Left-of-center Axios once more reports that President Donald J. Trump wants ‘his friend’ Herman Cain on the Federal Reserve board. The floated pick may spark controversy. On a day when the markets largely rose, including most manufactured home connected tracked stocks, the raising of Cain for the Fed will be our featured topic for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- ‘Put your reasonableness pants on’
- A federal judge says he is giving Elon Musk and the SEC two weeks to settle their differences
- Shares in Tesla plunged after it reported its biggest sales drop in company history
- Jamie Dimon says tax cuts added $3.7 billion to JPMorgan’s profit
- It’s been a weird few months for US jobs. March could get us back to normal
- After surviving bankruptcy, Sears is opening smaller stores
- When are you too old to start investing?
- Sears and Kmart have new slogans
- Snapchat is betting big on social gaming
- Women are now running all three network morning shows for the first time ever
- CVS Pharmacy launches same-day prescription delivery
- The art (and bungling) of crisis management from the C-suite
- Snapchat ramps up advertising and vows to be better at privacy than Facebook
- Shopping Content by CNN Underscored
- You can order Apple’s 2nd Gen. AirPods now
- Why 2.7 million Americans still get Netflix DVDs in the mail
- Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos say they’ve agreed to divorce terms
- PERSPECTIVES Without internet, 364 million children are falling behind
- PERSPECTIVES How companies can fight climate change
- Drinkable water is scarce. These companies are pulling it out of the air
- SPECIAL REPORT How to solve the world’s plastics problem: Bring back the milk man
- Forget plastic straws. Starbucks has a cup problem
- Climate is the biggest risk to business (and the world)
- Papa John’s lost a year. Now it’s ready to stage a comeback
- Domino’s opens its 16,000th store
- Shaq is joining Papa John’s board of directors
- Papa John’s has finally found a way to move past its controversial founder
- Pizza Hut expands beer delivery service
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Waymo’s self-driving car takes its first live televised ride-along with FBN
- Tesla just undermined Elon Musk’s defense against the SEC, JPMorgan says
- Jeff Bezos, MacKenzie Bezos finalize their divorce: What to know
- Amazon’s top stakeholders
- Jeff Bezos’ messy 2019: Divorce, blackmail and an Amazon HQ2 feud
- Modern retirement: What ‘snowbirds’ should know before buying a second home
- McDonald’s USA CEO: Ocasio-Cortez ‘making a statement’ on values
- Trump expected to nominate Herman Cain to Federal Reserve
- Meet the new Sears: A glimpse inside the retailer’s new test stores
- Trump would sideline USMCA for new auto tariffs
- How Starbucks founder Howard Schultz could cut ties with the company in 2020
- AAF players booted from hotels, left to pay medical costs out of pocket: Report
- Faulty sensors on Boeing 737 Max led to Ethiopian Airlines crash
- How to join the 800 credit score crowd
- Cannabis-derived foods will pack restaurants: ‘Bar Rescue’s’ Jon Taffer
- These are the best states for job seekers
- US median home prices hit record high as certain buyers face bigger headwinds
- Lonzo Ball sues ‘Big Baller Brand’ co-founder for $2M: Reports
- Mick Jagger’s reported heart surgery is a ‘miracle procedure:’ Dr. Marc Siegel
- Best places to live on $100K salary
- Trump, China’s Liu to meet: Less talk, more action needed from Beijing on IP
- Medicaid work requirements misunderstood: Let’s save welfare dollars for those truly in need
- Varney on border crisis: No political advantage for encouraging an invasion
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
With one Federal Reserve nominee by the Trump Administration somewhat mired in controversy, it may seem unusual to once more float the name of another controversial figure for the Fed board.
Former GOP presidential nominee in 2012, Godfather’s Pizza CEO, tea party and talk radio conservative Herman Cain is once more making headlines. Here’s what a panel on left-of-center CNBC said about the pick.
Our observations are rather different than CNBC’s.
It seems peculiar that when Democratic presidential hopeful Joe Biden is facing rising concerns about his behavior with women, that the White House is reportedly pushing a candidate for the Federal Reserve Board who dropped out of his race in 2012 over improper behavior allegations too.
Perhaps clearing that up is part of what the ‘vetting’ process is supposed to uncover. But another administration Fed board nominee, Stephen Miller – who was presumably vetted too – has created negative headlines of his own.
While Cain brings his own following with him if he clears the hurdles, his 9-9-9 tax plan in 2012 was a dud among many conservatives. Some compared it to a pizza special, from his Godfather days. Cain is energetic, and has charisma. Will that help the White House if this potential nominee go through?
We’ll monitor developments regarding these Fed nominees, given their potential influence on the economy.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.
2) To pro-vide a News Tips and/or Commentary, click the link to the left. Please note if comments are on-or-off the record, thank you.