There are an array of nonprofits, researchers, individuals, institutions, media, and other platforms which are keenly engaged in the battle for personal liberty and equal justice under law. During the course of the reports, analysis, and commentary in 2021 published by MHProNews, we have named and provided examples of several of those battling for personal liberty, small business and human rights. While many are from the right or are inspired by principles of faith, others are independents or left-of-center individuals who might be called liberals who aren’t leftists. In contrast to those, there are those who are pushing an agenda that magically happens to benefit larger or big businesses and their ultra-wealthy and even billionaire owners. That group is led by a relatively small group of professionals who may be numbered in the tens of thousands. That category routinely has far deeper pockets than small businesses and individuals. Those financial ‘elites’ often have big media, big tech, big business, and big government bureaucrats on their side. Warren Buffett and his long-standing partner Charlie Munger made it clear last summer in a televised interview on CNBC that the rich wanted more power and that politicians in their orbit want more power too. That was not a new statement, as Buffett said some 15 years ago that his class, the wealthy were waging class warfare and that his class was winning. In a flashback to 2015, during the Obama-Biden Administration, fellow billionaire Nick Hanauer openly said that the pitchforks are coming for his fellow plutocrats and oligarchs. People like Buffett, William “Bill” Gates III, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, George Soros, and others understood all too well what Hanauer meant.
It should go without saying that the billionaires, plutocrats and oligarchs do not want to face pitchforks and angry mobs. Hold that thought.
The financial and information elites decades ago were often referred to as the “establishment.”
Protests occurred in the 1960s against such “establishment” elitists.
Then, before, and more recently “the establishment” has in various ways funneled money to groups and individuals that were in essence apparently protesting the very elites who were paying for those protests. An example is someone like Saul Alinsky. Alinsky was the author of “Rules for Radicals.” People like him do no emerge from a vacuum. “Radicals” get paid by foundations, nonprofits, schools, churches, or other groups that when carefully examined have ties to those who are contributing to their existence financially, through media, and by other means. Per left-leaning Wikipedia “Saul David Alinsky was an American community activist and political theorist. His work through the Chicago-based Industrial Areas Foundation [IAF] helping poor communities organize to press demands upon landlords, politicians and business leaders won him national recognition and notoriety.” But before the Alinsky was involved in: “The Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council (BYNC) is one of the oldest community organizations in America still functioning. Founded in New City on the Near South Side in 1939 by Saul Alinsky and Joseph Meegan, the council was dedicated to their motto, “We the people will work out our own destiny.” Alinsky and his allies brought together a coalition of trade union, religious, and others.
Fast forward to our time and the struggles for affordable housing. As but one example in our manufactured housing profession, MHAction is supported by the Tides nonprofit that in turn gets funding for another nonprofit that is funded solely by Warren Buffett. Buffett, who has indicated his interest in history, is not alone in taking a page from Vladimir Lenin, who said it was best to lead (i.e.: control) your own “opposition.” Said Lenin, “The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves.”
Sometimes individuals make statements that are accurate but which they may or may not themselves fully realize their meaning.
In describing monopolists, senior researcher James A. “Jim” Schmitz Jr and his colleagues have said that monopolies are difficult to detect and are often subtle in their methods. Without naming Buffett (or others like him), that contention – which Schmitz and his colleagues freely admit has a connection to insights from researchers in the 1940s. Meaning, like Alinsky, the roots of the understanding of how monopolists operate date back for decades, and are well over a century old as Goliath author Matt Stoller has documented.
The Reality of Manufactured Housing is Hiding in Plain Sight
The best place to hide, goes an old maxim, is in plain sight.
On one side, visualize manufactured housing professionals often being ‘led’ by the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI). Several of the dominating brands in manufactured housing – as scores of mainstream media reports have demonstrated and alleged have problematic and “predatory” business practices. What mainstream media has not yet hammered home is that those predatory brands are routinely MHI members and/or are members of an MHI state association “affiliate.”
Then, on the other side is MHAction which ‘opposes’ the predatory behavior of specific brands that they have named in their white papers and research documents. That noted, MHAction’s research and goals magically seem to benefit the very people they claim to be opposing, namely the consolidators of the manufactured housing industry. It is an apparent living example of the Lenin principle of controlling your own opposition. When MHProNews asked MHAction leaders about that allegation, they replied with silence. They have a constitutionally protected right not to incriminate themselves that merits respect.
Not to be missed in this mix being described are the working and effects of the “Iron Triangle.” Congressmen of whatever party get campaign contributions – and perhaps favorable to a respective candidate’s platform – media coverage useful to that person. Congress not only passes bills, but they also oversee the regulators. Those regulators not surprisingly often put their thumbs on the scales of the regulated in a fashion that favors deeper pockets over thinner wallets. This is dramatized in the classic historically inspired movie, Tucker. The once dominating Detroit auto makers dominated the politician(s) and regulators that made smaller rivals lives miserable.
So, to Buffett’s point with CNBC, the rich and politically minded want more power. There is a symbiosis between:
- ‘special interests’ – think business interests – and their advocates which are often trade organizations.
- Regulators – which are well documented to experience a ‘revolving door’ movement of individuals between business, advocates, other governmental or institutional groups.
- Politicians, elected, and appointed officials – which run or oversee the regulators.
John Kenneth Galbraith, wrote in The Great Crash of 1929 “Moreover, regulatory bodies, like the people who comprise them, have a marked life cycle. In youth they are vigorous, aggressive, evangelistic, and even intolerant. Later they mellow, and in old age—after a matter of ten or fifteen years—they become, with some exceptions, either an arm of the industry they are regulating or senile.”
The Washington Post revealed that MHI outside attorney David Goch took part of that Galbraith quote apparently quite seriously, when Goch in a formal complaint letter to HUD referred to HUD as MHI’s client.
It’s a monopoly on money and information is how actor Danny Glover described this phenomenon in the U.S. in the award-winning and still relevant documentary drama, Shadows of Liberty. Glover happens to have served on a Buffet foundation board. He presumably has seen what he pithily described up close and personal.
Why the Period Between Christmas and New Year’s is a Time For Reflection and Resolutions
Christmas is traditionally celebrated for 8 days (an octave), not just one.
New Year’s falls on the 8th day, which coincides when the infant Jesus was circumcised in accordance with Jewish law.
On Thursday, January 6 is the feast of the Epiphany 2022. Epiphany recalls “the manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi (Matthew 2:1–12),” per Oxford Languages.
The wise and wealthy Magi as well as the lowly shepherds alike came to pay homage to baby Jesus. The Magi were inspired to follow a star that ‘led’ them to Bethlehem. The Free Dictionary says, “Bethlehem Ephrathah – a small town near Jerusalem on the West Bank of the Jordan River; early home of David and regarded as the place where Jesus was born.”
Prophet Micah said: “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.” (Micah 5:2 NIV). According to left-leaning Wikipedia: “Micah was active in Judah from before the fall of Israel in 722 BC and experienced the devastation brought by Sennacherib’s invasion of Judah in 701 BC. He prophesied from approximately 737 to 696 BC.”
Ponder that insight for a few moments. Over 700 hundred years before Jesus’ nativity, Micah’s prophecy named the place of Jesus’ birth. For those who have doubts about the reality of the spiritual realm and the inspired merits of faith, Micah’s prophecy is just one of dozens (some say hundreds) of “Old Testament” (i.e.: the Hebrew Scriptures, the original covenant) that are fulfilled in the coming of Christ and the insights from his apostles and disciples which are expressed in the New Testament (the new covenant). “The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.” (Jeremiah 31:31 NIV). “This [new] covenant will not be like the one I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand and brought them out of the land of Egypt. They broke that covenant, though I loved them as a husband loves his wife,” says the LORD.” (Jer. 31:32 NLT).
As left-leaning Snopes said, Alinsky dedicated his Rules to Radicals to: Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins — or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.
— SAUL ALINSKY”. It is fair to say that there is a battle between good and evil. It is a battle that dates back to the Garden of Eden.
By influencing and ‘controlling’ information, regulations, money and power, wealth steadily flows up to those who manipulate the system. Who says? How about Bill Gates or Buffett as sources?
By limiting manufactured housing, there are barriers of entry, persistence, and exit.
By stirring up troubling news and then influencing the way that information is reported, the “establishment” types are increasing the pressure on smaller competitors. After years of MHLivingNews and MHProNews reporting and analysis that documents this pattern, it is becoming increasingly evident in our profession. But as Schmitz and his colleagues have made clear, this pattern is occurring in other industries and professions too.
“The Moat” or the “Castle and Moat” are Buffett’s imagery to describe his methodology for his acolytes. The castle and moat are images from the feudalistic era in European history. Certainly, aspects of an aristocratic class have been in evidence at various times in Asian, African, and Latin American societies too. So, why would it be a surprise if a neo-feudalistic system is emerging in the U.S. or Canada? Isn’t what Laura Flanders and Peter Buffett described as philanthro-feudalism to be expected rather than surprising?
But each of these are aspects of monopolistic behavior. These demonstrate what Schmitz and his colleagues have said about the outcomes of monopolization, which may develop in various forms that include duopolies, oligopolies, etc. In manufactured housing production, MHI brags that they have as their members firms that produce some 85 percent of all HUD Code manufactured housing production. But what MHI neglects to mention is that some 80 percent of that is from three firms, Clayton Homes (BRK), Skyline Champion (SKY), and Cavco Industries (CVCO). Nor do they mention that on the community side, while there are more consolidators a relatively small group dominates the MHI board, in conjunction with the Big Three and the Berkshire affiliated lenders.
None of these points are conspiracy theories. After all, the evidence often comes right out of the mouths of those who are part of this increasingly feudalistic system.
America has never been a perfect society. But the ideals that the founders attempted to install where supposed to benefit the everyday woman or man who makes the wheels in a practical or secular sense turn.
It should be no surprise that numbers of these elites are either self-described atheists like Buffett, agnostic, or like Bill Gates seemingly practice a faith while denying through behavior the tenants of that faith.
It is a matter of fact that some seek God more than others do. But a key part of the story of Christmas is that God is every seeking humanity in general, and each human soul in particular.
It may seem simplistic to say that for thousands of years of human history a battle between good vs. evil is in evidence. So, why would independents or authentic manufactured home resident-advocates be surprised if that battle is occurring today?
More MHProNews Info, Analysis and Commentary
But what history also reflects is that there are ebbs and flows in the struggle for individual rights. It is no surprise that the powerful want large numbers of ‘the masses’ to love or follow them. The more who are conditioned by repeated messaging to trust or admire the elites, the less likely they will get the pitchforks that Hanauer warned his fellow oligarchs against. But those of us who are not in the “establishment” “elites” – Buffett’s class warfare image, where the wealthy are “winning” or “won” – must recall the second part of Hanauer’s apt insight. If the pitchforks don’t come, the alternative is a police state.
As a range of voices across the left-right divide that MHProNews has reported on in the past 2 years illustrates, a surveillance and “mandate” heavy society has emerged. What is a mandate without enforcement? Most of those who sound the alarm about COVID19 and vaccinations, etc. are not antivaxxers. Rather, when carefully viewed, numbers are rejecting the growing police state mentality that is the opposite of what a constitutionally limited government is supposed to guarantee.
The elite billionaires have grown far wealthier and rapidly so during the declared pandemic. Meanwhile, the U.N. says 100 million globally have become poorer during the coronavirus handling. Never forget the insight from William Proxmire, who said if you want to understand Washington, D.C. there are two rules.
- Follow the money trail.
- There are no coincidences.
This is an apt summation of the insights from 2021.
A year ago, MHProNews published this summary. Our industry has two specifically good laws, which MHI acknowledges, but for some magical reason have not successfully enforced. Meanwhile, that lack of enforcement of those two good laws have benefited the consolidators. It has harmed consumers.
By contrast, there is the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR) as a counterweight to MHI. While they seem to say similar things, when carefully examined, MHARR’s independents have been paying the freight that fights the battle to keep the American Dream alive in our profession.
These images and quotations that follow sum up much of the tale. This is part of the evidence that this thesis holds together. The first report linked below is as apt today as when it was published. That is an indicator of research with sound analysis that stands the test of time.
Note in many devices and browsers, you can click on an image like the one below and it will open in a larger size. Click the image, follow the prompts. To return, you may need to use your back or escape key or follow the prompts.
During an affordable housing crisis, manufactured housing has yet to recover to the level the industry was operating at in 2000, much less 1998. While it is true that the loss of securitized lending was a big part of that fall, it would be a mistake to say that it was the only issue. Bad news generated by bad actors are another part.
On paper, MHEC members have made apt observations. But in practice, where is their beef? While some are occasional sources for insights and tips to MHProNews, they are apparently either fearful and/or comfortable with the status quo. History shows that nothing changes until it is challenged. For 2022 to become all that it can be, more industry professional should follow the example of MHARR and those who are fighting for good, honest, pro-business yet pro-consumer behavior.
The traditional notion of American business is that good businesses provide a good service and customers reward them by coming back and sending their friends. The problem with bad businesses with bad motivations is that it twists that principle and turns it on its head. It’s a tangled web. But it has been unraveled. It is understandable. It can be defeated.
The Maxwell verdict is a reminder that the wheels of justice often grind slowly, but they may finally bring the guilty to justice. The law is on the side of the masses and the ‘white hats’ in our profession. It may seem like Goliath is unbeatable, but that has never been true historically. The arrogant routinely overreach and a tipping point occurs when the good organize sufficiently to tame their feudal overlords. The precise timing is not known, but the sooner the good shed their fear and begin to prudently push back and demand justice, the sooner the manipulators of the marketplace can be tamed.
As Samuel Strommen noted in his case against manufactured housing market manipulators, and Cornell’s Legal Information Institute (LII) confirms, there are serious penalties for those guilty of felony monopolization and market manipulation.
“Every person who shall monopolize, or attempt to monopolize, or combine or conspire with any other person or persons, to monopolize any part of the trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations, shall be deemed guilty of a felony, and, on conviction thereof, shall be punished by fine not exceeding $100,000,000 if a corporation, or, if any other person, $1,000,000, or by imprisonment not exceeding 10 years, or by both said punishments, in the discretion of the court.”
Never forget that Warren Buffett has joked about he and Charlie Munger being partners in crime. If the shoe, or orange jump suit, fits – they should wear it. So, should several others.
Next up is our business daily recap of yesterday evening’s market report, related left-right headlines, and manufactured housing connected equities.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left (CNN) – Right (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has been evolving over time, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. For instance. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ news items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 12.30.2021
- Travelers beware
- Travelers in a gate area at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S., on Monday, Dec. 27, 2021. Flight cancellations that disrupted U.S. travel over the Christmas weekend stretched into Monday, with winter storms further pressuring carriers that were already short-staffed because of spreading Covid-19 cases.
- Airline cancellations could get worse this New Years weekend
- A key unemployment measure hasn’t been this low in 52 years
- 4 numbers that explain the wild market in 2021
- JetBlue is canceling 1,280 flights as Omicron cases surge
- ‘Queen Mary 2’ ocean liner won’t return to New York after dropping off 10 Covid-positive passengers
- China’s Xi’an lockdown hits some of the world’s largest chipmakers
- America runs on bad jobs
- Jury in Elizabeth Holmes trial fails to reach a verdict for second week
- Elon Musk owes $11 billion in taxes after wrapping up his Tesla stock sales
- Every DoorDash employee, from engineers to CEO, will make deliveries
- Bill Carter: The biggest news story of 2021? Our imperiled democracy
- Amazon’s Alexa tells 10-year-old child to touch penny to exposed plug
- De-platforming Donald Trump: One of CNN’s top 10 media stories of 2021
- Content by LendingTree
- 2 Minutes Online Could Save You Over $40K in Your Mortgage
- A customer uses an automated teller machine (ATM) at a Banco Santander SA bank branch in London, U.K., on Friday, Oct. 22, 2021.
- UK bank mistakenly pays out $175 million on Christmas Day
- Tesla Model 3 vehicles at a store in Rocklin, California, U.S., on Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
- Tesla recalls 475,000 vehicles due to camera and trunk issues
- Bottles of Moët & Chandon champagne are displayed for sale inside a Costco Wholesale Corp. store in Miami, Florida, U.S., on Monday, Dec. 5, 2016.
- High-end Champagne shortage could ruin your New Year’s Eve
- GETTING AROUND
- Passengers walk in the departures hall at Shanghai Pudong International Airport on August 23, 2021 in Shanghai.
- Delta turned flight around mid-air, saying China’s new Covid cleaning rules are unworkable
- Airlines cancel more than 6,000 flights amid Omicron
- 2021: The revolutionary year in pickup trucks
- New York City subway forced to cut back service
- $4 gas could be here by Memorial Day, GasBuddy predicts
- John Madden during Super Bowl XXXVII – EA Sports Ninth Annual Football Videogame Tournament at Axiom Nightclub in San Diego, on January 3, 2003.
- How John Madden became the biggest name in video games
- Tesla to pull plug on letting drivers play video games
- Quick! Costco has restocked the Xbox Series X
- After hours offline, Fortnite access has been restored
- Riot Games agrees to pay $100 million settlement in gender discrimination lawsuit
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 12.30.2021
- 206 Marines Booted From Corps for Refusing a COVID Vaccine
- A member of the United States military prepares Moderna coronavirus vaccinations recently at Camp Foster in Ginowan, Japan.
- Newsmax TV
- Tenney: Biden’s Russia Tack Not Forceful Enough | video
- Owens: GOP to Take House and Senate in 2022 | video
- Luetkemeyer: Economy Will Remain ‘Slow and Sluggish’ in 2022 | video
- Graham: GOP Will ‘Wipe Out’ Dems in 2022 Midterms | video
- Sarah Palin: I’d ‘Love’ to Return to Political Office | video
- Jha: CDC Made Right Call to Reduce COVID Isolation Period | video
- Kerik: Eric Adams ‘Has Ability, Needs Courage’ on Crime | video
- More Newsmax TV
- Maxwell Verdict Bodes Ill for Prince Andrew’s Civil Case
- Prince Andrew wasn’t on trial in the Ghislaine Maxwell sex trafficking case, but her conviction is bad news for the man who is ninth in line to the British throne.With the conclusion of the Maxwell case, attention will now turn to a U.S. civil suit in which the plaintiff…… [Full Story]
- Fauci Backs Changes to CDC Isolation Recommendations
- Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy [Full Story]
- 206 Marines Booted From Corps for Refusing Vaccine
- More than 200 U.S. Marines unvaccinated against COVID-19 have been [Full Story]
- NYC Mayor-Elect Adams Keeping de Blasio’s Shot Mandate
- CDC Says COVID-19 Deaths and Hospitalizations ‘Comparatively’ Low Despite Omicron Surge
- Large Study Confirms Pfizer Vaccine Safe for Kids Ages 5-11
- US Children Hospitalized With COVID in Near-Record Numbers
- Feds Press Nursing Home COVID Boosters as Staff Cases Spike
- J&J Booster 84 Percent Effective Against Omicron Hospitalization in South Africa
- CDC Recommends Against Cruise Travel as COVID-19 Cases Resurge
- Experts: 8 Political Predictions That Will ‘Rock’ 2022
- While nobody has a crystal ball to tell us what the new year will [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Whitmer Kidnap Suspects’ Lawyers: FBI ‘Controlled’ All Aspects of Plot
- Defense attorneys for the five men charged in a plot to kidnap [Full Story]
- Madden Twitter Critics Blame Coach for Concussions, Building ‘Digital Plantation’
- The reactions to NFL legend John Madden’s death on Tuesday were [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Poll: 71 Percent of GOP Doubt Legitimacy of Biden’s Win
- Nearly three in four Republicans doubt that President Joe Biden won [Full Story]
- Biden, Putin to Hold Second Call This Month as Ukraine Tensions Simmer
- President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin are set to [Full Story]
- New York Jury Holds Drug Firm Teva Liable in Opioid Crisis
- A jury held Teva Pharmaceuticals responsible Thursday for [Full Story]
- Trump Asks Supreme Court to Consider WashPost Interview With Jan. 6 Panel Chairman
- Former President Donald Trump has asked the Supreme Court to consider [Full Story]
- Why Is This New Cannabis Discovery So Popular With Seniors In Florida?
- Healthline News
- Cook Report Projects GOP as Clear Favorite to Capture House in 2022
- Ratings from a nonpartisan election handicapper indicate that [Full Story]
- Ghislaine Maxwell was found guilty by a U.S. jury on Wednesday of [Full Story]
- Ghislaine Maxwell Faces High Legal Bar in Bid to Overturn Sex Abuse Conviction: Experts
- Epstein Settlement With Giuffre to Be Made Public, Affects Prince Andrew Case
- 10 Key Moments From the Ghislaine Maxwell Sex Abuse Trial
- Ex-Afghan President Says Had No Choice but to Flee Kabul
- Afghanistan’s former president said he had no choice but to abruptly [Full Story]
- Iran: Rocket Carried 3 ‘Research Payloads’ Into Space
- Iran used a satellite launch rocket to send three research devices [Full Story]
- Texas Schools Reverse Course on Dress Code Policies Over Discrimination Claims
- Some Texas schools have dropped their gender-based dress code [Full Story]
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Explains US ‘Divorce’ Suggestion Is a ‘Wake-Up Call’
- Marjorie Taylor Greene on Thursday defended her suggestion for a [Full Story]
- Fauci: Avoid New Year’s Parties ‘With All the Bells and Whistles’
- Anthony Fauci on Wednesday warned against large New Year’s Eve [Full Story]
- GOP’s Keeney Drops out of 7th District Race; Cites New Maps
- A onetime Republican contender for Virginia’s competitive 7th [Full Story]
- Twitter Suspends mRNA Vaccine Pioneer, Mandate Critic
- Twitter has issued a suspension to Dr. Robert Malone, a key [Full Story]
- Rick Scott Accuses Biden of Hypocrisy Over Antibody Distribution
- Rick Scott says President Joe Biden is being a “hypocrite” over [Full Story]
- Ex-NBA Star Amar’e Stoudemire Converts to Orthodox Judaism, Seeks Life Partner
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire has converted to Orthodox Judaism [Full Story]
- Amazon Updates Alexa Following Penny Challenge Incident
- Amazon has issued an update for devices that use its Alexa voice [Full Story]
- US Unemployment Claims Drop to 198,000
- The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits fell below [Full Story]
- COVID-19 Casts Bleak Shadow Over New Year Celebrations, Again
- COVID-19 will stifle New Year celebrations around the world for the [Full Story]
- Times Square Show Will Go on Despite Virus Surge, Mayor Says
- Biden’s DOJ Asks Supreme Court to Hear ‘Remain in Mexico’ Case
- President Joe Biden’s Department of Justice has asked the Supreme [Full Story]
- Denver Shootings Suspect Wrote Books Previewing Attacks
- A man accused of killing five people in a rampage in Denver is [Full Story]
- Man Arrested on Way to WH, Says God Told Him to ‘Kill Persons in Power’
- A 25-year-old Merced, California, man was arrested on his way to [Full Story]
- China to Crack Down on Religious Web Content
- According to Bitter Winter, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is [Full Story]
- California Man Sentenced for Fatally Shooting Woman During Argument Over 2016 Election
- A California man who shot two people, killing one, during an argument [Full Story]
- Some Nations Rethink Isolation, Testing Rules as Omicron Sweeps Globe
- Global COVID-19 infections hit a record high over the past seven-day [Full Story]
- Report: UPenn Women’s Swimming Team Upset Over Transgender Member’s Dominance
- Members of the University of Pennsylvania’s women’s swimming team are [Full Story]
- Florida:New Guidelines for Cars Driven Under 50 Miles/day
- CDC Recommends Against Cruise Travel as COVID-19 Cases Resurge
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said people should avoid cruise travel regardless of vaccination status, following a jump in onboard COVID-19 cases, in a major blow to the industry that has been ravaged by the pandemic…. [Full Story]
- Mexico’s Central Bank to Have Digital Currency by 2024
- How Zuckerberg Spends His $129 Billion Fortune
- Israel to Offer 4th Vaccine Dose to Most Vulnerable
- At-Home COVID-19 Tests Can Detect Omicron – But With a Caveat
- More Finance
- New COVID-19 Cases in US Soar to Highest Levels on Record
- More than a year after the vaccine was rolled out, new cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. have soared to the highest level on record at over 265,000 per day on average, a surge driven largely by the highly contagious omicron variant…. [Full Story]
- Sipping Champagne is Good for You, Science Says So
- Large Study Confirms Pfizer Vaccine Safe for Kids Ages 5-11
- Israel to Offer 4th Vaccine Dose to Most Vulnerable
- At-Home COVID-19 Tests Can Detect Omicron – But With a Caveat
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12th year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.