Dictionary.com says, “Jujitsu definition, a method developed in Japan of defending oneself without the use of weapons by using the strength and weight of an adversary to disable him.”
Ponder that, “using the strength and weight of an adversary” against them. Here’s more about jujitsu or jiujitsu: “use of an opponent’s strengths or one’s own weaknesses to accomplish one’s goals.” That might sound like magic, an answer to prayer, or a dream come true.
Manufactured home industry professionals who want to see honest and robust growth need all of the above, plus what follows.
The hottest topic in the industry presently is that viral video by Oliver called “Mobile Homes.” You can see that video on MHLivingNews, linked further below. Because that is the hottest issue, that also means that the fact checks and related on MHLivingNews are ‘read hot’ here on MHProNews.
That logically means those who are found here or on MHLivingNews can benefit from Oliver’s hit video. Those who aren’t, can’t to that same degree.
Our twin public and professional platforms have done fact-checks on challenging issues like Oliver’s video for years. The more analysis and commentary we do, the stronger our pro-growth trade media platforms become. No one else in our industry even comes close. No wonder there’s 1.2 million page views monthly on MHProNews alone.
Let’s give of how tackling to thorny issues is useful. Let’s look at an example from 5 years ago. It was arguably Frank Rolfe’s first big splash, “The Cold Hard Lessons of Mobile Home U” in the New York Times by Gary Rivlin.
5 years from now, don’t be surprised if you find the same outcome above to be true about this hit video by Oliver. We robustly respond online with appropriate fact checks and pushing back were needed. The result? Jujitsu pays off.
John Oliver Video Analysis Summary
The short version of our various fact-checks – all found linked further below – reveals these surprising connections.
The firms slammed by Oliver are all connected to:
- Warren Buffett led Berkshire Hathaway’s Clayton Homes and/or or the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI).
- As Saturday’s special report linked below documents, MHAction’s dark money funding traces back to Warren Buffett. We followed the money trail, so it’s easy for you or anyone else to see the compelling evidence.
- Those two bullets above mean that the responsibility for the allegations against each of the operations named by Oliver belong with those companies and non-profits, not anyone else. Why should the balance of the manufactured home industry suffer for what a relatively small group has done?
- Rephrased, we’ve used jujitsu to put the responsibility where it should be. Meanwhile, we, our industry allies, and comrades can benefit.
The rest are the fascinating details, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary.
That means that MHProNews can pivot back to other matters, because those reports will keep working in the background for years to come. So while MHI and their bud whine and preen, we’ve done what they couldn’t or wouldn’t do.
- Those who sponsor and do business development work with us on MHProNews and MHLivingNews can benefit, jujitsu style.
- By contrast, those stuck on the MHI train get to pay them, and pay the added price for being affiliated with the claims lodged against their fellow MHI members.
There’s Always More…
Several other significant issues occurred this past week, from 4-7-2019 to 4-14.-2019. With no further adieu, check those out in the reports linked from the text-image boxes or other hot-links that follow. They are all here for you on the most pro-growth platforms in all of manufactured home professional or public engagement.
What’s New on MHLivingNews
HBO’s John Oliver on Last Week Tonight Mobile Homes Video, Manufactured Home Communities Fact Check – manufacturedhomelivingnews.com
” Mobile homes were perfected by humans, but invented by snails,” John Oliver on HBO’s Last Week Tonight, per Time. ” The homes of some the poorest people in America are being snapped up by some of the richest people in America.” Really?
Why is Seattle Dying? Affordable Housing, Misplaced Compassion, and Manufactured Homes – manufacturedhomelivingnews.com
In just over three weeks, this video below entitled ” Seattle is Dying ” by KOMO, a local ABC TV affiliate there, has broken 2.1 million views. It is an hour-long and compelling documentary that ends with hope based upon some promising solutions. But it first lays out one troubling fact and example after another.
What’s New from MHARR
MHARR Calls on New Fannie Mae CEO Hugh Frater to Fully and Properly Implement Federal Law | Manufactured Housing Association Regulatory Reform
MHARR CALLS ON NEW FANNIE MAE CEO TO FULLY AND PROPERLY IMPLEMENT FEDERAL LAW Washington, D.C., April 11, 2019- The Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR), in an April 9, 2019 communication to newly-installed Fannie Mae Chief Executive Officer, Hugh R.
HUD Study, Analysis of Zoning Discrimination Against Manufactured Housing Sought | Manufactured Housing Association Regulatory Reform
MHARR SEEKS HUD STUDY AND ANALYSIS OF ZONING DISCRIMINATION AGAINST MANUFACTURED HOUSING Washington, D.C., April 8, 2019 – The Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR), in an April 4, 2019 meeting with HUD policy, analysis and research officials, called on the Department to conduct nationwide research – and follow-up analysis – concerning local zoning mandates that discriminatorily exclude or drastically restrict the placement of federally-regulated manufactured homes to the detriment of lower and moderate-income American families in large areas of the country.
What’s New on the Masthead
What’s New on the Daily Business News from MHProNews
That’s When you carefully digest the content we provide each week, here are the two bullets it often boils down to once pondered.
- First, there are numerous ways that a savvy firm in manufactured housing could be doing far more business than what it is, honorably and ethically.
- The second point is that the industry’s leaders are arguably doing a terrible job, given the tremendous needs for affordable housing in the U.S.
That’s this Sunday morning weekly recap. We’re happy to be “Delivering to Manufactured Home Independents & Investors Useful Intelligence for Your Professional Life.” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis, and commentary.)
NOTICE 2: Readers have periodically reported that they are getting a better experience when reading MHProNews on the Microsoft Edge, or Apple Safari browser than with Google’s Chrome browser. Chrome reportedly manipulates the content of a page more than the other two browsers do.
(Related Reports are further below. Third-party images and content are provided under fair use guidelines.)
1) To sign up in seconds for our MH Industry leading emailed news updates, click here.
2) To pro-vide a News Tips and/or Commentary, click the link to the left. Please note if comments are on-or-off the record, thank you.
You can click on the image/text boxes to learn more about that topic.