Yes, the breaking news is that the Mueller reports has been delivered to the Department of Justice. That will have more news value in terms of the markets in the days ahead. The Daily Business News on MHProNews has said from the outset that no collusion with Russia will be the outcome. The rests is who can spin the news the most their desired way. So tonight, of more immediate potential interest is President Donald J. Trump indicating his desire to nominate to the Federal Reserve critic Stephen Moore, of the Heritage Foundation. On a down day, that will be our focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Pinterest goes public
- It joins the likes of Twitter and Facebook as the latest social platform to IPO
- The Dow plummets 460 as recession indicator stokes fear
- LIVE UPDATES Papa Shaq’s? New board member lifts Papa John’s stock
- China and women’s clothes: How Levi’s strategy won over Wall Street
- This 24-year-old finds unreleased features in your favorite apps
- Why space is becoming a dangerous place to do business
- Trump will nominate former campaign adviser Stephen Moore to Federal Reserve
- LAPD audit reveals dangers of high-tech policing
- MillerCoors sues Anheuser-Busch over corn syrup Super Bowl ad
- GM, stung by criticism, says it will hire 400 workers at Michigan electric vehicle plant
- How much gold and silver should you own?
- Apple to join tech wave sweeping over Hollywood
- Tiffany warned that holiday sales would be weak. They were even worse than expected
- Facebook reveals staff had access to hundreds of millions of user passwords
- The world is coming after Silicon Valley. Tech companies must evolve to survive
- How Europe is forcing Google to change
- NYT: Facebook under investigation over data sharing
- Hackers used quizzes to access private data
- Brexit is costing the UK economy $1 billion a week. And it could get worse
- Business and labor unions say the UK is facing a ‘national emergency’
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs are leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Brexit chaos means business is ‘staring down the precipice’
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow plunges 460 points on global growth fears
- Bond market flashes possible recession signal, sinking stocks
- US existing home sales surge, boosted by Fed’s signal on rates
- WATCH: Levi’s CEO urges customers not to wash their jeans
- Most bitcoin trading activity is faked, research says
- How high will gas prices go?
- AOC fires back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism
- Boeing faces first cancellation of 737 Max jets
- Christian bookstore LifeWay to close all 170 stores by the end of the year
- What you need to earn to live in the 10 biggest US cities
- Trump, GM CEO Mary Barra ‘very aligned’ on creating US jobs
- Trump to nominate Fed critic for board. Here’s what to know
- A look at the average IRS refund this tax season
- How US bike companies are steering around Trump’s China tariffs
- Ex-Enron CEO Skilling Plans Second Act
- Tiki Barber: Odell Beckham trade part of ‘necessary’ process
- From athlete to businessman: Life after the NFL
- NCAA Tournament’s highest-paid coaches include Calipari, Krzyzewski
- NFL paid Kaepernick, Reid under $10M to settle collusion lawsuit: Report
- White House, corporate America flood Congress in USMCA push
- Trump administration expands penalty relief for Americans who underpaid taxes
- Shaq just joined Papa John’s board of directors
- These jobs aren’t worth the cost of their degrees
- World’s most expensive city in 2019 is a 3-way tie
- Biogen’s stock craters on Alzheimer’s drug failure
- Disney-Fox merger could cause thousands of layoffs
- Trump EXCLUSIVE: US economic growth hindered by Fed rate hikes
- After two jury losses, Bayer’s Roundup heads back to court with 11,200 lawsuits pending
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
There is plenty of other market moving news captured in our left-right bullets above. So why this topic tonight?
Arguably, the president is trying to neutralize what he thinks has been an artificial headwind to stocks and the economy.
First, here is what CNBC said tonight.
- President Donald Trump decides to choose Stephen Moore for a Federal Reserve board spot after discussing a column in which Moore criticized the central bank.
- “Why isn’t [Moore] the Fed chairman?” Trump asks rhetorically after reading the column, according to a senior administration official.
- Despite both Moore’s and Trump’s criticism of Fed Chair Jerome Powell, the central bank chief’s job appears safe for now, according to the official.
What makes this interesting is that POTUS Trump, clearly an unconventional president, may be setting up an even more interesting challenge to the Fed’s influence over the markets. That will be the undertow to watch.
But frankly, one could make the case that political activity is having more impact on markets and money. That and media bias – with some 90 percent of mainstream news tilted against the president, per third party research – are the bigger perceptual headwinds.
See related reports, linked below for more on what’s moving the markets that impact your money and business.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.