“The debate will be moderated by Fox News host Chris Wallace, who plans to focus on six topics, split up into 15-minute segments: “the Trump and Biden records, the Supreme Court, COVID-19, the economy, race and violence in our cities, and the integrity of the election.” You can watch the first, second, and third debates, as well as the vice-presidential debate, without commercial interruption on ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and C-SPAN. If you do not have television, you will be able to stream the debate live on C-SPAN’s YouTube channel.”
Additional debate-related information is in our featured focus segment further below. That will follow the quotable quotes, left-right headlines, and two of the three market recaps tonight. The manufactured home industry specific stocks follow the featured focus and related reports.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues..
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- A record fine
- NEW YORK, NY – MAY 11: A Chase sign is viewed at the company’s New York headquarters on May 11, 2012 in New York City. In a surprise announcement after the markets closed on Thursday, JPMorgan Chase said that it has suffered trading losses of $2 billion since the start of April.
- JPMorgan Chase to pay $920 million to settle trading misconduct allegations
- Americans feel better about the economy now than at any point during the pandemic
- Best Buy closed down stores in the pandemic. But people kept shopping
- American Airlines pilot: Thousands of us could lose our jobs this week if Congress doesn’t step up
- Nordstrom will no longer sell fur and exotic animal skins
- Pinterest is this year’s best social media stock
- Teachers and truckers say Allianz gambled away billions in pensions
- Brexit is back and the stakes are higher than ever
- A big Chinese tech company is quitting Wall Street after 20 years
- Target is getting in on Prime Day with its own set of deals
- ELECTION 2020
- President Donald Trump leaves after speaking about coronavirus testing during an event in the Rose Garden of the White House, Monday, Sept. 28, 2020, in Washington.
- America’s CEOs say Trump failed on coronavirus — and they’re backing Biden
- Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden speaks during a Biden for President Black economic summit at Camp North End in Charlotte, N.C., Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2020.
- Biden campaign and Facebook get in public spat on debate day
- UNIVERSAL CITY, CA – JULY 9: Businessman Donald Trump listens as potential contestants discuss their opinions on the first stop of the 16 city “The Apprentice” Recruiting Tour on July 9, 2004 at Universal Studios Hollywood in Universal City, California.
- 4 things to know about the NYT report on Trump and ‘The Apprentice’
- See how Fox News hosts covered President Trump’s tax returns
- WASHINGTON, DC – SEPTEMBER 28: President Donald Trump pauses as he speaks as he gives an update on the Nations Coronavirus Testing Strategy on the Rose Garden at the White House on September 28, 2020 in Washington, DC.
- Trump taxes: He paid about $17 to law and order in 2016
- NEW YORK, UNITED STATES – 2020/08/20: A view of Trump International Hotel and Tower.
- Opinion: Trump’s $750 tax bill proves he’s right: The system is broken
- Analysis: During Tuesday’s debate, the echo chambers will be temporarily erased
- The seat of the Fox News moderator Chris Wallace is seen as preparations are going on at site of the first US Presidential debate is seen on September 28, in Cleveland, Ohio. – Tuesday’s clash in Cleveland, Ohio, the first of three 90-minute debates, represents the first time voters will have the chance to see the candidates facing off against one another directly.
- Opinion: Chris Wallace will again try artfully to handle a contentious presidential debate
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Biden, Trump campaigns ramp up spending on ad blitz over bitter battle
- More than $1.8 million has reportedly already been spent on TV ads about the Supreme Court, according to one ad-tracking firm.
- Google to block political ads starting the day after general election
- Trump spars with Bloomberg over $100M Biden boost in Florida battleground
- Ex-Trump adviser on debate: ‘You are going to see a champion on the stage’
- Stocks slip as energy, financials fall ahead of Biden-Trump debate
- Presidential election outcome poised to impact these stocks, sectors the most
- Trump’s ‘secret voters’ may give him an edge, analysts forecast
- Farmers harvest 1,000 acres of neighbor’s crops after man suffers heart attack
- Charles Payne: Can’t close the wealth gap with higher taxes
- CALLING OUT ‘FAILURES’
- Why the Biden camp just wrote this letter to Zuckerberg about Facebook
- DON’T MISS OUT
- PERSONAL FINANCE
- 3 strategic Social Security moves that will leave you richer
- LIVE FROM NEW YORK…
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ taking big step back to normalcy — with strict rules
- Explosive California wildfires ravage famous wineries, parts of luxury resort
- NEXT ROUND
- Coca-Cola to enter US alcoholic drinks market with Molson Coors tie-up
- KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Major airport becomes first to offer coronavirus testing to all passengers
- GOING ‘BEYOND’
- FOOD & DRINKS
- Walmart stocking shelves with more of this type of ‘meat’
- IT’S ‘ME!’
- Taylor Swift just surpassed this superstar’s longtime Billboard record
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE
- SEE IT: FOX Business enhances portfolio tracker, real-time market data
- Kudlow: Trump incentives, tax cuts, deregulation ‘unleashed a wave’ of middle class prosperity
- Amazon introduces ability to pay with your hands
- Arizona mail-in ballot printers kick into high gear as election nears
- Cyberattack hobbles major hospital chain’s US facilities, staff forced to use paper records
- Giuliani says big-city crime spikes fall ‘on the shoulders of Democratic policies’
- Airline rethinks ‘flights to nowhere,’ will launch this instead
- Citigroup’s Ray McGuire, with Bloomberg ties, preps NYC mayoral run
- LVMH sues Tiffany & Co. after historic $16B deal breaks down
- RICH & FAMOUS
- Cardi B trademarking ‘WAP’ for lines of clothing, shoes, beverages
- Amazon launches personal service for these shoppers
- FOOD & DRINK
- Where to get free, discounted java on National Coffee Day
- Prime suspect: Former Amazon manager and family members charged with insider trading
- Mexico launches special guard force to protect mining companies from drug cartels
- Biden’s tax plan could destroy 3M jobs, former Trump economist projects
- CARS + TRUCKS
- 2021 Ford F-150 sets class tow rating record at 14,000 pounds
- Polaris teaming with Zero Motorcycles on electric snowmobiles and off-road vehicles
- Bankrupt gun maker Remington Outdoor to be broken up and sold
- Devon Energy to buy shale-oil rival WPX Energy for $2.56 billion
- REAL ESTATE
- Pierce Brosnan seeking $100M for James Bond-inspired Malibu estate
- ‘Schitt’s Creek’ motel is going up for sale: report
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Continuing with some pull quotes from Vulture, is this information.
“The second [presidential] debate will air Thursday, October 15 from 9 to 10:30 p.m. ET. It will be held in Miami, Florida, and moderated by C-SPAN political editor Steve Scully. The third debate will be held at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee, on Thursday, October 22, from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. ET. It will be moderated by NBC News White House correspondent Kristen Welker.”
“The vice-presidential debate between Joe Biden’s running mate [Senator] Kamala Harris (CA-D) and current VP Mike Pence will take place at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah, on Wednesday, October 7 from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. ET. It will be moderated by USA Today’s Washington bureau chief, Susan Page.”
A report tonight on right-of-center Fox Business indicates that the Biden campaign asked for short breaks during the 90-minute event. That source says the Trump campaign declined that notion. The Biden campaign declined doing a drug test or a check to see if the former Obama-era vice president would be wearing an earpiece, something spotted in recent days by those observing VP Biden. The Biden campaign declined that test and check.
Watch for these debating tactics.
It promises to be interesting.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Communities, Assoc Exposé – Whistleblower “Leaks” – Lesli Gooch Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) CEO and Sheila S. Dey, Executive Director Western Manufactured Housing Communities Association (WMA)
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.