The headline is based on data from a right-of-center organization that has reported a deep dive into voter registration data, including from the state of Iowa that caucuses tonight. Voter registration is a hot-button issue on both sides of the Democratic and Republican divides. With elections being significant for the decisions of businesses and investors, a snapshot of Judicial Watch’s media statement will be our featured focus tonight.
Periodic readers of this business-nightly feature should note there are new tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- $15 billion
- Alphabet just revealed for the first time how much YouTube makes
- Another Whole Foods competitor just bit the dust
- Things are finally looking up for America’s factories
- Gilead Sciences testing antiviral drug to treat coronavirus
- The best (and worst) Super Bowl commercials
- Opinion: Why Google’s ‘Loretta’ ad won the Super Bowl
- This could be America’s smallest restaurant
- This CEO’s tip for success: Always go home for dinner
- Somewhere, someone is still using a Blackberry phone. They’re about to be very disappointed
- Super Bowl LIV averaged 102 million viewers
- Rush Limbaugh says he has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer
- 9 reasons the Indian CEO keeps coming to the rescue
- Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., speaks at a campaign rally Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. (AP Photo/John Locher)
- Bracing for Bernie: Why Sanders could be a nightmare for Wall Street
- The coronavirus is clobbering oil prices
- March 15, 2019: Harry's razors hanging in the personal care section of a large department store.
- US blocks one of the world’s biggest razor companies from buying Harry’s
- BANKRUPTCY WATCH
- People walk past a closed-down branch of former fast-fashion retailer Forever 21 on Oxford Street in London, England, on January 7, 2020.
- Forever 21 strikes $81 million deal after filing for bankruptcy
- Papyrus, another mall staple, is closing all its stores
- Fast food chain Krystal files for bankruptcy
- Payless is emerging from bankruptcy
- Pier 1 will close up to 450 stores
- 5G IS HERE
- Opinion: 5G won’t be the disruptive change many claim it will be
- The big differences between 4G and 5G
- 5G will fundamentally change our lives for the better
- UK will allow Huawei to help build 5G network
- Opinion: America can’t afford to lose to China in the 5G race
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Tesla short-sellers mauled with $2.5B loss
- Short-sellers entered a new world of pain on Monday as shares surged more than 18 percent, eclipsing $700 for the first time following a slew of positive commentary from Wall Street.
- Google parent Alphabet posts sales miss
- US stocks rebound to kick off February
- NFL Players Association to vote on 17-game season amid labor talks: Report
- Fears over deadly coronavirus outbreak sends oil into bear market
- China accuses US of ‘manufacturing panic’ over deadly coronavirus outbreak
- Cruise ship quarantined after passenger tests positive for coronavirus
- Iowa vs New York: Better to have first vote or 24 hour subways?
- Democratic front-runner emerges hours before Iowa caucuses
- Why manufacturers in Iowa are paying close attention to 2020 race
- Trump’s pro-growth agenda is clearly working, just look at America’s real GDP
- Why flight attendants are preparing to take your porn away
- Smash hit Super Bowl’s viewership numbers reverse troubling NFL trend
- Rush Limbaugh announces he has ‘advanced lung cancer’
- Madonna sued for showing up late to New York concerts: Report
- Texas oil well blowout kills 3rd worker
- SEE PICS: Model becomes new face of luxury Canada Goose brand
- Virginia Senate blocks another Ralph Northam-backed gun bill
- Pelosi loses bet to fellow Democrat after 49ers go down in Super Bowl
- Popeyes, Chick-fil-A face heat of new competitor in chicken sandwich wars
- WATCH: Super Bowl LIV’s top-rated commercials
- Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg is engaged
- Super Bowl fan caught sleeping in viral pic a Clinton-linked CEO: report
- FTC sues to block Harry’s sale to Schick owner Edgewell
- Goldman Sachs, Amazon to offer US small-business loans: Report
- Labor union membership is highest in these states
- $500M California listing may be most expensive home in America
- Former Grammy CEO Neil Portnow scored big payout despite entanglement in scandals: Report
- Portnow’s female successor claims he “resigned in disgrace.”
- BP oil spill cash rebuilds eroded Louisiana’s pelican Island
- Middle-aged Americans are bankrolling their parents, study finds
- Bloomberg rolls out $5 trillion tax plan targeting ‘Americans like me’
- Varney: Trump should hammer Democrats during his State of the Union address
- Budweiser Super Bowl commercial features pizza mogul who used to be homeless
- How much is Deval Patrick worth?
- Organic grocery store chain shuttering all of its stores
- Air Canada flight emergency lands in Madrid after damaged engine caused tense flight
- PF Chang’s opens first to-go location filling Chinese food flunk
- How much money Chiefs players scored with Super Bowl victory
- Pop star’s mystery beau identified as investor, CEO
- Inside the Miami hotel favored by Sinatra, Rat Pack royalty
- C. Penney in danger of being booted from New York Stock Exchange
- Mastermind behind one of America’s biggest frauds dead weeks after release from jail
- Why the Chiefs’ Super Bowl victory is not welcome news for investors
- China’s coronavirus hospital — built in 10 days — opens doors to first patients
- CEO says groundbreaking peanut allergy treatment aimed at ‘protecting’ children
- Kentucky worker killed in gruesome accident at Amazon construction site
- Jeff Bezos cozies up to Lizzo at Super Bowl amid rumors of team purchase
- Which country has the fastest-growing economy?
- Staples Center removes massive Kobe Bryant memorial
- Young NFL players learn unique financial game plan so they don’t go broke
- Jennifer Lopez, Shakira rock pole-dancing-filled Super Bowl halftime show
- What is Pat Sajak’s net worth?
- Weinstein accuser grilled during cross examination
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Meet
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.