On Wednesday 1.8.2020, per a statement from Skyline Champion (SKY), leaders from the firm will be attending the CJS Securities Investor Conference. Pre-conference, MHProNews will take a look at some data and issues that investors ought to be considering. That will be our featured focus for this evening’s business nightly market report.
Periodic readers of this business-nightly feature should note there are a few tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- Milk sales plunge
- One of America’s oldest and largest milk producers files for bankruptcy
- Trump’s Iraq threats could backfire on oil and gas prices
- What the Iran tensions with the United States mean for gas prices
- It is patriotic to question America’s leaders in wartime
- The world’s most valuable company has lost $200 billion in value
- Alleged mastermind behind multibillion dollar scandal breaks his silence
- Boeing uncovers another potential flaw with 737 Max
- Uber wants to sell you bus tickets on your next trip to Vegas
- Eileen Fisher built a fashion empire. Her employees now own nearly half of it
- SmileDirectClub signs exclusive deal to sell dental care at Walmart
- SpaceX kicks off a busy year with launch of 60 more Starlink satellites
- Opinion: Our cities don’t have enough affordable housing. Changing this policy will help
- This battery could charge your phone for five days, researchers say
- Startup releases list of 7 biggest retirement mistakes people make
- Chevron pulls oil workers from Iraq
- Pier 1 tumbles 17% on bankruptcy report
- Carlos Ghosn is now free to speak out. Japan’s reputation could suffer
- These are some of the most talked-about devices coming out of CES
- Is your Lamborghini too cold? Just ask Alexa to heat it up
- ‘Alexa, pay for gas.’ Exxon and Amazon team up at the pump
- This TV rotates to play vertical videos
- Krispy Kreme is rolling out a mini version of their classic doughnuts
- How the maker of Skittles and M&Ms preps for Halloween
- Mars is launching a vegan ‘milk chocolate’ bar
- Oreo has two new flavors for the new year
- The best cookies you can buy in a store, ranked
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- Long-suffering Pier 1 Imports preparing for bankruptcy, mass layoffs: report
- The embattled home goods retailer is also canceling orders as it reworks its business structure.
- Hunter Biden linked to identify theft case involving deceased brother
- Stocks rise as investors shake off Iran conflict
- Goldman Sachs reveals best way to protect portfolios amid boiling US-Iran tensions
- Why markets aren’t in chaos amid escalating tensions with Iran: El-Erian
- Golden Globes host Gervais didn’t just scold celebs, he gave good business advice too
- Harvey Weinstein hit with new sex crime charges as landmark trial looms
- America’s top 10 best pizzerias, according to top reviews
- How some monster tried to unleash nasty infestation at Walmart: police
- UAW official charged with corruption in even more trouble: report
- Kanye West’s Sunday Service is about to get a whole lot bigger: report
- Boeing could take unusual step to recover from 737 Max crisis
- Finnish prime minister wants 4-day workweek, 6-hour workday
- Florida pulls in billions in high-tax state exodus
- McCarthy stayed at owner’s home before Cowboys head coach job: Report
- Soaring revenues: Lockheed Martin scores $1.9B F-35 contract
- New McDonald’s CEO vows to clean up company’s boozy party culture
- KFC, Taco Bell owner Yum! Brands buys its first burger joint for $375M
- How Carlos Ghosn reportedly outsmarted Japanese security and escaped
- New York reportedly ready to offer Amazon even bigger incentives package
- Judge rejects Avenatti attempt to narrow Nike extortion indictment
- PHOTOS: Iran threatens America, tearfully mourns slain general
- The future of tech is surveillance, whether businesses admit it or not
- Dairy giant hits bankruptcy as milk substitutes bleed industry
- The latest infighting in private equity for the world’s super-rich families
- Gyms’ latest health and wellness trend a potential killer
- JetBlue looks to offset carbon dioxide emissions in bid to fly cleaner
- Gervais goes on the warpath at the Golden Globes
- Oil price keeps rising as Iran-US conflict fears spread
- Joe Biden breaks from 2020 competitors with NYC fundraising trip
- Varney: Democrats ‘can’t handle’ Trump’s action, resilience in taking out Soleimani
- DirecTV channels return in these markets after AT&T, Hearst reach deal
- Krispy Kreme launches new menu item for dieters
- France warns US against digital tax retaliation
- Will 2020 bring more pain for the trucking industry?
- Judge mulls fate of US researcher who denies spying for China
- Critics of Warriors coach’s Iran rant point to NBA’s China silence
- UK economy boosted by ‘greater Brexit clarity’ after conservative win
- Judge Judy cuts campaign ad for Bloomberg after endorsing him
- Families fight against law giving their au pairs minimum wage
- John Stossel: Three ‘life hacks’ for a better 2020 (You’re going to thank me!)
- US sends veteran firefighters to battle Australia wildfires
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Meet
According to Skyline Champion’s announcement in December 2019, they plan to participate in the CJS Securities Investor Conference January 8th, 2020.
Mark Yost, Chief Executive Officer, and Laurie Hough, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, plan to participate in the 20th Annual CJS Securities “New Ideas for the New Year” Investor Conference in New York City, NY on January 8, 2020.
Year to date, Yahoo Finance reports the following on their firm’s stock performance.
Investors have more to ponder than may at first meets the eye.
A close look at SKY’s disclosures on their 10-K, other IR documents and the related reports are in order. Ask yourself, have they properly covered all of the concerns raised in the related reports? Don’t forget what happened to Cavco.
Keep in mind that sources say that Mark Yost’s statements above were reportedly coordinated with the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI).
See the upcoming report planned for later this week on the Masthead.
Caveat emptor. CLA, top MHI staff and the executive committee are silent; why?
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.