People and professionals are normally social creatures prone to certain behaviors. “The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.” Quote Investigator says that “is Warren quoting the English philosopher Bertrand Russell, because his words so aptly describe the insidious nature of bad business habits that don’t become apparent until it is too late.” According to Marcel Schwantes, Founder and Chief Human Officer, Leadership From The Core, who said via Inc. that “You’ll only be able to reach your full potential by breaking the habits that no longer serve you. Habits will either move us forward or holds us back.” Schwantes explained Buffett’s advice by quoting the Oracle of Omaha: “I see people with these self-destructive behavior patterns. They really are entrapped by them.” Buffett gave graduating students at the University of Florida a simple piece of advice: learn and practice good habits early on before it’s too late. He added: “You can get rid of it a lot easier at your age than at my age, because most behaviors are habitual. The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.”
Said Schwantes, “Truth be told, you can get rid of your most self-destructive habits at any age. The first step in any turnaround change process is the boldest: Self-confession. You must admit that you have a problem. You must address your blind spots with new awareness. And you must have a relentless commitment to practicing the new habits.” He goes on to speak about the importance and value of communications skills, ala Dale Carnegie, that Buffett said has also been important in his success.
Social Psychologist Jonathan Haidt talks about the power of social cohesion.
According to “Creating Social Glue in the Community: A Psychologist’s View* Donald C. Klein, Ph.D., with the Union Institute: “although we behave according to our own individual interpretations of our experiences, those interpretations are, for the most part, shared with others and shaped by the culture and the identity groups that are important to us.”
Applying those insights to the performance of the manufactured housing industry, and more specifically, the Manufactured Housing Institute, could provide valuable “lessons learned” inspired by Warren himself.
“News” From the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) This Week
On 1.19.2022 MHI sent out an email that had the following bullets.
- Upcoming Events
- News from Washington
- Industry Resources
- “Excellence in Manufactured Housing Awards are Open!”
- Mark Your Calendar for MHI 2022 Congress & Expo
- News from Washington – Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Regulator States Importance of Manufactured Housing to Address Affordable Housing Shortage
- Supreme Court Blocks Vaccine Mandate for Large Businesses
- DOE Publishes Draft Environmental Impact Statement about MH Energy Standards Proposed Rule
- MHI Asks Congress to Oppose Tax Increases in Build Back Better Act
- Industry Resources – MHEI Adds New Continuing Education Course for Nevada
Out of those seven items:
- One is tied to promoting a profit-center for MHI, which is their Congress and Expo event.
- One is the award is being given by a trade organization that has given several awards to companies that various mainstream media, and manufactured home advocacy groups, have called out specific MHI members for “predatory” business behavior. What type of award is that? Indeed, the award is not only a form of ego-attracting social glue, but it is a arguably a stealthy form of marketing. Members that ‘win’ routinely take pride and pay to publish a press release, which of course mentions MHI.
- Two are tied to issues that have been nagging the industry, without any notable MHI successes, since 2007 (DOE Energy Rule) and 2008 (Duty to Serve Manufactured Housing) mandated by Congress for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Meaning, by talking about these issues, for observant and objective thinkers, they are de facto highlighting some 13 and 14 years of failure to perform.
- MHI knew last spring what the Build Back Better Act said, and MHProNews reported at the time that MHI said they were ‘studying’ the legislation. By contrast, the Modular Home Builders Association (MHBA) – which like MHI is both a production and post-production trade group – swiftly came out and condemned the bill as a political payoff for the White House’s allies.
- MHEI may offer some nominal benefit to some members, but it is not a service that a state association or a new and more authentically muscular post-production trade group couldn’t perform.
Two more emails were delivered by MHI this week.
On 1.20.2022 – “Showcase Your Expertise by Presenting at Congress and Expo.”
“MHI is soliciting proposals for educational workshops at the 2022 MHI Congress & Expo. Educational workshops create a space for attendees to hear from industry experts and gain critical insight into current trends affecting their businesses.”
Objectively ponder that for a few moments. MHI is asking someone to pay to attend their meeting, pay to travel, etc. They are asking members to invest their time to “showcase your expertise” – an obvious appeal to both social glue and ego.
Sound reasonable? Here’s more evidence. On 1.17.2022 MHI’s email said: “You Did the Work – Now Get Recognized.” Ego. Social glue. Get or stay involved in MHI so you can “get recognized.” Even if you ‘got recognized’ by them, what precisely does that do for the typical retailer, independent producer, or community operator? What good is it save with those who don’t grasp that MHI is quite obviously not living up to their own code of ethical conduct?
Need evidence that MHI fails to live by their own ethical standards? Consider the latest lawsuit, which provides examples from companies that are MHI members – and/or an MHI state affiliate – that have apparently repeatedly violated MHI’s “Code of Ethical Conduct” …what ethical conduct?
FeganScott Class Action v Manufactured Housing Institute Member ELS: “Announces Investigation into Equity LifeStyle Properties for Widespread, Chronic Neglect of Mobile Home Properties Across U.S.” – plus MHMarket Updates
That message of 1.17.2022 was delivered within hours of MHProNews asking Berkshire Hathaway board member and connected attorney Ron Olson, plus Kevin Clayton, Tim Williams, Leo Poggione, Tom Hodges, Lesli Gooch, and outside MHI attorneys to respond or react to reports that hold them to account for their apparent failure to perform at what matters most. Actually removing barriers to selling more homes and proving an atmosphere where millions would WANT a new HUD Code manufactured home! Where is that long overdue sustained and effective effort vs. the TALK about such an effort? See the questions and analysis below.
MHProNews/MHLivingNews has begun a new effort in 2022 to complement our existing ones. Change will not come until the status quo is successfully challenge. Like a crop that grows invisibly for a time, change may appear to be slow or invisible until it suddenly springs into view or focus. Apparently, MHI and their corporate masters have decided that they will pretend that they are doing all things well, and that they do not need to answer the largest and most read trade media that they repeatedly praised and utilized themselves for years. With 21 days into 2022 there have been 5 press releases so far. They are on topics that MHI ought to be doing. Here they are below. Note that in many devices, you can click on the image to see a larger size. Or you can click on the image below that link to see the actual release, each of which are about 3-4 minutes of reading, with illustrations and some with video.
Partial Recap of the Timeline and FACTS Before Moving On…
2000 – the Manufactured Housing Improvement Act (MHIA) of 2000 was made law. The MHIA was a combination production, post-production piece of legislation enacted by a joint effort of the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR), MHI, Texas and other state associations that are members. MHI admits it is still not properly enforced. Then why didn’t MHI join MHARR in 2019, when MHARR reached out to state associations – that MHI claims as affiliates – to pick a case and sue to get enforcement? Note that zoning and placement are ‘post-production’ issues in MHI’s wheelhouse.
2002-2003 Berkshire Hathaway makes its formal move into manufactured housing production, retail, and finance by acquiring stakes in Oakwood and buying out Clayton Homes.
- Warren Buffett’s annual letter says he will retain Clayton’s lending. That’s also confirmed by Bud Labitan, a pro-Buffett author of the book “Moats” that wrote about some of this in a chapter of his book. That plan to hold Clayton) “paper” – meaning 21st’s and Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance’s (VMF) loans – would only work as ‘a moat’ if the GSEs, FHA Title I, and other competitive lending plans were marginalized or sidelined.
2005 – MHI’s Roper Report was released. Despite years of talk on a post-production marketing/educational effort to promote HUD Code manufactured homes, MHI has not done anything mildly akin to what has proven to be so successful to the RV industry, namely, their GoRVing campaign. Note marketing and education are post-production issues, so again it is in MHI’s, not MHARR’s, wheelhouse.
2008 – The Duty to Serve (DTS) Manufactured Housing mandated for the GSEs of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac was enacted as part of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008. Approaching 14 years later, not only has MHI not gotten DTS implemented – with retail financing being a post-production issue – and there is nothing yet. When some MHI members and MHI ‘housing coalition’ partners signed a latter to FHFA saying the GSEs were not living up to their DTS mandate by providing more competitive market lending for home only (chattel, personal property) manufactured home loans, MHI was absent from that letter. How serious could they be if they can’t even sign a letter their ‘partners’ have signed?
January 2009 – Tim Williams at Berkshire Hathaway owned 21st Mortgage Corporation signs a different letter, one that Samuel Strommen at Knudson Law has since said is an apparent violation of antitrust law. That 21st letter ‘tied’ getting their 21st financing to buying Clayton Homes and/or selling 21st repossessions. While that letter was later superseded, apparently, the damage had been done. Thousands of once independent retailers failed and/or were bought out. Dozens of manufacturers that once supplied those retailers also failed and/or where consolidated/bought out (mergers and acquisitions) by one of MHI’s “big three.”
Oct 2009 – what is now called MHProNews began publishing. We joined MHI in 2010.
- – Kevin Clayton told pro-Berkshire interviewer Robert Miles that “the industry” (i.e.: MHI) was ready to do an educational/marketing campaign. Really? What happened? Have we all slept through it?
Circa 2015 – After on-the-record words of praise for MHProNews from Tim Williams, Howard Walker and several others involved in MHI. During that timeframe, an MHI insider pointed out to MHProNews a CSPAN video that contradicted what MHI staff leaders Richard Dick Jennison and Lesli Gooch apparently authorized and sent out to members. MHI had withheld information from a hearing that dramatically shifted the meaning of an event that MHI bragged about as positive for the industry. Restated, the case can be – and was then made – that MHI had deliberately attempted to mislead their own members. What did past chairman and still MHI board member Tim Williams/21st do? He held a vote of confidence to support the obviously problematic staff leadership that attempted to mislead MHI readers.
2017 – After MHProNews asked during an MHI meeting questions about possible problems ahead for the industry’s production given that few new communities were opening up, existing communities were filling up, and barriers on zoning had not been addressed, MHI issued an unsigned letter. That unsigned letter pretended that MHI had ‘discovered’ that MHProNews was a publisher, and that they had no membership category for news or publishing. The absurdity of the letter is apparent considering MHI and some of their members had paid MHProNews to publish items. The further absurdity is apparent since MHVillage and others publish too, but they were not shown the door. Despite outside attorney David Goch’s claim that MHI was open to vigorous debate and discussion, it is apparent that MHI wanted no such thing. It is still obvious, because from Ron Olson, to Kevin Clayton, to Tim Williams down to Lesli Gooch or MHI staff, none of them will publicly defend the growing body of evidence that apparently makes clear that MHI is slow walking progress while the industry steadily consolidates.
2018 – MHProNews was given the ‘smoking gun’ letters from 21st, and from their the evidence has mounted that none of their dominating brands, much less MHI, is willing to publicly debate.
2018 – faithful MHI member Andy Gedo attempted to debate MHProNews’ L. A. “Tony” Kovach virtually. After a vigorous discussion viewed by thousands, Gedo tossed in the proverbial towel after making several useful admissions like the one below.
2018 – MHLivingNews published a report that demonstrated that Warren Buffett and Kevin Clayton directly contradicted Tim Williams letter. That opens the door to several potential legal issues.
Late 2018 – MHI rolls out their ‘new class of manufactured home’ program with the GSEs of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that Kevin Clayton and other MHI insiders said was going to open up new markets. Then why have only a few dozen of those CrossModTM homes under whatever brand names been sold? Why did the industry’s production decline for 2½ years following that rollout? Why did the industry only regain its growth last spring (2021) when extreme mainstream housing shortages finally began to lift manufactured housing too?
2019 – MHARR offers to team up with state association affiliates of MHI to sue to get the MHIA’s enhanced preemption enforced. MHARR later reported that there were no takers. Since MHI claims they want the law enforced, why haven’t they sued themselves, with or without MHARR?
2020 – A tipster inside MHI told MHProNews that Tim Williams said he was glad that the GSEs pilot plan to securitize manufactured home loans had failed. That statement was made months before the formal announcement by Fannie and Freddie that they had no plans to continue a plan that they never seriously attempted to execute on.
2021 – MHProNews statement to the GSEs and FHFA outlined and documented the evidence that should have been obvious to all who aren’t chained down by habits that have limited the industry’s growth for far too long.
2021 – former MHI VP and MHARR founding president, CEO, and now senior advisor Danny Ghorbani said that it is now up to MHI to sue to get these post-production laws enforced.
2021 – Mark Weiss does an exclusive Q&A with MHProNews that explains their view on the threats that loom, and why the industry – implying MHI too – must be prepared to sue to get the industry’s rights enforced with DOE (or on other issues).
2021 – MHProNews reports on the Tiny House Hands Up nonprofit teaming up with the Institute for Justice (IJ) to sue to allow tiny houses in Calhoun, GA. A recent follow up from MHProNews to IJ reveals the case is still developing.
2022 – MHProNews/MHLivingNews begins the next phase of the manufactured housing industry accountability project (see EIN media releases, above). This follows publishing letters in other media outlets in the last half of 2021 by MHProNews co-founder, L. A. “Tony” Kovach that highlighted issues impacting manufactured housing. Instead of occasion saber rattling against those who dare question MHI and its corporate masters, why doesn’t MHI use their attorneys and money to sue to get good laws they claim they support enforced? If MHI really wants ‘the rising tide to raise all boats,’ why haven’t they used some of their millions to properly promote ALL manufactured homes, not a costly version that makes more sense for Clayton and developers – and still isn’t successful?
These are facts, evidence, and common-sense analysis that MHI and their corporate masters can’t duck, dodge, divert, distract, or disdain others from seeing forever. While all of this occurred, consolidation was occurring. MHI’s own publicly traded firms routinely (not all, Legacy Housing – for instance is an exception) say in their own investor pitches that they want consolidation of a fragmented industry.
Buffett said it. The chains of habit can be hard to break. But as this review/recap illustrates, their claims are contradicted by their own behavior.
With by lawsuits by public officials and private attorneys mounting in MHVille, how long before MHI and its dominating brands face a broader investigation by public officials, intrepid attorneys/legal nonprofit, and some media outlet that dares to question deep pockets behind the dominating brands at MHI?
As noted in the opening paragraphs, noted – Marcel Schwantes, Founder and Chief Human Officer, Leadership From The Core, said via Inc. that “You’ll only be able to reach your full potential by breaking the habits that no longer serve you.”
1.20.2022 – In fairness and objectively there is more. Because after ‘the heat’ being brought by the various voices inside and outside of manufactured housing showcased by the EIN broader media outreach, Clayton Homes and MHI have put their toe back in the water for what might be the early hints of an image campaign. That will be explored soon.
Enough said on the timeline and evidence for now. Let them allow Lesli Gooch to play Peanut’s Lucy, constantly promising, but always pulling away the football at the last moment.
Postscript of this opening focus segment of today’s Daily Business News on MHProNews report. Our job as pro-industry, pro-consumer, pro-white growth trade media is to report what we see and editorially observe. If the industry’s would be leaders won’t lead robustly, consistently, and do all that the industry is capable of achieving, which Richard “Dick” Jennison admitted some 5 years ago that manufactured housing should be aiming at 500,000 homes a year, then some person or group that wants to AUTHENTICALLY lead in the post-production side should stand up and form a post-production group. That post-production group should work with MHARR on the production side to advance the industry by using the good laws that already exist and building on the evidence and platform that MHI has largely ignored in recent years.
Once someone or some group has proven themselves unfaithful, how many second, third, fourth, fifth chances should they be given? Is a spouse or partner that has to be compelled into doing what they ought worthy of the effort? These are fair questions that merit formal answers. Historically, Republicans had to give a “Contract with America” during the Newt Gingrich era in 1994 to finally overcome years of concerns that swept the GOP and Gingrich into power in the House that year. Where is the manufactured housing industry’s leadership version of the “Mea Culpa, But Here is Our Written Pledge to the Manufactured Housing Industry” version of the Gingrich-era GOP ‘contract’?
We at MHProNews are waiting…because a dozen years after we joined MHI, the same issues that have kept the industry at bay in 2010 are still keeping the industry at a mere 30 percent of their last highwater mark.
It is obviously time to break the chains of bad habits that have for too long held our industry at bay while consolidators consolidated.
In many devices, the images below can be opened into a larger size.
Let’s move onto the rest of the macro and industry-specific equities and market reports.
Next up is our business daily recap of yesterday evening’s market report, related left-right headlines, and manufactured housing connected equities.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left (CNN) – Right (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has been evolving over time, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. For instance. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ news items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 1.20.2022
- All eyes on Ukraine
- A convoy of Russian armored vehicles moves along a highway in Crimea, on Tuesday, January 18. Russia has concentrated an estimated 100,000 troops with tanks and other heavy weapons near Ukraine in what the West fears could be a prelude to an invasion.
- Gas prices could soar if Russia invades the country. Tensions at the border are high
- Americans are showing up sick to work even as Omicron spreads
- Americans needed to work five weeks more on average to afford a used car in 2021
- America’s median home price hit a record $347,000 in 2021
- Mortgage rates jump for third straight week
- Stocks rebound as bond yield rise takes a breather
- What’s behind Netflix’s price hike
- Amazon is opening a clothing store next to Nordstrom and JC Penney
- This bill could help to end energy poverty in the US
- The world bought more champagne than ever last year
- Oscar Mayer’s bologna face mask quickly sells out
- Judge denies InfoWars host motion to dismiss
- A person rides her Peloton exercise bike at her home on April 06, 2020 in San Anselmo, California.
- Peloton stock tumbles on report that it is halting production
- A man browses for used cars at a dealership in Alhambra, California, on January 12.
- Why car prices remain so stubbornly high
- McDonald’s is bringing back this sweet treat after a 5-year hiatus
- BBC director general Tim Davie in this 2018 file photo.
- $388 million funding cut will force the BBC to cancel shows
- NewsGuard CEOs on how they’re cleaning up the web
- The ‘TODAY’ show turns 70. Watch its iconic history
- Oz’s Senate run is playing out as a ‘Fox primary’
- ANALYSIS Hong Kong’s free press is being ‘gutted.’ Here’s what the world loses
- ALL ABOUT 5G
- Closeup image of a woman sitting and using mobile phone with a black baggage for traveling
- What is C-band 5G? Verizon and AT&T are flipping on the switch in the US
- Why is 5G interfering with airplanes?
- Here’s what you need to know about 5G
- Airline concerns over 5G rollout persist
- Europe rolled out 5G without hurting aviation. Here’s how
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 1.20.2022
- Trump Says Pelosi Should Be Banned From Stock Trading, Read More Here
- “I didn’t say anything wrong in the call, made while I was president on behalf of the United States of America, to look into the massive voter fraud which took place in Georgia.” (Getty)
- Trump: My Call With Georgia’s Secretary of State ‘Was Perfect’
- Former President Donald Trump on Thursday afternoon insisted he “didn’t say anything wrong” during an early 2021 phone call with Georgia’s secretary of state concerning possible voter fraud. [Full Story]
- Related Stories
- Georgia DA Asks for Special Grand Jury to Aid in Election Probe
- Trump’s Call With Raffensperger Was 19th Time He Tried to Reach Him
- Trump Ga. Transcript Shows Case for Vote Fraud, President Acted Properly
- Newsmax TV
- Meuser: Biden ‘Divider-in-Chief’ in Press Remarks
- Meuser: Biden ‘Divider-in-Chief’ in Press Remarks | video
- Jha: Britain Shows How Mandates Can Be Dropped | video
- Hungarian Minister: Blinken, Lavrov Talks on Ukraine Must Succeed | video
- Biden to Newsmax’s Rosen: ‘No Idea’ Why Americans Question Cognitive Fitness | video
- Blackburn: Americans Say ‘No’ to Dems’ Election Reforms | video
- Texas AG: Synagogue Standoff Shows Why FBI Isn’t Trusted | video
- Walberg: Parents Still ‘Primary Educators’ | video
- More Newsmax TV
- Pelosi Open to Banning Stock Trades by Congress Members
- Hours after former President Donald Trump excoriated her as “crazy Nancy Pelosi” and called for her to be banned from trading individual stocks, the House Speaker said Thursday that she was open to considering proposals to ban stock trading by members of Congress…. [Full Story]
- Related Stories
- Ban ‘Crazy’ Pelosi From Trading Individual Stocks: Trump
- Jen Psaki: Biden Working to Ease Covid Restrictions, ‘Never’ Supported ‘Defunding the Police’
- White House press secretary Jen Psaki in an interview on Fox said on [Full Story]
- Teddy Roosevelt Statue Removed From Outside New York Museum
- Workers on Wednesday dismantled a towering statue of President [Full Story]
- How Omicron Highlights Fading Hope of Herd Immunity From COVID
- The omicron variant, which is spreading far faster than previous [Full Story]
- Ron Klain: US ‘Prepared’ for Possible Future COVID Variants
- Jha to Newsmax: Britain Shows How Mandates Can Be Dropped |video
- Dozens of Firms to Make Cheap Version of Merck COVID Pill for Poorer Nations
- Trump: My Call With Georgia Secretary of State ‘Was Perfect’
- Former President Donald Trump on Thursday afternoon insisted he [Full Story]
- Michigan Democrats Risk Backlash After Dismissing Parents’ Role in Education
- A parent’s role in their child’s education was the surprising [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Chairman of Jan. 6 House Panel: Trump Records Will Be Released Publicly
- The House Jan. 6 select committee plans to release records from [Full Story]
- 6 Panel Seeks Testimony From Ivanka Trump
- 8 World Elections to Watch in 2022
- The midterm elections in November have consumed the attention of most [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Fauci: Unvaccinated Population Threatens Ending Pandemic in 2022
- Anthony Fauci warned that unvaccinated people could delay the [Full Story]
- Georgia DA Asks for Special Grand Jury to Aid in Election Probe
- Fulton County, Georgia, District Attorney Fani Willis, who has been [Full Story]
- NCAA Took ‘Cowardly’ Route With Transgender Policy: Pro-Family Group President
- The “cowardly” NCAA chose to outsource its decision-making regarding [Full Story]
- Biden Admin Sanctions Ukrainians Over Aid to Russian Operations
- President Joe Biden’s administration on Thursday imposed sanctions on [Full Story]
- Unvaccinated Rep. Massie Tests Positive for COVID Again
- Unvaccinated Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., said Thursday he has tested [Full Story]
- DesJarlais: Biden Cried Trump
- With each failure by Joe Biden has come his and his administration’s [Full Story]
- Hungarian Minister to Newsmax: Blinken, Lavrov Talks on Ukrain Must Succeed
- Hungarians are “crossing our fingers” for the talks between Secretary [Full Story] | video
- Bob Saget Had No Health Problems, Recent COVID Bout Was ‘Nothing Serious,’ Wife Says
- Bob Saget had no health problems before he suddenly died and his [Full Story]
- 93% of US Jews Concerned About Country’s Antisemitism
- Nearly every American Jew is concerned with antisemitism in the U.S., [Full Story]
- Energy and Commerce Republicans Question HHS Covid Research
- Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce Committee on Thursday [Full Story]
- Trump: Biden Admits 2020 Election May Have Been Fraudulent
- Former President Donald Trump on Thursday said President Joe Biden [Full Story]
- Surpassing His Predecessors, Biden Racks up Regulatory Costs
- President Joe Biden has racked up quite the tab in regulatory costs [Full Story]
- Trilateral Naval Drills With China, Russia, Iran Start Friday
- China, Russia and Iran will hold joint naval drills on Friday, a [Full Story]
- CIA Says Foreign Power Not Responsible for Most Havana Syndrome Attacks
- A new CIA intelligence assessment says hundreds of mysterious Havana [Full Story]
- Ex-Pope Benedict Accused of Failing to Act in Munich Church Abuse
- Former Pope Benedict XVI failed to take action against clerics in [Full Story]
- Ghislaine Maxwell Requests New Trial After Juror Interviews
- Ghislaine Maxwell has formally requested a new trial, less than a [Full Story]
- CIA Chief Burns Was Secretly Sent to Europe Ahead of Blinken Trip to Region: Report
- CIA Director Bill Burns made a quiet trip to Berlin and Kyiv in an [Full Story]
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Says ‘at-Risk’ Sotomayor Should Resign From Supreme Court
- Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., called on Justice Sonia Sotomayor [Full Story]
- US Jobless Claims Rise to 286,000, Highest Since October
- The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits rose to [Full Story]
- NBC News Poll: Low Marks for Biden on Competence, Job Approval
- One year into his presidency, a majority of Americans give President [Full Story]
- Biden to Newsmax’s Rosen: ‘No Idea’ Why Americans Question Cognitive Fitness
- President Joe Biden, during his first press conference in months, [Full Story] | video
- Amazon Plans a Clothing Store for a Southern California Mall
- Amazon says it plans to open a clothing store in a Southern [Full Story]
- UK Arrests 2 Men in Texas Synagogue Hostage Terror Case
- British police said Thursday they have arrested two people in [Full Story]
- Trump Issues Free Pocket Watch for All Supporters, Claim Yours Now!
- Biden Finds Inflation Overshadows Strong Economy
- President Joe Biden is paying a steep price for high inflation – a problem that festered during his first year in office instead of fading away as he suggested it would…. [Full Story]
- Pelosi Open to Banning Stock Trades by Congress Members
- Fed Study on Digital Currency Leans toward Role for Banks
- Nigel Green: The Fed’s Failure on Inflation is Bullish for Bitcoin
- American, United See Fliers Returning to Skies in March, But Costs Weigh
- More Finance
- How Omicron Highlights Fading Hope of Herd Immunity From COVID
- The omicron variant, which is spreading far faster than previous versions of the coronavirus, is not likely to help countries achieve so-called herd immunity against COVID-19, in which enough people become immune to the virus that it can no longer spread, leading disease…… [Full Story]
- Yale Researchers Develop Wearable COVID-19 Virus Detector
- Study: Drug-Resistant Bacteria Kill 1.2 Million Globally
- Is it Safe to Exercise in Indoor Gyms?
- Binge-Watching Linked to Increased Risk for Blood Clots
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12th year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.