Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell announced what several observers are referring to as a ‘cave,’ giving into what investors and President Donald J. Trump has been pushing for over the course of several months. On a day when the broader market slid, and more losers than gainers on the manufactured housing tracked stocks covered here, the Daily Business News on MHProNews focuses this evening on statements and insights from the Fed.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- The death of the American pension
- Pensions are disappearing. The government just made it easier for employers to get rid of them
- Lyft, Uber, Pinterest: What this legendary investor thinks about the upcoming IPO parade
- Fed signals no rate cuts are coming in 2019
- It’s about to get a lot harder to stop violent videos from spreading on Facebook. Here’s why
- One of America’s biggest oil companies wants to be ‘carbon neutral’ — eventually
- US oil prices hit $60 a barrel for the first time since November
- LIVE UPDATES Jerome Powell does not sound happy with Wells Fargo
- How Europe is forcing Google to change
- Elon Musk’s SEC fight nears its moment of truth
- General Mills raised prices on cereal and yogurt. It’s working
- Disney closes $71 billion deal with Fox
- Ferrari and Lamborghini say ‘Not so fast’ on electric supercars
- Quitting your job? Here’s how to write the perfect goodbye note
- How Olive Garden made a huge comeback
- Starbucks unveils two new designs for recyclable and compostable cups as it moves forward with efforts to make its products more sustainable.
- Starbucks to test recyclable, compostable cups
- Apple announces new AirPods with wireless charging
- See the new faster, smarter iMacs
- Apple unveils new iPad Air and iPad mini
- Report: Apple and Goldman Sachs are releasing a credit card together
- PERSPECTIVES Why Tesla needs Elon
- Elon Musk’s SEC fight nears its moment of truth
- Tesla Model Y: Elon Musk’s second electric SUV is here
- Why the Model Y will be Tesla’s most important car
- Elon Musk isn’t a liability to Tesla. He’s a ‘liability for himself’
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Federal Reserve signals no interest rate hikes in 2019
- GM defends US investment following Trump jabs over Ohio plant
- Trump has legal justification to implement auto tariffs: Report
- Real estate firms accused of ‘conspiring’ to overcharge home sellers in class-action suit
- World’s most expensive city in 2019 is a 3-way tie
- Bill Gates just joined Jeff Bezos in ultra-exclusive $100 billion club
- Kale rejoins the ‘Dirty Dozen’ list as one of the most contaminated with pesticides
- US cities where housing costs take the least from your paycheck
- Nebraska Governor: Worst flooding damage in our state’s history
- Warren Buffett’s $1M March Madness bracket challenge, explained
- Ford shifts $900 million investments in Michigan plants for new electric, self-driving cars
- White House credits Trump policies for economic growth, slams far left proposals
- Powerball $550M lottery jackpot: Here’s the tax damage
- Katie Couric: How science can solve many of the world’s problems
- Congress faster path for legalizing CBD in food, says outgoing FDA chief
- Brexit delayed? PM May requests three-month extension, EU pushes back
- Fox, Disney close transformative $71.3 billion deal
- Joy Villa slams millennials: I’m ashamed of my people
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Fed Gives Markets, President What Was Wanted — Rates and Balance Sheet Changes Announced
Per left-of-center CNBC…
· The central bank says it will begin in May to taper the amount of proceeds it allows to roll off each month and will end the program in September.
· The amount for Treasurys will drop to $15 billion in May. Under the current program, it is allowing $30 billion in Treasury proceeds to roll off.
· The total of Treasurys and MBS once totaled more than $4.2 trillion and has been reduced by about $450 billion in the program that began in October 2017.
Part of the risk matrix includes Brexit and U.S. China trade talks. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said that both Europe and China have slowed significantly.
By comparison, the U.S. is doing far better.
The above noted, this has not been the only artificial headwinds that have buffeted the markets. Sam Zell observed in 2017 that one can’t overlook the impact of politics on investing.
If Democrats hold the House, and/or take the Senate and the White House, expect a sea change in the investment outlook.
Make sure you check out our Robert Robotti report, below, along with other broader macro-market focused topics.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.