The Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) failed to mention it in their email to their members.
But an advance notice from the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR) reveals a problematic issue noted in the headline about the National Association of Home Builders that will be teed up in our featured focus this evening.
Periodic readers of this business-nightly feature should note there are new tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Exxon’s steady decline
- Its market value has crumbled by $184 billion
- Casper’s IPO is officially a disaster
- Blackstone CEO pledges to donate the majority of his wealth to charity
- LIVE UPDATES Earnings prop up stocks
- Health care stocks could suffer this year. Here’s why
- Tesla’s stock keeps soaring
- Analysis: Trump rebrands the economic recovery as his alone. It’s not
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner is stepping aside
- Nancy Pelosi ripping Donald Trump’s speech may not have been planned, but it was effective
- Barnes & Noble cancels plan to put people of color on the covers of classic books after backlash
- The new Cadillac Escalade can drive itself
- Tesla’s stock falls 20% in a dramatic stumble from its all-time high
- Macy’s just dealt a big blow to the struggling American mall
- Spotify to buy Bill Simmons’ podcast empire
- THE IMPACT OF CORONAVIRUS
- More big brands are getting nervous about coronavirus
- These airlines have suspended flights to and from China
- Airline asks workers to take 3 weeks off without pay
- Macao closes casinos for two weeks
- The coronavirus is clobbering oil prices
- OPENING AND CLOSING
- Sephora is opening 100 new stores in its largest expansion ever
- Macy’s will close 125 stores in the next three years
- PF Chang’s newest restaurant is only for takeout
- Louis Vuitton opens restaurant in flagship store
- Papyrus, another mall staple, is closing all its stores
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- S&P 500, Nasdaq hit records as coronavirus researchers make breakthrough
- Also helping the major averages was the blowout ADP Employment Report, which showed the private sector added 291,000 jobs in January.
- Private sector jobs added in January soar past economists’ expectations
- US biotech firm using coronavirus gene to make vaccine, could have in months
- Thousands quarantined on cruise ships as deadly virus rips through cabins
- World Health Organization seeks $675 million to fight coronavirus
- As Sanders, Buttigieg lead in Iowa, how do their health care plans compare?
- Student loan debt surges in New Hampshire as 2020 Democrats promise to erase it
- The average cost of a grocery bill for a family of 4
- Trump’s victory lap on economy was smart — and Debbie Downer Dems are stunned
- Kraft tempts sex-starved parents with a Valentine’s Day quickie
- Quiznos proposes to cater your wedding
- Amazon CEO Bezos, girlfriend hunting for $100M+ LA home: Report
- Rescuers make miracle discovery after plane ripped to shreds
- Judge rules in favor of Yale frats in discrimination lawsuit
- Nike unveils tech-enhanced Olympic footwear following Vaporfly flap
- Businessman torches $1M rather than paying his ex-wife, daughter
- US test fires unarmed nuclear-capable Minuteman 3 missile
- The most affordable cars in the US for 2020
- What is Patriots owner Robert Kraft’s net worth?
- The most economically powerful countries in the world
- Barnes & Noble torched over ‘classics in blackface’ book cover reissues
- Americans admit to cheating on their spouses — outside of the bedroom
- Varney: This candidate is the Democrats’ new ‘moderate’ hope
- The top 5 US fast-food chains according to customers
- ‘Ghost kitchen’ startup Kitopi raises funding to compete with DoorDash, big tech
- Peacock plan to stream Jimmy Fallon early irks local affiliates: Report
- Boston Market, Olive Garden offer Valentine’s Day food bouquets
- United Airlines buys flight school to increase training, hiring efforts
- Army wants soldiers to see through walls
- IRS says 31% of its workers to retire in five years
- This generation is about to power the housing market
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos claps back at girlfriend’s brother, alleges extortion attempt
- Pete Rose asks MLB for reinstatement, cites Astros sign-stealing scandal
- These jobs make the most, least in tips
- He’ll park where he wants! Jeff Bezos filling his cart with tickets in DC
- Hermes adds lipsticks, enters competitive cosmetics world
- Military grooming brand Bravo Sierra lands big bucks from backers
- US patent office rules in favor of Biogen over Mylan for MS drug
- Disney’s secret weapon against Netflix and Amazon in India
- How long Vladimir Putin can serve as Russia’s president
- Aretha Franklin’s estate remains at heart of family dispute
- Tesla naysayers still betting against Elon Musk despite $11.5B loss
- Patriots star’s plea to Tom Brady: ‘Baby come back’
- Boomers, millennials, Gen Xers: The generation who tips the most
- California firefighters return from Australia fires to hero’s welcome
- Flu most dangerous in these 10 states right now
- 7-Eleven tests first cashier-less store in Texas
- Americans escaping coronavirus zone land at California military base
- Blue-collar workers in Michigan are ‘scared to death,’ congresswoman warns
- Jury shown graphic evidence in Harvey Weinstein trial
- Uber self-driving cars can be tested in California
- Texas AG says he’s open to breaking up Google to slow its dominance
- ‘Hell yeah’ or ‘nope’? Tesla CEO Elon Musk riles up Twitter with Texas poll
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Meet
As the intro at the top of this article stated, this will tease or tee up information that should be of concern to manufactured housing professionals and investors.
Recall that the co-sponsor for the Innovative Housing Showcase (IHS) in June 2019 was the National Association of Home Builders.
On 2.4.2020, several manufactured housing industry-connected organizations were present for a meeting with Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) leaders. The topic was the Duty to Serve (DTS). Per an advanced report we have, NAHB was dismissive about the quality of HUD Code manufactured homes, and was using that as a reason to oppose DTS.
There will be more on this in a report tomorrow. But for tonight, this is problematic on several levels. MHI just sent out a message to their members that totally failed to mention this issue. They too had a lobbyist present to represent their interests. Why didn’t MHI advise their members about what NAHB did?
This ought to be troubling too because Cavco Industries, quite rightly, stated in their recent quarterly report that access to lending is a vital issue to the industry.
Stay tuned for our more detailed report which is expected before noon tomorrow.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.