That makes sense, because millions of businesses, workers, and others are concerned with what lies ahead.
Investors crave certainty, so the saying goes. There are several things that appear to be uncertainties, the drama of the Wuhan, China originated coronavirus pandemic is one of them.
Dr. Scott Atlas, M.D. with the Hoover Institute disputes COVID-19 fear mongering tactics from our health officials. The video that follows explains his take on why fear is not warranted for “99 percent” of most Americans.
The first comment posted on YouTube regarding the video above says “The “news” has been playing with the numbers since day one.”
As if to echo Dr. Atlas’ point about low mortality rates, Dr. David Murdock in Wausau, WI – who drew national attention for attending a protest some weeks ago – posted this graphic on his Facebook feed.
Cases are going up for a variety of reasons. But the risk of dying from the COVID19 virus are low for the vast majority of Americans.
That echoes a point made by AEI some weeks ago.
Having set the table with that backdrop, the AEI Nowcast for the 27th week of the year, June 27th to July 3rd, 2020 data, will be our featured focus. It will include some manufactured housing related observations. That report is found beyond the left-right headline news bullets and 2 of our 3 market snapshots at the close today. The manufactured housing industry connected stocks are near the end of the report each evening, after the featured focus and the related/recent report links.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Credit card debt plunges
- Miami Beach, Tropical Beach Cafe credit card scanner.
- Americans are spending a lot less during the pandemic, paying down balances instead
- Dow and S&P fall after the Supreme Court ruled that prosecutors can seek Trump’s tax returns
- Walmart is about to give Amazon Prime a serious run for its money
- United, American Air cancel Hong Kong flights over crew Covid-19 tests
- Sur La Table files for bankruptcy
- Coronavirus canceled office clothing. These stores are in big trouble
- Bed Bath & Beyond plans to close 200 stores
- New York City rents slide as vacancies hit a record
- How Kanye West embodies the Payroll Protection Program’s big problems
- Opinion: Why workplace diversity efforts are failing
- This is the ‘Waffle House Index’ for coronavirus
- Starbucks will require customers to wear masks
- TikTok may try to distance itself from China amid US scrutiny
- Meghan tries to stop her friends from being named in media lawsuit
- An empty road leads into a deserted Disney resort after it was closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Kissimmee, Florida on May 5, 2020.
- ‘It’s the heart of the brand’: Disney World reopens as coronavirus cases spike in Florida
- The all new mid-engine Corvette Stingray
- The latest Corvette is great, but wait til you see what’s next
- The U.S. Capitol stands in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Tuesday, May 12, 2020. Lawmakers continue negotiations over the next round of coronvirus stimulus legislation, with a Senate Democrat saying today that a handful of Republicans could be on board with a proposal to send $500 billion in funding to states.
- Benefits cliff: Debate over $600 payments could dictate the US recovery
- HOUSE OF MOUSE
- 397155 06: Mickey Mouse rides in a parade through Main Street, USA with Cinderella’s castle in the background at Disney World's Magic Kingdom November 11, 2001 in Orlando, Florida.
- Disney World union head warns Disney has to get Florida reopening right
- Disneyland reopening postponed
- Colin Kaepernick signs production deal with Disney
- Why Disney+ is now a blessing and a burden for Disney
- What 12 minutes with someone like Bob Iger can teach you
- Instagram pounces on India market after TikTok is banned
- Europe’s recession will be even deeper than expected
- Tech companies are still helping police scan your face
- Threat to trade: Exhausted crews want off cargo ships
- UK to spend $38 billion on restaurant discounts and tax breaks as jobs crisis hits
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Why Trump going after Hong Kong’s currency to hit China could seriously backfire: Expert
- The idea has been floated by some advisers to President Trump as a way to punish Beijing for passing a Hong Kong national security law.
- Market reacts after SCOTUS rejects Trump bid to block taxes from subpoena
- Biden’s tax returns reveal post-White House windfall: 3 biggest takeaways
- PERSONAL FINANCE
- 3 reasons to claim Social Security at 62 if there’s a second wave of COVID-19
- REAL ESTATE
- Record low mortgage rates for the third consecutive week
- This is your most important password: What to know about fending off cybercrime
- Trump just won a Supreme Court case. Here’s how it could play out in the election.
- BUY THE FARM
- An exodus from big cities is making rural housing just as hot as suburbs
- SUICIDE WATCH
- Feds feared Epstein confidante Ghislaine Maxwell might kill herself
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- Google picks this rural state for 1st US operations center
- TRUMP’S TAX TEAM
- What to know about Mazars USA, Trump’s accounting firm
- ROOMS WITH A VIEW
- Vacation hot spot plans to offer dreamy incentive for remote workers
- FRIENDS HELPING FRIENDS
- RICH & FAMOUS
- Meghan Markle tries to prevent ‘friends’ from being named in suit
- WEIGH THE RISKS
- The best reason to take Social Security long before age 70
- IMPROVING THE ODDS
- Caesars Entertainment rolls out new coronavirus requirement for employees
- BANK BREAKS
- Wells Fargo reportedly preparing to cut thousands of jobs
- CLINTON CASH CO.?
- Chelsea Clinton forming venture capital firm: Report
- RECIPE FOR PROBLEMS
- Upscale kitchenware store cleans out cupboards, files for bankruptcy
- NOT READY FOR THE CLOSE UP
- Disney World coronavirus reopening: Here’s what will be different
- THE SHORT GAME
- The best reason to take Social Security long before age 70
- SCREECHING HALT
- Harley-Davidson announces hundreds of layoffs, exec shakeup
- ARMORING UP
- LAW ENFORCEMENT
- Houston officials, police trade jabs over vote on helmets, tactical gear: Report
- Starbucks requiring coronavirus face coverings at coffee shops
- Rolling Stones to release unheard tracks from 1973 album
- Iconic NYC bar, White Horse Tavern, forced to close
- Drone delivery coming to Southern grocery store
- Dakota Access seeks stay of pipeline shutdown order pending appeal
- Data suggests struggling streaming service massively failed major test
- ‘Pretty big shock’: Expiring coronavirus jobless benefits pose risk to recovery
- Elon Musk says Tesla ‘very close to self-driving cars
- Unemployment claims sink in better-than-expected report as layoffs plateau
- 8 smart things to do with this year’s tax refund
- Teachers will flee in droves if schools not protected from COVID: labor leader
- NYPD limits retirement applications amid 400% surge this week
- NFL star says this must be league’s top priority heading into season
- Bali island begins to reopen after 3-month coronavirus lockdown
- WATCH: Americans fleeing big cities, landing here as ‘space’ race heats up
- Coronavirus prompts double-digit weight gain for Americans under lockdown
- Loeffler, co-owner of WNBA franchise, stands by her Black Lives Matter criticism
- SBA defends small-biz loans to restaurant chains, billionaire-backed businesses
- Wholesale inventories tumble in May
- Phil received $7M in PPP loans — while son splurged on $10M home
- US finalizing federal contract ban for companies that use Huawei, others
- Violent protesters’ ‘mayhem’ has cost Portland businesses more than $20M
- Amazon reveals states with most digital entrepreneurs
- PERSONAL FINANCE
- Tens of thousands of Americans have already received 2 stimulus checks
- TikTok considers changes to distance app from Chinese roots
- Ford CEO defends law enforcement use of Police Interceptor vehicle
- Fed officials warn economic slowdown is coming, here’s why
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
The report below is the summary of this week’s AEI Nowcast. Following their data-driven report will be an MHProNews analysis in brief
Week 27 (June 27th – July 3rd, 2020)
Nowcasting is the prediction of present economic trends using alternative data sources that are both detailed and high-frequency. This report uses real-time information on a weekly basis. This email contains the first 5 pages of the Nowcast.
- In a continuation of the last several weeks’ strong upward trend, purchase rate lock volume for the week of June 27 (week 27) rose 62% from a year ago. This provides further evidence that the worst of the near term effects of the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown may be behind us on a national level.
- Some of the increase was due to 4th of July falling on a Saturday this year as opposed to Thursday last year. If we only focus on the first 3 days of the week, the increase was 49% from a year ago.
- As a result of the last three weeks’ strong purchase lock volume, combined with strong volume in weeks 1-13, year-to-date volume is now running 18% ahead of last year.
- However, much of the Northeast, Midwest, and West continue to lag the national trend.
- National home price appreciation (HPA) exceeded the rate before the pandemic, which may indicate the home price boom will likely continue due to low rates and heavy demand.
- For week 27, national HPA stood at 8.5%, which is up from a pre-pandemic high of 7.3% during week 10.
- This recovery comes after HPA had decelerated to 3.7% in week 18.
- For the week of June 27 (week 27), cash-out refinance rate lock activity was up 101% from a year ago. Overall, cash-out volume continues to run well above the pre-crisis period.
Note: Due to the recent stabilization in rate lock activity and trends, we will be publishing these nowcasts every other week unless we observe notable changes to the market, in which case we may produce additional reports.”
MHProNews Analysis and Commentary in Brief
Manufactured housing is underperforming. The opportunities post-pandemic are growing, not diminishing. AEI recently noted that there is a need to boost the supply of housing.
What AEI is reporting on via data, affordable manufactured housing is able to supply.
That said, the industry is not recovering at the same pace as mainstream housing.
That’s an indictment of the so-called leadership of the largest companies that are arguably throttling the development of more manufactured homes by thwarting good laws that would make that possible.
There will be a special report that will put this into a data-driven and opportunity-laden context in the days ahead. Watch for it.
Related, Recent and Read Hot Reports
“The way to defeat bad ideas is by exposure, argument, and persuasion, not by trying to silence or wish them away.” JK Rowling, Gloria Steinem, Noam Chomsky, 150 Others Decry Censorship in “Letter on Justice and Open Debate,” Harpers
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.