Project Veritas has struck again, this time with a ‘hot mic’ moment video from ABC News’ video shows Amy Robach talking about the network’s efforts to squash her Jeffrey Epstein coverage. Robach claimed on camera that she had the story ‘for three years.’ A number of high profile people were apparently involved, said Robach, including former President Bill Clinton and one of the British royal family members. The controversy reignited interest in the contacts between Bill Gates and Epstein that CNBC spotlighted today. BilL Gates – through the Gates Foundation, Warren Buffett being on their foundation’s board, and billions in Berkshire Hathaway stocks – has several notable ties with personalities involved in manufactured housing. On a quiet mixed day on the markets that is waiting for the latest word from China and the U.S., that will be our focus report this evening.
Regular readers please note there are a few tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- IRS releases updated income tax brackets for 2020
- A look at the new rates that will affect returns taxpayers typically file beginning in 2021.
- IRS hikes 401(k) contribution limit for 2020
- Saudi Arabia recruited two Twitter workers to spy on popular journalists
- US and China make final preparations for a trade deal signing in the heartland
- Stocks slip back from record highs
- Fights erupting at Popeyes restaurants across US after death over sandwich
- How Nancy Pelosi is hurting America’s economy
- The 2020 election will drop billions into this one industry
- Jeffrey Epstein had ‘unexplained’ injuries, brother reveals
- Controversial singer holds surprise high-end yard of personal items
- Girls soccer head injury risk nearly matches boys football: Study
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company makes groundbreaking news in Las Vegas
- The Jamie Dimon-Elizabeth Warren feud is getting nasty
- Fox announces $2 billion stock buyback plan
- SEE PICS: Elon Musk rolls out Tesla’s ‘Cybertruck’
- Top 10 states where flu virus is hitting hardest
- How clothing buttons became PopSockets
- McKinsey employees flushing Buttigieg’s campaign with cash
- These rejuvenated crossover SUV models helped BMW increase profits
- EXCLUSIVE: Gatorade signs NHL star Jack Hughes to endorsement deal
- Toilet-maker offers gift to sports radio legend after smelly on-air mishap
- WATCH: Senator calls Schumer’s car swap plan ‘Cash for Clunkers’ on steroids
- Keystone line to remain shut down while officials probe oil leak
- How the wild 2020 election is already impacting businesses
- Pringles may ruffle some feathers with this festive flavor
- Why this Alaska university is letting students pay parking tickets in PB&J
- China resumes Canadian pork purchases after swine fever outbreak ravages meat supply
- NHL star in hot water over Vegas bill
- TD Ameritrade founder started business on pennies while cleaning bathrooms
- Airbnb loses crucial Jersey City vote, as allegations fly in intense legal battle
- Stocks slide as markets look to extend record run
- Locked and loaded: These US states sell the most guns
- Barbie-maker Mattel reportedly took a drastic step to avoid the ‘kiss of death’
- Sandra Bullock, Ellen DeGeneres sue over fake celebrity endorsement ads
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- Why Apple and other blue-chip companies are starting to use their cash
- Billionaires are bashing Elizabeth Warren’s plan to fix America’s inequality problem
- Bill Gates: The problem with political ads is targeting, not fact-checking
- Oil prices slammed by inventory and OPEC headlines
- Airbnb CEO says all listings and hosts will be verified by December 2020
- Bud Light is coming out with hard seltzer
- Fox News brass to network hosts and personalities: Do not identify the whistleblower
- Facebook is being investigated by California for privacy violations
- Researchers say Facebook is a hotbed of impeachment disinformation
- Alaska Airlines will give you priority boarding if you’re holding a Starbucks holiday cup
- India’s 25-year-old hotel billionaire eyes a US expansion
- Midland, Texas: America’s ultimate boomtown
- Ford reveals electric Mustang with ‘stunning’ acceleration
- Ryanair is the latest airline to find cracks in Boeing 737s
- Boeing CEO won’t get most of his 2019 pay
- Southwest may end its all-Boeing policy
- Boeing promises to change 737 Max software
- Australian union says Qantas should ground 737 fleet over cracking issue
- Kroger rolls out new logo in a major effort to modernize
- Facebook unveils a colorful new logo
- AmEx just changed its most iconic card
- UPS uniforms are getting a redesign
- Lay’s has a new potato chip bag
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business Politics and Investing Meet
The Verge noted on Oct 12, 2019 regarding the tragic irony of Bill Gates, whose “foundation has often touted its commitments to women and girls,” while he courted convicted child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, supposedly for donations.
Tonight we bring two different videos. One is from left-of-center CNBC, the other is from right-of-center Fox News. The Fox video tees up the issue that CNBC then sheds light on in the context of Warren Buffett associate, Gates.
CNBC said that Microsoft founder and multibillionaire Bill Gates said Wednesday that he “made a mistake” meeting with accused child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein.
CNBC strains to point out that not only former Bill Clinton, but then private citizen Donald J. Trump met with Epstein years ago, but that appears to have been before his sex trafficking conviction. By contrast, former President Clinton, and Bill Gates met with Epstein after that date and the concerns about him became know.
As CNBC reported, “Gates met with Epstein multiple times – including in 2013 while he was the chairman of Microsoft – years after the disgraced financier had struck a plea deal on prostitution-related charges filed by Florida prosecutors in 2008.”
Gates said Wednesday that he takes precautions about the sources of money flowing into his philanthropic efforts, such as the Giving Pledge.
“There’s some countries that we just haven’t done any recruiting in at all because we’re not in a position to really make those judgments,” he said. But if that is so, then why did Gates meet with Epstein?
“I feel bad. We probably will at some point accept someone into the Giving Pledge and it will turn out that their fortune is a disreputable fortune,” Gates added. “When you’re engaging in this, if you really want to get out there and get more people drawn into philanthropy, there is a risk that you’ll make a mistake.”
There may well be a deeper story here, as sources like the Medium have said that “…Warren Buffett is a Brilliant Investor but also a Hypocrite…” Buffett too claims to do things to advocate for young women.
In that context, it is well to recall the prior report about how an HBO documentary dressed up Buffett’s charities, which MHProNews readers know are used for advocacy and business in arguably troubling way, sometimes through dark money channels.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)