There are numerous ties between energy sector jobs and factory-built housing. UMH Properties (UMH), to name but one example, has a significant location count in the Marcellus region. Several producers are keen on workforce housing, or retailers who sell homes to those who work in the energy sector. On a day when the majority of manufactured home tracked stocks rose, this evening, we’ll spotlight the 45th president’s comments to union workers in the energy pipeline sector as our feature report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Xerox is soaring
- One of 2019’s top stocks is a 113-year-old company
- Where to put your money when earnings are weak
- Stocks: What’s there to worry about?
- Disney to test its power with new streaming service
- Under pressure, Amazon plans to accept cash at cashierless ‘Go’ stores
- INTERACTIVE The US minimum wage through the years
- Mattress Firm loses CEO
- House votes to restore net neutrality rules
- Patagonia sues Anheuser-Busch for selling beer that bears its name
- SpaceX faces a key test in the upcoming launch of its biggest rocket
- PERSPECTIVES Why we’re still years away from a robocall-free future
- Interviewing for a new job? Here’s the best time to bring up salary
- Amazon employees put pressure on Jeff Bezos to release climate change plan
- YouTube TV prices are going up to nearly $50 a month
- Walmart is selling 98¢ reusable bags to cut down on plastic
- There’s trouble in OPEC. Oil prices are up 50%
- Does OPEC really control oil prices?
- America should embrace wind power, Washington governor says
- Trump to sign executive orders meant to free up oil and gas pipeline development
- 5G IS HERE
- D8870R The Chicago skyline seen from Hancock tower
- Looking for 5G? Here are the US cities that have it
- How 5G will transform manufacturing
- Farmers are using 5G sensors and drones
- The countries leading the way on 5G
- Verizon launches first 5G phone you can use on a 5G network in US
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Mnuchin doesn’t think Fed’s Powell is ‘wrong person’, despite Trump criticism
- Fed minutes reaffirm patient approach to interest rates in 2019
- Bernie Sanders unveils new Medicare-for-all bill
- US bank CEOs voice support for independent Fed, decline to discuss Moore, Cain appointments
- Chase CEO Jamie Dimon defends bank’s firearm policy
- Elizabeth Warren, 2020 presidential hopeful, releases 2018 tax returns
- Masters Tournament’s green jacket: A mysterious sports symbol worth millions
- IRS chief grilled over tax credit for low-income working families
- Masters Tournament purse breakdown: A look at the winner’s share
- Fed ‘growth hawk’ Stephen Moore: Economists getting economy all wrong
- Retirement realities: What’s in, and what’s out
- Pelosi can’t steer Democrats away from unworkable, socialized medicine: Rep. Brady
- Mansion once owned by oil heir William Getty sells for $27M
- Ford issues recall for 327,000 previously serviced F-150, Super Duty trucks
- New Yorkers want Amazon to reconsider its HQ2 pullout
- American savers have lost roughly $500 billion because of low interest rates
- Disney to provide post-Fox merger outlook, detail new streaming service
- 10 cities in danger of a housing crash this year
- Top company founders who didn’t graduate from college
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
This event took place less than an hour ago and is a testament to how much more rapidly video embed codes can be obtained for certain events.
President Donald J. Trump signed two executive orders to speed the process for getting permits approved or denied.
Among the interesting points of this video is that George Prescott Bush Commissioner of the Texas General Land Office attended the signing. This Bush is corporate lawyer, former U.S. Navy Reserve officer, real estate investor, and the only family member who has a warm relationship with POTUS Trump.
We’ll note as usual that as political independents, we believe in policies that are good for the people and businesses alike. We also believe that affordable housing – and the creation of good jobs – are ideally bipartisan or non-partisan. See the related reports, linked below.
Democrats, Republicans Agree – “Manufactured Homes Can Play a Vital Role in Easing” the Affordable Housing Shortage – manufacturedhomelivingnews.com
For years here on MHLivingNews and our professional sister site, MHProNews, we’ve worked with a simple premise. Affordable quality living is a non-partisan issue. Rephrased, that means it should be a bipartisan effort to understand and promote the most proven kind of affordable housing that America has ever known.
HBO’s John Oliver on Last Week Tonight Mobile Homes Video, Manufactured Home Communities Fact Check – manufacturedhomelivingnews.com
” Mobile homes were perfected by humans, but invented by snails,” John Oliver on HBO’s Last Week Tonight, per Time. ” The homes of some the poorest people in America are being snapped up by some of the richest people in America.” Really?
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.