From across the left-right spectrum, there is surprise and push back on President of the United States (POTUS) Donald J. Trump’s proposed nominees to the Federal Reserve Board. It’s a chess game, in part, as POTUS Trump is essentially using the nominees in part to hammer a message home that he wants lower rates. On a day with modest movement in the markets, our focus will be on former Reagan administration star, Arthur Laffer and his interesting take on the 45th president’s nominees to the Fed of Stephen Moore and Herman Cain.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- More trouble ahead
- The analyst who foretold GE’s downfall thinks its problems are far from over
- GE’s terrible day — in one chart
- Warren Buffett weighs in on who should be the troubled bank’s next CEO
- LIVE UPDATES AMC soars 7% on ‘Avengers Endgame’ ticket sales
- US oil prices finish above $64 a barrel for the first time since Halloween
- Why the remarkable US stock market recovery could just be getting started
- Europe is making AI rules now to avoid a new tech crisis
- Pinterest’s IPO filing disappoints
- American Airlines cancellations reach into June because of 737 Max grounding
- Larry Kudlow says Trump is not interfering with the Fed
- Univision sells Gizmodo Media Group to private equity firm
- Under Modi, India’s economy has grown $1 trillion. But lack of jobs is still an issue
- The rules on CEO tweets weren’t made for Elon Musk
- Boeing is about to reveal just how much the 737 Max grounding hurt its business
- Facebook's CEO Mark Zuckerberg delivers a speech at the VivaTech (Viva Technology) show in Paris, on May 24, 2018. (Sipa via AP Images)
- New Zealand’s privacy commissioner calls Facebook ‘morally bankrupt’
- Get ready for awful corporate earnings
- The frightening future of robocalls: Numbers and voices you know
- What you can do right now to stop robocalls
- What AT&T, Comcast and Verizon are doing about them
- Perspectives: Why robocalls are about to get more dangerous
- FCC: Nearly half the calls you receive this year will be spam
- London gets world’s first 24-hour air pollution charge zone
- Tesla is helping Fiat Chrysler meet EU emissions targets
- We can’t rely solely on renewable energy yet, but there’s another way companies can fight climate change
- GE bets on offshore wind as fossil fuels business stumbles
- Shell quits major US oil lobby over climate change
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- CVS, Aetna deal reversal would be ‘catastrophic’ to the industry: Judge Napolitano
- US stocks mixed as industrials slide but tech shares gains
- Felicity Huffman, 13 others to plead guilty in US college admissions scandal: Prosecutors
- 10 cities in danger of a housing crash this year
- Texas Tech banned smartphones amid NCAA tournament run: Report
- Piscopo: Ocasio-Cortez’s fake accent ripe for ‘SNL’ parody
- This is now the best state for job seekers
- Duke ‘looking into’ Michael Avenatti’s allegation that Nike paid Zion Williamson
- Boeing shares plunge after downgrade, 737 Max production being cut
- Beto O’Rourke calling Israel PM Netanyahu racist a mistake: Joe Lieberman
- WrestleMania transportation mess: NJ Transit blames WWE event’s long runtime for train delays
- Nunes to send 8 criminal referrals to AG Barr this week
- Here’s why Americans are optimistic about the housing market
- Investment in US economy surges amid smaller tax refunds, National Taxpayers Union executive vice president says
- Short credit history? How you can still earn a score of 800
- Prepare next year’s tax filing now
- $1.4B in unclaimed tax refunds to expire in April, IRS warns
- Tax refunds: Top 5 ways Americans will spend their windfall
- Trish Regan: Democrats need to stop spewing hate and work with Trump on immigration reform
- Gas prices up, poised to go even higher as US mulls Iran oil waiver extensions
- Stephen Moore is a pro-growth economic champion: Opinion
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Short and sweet this evening. He advised President Ronald Reagan, and current President Donald J. Trump. Not speaking for or against Art Laffer’s points, just listen to what he and the panel on CNBC had to say about the 45th presidents nominees to the Fed.
See Related Reports for more on these Fed board moves and comments.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.