On a day that saw each major index drop, and almost all manufactured home tracked stocks fall, with Tax Day approaching, we thought we’d feature a short history of U.S. taxation infographic. Not perfect, but it is fascinating.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Here’s what’s scary
- Nobody on Wall Street is afraid. That’s not good
- Rising wages are good for consumers, but not investors
- Airlines have completely stopped ordering the 737 Max
- American Airlines cuts sales forecast due to 737 Max crisis
- LIVE UPDATES Under Armour is down 5% for whatever reason
- $4 gas is nearly a reality for many Americans
- Standard Chartered is paying $1.1 billion for US sanctions violations
- There’s trouble in OPEC and oil prices are up 50%
- Racist comments flooded YouTube livestream of congressional hearing on white nationalism
- US threatens tariffs on $11 billion of European goods over Airbus subsidies
- Investors go wild for Saudi Aramco’s first bond as orders top $100 billion
- IMF warns global economy is in a ‘delicate moment’
- Uber didn’t do enough to warn women about series of rapes by fake Uber drivers, lawsuit alleges
- Yahoo tries again to settle data breach lawsuit. This time it offers $118 million
- Walmart is doubling down on robot janitors. Here’s why
- SpaceX faces a key test in the upcoming launch of its biggest rocket
- These hemp farmers are making a killing on the CBD industry
- This Alphabet-owned company is delivering espresso via drone in Australia
- Robot valets may soon park your car at this airport
- The gadgets of the future know everything wrong with you right now
- FedEx turns to Segway inventor to build delivery robot
- Watch this robot lift boxes in a warehouse
- The anti-Facebook: Inside Pinterest’s slow and quiet rise
- WeWork buys office management startup
- Glossier is now valued at $1 billion
- Airbnb invests in India’s biggest hotel company
- Rent the Runway’s newest feature makes a subscription even more useful
- How influencers keep their #ads and their audiences
- This Boston Dynamics robot is made for the warehouse
- Conspiracy theorists attacked them. Then they fought back
- This modern farm house is made from reclaimed barns
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- FBI indicts CEOs, COOs in $1.2B telemarketing scam that targeted Medicare recipients
- Competition among middleman drug price negotiators under Senate spotlight
- Stocks fall as US, EU clash over support for aerospace giants
- WATCH: Ocasio-Cortez psychopathy tweet raises questions, Karl Rove says
- Walmart to roll out thousands more robots in stores
- Friendly’s closes 23 restaurants amid sagging sales
- Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall will have another hit with ‘Coming to America 2’: Joe Piscopo
- These are the best (and worst) states for millennials
- Airbus dispute: US threatens EU with $11B in tariffs
- Bank of America to raise its minimum wage to $20 an hour
- 10 cities in danger of a housing crash this year
- Howard Schultz: Capitalism crybabies haven’t made payroll, hired workers
- Netflix in talks to buy Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood: Report
- Is your credit score accurate?
- Twitter paid Jack Dorsey $1.40 in 2018, an ode to old character limit
- How to plan for health-care costs during retirement
- Sanders says ‘average billionaire’ gets $33M daily bonus under tax cuts
- How artificial intelligence can make medicine more human
- Tax season: A look at IRS penalties
- A look at the average IRS refund this tax season
- Tax season: Pros and cons of refund advances
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Its disclosure time. Tonight’s feature, as in any ‘short history,’ is going to skip a lot of facts.
So, for those who may forget that there were tax changes during the Obama and Clinton years – to mention but two overlooked examples – just keep that in mind as you look at the data.
For those who get the many values of history, this is useful. First, someone that looks at this that may not have thought about it before, but there was large stretches of U.S. history without an income tax.
The income tax was used by President Abraham Lincoln but was later rejected. It was until the passage of the 13th Amendment that the modern income tax system was ‘born.’
Some today still question if that income tax amendment was properly ratified, claiming that the various bills didn’t truly reconcile, thus making the ratification process – in that view – illicit. But try convincing the IRS of that, good luck with that, right?
When you think about deficits and huge federal debts, don’t forget that these huge ones are a modern phenomena.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.