Not so long ago, Warren Buffett led Berkshire Hathaway (BRK) announced their intentions to go into a discernment process to determine who would be the best leader for the giant conglomerate. On a more modest, but similar note, Legacy Housing announced a change in their corporate leadership structure with succession planning in mind. The purposes of making and announcing such progression plans are numerous. Among them is that succession planning provide confidence with clients, advertisers, and sponsors. Another is to avoid shocks to loyal readers. A third is that such announcements may bring forward business opportunities that might not have otherwise occurred. The list goes on, because we have long done more than merely publish. But that outline is sufficient to set forth what follows.
Unlike the 91-year-old Buffett, this writer is decades younger and presumably significantly fitter. The lady on the team is 11+ years younger still. Nevertheless, it seems prudent to begin the process of succession planning sooner than later. There is no rush because there are no time or other pressures. Both trade journalism and consulting can be manageable performance stress for the seasoned professional. The work can be enjoyable as well as rewarding on multiple levels.
When someone understands the surprising realities of manufactured housing vs. the common public perception, several points come into focus as to the value of being the largest publisher with the most reader engagement.
During an affordable housing crisis, manufactured housing ought to be soaring. But it isn’t. We are not the National Enquirer, but their tag line makes a valid point. “Enquiring [inquiring] minds want to know.” The curious want to understand why manufactured housing is operating at only 1/3rd of the production level of 1998. The population is demonstrably larger. The need for affordable housing has grown. Two pieces of potentially favorable legislation for manufactured housing were passed by widely bipartisan margins, one signed into law by a Democrat, the other signed into law by a Republican. That proves that affordable and proven manufactured housing shouldn’t be a partisan issue. So, why has the industry declined?
The purpose of this column is not to answer that question.
But it is to state the obvious reasons why our platform dwarfs’ other would-be rivals. It helps explain why our publications have been cited by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), have had information we published first read into the Congressional record per a high-ranking Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) official, have been favorably cited by university and nonprofit researchers, as well as by mainstream media. Our readers include Congressional staff. The staff of key federal agencies involved in our industry are routinely engaged with our publications. State officials, attorneys, and of course manufactured housing industry professionals are all among those documented by various third-party sources to be among our readers.
Manufactured housing is a multi-billion-dollar industry. But it could be several times its current size. The graphic below, produced by MHProNews based on the facts and sources as shown, tell the tale.
Whoever controls or influences the information flow can play a significant role in the future of the industry.
So, it is no wonder that MHI approached us a few years back with the offer to buy us out for a 7-figure sum. While the deal was never consummated, their approach from their top person and attorney speaks volumes. Not one, but two of our digital rivals have made similar attempted ‘buy out’ approaches.
The known evidence reflects that MHProNews is by far the largest known and runaway most-read trade publication serving the manufactured home industry. This is arguably larger and has far more engagement than the now defunct Manufactured Home Merchandiser or other similar publications that the industry had in manufactured housing’s hey-day.
Other competitors make bold but vague claims about their size and quality that lack facts. That lack of third-party evidence to back up their tall talk only serves to make the prudent wonder – why?
We have had several nice compliments from rivals. Among them? One sizable site with a ‘news’ blog told us that we are the publication that manufactured home industry professionals talk about at restaurants, bars, clubs, and manufactured home industry offices. That organization travels a lot for in-person meetings, so they should know.
Another rival said this in an email.
Another rival said this. Oddly, they now try to say they are preeminent. Perhaps – if the category is pro-MHI news that lacks any critique or objective analysis?
Kurt Kelley, publisher of MHReview (MHR), after praising us, said this. Thanks, Kurt.
MHI’s prior chairman praised us too.
Indeed, MHProNews revealed just how little read our competitors appear to be. The screen capture below says something about the embarrassing-for-them tale. Following a series of reports on that, they stopped showing their viewer/reader data. This article below was about Tim Williams, President and CEO of 21st Mortgage Corporation, and previously MHI’s chairman. An exclusive on our site of Williams, back in the day, would have about 20 times the number of hits in a month (with more readers following later) as the page views reported below by MHInsider.
Something similar to the MHInsider example above occurred with the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI).
Years ago, their media kits stated that they had 250,000 page views monthly. After MHProNews revealed that our engagement was dwarfing theirs, just a few months after we began publishing in mid-October 2009, they stopped publishing that pageview data-point in their advertiser kit. While we frankly haven’t checked their media kit recently, but there is no reason to think they are getting much more attention now than then. Why? Because the case can be made that MHI does not behave in the manner of a normal trade group, such as the National Association of Realtors (NAR), National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), or the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA), to name a few. MHI made bold claims about momentum and their ‘reach’ of millions of potential buyers too. But if so, then why is the manufactured housing unperforming so badly? Aren’t the disconnects between their claims and industry performance obvious to the objective thinker?
So, after direct inquiries and public challenges to disclose such information, neither MHI, nor their closely allied MHInsider magazine have in recent years been known to publicly disclose relevant third-party metric data. It is entirely possible that our publication gets more traffic than the relevant ‘news’ blogs of MHInsider, ManufacturedHomes, MHI, the blog of MHI member emeritus and ‘contributing MHInsider editor’ George F. Allen, and the readership of the quarterly vs. previously monthly MHReview – all combined. It may even be multiples of their total combined readership.
The fact that they don’t respond publicly and directly to that statement suggests that notion is accurate.
Possible Future Paths for MHProNews/MHLivingNews
Our family-owned LLC could simply pass the publication and related work onto our teenage son. He has attended industry events and ‘grew up’ in manufactured housing. He has periodically been involved in editing, which he is quite good at doing (at times, apparently better than dad…). But we have no intention to force his career choice. Further, we want the maximum number of options for ourselves.
For industry politics reasons, we don’t expect a possible buyer to emerge from the current ranks of our profession. One reason we tackle topics others avoid is because we ignore the dangling dollars of past or other advertisers in bringing evidence-supported facts and concerns to the attention of readers. An advertiser who tested all of his options, as well as us, said that ONLY MHProNews provided actual leads. That factoid, by the way, supports the point that we likely have several times the combined audience engagement than all of our would-be rivals.
That noted, there are those who have either placed their toe in the waters of manufactured housing, or who may in the future that could emerge for succession planning purposes. There are plenty of sources of capital that could see the opportunity and profit potential of not only getting into the manufactured industry, but also the value of having the largest and most read trade media. Some of what we publish is quite frankly with one eye to the current industry audience, but another to that broader investor potential. An example may help.
It was some twenty years ago, years before what is now known as MHProNews was launched but this writer periodically contributed to other industry publications, that this writer told an investor the following. A multi-million-dollar consulting client with a billionaire backer was working on a project. They wanted a unique approach for selling manufactured homes. During a conversation, this writer remarked to make a point that manufactured housing was small enough of an industry that Warren Buffett could buy up all the manufactured home industry’s production himself. Obviously, antitrust laws could stop that, but the financial resources where there. Perhaps ironically, within months, the Berkshire move for Oakwood stock and then Clayton Homes occurred. Today, Buffett-led Berkshire owned brands dominate, though antitrust keeps a formal lock on acquisition of ‘all’ of the manufactured home industry from occurring for now.
That example is useful for the outsider looking in, because the industry is smaller now than it was in 2002 and 2003 when Berkshire’s beach-head into manufactured housing was established. Fast forward to 2022, and their market share of the combined Oakwood-Clayton production then of some 13 percent has grown to about 50 percent of the industry’s production total.
Such facts, evidence, and expert analysis-based reports and commentary are published in manufactured housing trade media only by our platforms. They reveal the following.
Someone or some corporation with strong capital access could enter the industry and in a reasonable length of time become the dominating force. That could be accomplished with far better customer satisfaction that current large players could claim. They could do so with higher employee and team satisfaction too. An example of that is found in the reports linked below.
As further evidence of those points, several smaller firms in our profession already do a better job at keeping their retailers and end-user homebuyers happy, based on known data.
As management professionals know, once someone or some firm demonstrates that something can be achieved, scaling an operation becomes easier. The historic example of Rollohomes is one of the most accessed reports we’ve produced. Why? Perhaps it is because others are exploring examples of rapid growth vs. slow growth. Once again, the following is an example that the historic side of manufactured housing is best found in reports on our sites.
Buffett’s blitz into MHVille, which his ‘castle and moat’ are supposed to keep brands out – and to a significant degree have achieved that outcome – has, per several of our reports and third-party analysis, opened his industry brands up to legal, regulatory, and market weaknesses. Buffett’s people project confidence. Understandably so. But the fact that Berkshire’s stockholder, attorney and board member Ron Olson won’t try to refute the evidence presented on our site speaks volumes.
The opportunity for growth – yes, in spite of Buffett’s moat method – exists. Easy? No. But the potential reward for the bold with the right plan and resources are significant.
Perhaps nothing outside of the tech, specialized engineering, or medical-pharma sectors has as much upside potential as manufactured housing. That’s arguably why a steady stream of bad news has to emanate from our industry. That bad news is part of the moat that has been described by university and Minneapolis Federal Reserve James “Jim” Schmitz Jr. as a ‘sabotaging monopoly’ tactic.
The case can be made that it is one of Buffett’s man-eating amphibians. After all, his Berkshire conglomerate owned dozens of local and regional media. Few were better positioned than he and BRK to create an educational public relations campaign. But he never did anything of the sort. Indeed, as MHProNews previously reported, Berkshire media publications were as likely to attack the industry as others in media.
Was Buffett blind to that option of educating the public to promote robust manufactured housing acceptance and success? Hardly. It is simply not how he decided to operate in manufactured housing. Who says? Ponder the meaning of Buffett ally, William “Bill” Gates III.
One could go on, but the point is this. The investment options in manufactured housing are tremendous.
No one has documented the way the ‘moat’ has operated in manufactured housing more than MHProNews-MHLivingNews.
That sort of evidence-based research and analysis has value to a big-time investors looking in. Heck, such investors may come from Saudi Arabia, Germany, Canada, Switzerland, Russia, India, as well as the U.S. Along with any number of nations that have billionaires with capital access, one key is not to be intimidated by Buffett/BRK. A savvy investor could consider the Buffett-moat as part of the fun of the challenge and sizable rewards.
Other Publications, Nonprofits, Consultants, Service Providers, and Other Interest Groups
Then, there are publishers who already have their hand successfully in other forms of media. There are also nonprofits that may find value in connecting especially with manufactured housing independents and the industry’s estimated 22 million residents and millions of homeowners.
Numbers of them would have what it takes to make a deal with MHProNews/MHLivingNews’ parent company.
Summing Up and Conclusion
So, MHProNews and our MHLivingNews sister site aren’t going away anytime soon, if ever. Buffett’s minions have not offered (nor would we seek) an offer to buy us out only to later shut us down, as was apparently done by a different manufacturer a couple of years ago in our industry.
The fact that former Clayton Homes division president, Joseph “Joe” Stegmayer and the firm he led for years – Cavco Industries – has been investigated and sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) speaks volumes. What the SEC made public in their pleadings routinely supported the various assertions and previously published evidence found on MHProNews/MHLivingNews, but not from our competitors.
There is plenty of what looks (and smells) like corruption, seemingly inept, as well as short-sighted behavior that exists in our profession to keep black hats, gray hats, and white hats all busy reading here.
The way we have structured the business side of our operation, we can operate like this for years to come. When the ‘right’ opportunity presents itself, we are in a position to act because we own the operation. Or if our son wanted to take up the reigns a few years from now he could do so no problem.
Dependability is a rare commodity.
A longtime client said recently that we have “proven” ourselves. It was high praise from that source.
Legacy Housing, MHARR, and others have praised the results from sponsorship-engagement with our reader base. The opportunities to grow the business are numerous. The fact that rivals wanted to buy us speaks for itself too.
The potential of our industry is bright, but the realities of our industry are ironically troubling. That is how Buffett and his allies at MHI apparently – or even obviously – like it. Keep the industry small, and you can keep acquiring pieces of the industry at discounted prices.
But every dark cloud, so the saying goes, has a silver lining. For those who have spent enough time reading reports like the one by Samuel “Sam” Strommen for Knudson Law – first publicly published exclusively by MHLivingNews and MHProNews – the troubles and the opportunities alike shine like a fine cut gemstone that has some coal dust on it.
The case can be made that no newcomer can properly understand manufactured housing’s modern realities without spending a few days – or even a week or more – of intensive reading on MHProNews/MHLivingNews. One of the best investment opportunities in modern America is our business.
And the most read trade publication is the one you are looking at.
Danny Glover has served on a Warren Buffett nonprofit board, as MHProNews has previously noted. While his statement below shares a powerful insight, it also has a flip side.
“Scientia potentia est” is a Latin aphorism meaning “knowledge is power,” is one popular online definition. That’s not quite right, though.
Knowledge is POTENTIAL power is closer to a correct translation and practical meaning.
In the information age, with several topics that our publication and sister site rank highly on with Google and other search engines, few objective people could deny the opportunities in manufactured housing.
Those with the moxie to see the opportunities in manufactured housing during an affordable housing crisis could see the reasons to get in knowing the challenges from the powers that be. A newcomer could allow the smaller firms to grow as they wish. Indeed, the case could be made that an outsider could come in, team up, and then attract a core group of smaller firms into an alliance that would or could upend the long-vexing status quo.
Whatever the future of our industry holds, MHProNews and our MHLivingNews sister site have always taken a long-term view of the industry and our place in it. Thanks to current and prior clients, sponsors, tipsters and information sources, we are still the runaway biggest and best at what we do. Perhaps that’s why our list of readers is akin to a who’s who of firms of all sizes in our profession.
The black hats, the white hats, and the gray hats all gather round their devices, laptop, or desktop to see what’s behind the curtain in MHVille. Nonprofits, public officials, and others do too.
Our sincere thanks to all who have made this possible. New reader? You can sign up for our industry leading x2 weekly emailed news updates free in seconds at this link here.
We are planning to keep providing manufactured housing “Industry News, Tips, and Views Pros Can Use” ©. When the time comes to hand off the reigns, it will be done in as positive a fashion for the white hats of our profession as possible. That’s what succession planning is all about.
Stick around for the ongoing ride. ##
Next up is our daily business news recap of yesterday evening’s market report, related left-right headlines, and manufactured housing connected equities.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left leaning CNN and Right-leaning (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has been evolving over time, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. For instance. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ news items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 6.27.2022
- Trump’s SPAC plunges
- Former President Donald Trump speaks at the Road to Majority conference Friday, June 17, 2022, in Nashville, Tenn.
- Shares drop 10% on grand jury subpoena news
- West pushes Russia into its first foreign debt default since 1918
- Price cap on Russian oil could shake up the market
- Why OPEC may not have the answer to high oil prices
- The economic consequences of overturning Roe v. Wade will be enormous, experts warn
- All the recession warning signs last week
- The worst may almost be over for bonds. That’s good news for conservative investors
- Here’s how to protect your money from a potential recession
- ‘Watchdog moms’ on TikTok are trying to keep minors safe
- A reporter tried the AI Instagram wants to use to verify age. Here’s what it found
- Ray-Ban’s billionaire owner Leonardo del Vecchio dies
- Maria Shriver and Patrick Schwarzenegger launch brain health brand
- Why this company will cover travel and health care for employees seeking an abortion
- MSNBC set to name Alex Wagner as 9pm host
- An image of Daily Harvest’s rench Lentil + Leek Crumbles meal from their web site. Daily Harvest issued a voluntary recall Sunday of a lentil-based product, after receiving customer reports of gastrointestinal issues linked to its French Lentil + Leek Crumbles meal.
- ‘I’ve never experienced pain like that’: Influencers blast meal kit service after they were sickened
- American Airlines planes sit at gates at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) in Arlington, Virginia, on June 26, 2022.
- 770 more flights canceled Monday after a chaotic travel weekend
- Tom Cruise plays Capt. Pete “Maverick” Mitchell in Top Gun: Maverick from Paramount Pictures, Skydance and Jerry Bruckheimer Films.
- ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ becomes the first $1 billion Tom Cruise film
- Weirdest summer treat is a ketchup-flavored popsicle
- You can smell like bacon with this perfume
- Costco gets sued for animal mistreatment
- Why Kellogg is turning its back on cereal
- Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is changing its name
- ROE V. WADE
- People protest in response to the Dobbs v Jackson Women’s Health Organization ruling in front of the U.S. Supreme Court on June 24, 2022 in Washington, DC. The Court’s decision in Dobbs v Jackson Women's Health overturns the landmark 50-year-old Roe v Wade case and erases a federal right to an abortion.
- These US companies will cover travel costs for an abortion
- The economic consequences will be enormous
- How personal data could enforce anti-abortion laws
- At-home abortion pill startups gain interest and funding
- Reporters document state and local impacts
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax 6.27.2022
- Boston Globe Poll: 69 Percent Say Biden Should Not Run Again
- Roe v. Wade Overturned
- AG: State Abortion Ban 10 Days Away | video
- Demand for Abortion Pills Spikes After Roe Reversal
- Military Personnel Fear Consequences of Abortion Ruling at Some Bases
- Noem: South Dakota Will Prosecute Doctors Performing Abortions | video
- Stars Use BET Awards Stage to Criticize Ruling
- Graham: Economy Will Trump Abortion In November
- South Dakota Gov. Noem Defends Abortion Pill Ban
- Warren Questions ‘Legitimacy’ of Supreme Court
- More Roe v. Wade Overturned
- Russian Invasion of Ukraine
- Poland Working on New Transport Ways for Ukraine Grain
- ‘I Want My Son Back’: Moroccan’s Father Pleads with Putin
- At Least 11 Killed in Russian Missile Strike on Shopping Mall, Ukraine Says
- G-7 Leaders Confer With Zelenskyy, Prep New Aid for Ukraine
- War-Damaged Russian Weapons on Display in Poland
- Russia ‘Pouring Fire’ on Ukrainian City as Offensive Mounts
- US to Provide Ukraine With Medium-to-Long-Range Surface-to-Air Missile Defense System
- Putin Calls Up Obese Bottom of the ‘Barrel’ General to the Front Lines
- Comer: ‘Many More Good Cases’ Coming From High Court | video
- Coach Kennedy: Just a ‘Guy Being Thankful’ After Game | video
- Zeldin: NY Voters Most Concerned About Future in State | video
- Babin: Violent Pro-Abortion Demonstrators Should Be Arrested | video
- Meuser: Warren ‘Agrees With the Woke’ in Call to Pack Court | video
- Pavone: Proponents Should Make Case for Abortion, Not Protest | video
- Trump: US ‘No Longer a Great Nation,’ Now a ‘Joke’ | video
- Court Revives Block of Vaccine Mandate for Federal Workers
- In a reversal for President Joe Biden, a federal appeals court in New Orleans on Monday agreed to reconsider its own April ruling that allowed the administration to require federal employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.The new order from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of…… [Full Story]
- Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade: Trump ‘Unhinged’
- Another Fox News host has broken from former President Donald Trump [Full Story]
- Mississippi AG Certifies Roe Trigger Law; State’s Abortion Ban Takes Effect July 7
- Mississippi’s near-total ban on abortion will become a law on July 7, [Full Story]
- NYC Judge Voids Dems’ Noncitizen Vote Attempt
- A New York City court Monday struck down Democrats’ attempt to permit [Full Story]
- McConnell Vows a GOP-Led Senate Would Be ‘Picky’ on Biden Nominees
- If Republicans regain control of the Senate, Minority Leader Mitch [Full Story]
- Supreme Court Abortion Decision Leaker Still Unidentified
- Finality came on Friday as the Supreme Court officially overturned [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- DeSantis Signs Bill Protecting Religious Institutions From Emergency Lockdowns
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed a bill ensuring that religious [Full Story]
- Ilhan Omar Challenger Wants Citizenship Proof
- AJ Kern previously ran for Congress as a Republican, makes no bones [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Coach Who Won Supreme Court Case Over School Prayer ‘Can’t Stop Smiling’
- Joseph Kennedy, the former Washington high school football coach who [Full Story] | video
- Police Union Warns Biden Admin Federal Parks Aren’t Safe Due to Staffing Shortage
- The U.S. Park Police’s Fraternal Order of Police sounded off a [Full Story]
- Boston Globe Poll: 69 Percent Say Biden Should Not Run Again
- The latest Suffolk University/The Boston Globe poll has come out with [Full Story]
- Survey: More Than One-Third Work Entirely From Home
- More than twoyears into the COVID-19 pandemic, a majority of [Full Story]
- Ted Cruz: Supreme Court Prayer Decision ‘Victory for Religious Liberty’
- Ted Cruz, R-Texas, praised the Supreme Court on Monday for [Full Story]
- Trump Files Appeal Over Dismissal of Twitter Lawsuit
- Former President Donald Trump filed an appeal over the dismissal of [Full Story]
- Supreme Court Upholds HS Football Coach’s Right to Pray
- The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday expanded the religious rights of [Full Story]
- US Supreme Court Sides With Opioid ‘Pill Mill’ Doctors
- Justice Thomas Calls for Revisiting Libel Law Standard
- Supreme Court Rejects Apple’s Bid to Revive Qualcomm Patent Challenge
- Supreme Court Rules for Inmates Seeking Reduced Prison Terms
- Rudy Giuliani: ShopRite Employee Who Assaulted Me ‘Should be Prosecuted’
- Former Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani wants the ShopRite employee who [Full Story]
- Poll: Democrats More Likely to Vote After Supreme Court Abortion Ruling
- More Democrats than Republicans are inspired to vote because of the [Full Story]
- US Pending Home Sales Unexpectedly Rebound in May
- Contracts to buy U.S. previously owned homes unexpectedly increased [Full Story]
- US Basketball Star Griner Due in Russian Court
- More than four months after she was arrested at a Moscow airport for [Full Story]
- Conservative Ad Rips Biden Over Rising Prices
- A new ad from a conservative group accuses President Joe Biden of [Full Story]
- Core Capital Goods Orders Increase Solidly in May
- New orders for U.S.-made capital goods increased more than expected [Full Story]
- White House: Biden Still Opposed to Expanding Supreme Court
- President Joe Biden does not support increasing the number of [Full Story]
- Flores Says Pelosi Pushed Her Daughter During Photo Op
- Newly elected Rep. Mayra Flores on Sunday accused House Speaker Nancy [Full Story]
- WHO Says Monkeypox Is Not Yet a Health Emergency
- Monkeypox is not yet a global health emergency, the World Health [Full Story]
- Amtrak Crash Kills 3 in Brentwood, California
- An Amtrak train running through an unincorporated part of Brentwood, [Full Story]
- Angry Worker Smacks Rudy Giuliani on the Back Over Abortion Decision
- In a Staten Island, New York, ShopRite on Sunday, an angry worker [Full Story]
- Russia Defaults on Foreign Debt for First Time Since 1918
- Russia defaulted on its foreign-currency sovereign debt for the first [Full Story]
- 4 Killed, Hundreds Hurt as Bleachers Fall at Bullfight
- Four people were killed and about 70 injured on Sunday when part of a [Full Story]
- Serbian President Warns of European War
- Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic says the EU is fighting a “direct [Full Story]
- Putin Calls Up Obese Bottom of the ‘Barrel’ General to the Front Lines
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has pulled out of retirement an [Full Story]
- More Than 150,000 Pounds of Baby Formula Delivered to Houston
- More than 150,000 pounds of baby formula was delivered to Houston, [Full Story]
- Recession Could Send Some Americans Over a Financial Cliff
- The $2.8 trillion in stimulus and $6.7 trillion increase in the national debt the U.S. government has spent since the pandemic began, kept the economy from going into a downturn and gave some relief to Americans who would have been decimated by COVID…. [Full Story]
- Ken Nuss: 5 Annuity Myths That Can Blind You to Good Options
- Airlines Cancel Over 700 US Flights
- Bryan Kuderna: A History of Market Dips
- US Supreme Court Sides With Opioid ‘Pill Mill’ Doctors
- FDA to Decide Whether to Modify COVID Vaccines for Fall
- S. health authorities are facing a critical decision: whether to offer new COVID-19 booster shots this fall that are modified to better match recent changes of the shape-shifting coronavirus. Moderna and Pfizer have tested updated shots against the super-contagious omicron…… [Full Story]
- Muting Your Phone May Cause More Stress, Not Less
- Israeli Scientists May Have Discovered the Key to the Fountain of Youth
- Poll: 48 Percent of Dental Patients Haven’t Seen Dentist in Over a Year
- Federal Court Rules Juul E-cigarettes Can Be Sold During Appeal
MHProNews has pioneered in our profession several reporting elements that keep our regular and attentive readers as arguably the best informed in the manufactured housing industry. Among the items shared after ‘every business day’ (when markets are open) is our left-right headline recap summary. At a glance in two to three minutes, key ‘market moving’ news items are covered from left-of-center CNN Business and right-of-center Newsmax. “We Provide, You Decide.” © Additionally, MHProNews provides expert commentary and analysis on the issues that others can’t or won’t cover that help explain why manufactured housing has been underperforming during the Berkshire era while an affordable housing crisis and hundreds of thousands of homeless in America rages on. These are “Industry News, Tips, and Views Pros Can Use” © features and others made and kept us the runaway #1 in manufactured housing trade publisher for a dozen years and counting.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
Manufactured Home Communities (a.k.a. ‘Mobile Home Parks’ – SIC) – Exploring UMH Properties; Fellow Manufactured Housing Institute Member Yes! Communities Suits and Settlements; plus MH Markets Updates
‘Announcing!’ ‘Manufactured Community Owners’ Association of America’ ‘Finally Bringing Fight To Manufactured Home Community Sector of the Industry’ – plus Sunday Weekly Manufactured Housing Headlines Review
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing and have completed over a dozen years of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 12+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.