people in media that have to follow the orders they are given.
It is easy to dismiss the media pawns, but the most powerful individual on the planet has targeted me as his primary obstacle that must be removed. Every three letter agency is at his disposal, and the executive powers have grown beyond what an individual American’s rights can protect against.
A dissenter of medical mandates is now a target and obstacle to be removed. I know – that’s 25 years’ worth of blood, sweat and tears coming down.
I can hardly believe these words are coming out of my mouth. It’s a testament of just how radical things have degenerated in the recent past. However, I will continue to publish new articles, BUT going forward, each article I publish will be available for only 48 hours and will then be removed from the website.
We are at the crossroad where change is unavoidable. We all must make choices that determine our future. To many, this looks like a war … but what we need to find is peace. I am going to find peace through this sacrifice.
Just to be clear, ALL my content will be removed. This includes articles on:
- Great Reset
- General nutrition
- The coronavirus
- My interviews with experts
These will be removed to appease the individuals in power who have an arsenal of overwhelming tools at their disposal, and are actively engaged in using them. COVID-19 has activated and authorized emergency powers that have weakened our constitutional rights. Sadly, cyberwarfare and authoritarian forces are beyond our abilities to withstand, and this is now our only way forward.
Over 15,000 articles full of vital information that has helped tens of millions across the world take control of their health, will be removed. There was a time when people could debate and respect each other freely. That time is now gone. I believe laws are best applied like medicine – locally and specifically.
Local food, local democracy – our local community strength is the best way to achieve peace moving forward, and to stop authoritarian technocracy. I also believe we are at our strongest when we can care and maintain respect for each other. This is how we can make our most important decisions in life.
Again I will still be writing my daily articles that I started 25 years ago BUT they will only be available for 48 hours before they are removed. In this way I hope to continue my mission to help you take control of your health – but it’s up to you to download, share and repost this content. I will not be enforcing my copyright on this information so that you may freely share it.
Please also encourage others to read “The Truth About COVID-19,” where you will find much of the information from the past two years that people need to read to wake up and open their eyes. I am donating all earnings to the National Vaccine Information Center.
I want to thank all of you that have supported me over the years. I hope you can understand why I have decided to make this dramatic decision and hope the remaining ephemeral articles will be useful for those who wish to read them.
We will continue through these challenging times together, and remember this:
Your body was designed to stay healthy.
You hold in your hands the power to take control of your health.
Never let anyone take your right to health away from you.
“Science can flourish only in an atmosphere of free speech.” ~ Albert Einstein
My latest book, “The Truth About COVID-19,” is an instant bestseller. With over 1,500 reviews, it has a nearly perfect 5-star rating. Grab your copy today before Biden bans it, over 1,500 people can’t be wrong! ##
There are several ways to read the above. But the notion that Dr. Mercola and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. are on a short list at the top of the Biden regime ‘who to censor’ list is one more reminder of what we’ve witnessed with Cuomo. The facts have been out there, but much of the media has given de facto cover. This is a full court press toward a China like fascist state. Don’t believe it? See what longtime Democrat and former left-leaning Washington Post reporter Joel Kotkin says. That said, note that each of the key topics mentioned by Mercola above and below that are causing him to be targeted have been the subject of several reports on our websites.
Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola – Fact checked – Mercola.com – August 04, 2021 –
- In its September 2019 report, the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board — a joint arm of the World Health Organization and the World Bank — warned that technological advances “allow for disease-creating micro-organisms to be engineered or recreated in laboratories,” and that the release of such organisms could cause greater devastation than a natural outbreak
- On the Board are Sir Jeremy Farrar (director of the Wellcome Trust) and Dr. Anthony Fauci (director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIAID), both of whom have defended the zoonotic origin theory for SARS-CoV-2 and helped suppress the lab-leak theory
- February 1, 2020, Farrar set up a confidential conference call with a dozen individuals, including Fauci. Two days later, WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus made a public call for censorship of “misinformation”
- Five days after that call, Peter Daszak circulated the first draft of a scientific consensus statement that eventually got published in The Lancet, and thereafter was used by mainstream media and fact checkers everywhere to “debunk” any and all evidence of a lab leak
- Six weeks after Farrar’s group call, several of the participants published a commentary in Nature Medicine, in which they stated they “do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible”
In the July 22, 2021, article,1 “Did Scientists Stifle the Lab-Leak Theory,” foreign reporter and columnist for Unherd, Ian Birrell, analyzes the circumstances that led to a near-complete blackout of questions about SARS-CoV-2’s origin.
In September 2019, the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board issued a warning that a new infectious disease was poised to spread around the world, and that nations were ill prepared for such an event.
The Global Preparedness Monitoring Board is a joint arm of the World Health Organization and the World Bank — two technocratic entities that aren’t always working in the best interest of humanity as a whole.
On the 15-person Board are Sir Jeremy Farrar (director of the Wellcome Trust), Dr. Anthony Fauci (director of the NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIAID) and George Fu Gao, director-general of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Technocrat-Led Board Predicted Manmade Pandemic
As noted by Birrell, the board’s warning was “astonishingly prescient,” as SARS-CoV-2 emerged in December 2020. Importantly, the board did not necessarily focus its prediction on the emergence of natural zoonotic diseases but, rather, warned of technological and scientific advances that “allow for disease-creating micro-organisms to be engineered or recreated in laboratories.”
According to the board, accidental release of such manmade organisms could actually be far more devastating than a natural outbreak. “Accidental or deliberate events caused by high-impact respiratory pathogens pose global catastrophic biological risks,” the board stated in its September 2019 report, titled “A World At Risk.”2 In passing, the report also mentioned the need to control the flow of information:
“A deliberate release would complicate outbreak response; in addition to the need to decide how to counter the pathogen, security measures would come into play limiting information-sharing and fomenting social divisions.”
Same Board Members Denied Possibility of Manmade Pandemic
Despite the Board’s recognition that manmade pathogens pose a significant threat, some of its board members — Fauci and Farrar in particular — have played central roles in roundly dismissing the possibility that SARS-CoV-2 leaked from a lab. As reported by Birrell:3
“Farrar was a central figure behind two landmark documents published by influential science journals that played a key role in shutting down discussion of the lab leak hypothesis by branding it conspiracy theory.
These statements, signed and promoted by leading figures in the scientific establishment, pushed an idea that the pandemic was a natural occurrence by arguing against the plausibility of ‘any type of laboratory-based scenario.’ Critics say this ‘false narrative’ set back understanding of the disease for more than a year.”
In his book, “Spike: The Virus vs. The People — the Inside Story,” Farrar praises China for its pandemic response at the outset of the pandemic. This despite the fact that the Communist dictatorship is known to have silenced doctors who wanted to warn the public, and allowed the annual Chinese New Year’s celebration to proceed, thereby ensuring massive spread as people from all parts of China and across the world gathered.
Did Fauci and Farrar Collude to Suppress Lab-Leak Theory?
Birrell goes on to detail how Farrar and Fauci reacted to early reports suggesting the virus had telltale signs of gain-of-function. Emails4 obtained via freedom of information act (FOIA) requests reveal Fauci received a Science magazine article detailing the work of Peter Daszak (EcoHealth Alliance) and Shi Zhengli at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV).
“The article discussed controversies over risky ‘gain of function’ experiments, including mention of a 2015 paper by Shi and a U.S. expert on modification of a Sars-like bat virus to boost infectivity to humans,” Birrell writes.5
“Emails released through freedom of information requests show Fauci instantly circulated the article to U.S. officials and contacted Farrar saying it was ‘of interest to the current discussion’ …
[Scripps virologist Kristian] Andersen, when sent the Science article at the end of January, admitted a close look at the genetic sequences of Sars-CoV-2 showed that ‘some of the features (potentially) look engineered’ and that other experts agreed the genome was ‘inconsistent with expectations from evolutionary theory’ …
The Wellcome boss then set up a conference call for the pair of them with 11 other experts from around the world, warning their discussions were ‘in total confidence’ and information ‘not to be shared’ without prior agreement.
Farrar also sent Fauci a link to an article on ZeroHedge … that tied a Wuhan researcher to the virus outbreak. The site was banned the next day from Twitter …”
While we don’t know the full details of what was discussed during that February 1, 2020, phone call, Birrell points out what we do know. For example, we know they discussed contacting the WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, and that two days later, Ghebreyesus made a public call for censorship of misinformation.
Five days after that call, Daszak also circulated the first draft of a scientific consensus statement6 that eventually got published in The Lancet, and thereafter was used by mainstream media and fact checkers everywhere to “debunk” any and all evidence of a lab leak.
The dam is breaking. And with the surging floodwaters, comes a stunning realization: Almost across the board, our elite institutions got the most important question about COVID wrong. ~ James Meigs
The statement, signed by 27 experts, including Farrar, condemned “conspiracy theories suggesting that Covid-19 does not have a natural origin.” A FOIA request revealed Daszak was the mastermind behind that Lancet statement7 — which, by the way, presented no actual evidence of natural origin — and that he wanted to make sure it could not be identified as being from a single individual or organization.
Six weeks after Farrar’s group call, four of the participants on the call — including Andersen — also published a commentary in Nature Medicine, titled “The Proximal Origin of SARS-CoV-2,”8 in which they stated they “do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible.”
“This statement in a world-renowned journal, which has been accessed 5.5 million times, further depressed debate of alternative theories on the origins, despite being challenged by a few brave voices in the scientific community,” Birrell writes.9
In his book, “Spike,” which was published July 22, 2021, Farrar admits he had deep concerns about the “huge coincidence” of SARS-CoV-2 emerging in a city with a biosafety level 4 (BSL4) laboratory that just so happens to specialize in collection, storage and research of bat coronaviruses. Birrell writes:
“The new coronavirus ‘might not even be that novel at all,’ he thought. ‘It might have been engineered years ago, put in a freezer, and then taken out more recently by someone who decided to work on it again. And then, maybe, there was … an accident?’
He was so concerned that he confided in Eliza Manningham-Buller, then the Wellcome Trust chair and a former head of the MI5 intelligence service, who told him to start taking precautions such as avoiding putting things in emails and using a burner phone for key conversations.
So what changed his mind so firmly he started signing letters and tweeting about alleged conspiracy theories? When I asked Farrar to share the evidence that set his mind at rest, he pointed to the Nature Medicine article. Yet his office told me later he helped ‘convene’ these five authors.
They also insist that ‘the weight of available data and scientific evidence continues to point towards zoonotic origins.’
But scientists have found no hard evidence on the pandemic origins, despite testing 80,000 samples on animals to find a natural link, while China has made increasingly ludicrous claims over the origins as well as covering up the outbreak, lying over the date of first cases and taking offline Wuhan’s key database of samples and viral sequences.”
In his book, Farrar also discusses specific concerns brought forth by Andersen in January 2020. Recall, in April 2020, Andersen published “The Proximal Origin of SARS-CoV-2” with four other co-authors. But in January, three things alarmed him about the virus:
- The receptor binding domain, which is like a perfect key for entering human cells
- The furin cleavage site, which is not found in other bat coronaviruses and would be expected “if someone had set out to adapt an animal coronavirus to humans by taking a specific suit of genetic material from elsewhere and inserting it”
- A scientific paper describing the use of that very technique to modify the original SARS virus. Andersen allegedly thought it “looked like a how-to manual for building the Wuhan coronavirus in a laboratory”
Evidence of Collusion
Before Farrar’s February 1, 2020, call, Andersen was “60 to 70%” convinced SARS-CoV-2 was a lab creation, according to Farrar’s account. Yet Andersen also told Farrar he did not want to be a front man for the lab leak theory. Birrell writes:10
“Anderson told [Farrar] that he suddenly realized he might be the person who proved the new virus came from a lab. ’I didn’t necessarily want to be that person,’ he said.
‘When you make big claims like that you had better be sure that you can conclude something is based on evidence and not on speculation.’ So according to Farrar, then five experts wrestled with the evidence and, the following month, they declared in Nature Medicine that Sars-CoV-2 was ‘not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus’ …
They offered the circumstantial evidence that RaTG13, the closest known coronavirus to Sars-CoV-2, had different binding mechanisms — yet similar ones were found on pangolins, so ‘the ingredients … were out in the wild. They did not need to have escaped, or been unleashed, from a containment lab.’”
The problem with this argument is that they have no firm evidence of natural emergence. What’s more, while Andersen and co-authors claim they spent many sleepless nights carefully analyzing and evaluating the lab leak theory before finally dismissing it, in a May 2021 interview,11 co-author Robert Garry admitted the first draft of the Nature Medicine paper was finished February 1, 2020 — the day of Farrar’s conference call, which included four of the five co-authors.
Fauci’s email trove also reveals Farrar sent Fauci a rough draft of the Nature Medicine paper three days after that conference call, urging him to keep it confidential. That same day, Andersen also told another group of experts that the data “conclusively show” there was no engineering involved. “So far from having ‘many sleepless nights,’ these scientists seem to have changed their minds amazingly fast and reached fresh conclusions,” Birrell writes.
Elite Institutions Have Subverted the Truth
Another article addressing the subversion of truth by some of our most trusted scientific institutions is James Meigs’ Commentary piece, “The Lab-Leak-Theory Cover-Up.”12
“The dam is breaking,” Meigs writes. “And with the surging floodwaters, comes a stunning realization: Almost across the board, our elite institutions got the most important question about COVID wrong.
Worse, they worked furiously to discourage anyone else from getting it right. The leading scientific experts turned out to be spinning the truth. Our public-health officials put their political agenda ahead of any scientific mandate.
And the press and social-media giants eagerly played along, enforcing strict rules about which COVID topics were acceptable and which had to be banished from the national conversation.
During the Trump years, we heard a lot of hand-wringing about the public’s unwarranted ‘distrust’ of our society’s designated experts and leaders. But to be trusted, people and institutions have to be trustworthy.
The COVID-19 pandemic revealed a profound corruption at the heart of our expert class. The impact of that revelation will reverberate for years to come.”
As noted by Meigs, leading institutions not only declared the lab-leak theory incorrect, but also “dangerous and malicious,” and went to extraordinary lengths to “protect” the population from hearing anything that might infect their minds with such wrongthink.
In the end, all such efforts failed. Despite the ridicule, personal attacks and censorship, common sense and logic have managed to break through and, today, the failures of our most prestigious science institutions are laid bare.
Government Only Pays Lip Service to the Truth
The lab-leak question has also revealed corruption within other cherished institutions, such as the U.S. intelligence community. Two separate teams, one in the State Department and another under direction of the National Security Council, have been tasked with investigating the origin of SARS-CoV-2.
In Commentary, Meigs points out that both teams report facing intense internal pushback, according to Vanity Fair reporter Katherine Eban. Their own institutions urged them “not to open a ‘Pandora’s Box,’” which suggests the State Department and the NSC aren’t particularly interested in the truth. Of particular concern was the role the U.S. government may have played by funding gain-of-funding research on bat coronaviruses at the WIV.
While the ramifications of the truth might be extremely uncomfortable for some, if we allow individuals to shirk responsibility, the ramifications of that course of action could ultimately turn out to be lethal for mankind.
If U.S. institutions such as the NIAID funded gain-of-function research that resulted in a pandemic, we need to know, so we can close loopholes and implement better safeguards. I’ve argued that gain-of-function research that makes pathogens more dangerous to humans ought to be banned altogether, to prevent the creation of a truly lethal pandemic.
But even if we don’t ban it, we need to know what government agencies have been doing with our tax dollars, and decide whether they’ve been put to good use or not. In my opinion, creating pathogens capable of killing us is hardly a good use of our taxes, and should be stopped.
Origin Story Shows Importance of Independence
Most people want to trust government, academic and scientific institutions, and the media. Unfortunately, if the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that these institutions aren’t worthy of unequivocal trust.
They say they’re trustworthy, and they insist we must trust them, but their actions tell a different story. The pandemic has also shown us just how important it is for investigators, researchers and reporters to be truly independent. As noted by Meigs:13
“The story of why the line of inquiry survived is not an account of leading scientists and health organizations dutifully parsing the evidence.
Instead, it is largely the story of little-known researchers — many working outside the bounds of elite institutions — who didn’t let the political implications of their findings derail their efforts.
Much of what we know today about the Wuhan Institute’s risky research is thanks to these independent skeptics who challenged the institutional consensus. Some risked their careers to do so.”
One key group of self-organized researchers is the Decentralized Radical Autonomous Search Team Investigating COVID-19 (DRASTIC). They’ve made a number of important discoveries that have kept the lab-leak theory alive.
Massive Collusion to Suppress Inquisitiveness
“Throughout the pandemic we’ve often heard admonitions to ‘follow the science.’ Looking back we can see that few scientists — and even fewer journalists — really did,” Meigs notes. Among the few journalists who did tackle the elephant in the room were former New York Times reporters Nicholas Wade and Donald McNeil Jr.
“Notice the irony here: While two refugees from the New York Times were publishing deep, well-reported articles on an alternative outlet, the Times itself was still mostly ignoring the Wuhan-lab story,” Meigs writes.14
“One of its current pandemic specialists, Apoorva Mandavilli, was on Twitter urging everyone to ‘stop talking about the lab leak’ … When the pandemic hit last year, we were all urged to fall in line and listen to the authorities. Scientists and bureaucrats were elevated to near-divine status.
‘Let us pray, now, for science,’ Times tech columnist Farhad Manjoo wrote last February. ‘Pray for reason, rigor and expertise … Pray for the N.I.H. and the C.D.C. Pray for the W.H.O.’ Now the public is waking up to the fact that, prayers notwithstanding, those institutions largely failed us.
The WHO kowtowed to China’s deceptions. Anthony Fauci trimmed his public statements to fit the prevailing political winds. Some of the nation’s top virologists didn’t just dismiss the lab-leak possibility, they appeared to be covering up their own involvement with Wuhan gain-of-function research.
Journalists and social-media companies conspired to suppress legitimate questions about a disease that was killing thousands of Americans each day.”
Establishment Needs a Deep Clean
While we certainly need expertise, as Meigs points out, we must also be able to trust our experts, and the only way for trust to rebuild, experts must act from a strong ethical foundation, and be held responsible for dangerous failures.
“If the public concludes that COVID-19 was, in effect, an inside job, the political fallout could last a generation,” Meigs writes.15 “I don’t mean people will believe the virus was deliberately released … but that they will see the disease as a product of an elite power structure that behaves recklessly and evades responsibility.”
What makes the situation so problematic is that it’s not just one type of institution that is behaving recklessly and shirking responsibility. It’s not just the legacy media, or academia, or government, or public health, the intelligence apparatus, Big Tech, Big Pharma or the medical journal system. It’s all of them.
The Medical Journal System Has Failed Us Too
Continuing along that same line of reasoning, a July 27, 2021, Spectator article16 by Stuart Ritchie reviews the unhealthy relationship between The Lancet and China, and its role in thwarting scientific investigation into the origins of SARS-CoV-2. Ritchie points out how The Lancet’s editor-in-chief, Richard Horton, has routinely defended China’s actions:
“It’s not just the scientists and health workers of China that the Lancet has praised. In May last year, Horton appeared on the state-owned broadcaster China Central Television to praise how ‘tremendously decisively’ the Chinese Communist party had handled the pandemic. He also penned multiple editorials about China, including one entitled ‘Covid-19 and the Dangers of Sinophobia.’”
Ritchie also stresses that “some of the most famous stories of scientific fraud have originated at The Lancet during Horton’s tenure as editor,” including, most recently, fraudulent papers proclaiming to show that hydroxychloroquine is dangerous when used in COVID-19 patients, and Daszak’s “scientific statement” condemning the lab leak theory as wild conspiracy theory.
“The purpose of the Lancet, back in 1823, was to slice away the immorality and complacency of the medical establishment … [Lancet founder Thomas] Wakley would have been stunned to see that his journal now exemplifies that establishment,” Ritchie writes.17 “It embodies an unaccountable or only partially accountable elite that does often make progress, but fails abjectly to face up to its many faults.
In 2021, we might find that the best rejoinder to our establishment isn’t a new Wakley-style journal, but an entirely new way to think about science and how it’s published: a way that doesn’t hand over all our trust to editors and reviewers, but that emphasizes openness and transparency right from the start.
There are several proposals for how it could happen. The next rotten thing that needs to be cut away could be the journal system — and the Lancet itself.”
The censorship rolled out during the COVID pandemic has revealed a disconcerting truth, namely that corruption and collusion are rampant everywhere. By the looks of it, we need to do a clean sweep across the board, and that will require time, effort, and most of all, open public discussion.
Laws Have Been Broken. Who Will Hold Them Accountable?
In closing, I strongly recommend listening to Dr. David Martin’s explanation of antitrust law in the video below, and how, in the case of a criminal conspiracy, liability shielding evaporates.
In his view, having reviewed the evidence, there’s no doubt that the NIH/NIAID, the U.S. Health and Human Services Department, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, ATI, Moderna and Pfizer are guilty of criminal conspiracy (the legal definition thereof) and premeditative antitrust violations.
Without that criminal conspiracy and their premeditative acts, we would not be in the situation we’re in now, where censorship and pandemic measures and rules are putting the public health, well-being and sanity at risk. Unfortunately, while there is, theoretically, a legal way out of this pandemic, deep cracks in our justice system has also been exposed over the past year and a half.
Martin is currently struggling to find a state attorney general willing to pursue these violations so that we can bring this faux pandemic to a close. Hopefully, once enough people understand the illegality of the situation, someone will have the courage to step up to the plate. ##
Once more, the bulk of those topics have been covered on MHProNews and/or our MHLivingNews sister site. Examples are linked above and below. The bottom line is this. These are serious topics. The threats to personal freedom are real. But there are apparently millions who are waking up the the threatening realities. One simple way to push back is to share links with your circle. That’s essentially what Mercola is doing – getting others to share his often groundbreaking articles. He and others like him who care enough to challenge the big media, big government, big business, and big media axis merit our respect and thanks.
Next up is our business daily recap of yesterday evening’s market report and related left-right headlines.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left (CNN) – Right (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has recently been modified, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business = evening of 8.3.2021
- A stark divide
- The exterior of a Tyson Fresh Meats plant is seen on May 1, 2020 in Wallula, Washington.
- Why Tyson’s vaccine requirement for its meatpacking workers stands out
- New York City will require vaccines for entry to restaurants and gyms
- Microsoft to require vaccines for workers at its US offices
- These places won’t let you inside without proof of vaccination
- The companies are requiring employees to prove they’re vaccinated
- This Las Vegas mom of 3 could be kicked out of her home at any time
- Oil companies are wooing skeptical investors with cash. Will it work?
- Feeling crypto FOMO? Scammers are counting on it
- Nikola says its legal woes are over. But now it’s dogged by parts shortages
- Bill and Melinda Gates have finalized their divorce
- This controversial real-time crime alert app is now selling access to its safety agents
- Minivans are making a huge comeback. Here’s why
- Why remote work is a big problem for the economy
- A man walks along a street in a neighborhood of single family homes in Los Angeles, California on July 30, 2021.
- US household debt soared to nearly $15 trillion last quarter
- Employees gather for a group photo during a walkout at Activision Blizzard offices in Irvine, California, U.S., on Wednesday, July 28, 2021. Activision Blizzard Inc. employees called for the walkout on Wednesday to protest the company's responses to a recent sexual discrimination lawsuit and demanding more equitable treatment for underrepresented staff.
- The Activision Blizzard lawsuit could be a watershed moment for the business world. Here’s why
- SAN RAFAEL, CA – OCTOBER 29: 52 ounce bottles of Tropicana orange juice are displayed on a shelf at a grocery store on October 29, 2018 in San Rafael, California. With a seasonal shortage of oranges and grapefruit, U.S. based orange juice makers, including Tropicana and Minute Maid, have downsized their bottles from 59 ounces to 52 ounces without lowering the price of the product.
- PepsiCo is ditching juice as consumers do the same
- SUPPLY AND DEMAND
- Nike shoes are displayed at a Macy's store on September 22, 2020 in Corte Madera, California. Nike reported better-than-expected first quarter earnings with net income of $1.52 billion, or 95 cents per share, compared to $1.37 billion, or 86 cents per share, one year ago.
- Here’s everything you can’t get right now
- Here’s why you’re waiting months for furniture
- Nestle says food prices are going even higher
- The Great American Car Shortage won’t be over soon
- Van conversion businesses can’t keep up with #vanlife demand
- AROUND THE WORLD
- A photo taken on July 9, 2021 shows Tencent’s game Honor of Kings at the Electronic Sports Human PK AI competition held at the World Artificial Intelligence Conference 2021 in Shanghai, China.
- Tencent cracks down on screen time after Chinese state media says gaming is ‘spiritual opium’
- Alibaba tries to reassure investors as crackdown grows
- Hackers block Italian Covid-19 vaccination system
- Sky News Australia suspended from YouTube for a week
- Africa must remove flying barriers to secure post-pandemic boom
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 8.3.2021
- NY’s Dem DC Delegation Calls for Gov. Cuomo to Resign Over Allegations
- New York’s entire Democratic congressional delegation has now called for Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign after an investigation found he’d sexually harassed multiple women from 2013 to 2020. [Full Story]
- Related Stories
- Cuomo Flatly Denies Multiple Sexual Harassment Claims
- Stefanik Leads Charge of Cuomo Critics, Calls for Arrest ‘Immediately’ for Sex Harassment
- CNN Under Fire for Not Punishing Chris Cuomo for Advising Embattled Brother, Gov. Cuomo
- NY Attorney General: Gov. Cuomo Sexually Harassed Women
- Read Cuomo’s ‘Position Statement’
- Newsmax TV
- Nebraska Gov. Ricketts: Lockdowns, Mandates ‘Counterproductive’
- RNC’s McDaniel: Republicans Must Win in 2022 for Trump to Take 2024 |
- Blackburn: Kids Will Pay Price for Infrastructure Bill |
- Burchett: US Must Cut Off China Financially |
- Navarro: WH Economic Policies on Road to ‘Financial Ruin’ |
- Mace: Congress Mask Mandate Sign of ‘Authoritarian Regime’ |
- LaMalfa: GOP May Need Own COVID Protocols |
- Burchett: Biden WH Won’t Go After China |
- More Newsmax TV
- Rick Scott Again Calls for 2022 Olympics to Be Moved Out of China
- Rick Scott renewed his demand on Tuesday that the 2022 Olympics be moved out of China. His comments came in a tweet. “We must move the 2022 Olympics out of Communist China…… [Full Story]
- Treasury Secretary Yellen Tries to Calm Democrats on Evictions Ban
- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen on Tuesday spoke with House Democrats [Full Story]
- British Navy Group: ‘Potential Hijack’ of Ship Off UAE Coast
- The British navy warned Tuesday of a “potential hijack” of a ship off [Full Story]
- Senate Passes Bill to Award Congressional Gold Medals to DC Law Enforcement Officers
- The Senate Tuesday voted unanimously to approve a House-passed bill [Full Story]
- Officer Dead After Burst of Violence Outside Pentagon
- An officer died after being stabbed Tuesday during a burst of [Full Story]
- Stefanik Calls for Arrest of Cuomo ‘Immediately’ for Sex Harassment
- The No. 3 House Republican, New York GOP Rep. Elise Stefanik, on [Full Story]
- Kabul Hit by Powerful Explosion, Gunfire, at Least Three Dead
- A powerful blast followed by sporadic gunfire hit Afghanistan’s [Full Story]
- Facebook’s Push Into the Metaverse Is ‘Next Evolution of the Internet’
- Imagine attending a packed Trump rally halfway across the country – [Full Story] |
- Israel Flags Evidence Iran Hit Ship as Mideast Tensions Rise
- Israel said it had given allies “hard evidence” that Iran was behind [Full Story]
- William Shatner and 80 Americans Over 80
- Newsmax Magazine looks at the seniors still changing the nation … [Full Story]
- This Cheap Air Conditioner Will End the Hot Days for Good
- Arctos Portable AC
- Waltz: White House Losing Leverage Needed to Release Prisoner
- Michael Waltz, who served as a Green Beret in Afghanistan, on [Full Story]
- Head of Group for Exiled Belarusians Found Hanged in Ukraine
- A Belarusian activist living in exile in Ukraine was found hanged in [Full Story]
- Gallup Poll: Majority Support Mask, Vaccine Mandates in Schools
- The majority of Americans support mask mandates in schools for [Full Story]
- Russia Hands Navalny Ally Parole-Like Sentence Over Protests
- A court in Moscow on Tuesday sentenced a close ally of imprisoned [Full Story]
- RNC’s McDaniel to Newsmax: Republicans Must Win in 2022 for Trump to Take 2024
- Former President Donald Trump’s chance of reelection in 2024 [Full Story] |
- Catholic Editor: Bishops on the Right Track in Opposing Terry McAuliffe’s Agenda
- Virginia Catholic bishops have taken a good first step against [Full Story]
- Blackburn to Newsmax: Kids Will Pay Price for Infrastructure Bill
- The nation’s children and grandchildren will pay the price for [Full Story] |
- Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates Finalize Their Divorce
- The divorce of Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates has been [Full Story]
- Charlie Crist Urges DeSantis to Require Florida State Employees to Be Vaccinated
- Charlie Crist, D-Fla., who is a candidate for governor in [Full Story]
- Nebraska Gov. Ricketts to Newsmax: Lockdowns, Mandates ‘Counterproductive’
- Nebraska Gov. John Ricketts, one of the first state leaders to [Full Story] |
- Entire NY Congressional Delegation Has Called for Cuomo to Resign
- New York’s entire Democratic congressional delegation has now called [Full Story]
- ‘Muppet Babies’ Accused of ‘Pushing the Trans Agenda’
- The children’s television show “Muppet Babies” has been accused of [Full Story]
- CNN Under Fire for Not Punishing Chris Cuomo for Advising Embattled Brother, Gov. Cuomo
- CNN is getting heat for letting “Cuomo Prime Time” host Chris Cuomo [Full Story]
- Illinois Gov. Pritzker to Enforce Background Checks for Private Gun Sales
- Democrat Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a law making it a crime [Full Story]
- Reese Witherspoon Sells Hello Sunshine for $900M
- Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine has been sold to a new media [Full Story]
- NBA Game Ball Maker Tied to Slave Labor
- The Chinese manufacturer of the NBA’s official game balls is owned by [Full Story]
- Pentagon Lockdown Ended After Nearby Shooting
- The Pentagon was in lockdown Tuesday morning after reports of [Full Story]
- NY Attorney General: Gov. Cuomo Sexually Harassed Women
- An investigation into New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo found that he [Full Story]
- Black Lives Matter Protesters to Receive $5K Each for Iowa Capitol Ban
- Five protesters supporting the Black Lives Matter movement are set to [Full Story]
- Schools Rescind Mask Mandates After Gov. DeSantis Threatens Funding
- Two Florida school districts have rescinded face mask mandates after [Full Story]
- More Newsfront
- Hiring May Have Slowed in July Amid COVID Surge
- High-frequency data indicate U.S. hiring slowed in July – not held steady as widely expected – with particular softness among states that ended federal unemployment benefits and areas where the COVID-19… [Full Story]
- Meatpacker Tyson Foods Mandates Vaccines for Workers
- Sanofi Bets on MRNA Vaccines Beyond COVID in $3.2B Translate Bio Deal
- The $29B Deal in 11 Weeks: How Square Bought Afterpay
- US Company Profits Even Bigger Than Wall Street’s Lofty Targets
- More Finance
- Beware: Delta Brings New, Different Symptoms
- The Delta variant sweeping the nation is not only more contagious than previous mutations, it is also triggering different symptoms. In fact, there is one symptom that appears to indicate the new face of COVID-19, according to Eat This, Not That! At the beginning of the… [Full Story]
- No Sign COVID Raises Odds for Preterm Delivery, Stillbirths
- Earwax: Fact vs. Fiction
- Another Pandemic Harm: Seniors May Have Higher Risk of Falling
- US Hits 70 Percent Vaccination Rate, a Month Late, Amid a Surge
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12th year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.