The pundits are talking about China, Trump, tariffs, and trade. We’ll let them. It is an important topic, to be sure, and we’ve spent more on that issue than anyone in manufactured housing trade media. That said, our focus tonight is a threat perhaps far more serious to markets. On a day when the major markets, and the majority of manufactured housing track stocks dropped, let’s see what Attorney Harmeet Dhillon has to say in a video clip we will feature this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- The Dow has its second-worst day of 2019 on promise of new tariffs
- LIVE UPDATES Only 23 stocks on the S&P are up today
- Why the Dow Jones dropped 600 points today
- Here are the Dow’s worst days of 2019
- Why the market freaked out when Trump tweeted about trade
- Bitcoin has soared 60% this year. Meet the new buy-and-hold investment
- Google Assistant wants to know even more about you
- Does it still make sense to invest like Warren Buffett?
- Apple and Google remove dating apps FTC says expose children to predators
- Uber and Lyft drivers plan to strike ahead of Uber’s IPO
- Germany is opening its first electric highway for trucks
- Disney announces dates for three new ‘Star Wars’ films and four ‘Avatar’ sequels
- This 3D-printed rocket startup is causing a stir
- Google is making a $400 Pixel phone
- McDonald’s joins the meatless burger trend in one of its biggest markets
- This is the first Amazon Go store to accept cash
- Under pressure, Amazon plans to accept cash at cashierless ‘Go’ stores
- Retailers want to go cashless. But opponents say that’s discriminatory
- Cities fighting back vs. cashless businesses
- Digital wallets and vein scanners: How we’ll pay for things in the future
- Lord & Taylor owners consider selling iconic department store
- This ‘Amazon-proof’ chain wants to take Toys ‘R’ Us and Sears real estate
- Kohl’s won over moms. Now it’s going after Millennials
- Why Ikea is opening a tiny store in New York
- These drive-thru convenience stores are made out of recycled shipping containers
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- US stocks in major sell-off on worsening trade tensions
- WATCH: Facebook turns fact-checking partners loose on Instagram
- Walmart to open 100 veterinary clinics, launching an online pet pharmacy
- Bannon: Trump’s China tariff threat ‘the most important day’ of presidency
- Job growth surges in Trump-supporting counties, study shows
- The real reasons why NFL players go broke
- Money mistakes of middle-income Americans
- Bill Gates: America’s capitalism, socialism debate really about taxes
- Kanye West’s Met Gala outfit included $40 jacket
- Disney upcoming film schedule: ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Avatar’ set to return to theaters
- Celebrities urge boycott of Wendy’s amid recent attention on spicy chicken nuggets
- Preorder Samsung’s new $2,000 foldable phone? You’re about to be put on hold
- Retirement planning: What happens when you are forced to retire early?
- ‘Papa John’ Schnatter may sell his stake in pizza chain he founded
- Golf legend Greg Norman: Tiger Woods redeemed himself to America
- Medicare Advantage insurers may get ‘billions’ in overpayments, study shows
- Disc-less Xbox One S All-Digital Edition released: What to know
- Big pharma official to Congress: Force countries to pay more for drugs in new trade deals
- Alternative meat industry headed toward a $40B market by 2030, analyst says
- 7 smart and simple Mother’s Day gifts
- Warren Buffett Highlights
- Warren Buffett slams bitcoin as a ‘gambling device’
- EXCLUSIVE: Tim Cook ‘thrilled’ Berkshire’s Buffett owns Apple stock
Berkshire’s Buffett calls himself a ‘card-carrying capitalist’
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
There are few topics that investors, business professionals, or Americans at large should be more concerned about in the natural order than that of monopoly. There are a variety of ways the tendency to monopolize is touching your life, day by day. This is but one example of that nettlesome trend.
Attorney Harmeet Dhillon is listed by Fox as a civil rights attorney, but according to her website “Her focus is in commercial litigation, employment law, First Amendment rights, and election law matters.”
These companies [Big Tech] have built themselves up to monopoly power on the back of protectionist government regulation, says attorney Harmeet Dhillon.
“We Will Lose Every Election Going Forward if We Don’t Stop This” said Dhillon.
Keep in mind that she is far from the only voice that’s sounding the alarm about big tech, the FAANG brands, or monopoly power in general. Flash back to the comments from pro-tech expert, NY Stern Professor Scott Galloway.
Keep in mind that one of the recent revelations – perhaps no surprise – is that Berkshire Hathaway has taken a position in Amazon. The amount of their position was not revealed this past weekend but will become public soon enough. Buffett and Microsoft founder Bill Gates are all but connected at the hip, with his role and huge donation to the Gates Foundation indicate.
Rephrased, there are several reasons why the issue of the FAANGs, Berkshire Hathaway, and Microsoft – more specifically, the breakup of these firms under antitrust laws – ought to be a serious issue in Washington and beyond.
Tucker Carlson and Harmeet Dhillon Discuss Tech Giant Crackdown on Conservatives. But think beyond her points to the sheer power that monopolies are exercising.
See the related reports, linked below.
Conquest Capitalism – Thoughts of Chairman Warren Buffett – Billionaires Campaign to Control Trillion Dollar Affordable Housing Market – Masthead L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach
The year was 1998. It happened to be the year that manufactured housing hit its last peak, but it was also the year that Simon Reynolds compiled and published ” Thoughts of Chairman Buffett – Thirty Years of Unconventional Wisdom from the Sage of Omaha.”
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.