Housing affordability is down from 8 out of 10 buyers 10 years ago, down to 5 out of 10 home shoppers today, says the NAHB’s Jerry Howard CEO in today’s Fox Business video. On a day when most manufactured housing tracked stocks slid, as did the broader markets the interview with NAHB’s Howard takes our featured report spotlight this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Boeing has been here before
- What four fatal crashes from the 1960s say about the 737 Max crisis
- The mosque attack video was viewed live on Facebook only 200 times. That was enough
- LIVE UPDATES Markets dealt brief scare by China trade report
- Lyft is losing a lot of money. And it might not turn a sizable profit until 2023
- Google launches new streaming service just for video games
- Facebook settles lawsuits alleging discriminatory ads
- Levi’s and Lyft could kick the IPO market into high gear
- JPMorgan Chase’s CEO says the US strategy on tariffs might have worked
- Facebook apologizes after mistaking Trump social media director for a bot
- Starbucks is changing up its rewards program. Here’s why
- Avoid getting sick when you travel for work
- Popular beauty startup Glossier hits unicorn status
- Meet Silicon Valley’s ‘China whisperer’
- Apple announces faster, smarter iMacs
- Prada slips in China as Louis Vuitton and Gucci power ahead
- Payless went kaput. That doesn’t mean DSW has to follow
- West Elm is partnering with Rent the Runway to rent out home decor
- Victoria’s Secret will close 53 stores as struggles mount
- Elon Musk’s failure to comply with court order is ‘stunning,’ SEC says
- Musk: SEC wants to trample on my freedom of speech
- Investor: Have to take ‘good and bad’ with Elon Musk
- Elon Musk isn’t a liability to Tesla. He’s a ‘liability for himself’
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Here’s how much 2020 Democratic candidates have raised
- Trump administration proposes limit on student loan borrowing
- Powerball $550M lottery jackpot: Here’s the tax damage
- USC may expel students linked to admissions cheating scandal
- Joy Villa slams millennials: I’m ashamed of my people
- Midwest farmers’ struggles compounded by devastating floods
- Fox, Disney prepare to close transformative $71.3 billion deal
- Venezuela regime change gaining momentum, John Bolton says
- Mike Trout, Angels reach $430M contract extension, richest deal in sports history: Report
- Jeffrey Epstein was said to be a witness against Wall Street; an FBN investigation suggests otherwise
- K-Cups for booze? Budweiser owner, Keurig’s single-use cocktail machines officially roll out
- Instagram testing in-app shopping feature
- Google unveils Stadia video game streaming service, reveals launch window
- Starbucks revamps rewards program to woo customers with more perks
- Chinese buyer spends a record $1.4M on racing pigeon
- Facebook to change ad targeting policy to settle discrimination lawsuits
- Lori Loughlin, Felicity Huffman $500B lawsuit the tip of iceberg: Judge Napolitano
- Venezuelan parents with children in hospitals terrified Maduro will cut off care: Trish Regan
- The federal government should default on its debt
- Trish Regan: Alt-left’s lack of decency on full display in Chelsea Clinton attack
- 5 ways Bernie Sanders-style socialism would hurt the US economy
- Trump: Very unhappy McCain didn’t repeal, replace ObamaCare
- New Yorkers consider Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a ‘villian’ for Amazon pullout: Poll
- Las Vegas’ potential big bet on Boring Company
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Besides the NAHB’s Jerry Howard and the rest of this panel discussing that’s causing the dip in housing affordability, there is also a discussion about Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s housing plan.
One of the panelists laments rents over 30 percent of income but appears to have an inadequate sense of the law of supply and demand.
As is often the case on such discussion, manufactured housing is not even mentioned. This is a problem for the industry, which 20 years ago was 1 in 3 new housing starts in many states. Now, it is more like 1 in 10, even though affordability is an issue. Manufactured homes are snoring, instead of roaring.
See the related reports for a new set of outlines on causes, effects, and the path toward solutions that will spark more manufactured home industry growth.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.