Blackstone (BX) is one of the basket of manufactured housing industry connected companies that MHProNews has been tracking in this business nightly market report for about 1½ years. The interview with their chairman, CEO and co-founder from the World Economic Forum at Davos will be our featured focus this evening. As usual, that focus report is found beyond our updated standard insights, left-right bullet headlines and graphical snapshots the broader and then manufactured home specific markets.
Periodic readers of this business-nightly feature should note there are new tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Restarting production – Boeing 737 assembly
- Boeing won’t wait for FAA approval to start building the 737 Max again
- Coronavirus could dent oil prices, Goldman Sachs says
- FedEx Ground Sunday delivery to begin this weekend
- CVS co-founder Ralph Hoagland III is dead at 86
- Watch the 2020 Super Bowl ads
- Canadian prosecutors lay out case for why Huawei CFO should be extradited to the United States
- Ford GTs sold for $450,000 three years ago. Now, they’re worth $1 million
- Another major hotel chain is getting rid of travel-sized toiletries
- Prince Charles at Davos: The planet will burn unless we fix the economy
- Four-day workweeks and stock options: How Shake Shack lures workers in a tight market
- The biggest esports facility in the US has training rooms, an apparel shop and lavish gaming chairs
- You can’t connect on this social network unless you hang out in real life
- Saudi Arabia denies it hacked Jeff Bezos’ phone after crown prince implicated
- Motorola Razr will hit stores in North America on February 6
- SAN FRANCISCO – Median rent in the city is more than 1,353.63 per month. That’s higher than every other major city in the U.S.
- GM and Honda unveil self-driving car with no steering wheel or pedals
- TESLA’S VERY GOOD DAY
- People look at a Tesla Model 3 displayed at a shopping mall in Hong Kong on March 10, 2019.
- Tesla is now the second most valuable car company in the world
- Elon Musk is closing in on a $350 million payday
- Tesla finally wins the right to sell cars in Michigan
- Watch Elon Musk dance like nobody is watching
- Tesla says claim of ‘unintended acceleration’ in cars is false
- CLIMATE CATASTROPHE
- Swedish environmental activist Greta Thunberg takes her seat prior to the opening session of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020. The 50th annual meeting of the forum will take place in Davos from Jan. 20 until Jan. 24, 2020. (AP Photo/Markus Schreiber)
- Greta Thunberg: ‘Nothing has been done’ to tackle the climate crisis
- I brought socially conscious change to Volvo without hurting profits. Other CEOs can do the same
- Top US bankers don’t want to lead the climate fight
- Davos VIPs are worried about the climate crisis. They’re still using private jets
- Microsoft wants to eradicate its carbon footprint by going emissions ‘negative’ by 2030
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- CYBER SECURITY
- US official’s chilling reveal about China, Iran stealing ‘massive amounts’ of data
- China is stealing “massive amounts” of data from Western companies and Iran has stolen data from some 200 universities, the top U.S. cybersecurity diplomat said Wednesday.
- Eli Manning to retire as NFL’s highest-paid player ever — how much he’s made
- Amazon chief breaks silence on Saudi phone hack with emotional photo
- CLOWN PRINCE: Saudi royal reportedly taunted Bezos before his divorce
- More airports taking precautions as killer virus claims at least 17, keeps spreading
- China quarantines entire city amid coronavirus outbreak
- Is Big Tech too big for the government to police?
- NFL star latest big name to ditch home and rush financially friendly Florida
- Tom Cruise was only ‘Top Gun’ actor who could do this, producer reveals
- Why Hallmark Channel chief is suddenly out of a job
- Burger King stores take action amid weak Impossible Whopper sales
- SEE PICS: Developer building $17.5M penthouse on top of luxury retailer
- MLB commissioner on whether Red Sox will lose World Series crown
- These are the most dangerous jobs in the US — and how much they pay
- Matthew McConaughey adds sports media platform to business portfolio
- Why Americans will still pay more for imported whiskey, scotch and French wine
- Woman says major airline tried to blame HER after she was groped by passenger
- Trump administration to approve Keystone pipeline on US land
- Vegas casino says O.J. Simpson too tarnished to defame, lawyer denies ‘race card’ claim
- Feds crack down on emotional support animals on flights
- Maria Bartiromo: ‘Very big’ middle-class tax cut can only come if Trump wins
- WATCH: Billionaire explains why millennials should invest in bitcoin
- LinkedIn founder: Top skills employers want in new hires right now
- WATCH: Mr. Peanut meets crushing fate in Super Bowl pregame ad
- Pharma company lands massive grant to continue developing Alzheimer’s cure
- Boeing weighs on Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq hit all-time highs but were unable to finish in record territory
- Israel Defense Forces joins TikTok despite US military bans on app
- Presidential hopeful Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for $50M in damages
- NBA’s first Paris game: How French government stands to score
- SEE PICS: Cruise ships investing billions in extreme vacation experiences
- MLB commissioner: Robot umpires are ‘more accurate’ than humans
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump reveals how he’ll respond if China breaks trade agreement
- Airbnb dismisses accusations of Super Bowl price-gouging
- Harvey Weinstein’s estimated net worth
- America’s mayor? Bloomberg unveils massive plan to fix country’s potholes
- Bull still raging: De Niro reportedly claims ex-assistant threatened him before suing
- Maryland lawmakers met with Redskins owner on sports betting
- Former Grammy CEO fends off embattled successor’s rape allegations
- GEICO ordered to pay injured Kansas man for care from wife
- Wall Street lays out staggering price tag for Boeing’s 737 Max nightmare
- Tesla passes $100 billion, teeing up big payout for Musk
- Sanders, Biden ramp up fight over Social Security
- When Boeing 737 Max production freeze will thaw
- Express, staple of malls across US, to close 100 stores
- These are the best, worst states for driving
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Meet
In an interview with Blackstone Group Inc. chief executive officer Steve Schwarzman with Bloomberg TV, the private equity giant leader said President Donald J. Trump was seeking to defend his economic record in Davos. This was occurring at the same time the 45th president’s legal team was engaged in the start of his impeachment trial.
“This was a speech to basically say ‘I think we need some perspective and let’s look at what’s happened under this administration. That is not just for domestic consumption, it’s meant to be heard in the broader context,” Schwarzman said.
The president used his keynote speech at the World Economic Forum at Davos to tout the success of the U.S. economy. He said the nation was witnessing “an economic boom the likes of which the world has never seen before,” which were creating a “geyser of opportunity.”
Schwarzman is the billionaire co-founder of New York-based private equity firm Blackstone, which is one of the firm’s that MHProNews tracks here in our nightly business report. Blackstone ‘bet big’ on manufactured housing with a move into the manufactured home community sector that was reported in the link below.
Schwarzman has previously advised President Trump and was present in the White House when he announced the first part of the China-U.S. trade deal.
Schwarzman was one of at least 119 billionaires in attendance at the annual conference in the Swiss mountains. A prior report that touched upon Davos is linked below.
Blackstone has more than $550 billion in assets under management. Per Bloomberg, it is expanding into “almost all areas of finance.”
Schwarzman was optimistic on the economy and future. “This has been an amazing run. Usually you expect some kind of adjustment,” he said. As long as U.S. politics is stable and “we avoid the kinds of major international geopolitical risks, I think we will go on with variability up and down over today’s levels.”
Blackstone has been protested by MHAction and other similar activist groups, which Senator Elizabeth Warren (MA-D) and 2020 presidential hopeful has addressed. Blackstone was recently a target of Warren‘s pointed attention. She also took aim at Colony Capital Inc. and Cerberus Capital Management. Warren has herself come under fire from not only other Democrats and private capital, but is a key figure scrutinized in Peter Schweizer’s new book “Profiles in Corruption.” MHProNews has previously signaled that such attention was likely coming toward the Warren Campaign in the prior report below.
Another target of Schweizer’s book is the former Vice President Joe Biden, who yesterday was caught on camera once more saying that China was nothing for the U.S. to worry about. Biden is accused by several sources as having ‘corruptly’ used his office to enrich family members.
Listen to the House Democratic prosecutors of the president and they claim to have a solid case. By contrast, the president’s legal team says there is no law that has been allegedly violated, so the case is constitutionally void on its face. That’s a viewpoint that Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz has taken.
The mudslinging and countercharges are well underway. Stay tuned for more of the drama on the 2020 campaign trail, here where politics, business, economic and related issues meet. See more in the related reports, below.
Then there is the runaway #1 trade media report in all of MHVille in January, 2020
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.