What are federal government officials in Washington and others in public service beyond the D.C. beltway reading on MHProNews?
That and more will be this evening’s featured focus. To ‘tee up’ or ‘set the table’ for that report, some background information is useful.
MHProNews has revealed more raw data on traffic than anyone else in manufactured housing trade publishing. This publication has done so for years. Others may make bold claims, but they only give you their claim. Talk is as cheap as some people can be. Those rivals may have slick covers or cool looking sites, but they routinely provide no raw evidence. By contrast, as noted, MHProNews has done so for years, and does so again in our evening focus below.
Perhaps as or more revealing, when wanna-be rivals are asked to defend their claims, they routinely duck and hide.
In fairness, let’s tip the hat to Kurt Kelley, J.D., a thoughtful professional who seemingly is trying to weave the path between the various industry groups. In a polarized industry in a hyper-partisan nation, that’s not easy to do. Kelley alone has responded to questions put to him by in the last year or so by MHProNews. Here is what he said.
There has been a surge of government readers, in Washington, D.C. and beyond. Traffic can rise or fall, but has generally risen in the last year and beyond. Candidly, in the early days of June, traffic from government officials was notably down, for whatever reasons. But since Monday emailed headline news eblast, there has been a strong surge of traffic. Let’s look at some facts and see what it might mean.
Readers old and new alike will see our left-right media headline bullets and thought-provoking quotable quotes that follow tonight.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- In search of food
- OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA – DECEMBER 04: A sign noting the acceptance of electronic benefit transfer (EBT) cards that are used by state welfare departments to issue benefits is displayed at a grocery store on December 04, 2019 in Oakland, California. Nearly 700,000 people are set to lose their food stamp benefits after the Trump administration announced plans to reform the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP.
- Groceries were hard to find for millions. Now it’s getting even worse
- Oil is up $80 in seven weeks. The remarkable recovery could be too good to be true
- Fed economist pushes for unprecedented rate cut in the United States
- Record number of retail stores are expected to permanently close this year
- Shoppers are flocking back to Macy’s reopened stores
- Watch out, Tesla. Nikola is the hot new electric truck stock
- Used car seller Vroom is the latest IPO to boom and zoom
- Airline stocks soar as Americans get ready to travel again
- Nintendo said a total of 300,000 accounts have been hacked
- Airbnb is making a huge comeback
- Budget beer and spiked seltzer dominated during the pandemic
- I wrote this law to protect free speech. Now Trump wants to revoke it
- College life will never be the same. This media company is documenting the change
- A view outside Nasdaq in Times Square during the coronavirus pandemic on May 13, 2020 in New York City. COVID-19 has spread to most countries around the world, claiming over 298,000 lives with over 4.4 million infections reported.
- Nasdaq tops 10,000 for the first time ever
- IBM is canceling its facial recognition programs
- Here’s what you should be doing with your 401(k)
- GOING TO THE SUPERMARKET
- SAN RAFAEL, CA – NOVEMBER 21: Cans of Campbell’s soup are displayed on a shelf at Marinwood Market on November 21, 2017 in San Rafael, California. Campbell Soup reported disappointing first quarter earnings with revenue of $2.16 billion cmpared to $2.2 billion one year ago.
- The pandemic is saving soup sales
- Frozen food is flying off shelves
- Grocery prices are soaring
- The most dangerous place in the grocery store
- NEWSROOMS IN REVOLT
- A protestor holds up their fists during a “Black Lives Matter” protest in front of Borough Hall on June 8, in New York City.
- Black Lives Matter movement is reshaping the media landscape
- New York Times opinion editor after op-ed backlash
- Bon Appétit editor in chief resigns over bias claims
- Journalists of color are fed up and speaking out
- What role should journalists should be playing?
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Americans should expect another stimulus package: White House advisor
- The president has instructed his team to watch the numbers carefully to create a “menu of options” that are conditional on how the economy is performing.
- Why African American unemployment ticked higher in May
- Nasdaq hits new record, crosses 10,000 briefly for first time
- Fed economist calls for unprecedented move to boost America’s economy
- Mayor’s meltdown heard on tape; says ‘Herculean effort’ needed to restore biz
- ‘We might as well light ourselves on fire’: Chicago cancels Lollapalooza amid crisis
- Manufacturing firm, dozens of jobs, leaving Minneapolis after decades due to violence
- Bernie Sanders makes his position on abolishing police departments clear
- PC Matic CEO: How I built a work from home multi-million dollar company
- Neiman Marcus reportedly selling store in ultra luxe new NYC hot spot
- DARK CLOUDS AHEAD
- Cruises are coming back, but the industry faces heavy seas
- JUST PEACHY?
- This state reopened first to great controversy. Here’s how it’s doing now.
- THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- Infamous house full of young TikTokers rattling wealthy neighborhood
- BURGER FLIP
- FOOD & DRINKS
- Wendy’s makes big announcement after beef supply chain breakdown
- VICTORY LAP
- NASCAR fans to return with salute to service members at next race
- GREEN BERET PUSHES BACK
- Pair arrested in ex-Nissan exec Ghosn’s escape fight extradition
- MONEY ON THE TABLE
- IRS lapse likely leaves taxpayers unaware of free filing options
- RED HANDED
- FCC offers massive fine for insurance telemarketers over robocalls: Report
- MARKET’S BEST FRIEND
- Chewy’s earnings report reveals coronavirus impact on pet biz
- THAT 70S HOME
- REAL ESTATE
- Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis list $14M Beverly Hills home for sale: Report
- IT JUST KEEPS COMING
- How much money the ‘Friends’ cast has made
- BENEFIT BOOST
- 3 great reasons why you should take Social Security at 62
- STREAM PLAYERS
- Workout startup featuring celebrity cameos raises $5M
- ‘KIND OF IRONIC’
- City official pushing to defund police caught enjoying private security detail
- KICKING INTO ACTION
- Adidas to boost diversity, invest $20 million to support black community
- France’s Monet gardens reopen with coronavirus social distancing rules
- CFTC whistleblower awarded payout of more than $6M
- People of this age group saw the largest plunge in retirement savings from COVID-19
- Coronavirus shutdown to drop US power consumption to record low
- Coronavirus made 40% of major retailers skip May rent payments
- Coronavirus safety measures at Great Wolf Lodge when it reopens
- Despite coronavirus-led video game sales spike, GameStop decrease expected
- WHO expert tries to clarify remarks on asymptomatic coronavirus spread
- BUSINESS LEADERS
- Jeff Bezos would have surpassed $200B in wealth if not for divorce
- How you can stand out in this tough job market
- US frackers to zero in on these areas after virus fuels historic oil crash
- Microsoft workers push CEO to cancel police contracts, support defunding Seattle PD
- Texas restaurants see mixed post-coronavirus results since partially reopening dining rooms
- Recession odds ‘pretty high’ if Congress doesn’t do this: Moody’s top economist
- Waiting for your stimulus check and didn’t file a tax return? IRS sets deadline to sign up for money
- European cafes, parks, beaches reopen
- NBA players will likely face whole new routine when games pick up again
- WATCH: NYPD eyes coronavirus drones to monitor temperature, crowd control
- This state sees first cases of rare coronavirus-linked inflammatory syndrome in kids
- Trump administration permits use of weed killer blocked by court
9 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
The following is from Webalizer on the date and time shown.
Usage Statistics for manufacturedhomelivingnews.com
Summary Period: June 2020
Generated 09-Jun-2020 08:06 EDT.
Webalizer has provided MHProNews with over a dozen site metric resources, one for each cPanel. The data below is from only 1 cPanel, but is by far the largest. So, as a rule, when MHProNews provides data it is only a slice of website data, and it routinely comes from this cPanel.
When you have over 2,398,601 visitors in a year – ‘over’ because that’s just the data from one cPanel, with over 10 others – and each visitor has an average of 4.80893362423 page views per visit, per that cPanel, to have over 1,000 hits from government officials may not seem like much.
|1092||US Government (gov)|
But that1,092 hit-count from feds may be more than some of our would-be rivals might get on their blog or publication in a week or even a month.
What are they reading? Candidly, we don’t know. Our site doesn’t require a login. Visitors can come and go invisibly in terms of their identity. Webalizer just provides general data, like how many hits on certain reports.
For instance, by far the top-read report on MHProNews this month is the one below.
Rank Hits Web address or URL.
It should be noted that the report above shot up after our Monday eblast, otherwise known as our emailed headline news update. Keep in mind that there are some 75,000 full time employees in manufactured housing, at least pre-pandemic, per the Manufactured Housing Institute and Cavco Industries. So, having 126,985 hits on a single report in less than a week is equal to having a like number of every MH professional reading that article, plus 50,000 more.
Clearly, not every manufactured housing professional reads any article. So, that means that those beyond our industry are reading that report. That’s a good clue that an article like that is attracting federal attention.
Note that MailChimp also reported another surge in readers from Washington, D.C.
Speaking of Cavco Industries (CVCO), in order of the hits, the next highest total is on revelations from Cavco Industries, in our report and analysis below.
MHProNews has an engaged audience. Some come after they get their emailed headline news update. Others drop in one or more times a week. Some come daily. A few dedicated MH Professionals have told us that they keep a tab open on their computer to MHProNews ‘all the time.’
MHProNews is planning an update on our emailed news format. The current format works fine, but the update will hopefully add a new element that we think will dramatically increase readership.
Hits web address or URL.
It is well down our list of articles/pages being accessed, but so far this month, that same cPanel has recorded 784 hits on our subscribe page.
For whatever reason, perhaps because someone doesn’t under HOW to sign up, not every visitor on that page signs up. That said, the screen capture below shows what that page looks like. Put the email address you want included in, and push enter. Simple.
Hopefully before the end of the month we’ll have a new email format. But the current format has served well, and will be doing the job until the new system is installed.
Our thanks to sponsors, clients, and thousands of daily readers like yourself for making this professional service possible. The working plan, barring the unforeseen, is to hit a fascinating new wrinkle on a hot topic tomorrow morning. Watch for it.
Related and Recent Reports:
FHFA “Director [Mark] Calabria Must Initiate An Internal Investigation” – Danny Ghorbani Rips & Reveals Duty to Serve Problems, Solutions
Independent Journalist Sharyl Attkisson’s “Deep State” “Call it Treason” Interview, COVID19 & President Donald J. Trump
Manufactured Housing Industry Production Drops During COVID19 Closures
Shortchanging Homeowners, Small Businesses, Unsuspecting Investors, Association Members-plus Sunday Manufactured Home Headlines Review 2.9 to 2.16.2020
Managers Arrested, Multi-Million Suit in Tornado Related Case; State AG Engaged, Citing Lease-To-Own Violating Federal Law, Other “Abuses”
ABC News Exposé, Black Lives Matter, U.S. & MHVille Impact; & Sunday Headlines Review 5.31 to 6.7.2020
“Mobile Home Mecca” County Sheriff Grady Judd Urges Armed Citizens Use Second Amendment Rights vs Break-Ins – Currents Behind Violence, Unrest Scenes
Cavco Industries (CVCO) Surprising Closure, New & Ongoing Legal Investigations, Additional Inside Revelations
“Trailer Sales” Surge, Per Mainstream Media – Takeaways for Manufactured Home Independents?
Charlie Munger & Duke Univ. Professor of Psychology Dan Ariely on Financial, Investing Decisions – plus, Manufactured Home Investing, Stock Updates
Manufactured Housing Institute Insider’s Keith Ellison Revelation, “Anti-Consumer” Bias, Other Leaks
Pandemic Becomes Billionaires’ Bonanza! Bezos, Buffett, Gates, Zuckerberg, Ellison Wealth Surges $100s of Billions in 2 months, says Institute of Policy Studies & Forbes – Report
Warren Buffett Buddy Bill Gates Says, ‘I Made a Mistake’ Meeting Convicted Sex Criminal Jeffrey Epstein, plus Manufactured Home Investing Stock, Updates
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
· LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP each are suppliers to the manufactured housing industry, among others.
· AMG, CG, and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses. For insights from third-parties and clients about our publisher, click here.
Enjoy these ‘blast from the past’ comments.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
2019 Year-End Totals Reveals Decline in New HUD Code Manufactured Home Production, Shipments vs. 2018
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.
http://latonykovach.com Connect on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/latonykovach
AEI Flash Housing Market Indicator