truth is the first casualty.”
“Speaking the truth in times of universal
deceit is a revolutionary act.”
– George Orwell
“The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19.” Americans abroad are being advised to return pronto. “U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.” It is seen as a potential telltale sign that a national lockdown is imminent.
Dozens of states have closed schools. California, New York, and Pennsylvania are among those taking severe steps to close non-life sustaining businesses and to keep people at home, save for essential travel for health, medical or food and hydration needs.
There are reports emerging about several members of Congress from both major parties who purportedly dumped stocks when briefed on the emerging Coronavirus pandemic. While there are calls for accountability and resignation(s) now, given that the Congress is preparing a federal legislative response to COVID19, perhaps the best time to investigate them and likely others will come once, God willing, this crisis is over. Because the odds are, if a few in D.C. have done that, others have too.
The questions should also move to what state and local officials have done along the same lines. The dung that has piled up for years is about the hit the fan in a perhaps unprecedented fashion. Those thoughts noted, hold those points to ponder for later.
China claims that new cases of the Wuhan originated virus have dropped to at or near zero. Time will tell how accurate that assertion might be. The record reflects their communist central government was slow to react initially. But once their regime did, they shut Wuhan city and much of that province down.
The right-of-center Epoch Times wants their readers to call this outbreak the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) virus. President Donald Trump and others want to call it the Chinese virus, others the Wuhan virus, and so on. There are those who refer to it using the term that the Chinese prefer, which is the novel coronavirus.
Imagine someone getting mugged. That mugged person fights back. After successfully beating back their assailant, the would-be victim is then later accused of not doing some other duty during the assault. That sounds outrageous, right?
The detractors of President Trump’s response to the virus seem to behave as if the contagion occurred in a vacuum. While China was denying and covering up the outbreak of what is now a pandemic, in fairness to the 45th president, his opponents were busy trying to impeach him. Further below is a timeline, for those who care about facts. The point is that facts matter and carefully cherry-picking facts for the purpose of smearing another ought to be frowned upon. Those who have made those statements should be held with skepticism when future like allegations are made.
Before we look at that timeline, there are other points to ponder.
What was Bill Gates – well connected with the WHO – the World Health Organization – and Warren Buffett doing in the early days of the outbreak in China? When did Gates learn and tell his fellow uber-billionaire? While Gates has since resigned from Buffett led Berkshire Hathaway’s board, he was on it at the time of the first reports of COVID19.
Keep in mind too that Berkshire is sitting on a cash and liquid asset hoard that around that time was pegged at some $128 billion dollars. That money might go a long way at buying stocks or other assets in the wake of the current meltdown.
Worth exploring is a 2009 meeting reported by ABC News and others that included Gates, Buffett and a small group of uber-rich and influential Americans where population control was among the topics. The meeting was originally a secret, until the Irish Times broke that story.
If even whispering such notions seems blasphemous to lovers of Buffett, Gates and their buddies, let’s keep in mind they are mere mortals, not divine. Money and power corrupt, so goes a proverbial bit of wisdom.
Rephrased, did billionaire insiders and their allies such as Gates and Buffett know what was developing in China, and sit on that knowledge? Did they sit on insider info so that they and a few others could profit from what we are now witnessing with the pandemic sparked market crash and economic tumble?
As a quick aside, what about this price war in oil between Saudi Arabia and Russia? Have those who have been getting the short-end of growing “America First” thinking decided to strike a blow at a vulnerable time? Do they hope to drive numbers of independent American frackers out of business, and thus weaken that leg of the U.S. economy?
The Party is Over
In our own part of the affordable housing profession, there are thousands who at some level knew what was going on with Berkshire Hathaway and their allies who have arguably dominated the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) for years. Out of fear, going along hoping to get along, habit, or whatever other motivation – independents are about to reap the consequences of what the big wig insiders have sown.
Are we to believe that Gates knew nothing? That what he learned didn’t tip him off to what was coming? My God, the New York Times reported that the Fed’s had a simulation of the “Crimson Contagion” last year! Netflix did a streaming video series produced in 2019 with the title Pandemic that featured Bill Gates! Are these coincidences? Is the sky still blue during the day?
The federal Crimson Contagion exercise, says the NY Times, included 12 states including New York and Illinois.
The late President Ronald Reagan once famously said, “Trust but verify” about the Soviets in nuclear talks. With the Gates-Buffett-Bloomberg-Soros and their allies, think verify everything before you trust them. Gates’ led Microsoft, you will recall, was hit by antitrust action years ago. He may well understand Moats as well as Buffett does.
With that backdrop, here is the timeline promised above.
Timeline of Wuhan virus and Trump impeachment, which was originally organized by Axios, which in turn thoughtfully linked the original sources they cited. MHProNews edits to this expaneded time-line are as those items shown where the name of the month is completely spelled out.
Timeline: The early days of China’s coronavirus outbreak and cover-up
October 31: the House of Representatives voted 232–196 to establish procedures for public hearings [on President Trump’s impeachment], which started on November 13, per Wikipedia.
Dec. 10: Wei Guixian, one of the earliest known coronavirus patients, starts feeling ill.
December 10: the House Judiciary Committee unveiled their articles of impeachment: one for abuse of power and one for obstruction of Congress. Three days later, the Judiciary Committee voted along party lines (23–17) to approve both articles. – Wikipedia.
Dec. 16: Patient admitted to Wuhan Central Hospital with infection in both lungs but resistant to anti-flu drugs. Staff later learned he worked at a wildlife market connected to the outbreak.
December 18: the House voted mostly along party lines to impeach the president on both charges. The vote on Article One, abuse of power, was 230–197, with one vote of present. All Republicans voted against the article, joined by two Democrats. – Wikipedia.
Dec. 27: Wuhan health officials are told that a new coronavirus is causing the illness.
- Ai Fen, a top director at Wuhan Central Hospital, posts information on WeChat about the new virus. She was reprimanded for doing so and told not to spread information about it.
- Wuhan doctor Li Wenliang also shares information on WeChat about the new SARS-like virus. He is called in for questioning shortly afterward.
- Wuhan health commission notifies hospitals of a “pneumonia of unclear cause” and orders them to report any related information.
- Wuhan health officials confirm 27 cases of illness and close a market they think is related to the virus’ spread.
- China tells the World Health Organization’s China office about the cases of an unknown illness.
Jan. 1, 2020: Wuhan Public Security Bureau brings in for questioning eight doctors who had posted information about the illness on WeChat.
- An official at the Hubei Provincial Health Commission orders labs, which had already determined that the novel virus was similar to SARS, to stop testing samples and to destroy existing samples.
Jan. 2: Chinese researchers map the new coronavirus’ complete genetic information. This information is not made public until Jan. 9.
Jan. 7: Xi Jinping becomes involved in the response.
Jan. 9: China announces it has mapped the coronavirus genome.
Jan. 11–17: Important prescheduled CCP meeting held in Wuhan. During that time, the Wuhan Health Commission insists there are no new cases.
Jan. 13: First coronavirus case reported in Thailand, the first known case outside China.
Jan. 14: WHO announces Chinese authorities have seen “no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus.”
Jan. 15: The patient who becomes the first confirmed U.S. case leaves Wuhan and arrives in the U.S., carrying the coronavirus.
January 16, 2020: The impeachment trial of Donald Trump began in the U.S. Senate on and concluded with his acquittal on February 5. Source – Wikipedia.
- The Wuhan Health Commission announces four new cases.
- Annual Wuhan Lunar New Year banquet. Tens of thousands of people gathered for a potluck.
Jan. 19: Beijing sends epidemiologists to Wuhan.
- The first case announced in South Korea.
- Zhong Nanshan, a top Chinese doctor who is helping to coordinate the coronavirus response, announces the virus can be passed between people.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms the first coronavirus case in the United States.
- CCP flagship newspaper People’s Daily mentions the coronavirus epidemic and Xi’s actions to fight it for the first time.
- China’s top political commission in charge of law and order warns that “anyone who deliberately delays and hides the reporting of [virus] cases out of his or her own self-interest will be nailed on the pillar of shame for eternity.”
Jan. 23: Wuhan and three other cities are put on lockdown. Right around this time, approximately 5 million people leave the city without being screened for the illness.
Jan. 24–30: China celebrates the Lunar New Year holiday. Hundreds of millions of people are in transit around the country as they visit relatives.
Jan. 24: China extends the lockdown to cover 36 million people and starts to rapidly build a new hospital in Wuhan. From this point, very strict measures continue to be implemented around the country for the rest of the epidemic.
January 31: Trump Administration restricts travel from China. (This edit and the next one was added by MHProNews).
February 7: Op-ed by Senators Lamar Alexander and Sen. Richard Burr.
The last bullet is meant to tee up another item that bears scrutiny. The U.S. intelligence community, what were they doing in China during the early days of the Wuhan virus outbreak? What did they learn and when? Who was that reported to, and what was done with that information?
With those questions in mind, the following pull quotes from an op-ed published on Fox News doesn’t answer those questions, but might shed some light.
“In 2004, President George W. Bush signed a law creating Project BioShield, which has been successful in acquiring medicines and vaccines and stockpiling these countermeasures to better protect Americans,” wrote co-authors Senators Lamar Alexander (TN-R) and Richard Burr.
Burr (NC-R) was listed by Fox as “Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee and the author of the Pandemic All-Hazards Preparedness Act.” Alexander sits on a health committee, per his Senate webpage.
The bullets that follow are all pull quotes, but are not necessarily in order of importance or in the sequence in the original op-ed, which is linked here. The date of their op-ed is February 7, 2020.
- In 2006, Congress went further by passing the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act (PAHPA).
- In an attempt to stop the spread of the virus, China has locked down 16 cities where an estimated 45 million people live. Last week, the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus outbreak a global health emergency.
- The work of Congress and the administration has allowed U.S. public health officials to move swiftly and decisively in the last few weeks.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), along with airport security and Customs and Border Protection officials, are screening incoming passengers at airports as they arrive in the United States from China. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is training state and local health departments on the symptoms of the coronavirus. The CDC has developed a diagnostic test that detects coronavirus infections and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is prepared to expedite its review. The White House has convened a Coronavirus Task Force, HHS has declared a public health emergency for the U.S. to help state and locals with the response efforts, and the National Institutes of Health, along with drug manufacturers, are expediting the development of a vaccine.
The above begs many questions. Did these senators try to thread a needle of both sharing calm and warnings? Senator Burr is one of those who has allegedly dumped stocks based on insider knowledge, per NPR, a charge which Burr has denied.
On 3.19.2020 Business Insider said that Bill Gates claims that countries and impacted businesses will be able to reopen 6 to 10 weeks after coronavirus shutdowns.
But it was 2.28.2020 that Gates, per CNBC, said that COVID19 could be a “once-in-a-century pathogen we’ve been worried about.”
On February 28, on Gates on his blog said: “The good news is that national, state, and local governments and public health agencies can take steps over the next few weeks to slow the spread of COVID-19.” But he ends by saying, “There is no time to waste.” Rephrased, he is in some sense on both sides of the fence in the same post – weeks vs. no time to waste alarms – not unlike Senators Burr and Alexander.
There is clear evidence that Gates new things weeks before in the press release below. Quoting:
- SEATTLE, February 5, 2020 – The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation today announced that it will immediately commit up to $100 million for the global response to the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). The funding will help strengthen detection, isolation and treatment efforts; protect at-risk populations; and develop vaccines, treatments and diagnostics. The new funding is inclusive of $10 million the foundation committed to the outbreak in late January.
That same press release also has the following.
- This funding will be directed to multilateral organizations such as WHO and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Support will also be directed to national public health authorities in China and other countries that have reported confirmed cases. Current national-level partners include the National Health Commission of China and the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
The Chinese are the Gates’ foundation are “national-level partners” with China, has clear as a big donor to the World Health Organization (WHO). When you give money to an organization, such as the CDC, you expect reports back in return.
At the end of the Gates press release above is this: “Based in Seattle, Washington, the foundation is led by CEO Mark Suzman and Co-chair William H. Gates Sr., under the direction of Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett.”
“Invited by the world’s two richest men Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, along with David Rockefeller, a Who’s Who of American wealth and influence gathered around a long table in a window-lined private room overlooking the East River on May 5,” 2009, per ABC News.
“The overwhelming reason for the meeting was need — that was the issue that galvanized everyone to participate,” Patricia Stonesifer, senior advisor to the Gates foundation’s trustees, Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett, told ABCNews.com. “This was a group very committed to philanthropy coming together to see how they can join together to do more.”
The discussion was “100 percent about philanthropy” and it was not meant to be a secret.
“It was meant to be a private exchange but it wasn’t a secret really, just a private meeting,” Stonesifer said. The ABC News report, linked here, took pains to note that this was not to be seen as fodder for “conspiracy theories,” noting Gates “has dedicated his foundation to eradicating infectious disease worldwide.” Their involvement in this field dates well over a decade before the Wuhan virus.
As ABC News noted, it was Irish Central that broke the news on May 18, 2009 regarding what they called “a secret meeting” of “the world’s richest people” that they learned about as a result of a tip. Per that source, the attendees included the following.
- Bill Gates
- Warren Buffett
- then New York City Mayor and billionaire Michael Bloomberg
- Oprah Winfrey – American media executive, actress, talk show host, television producer, and philanthropist
- Ted Tunner – think CNN, Turner Broadcasting System (TBS), and other firms
- George Soros – famous investor and trader who ‘broke’ the Bank of England, major donor and founder of various progressive causes and foundations
- Eli and Edythe Broad – The Broad Foundations
- John Morgridge – former CEO of Cisco
- Peter Peterson, senior chairman of the Blackstone Group
- Julian Robertson, founder of Tiger Management Corp
- Patty Stonesifer, former CEO of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Charles Feeney – billionaire founder of Atlantic Philanthropies
The reports said that each spoke for 15 minutes about their areas of interest, adding that they were meeting in the wake of the global financial crisis. Beyond business and investing, health, education, and population control are among the interests. For instance, as Physicians for Life reported, Ted Turner’s “philanthropy” to the UN Foundation was to support their “Major focus of foundation is population control, condoms, abortion.” Buffett has supported similar causes. Gates has too.
The Sunday Times referred to that same meeting in these terms, “Billionaire club in bid to curb overpopulation” on May 24, 2009 with the subtitle, “America’s richest people meet to discuss ways of tackling a ‘disastrous’ environmental, social and industrial threat.”
What some on the right call the “masters of the universe” is what Mary Meehan called the “Billionaires Brigade,” when she cited several of those same billionaires in a report in 1999 the following.
“Max Schulz of the Competitive Enterprise Institute criticized Buffett and other members of what he called the “Billionaire Brigade” for buying into “the phony crisis of overpopulation.” Schulz contended that problems in high-density population areas “stem from failed socialist policies, not from too many people.”(8)
Rephrased, numbers of these billionaires have been pressing a familiar progressive agenda. Oddly, they often have in investments in China, where environmental and human rights standards are low, and a one child policy that includes forced abortions has been mandated in that communist country for years.
Dr Shengjie Lai, of the University of Southampton said: “Our study demonstrates how important it is for countries which are facing an imminent outbreak to proactively plan a coordinated response which swiftly tackles the spread of the disease on a number of fronts… If [non-pharmaceutical interventions] NPIs could have been conducted one week, two weeks, or three weeks earlier in China, cases could have been reduced by 66%, 86%, and 95%, respectively, together with significantly reducing the number of affected areas.”
Hold those thoughts along with what preceded it, which came from our featured focus segment of the evening market report linked below.
On 3.20.2020 Per CNBC:
- Goldman Sachs economists forecast a historically sharp and swift recession, with second-quarter GDP sinking a stunning 24% after a 6% decline in the first quarter.
- The economists had expected a decline of 5% in the second quarter, after a flat first quarter but they said social distancing measures have affected many sectors of the economy and will hit the first and second quarter hard.
- The economists still expect a spring back in the third quarter, of 12%, but they see unemployment peaking at 9%.
Goldman Sachs has as a serious stakeholder in Buffett-led Berkshire Hathaway.
Netflix featured Bill Gates in their recent video series Pandemic, which provided this teaser below.
Let’s sum up to this point.
- There is an argument that the Trump Administration was slow to respond, but it also ignores what was occurring during that same timeframe in terms of a clearly partisan impeachment.
- That’s not to say that the Democratic leadership knew what was going on during that time period in China and impeached President Trump anyway, but it is to say that there are consequences to purely partisan behavior.
- Next, there are clear links that stretch for years between Gates, his foundation, the World Health Organization (WHO), and that BL4 level lab in Wuhan, China where some say this virus may have escaped. There are numerous ties between Gates, Buffett and some other uber-billionaires. If their money is earned honestly, fine, but to what degree has it been earned by playing the system in the run up and fall-out of panics like the one we are now into?
Just two of the pull quotes from the report above are these sober thoughts, keeping in mind there is much more found in that same linked narrative.
- Geopolitics and Empire asked Dr. Francis Boyle the following. “I read somewhere that the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation maybe funds or has some connection to that [Wuhan] Institute [of Virology] that has the patent.”
- Boyle replied, “The Bill & Melinda Gates information, they fund this type of DNA genetically engineered biological warfare work. That’s correct. So you can’t trust anything they’re telling you that somehow they’re out there trying to make the world a better place. I mean, we have Bill Gates publicly admitting that the world be a better place if there were a lot less people. So the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, they are wolves in sheep’s clothing and they are funding this type of stuff. Sure.”
We noted at the time that there are those that say that these are ‘conspiracy theories’ about this being a bioweapon, and those sources were cited for balance. But the Wuhan or CCP virus doesn’t have to be a biologically engineered weaponized virus for the following case to be made. The virus was allowed to spread for weeks, possibly out of some combination of ineptitude or design. During that time, did Gates and others loudly warn American and other global political leaders? Or did they allow this virus to spread, speaking up only later in a manner that could have benefited some financially while millions of others were being financially harmed, and while others grow ill or even die?
Once Congress finishes their work on various relief packages, there should be plenty of time to see who knew what and when about this pandemic. Unlike the post-2008 housing/financial crisis, there needs to be far more serious inquiries where those who knew something but failed to take proper steps are held to account.
Delusions and Hypocrisy Exposed, the Party is Over…
The national and industry party of illusions is on some level over. Oh, there will no doubt be plenty of spin to cover this up. That’s already visibly underway. There will also be those who will live on in denial of common sense and evidence.
There are any number of companies that moved their production businesses offshore for these reasons.
- Lower pay to workers.
- Lower environmental standards to meet.
- Fewer regulations, in an economic sense (what could be termed political graft is another topic).
While posturing “green” or “progressive” platitudes here in America, several jetted around with huge carbon footprints and used overseas operations to undermine American jobs, businesses, investors while bypassing taxes and accountability. MHProNews has made the case for years that it is illogical to be supporting China with our purchases and investments, while America pays hundreds of billions a year to defend against a communist nation that has a huge army and nuclear weapons.
Tom Steyer is just one fellow that spent hundreds of millions trying to convince Democrats that he was their guy, but he made much of his money in ‘dirty energy,’ using ‘green’ lingo. Buffett led Berkshire has holdings in energy that isn’t considered ‘green’ enough by the Sierra Club that Buffett and Mike Bloomberg both support. Hypocrisy and delusions, anyone? Isn’t it just a part of the weaponized use of nonprofits that Influence Watch or Capital Advisors, among others, have monitored and reported on for years?
There is plenty of problematic news, but there could be in the midst of this rolling tragedy be some silver linings. Among them?
- The names of those uber-billionaires who seemingly have been part of this “rigged system” could come into greater focus.
- The apparent nexus of public officials, NGOs and billionaires could also be increasingly clear.
- The motivations behind the hidden agendas could be coming into focus, which seems to include population control and using panics to grab assets and stocks at reduced prices.
- Rephrased, these panics could be part of massive transfers of wealth from hundreds of millions of Americans into the hands of a few conglomerates and billionaires.
- The use of nonprofits to carry out corporate and political agendas is also coming into greater focus.
Many of these are items we’ve covered in MHProNews and MHLivingNews various detail for several years as it relates to manufactured housing. But that is not to say that we anticipated this specific occurrence.
It could all be coincidental, or it could be that these billionaires are rigging the system in a fashion that few imagined. One way to learn more is to see who bought and sold what, when and how, and compare it to that timeline and linked reports above.
What the emerging facts seem to be illustrating is that Gates – and thus arguably Buffett and others – had inside information weeks before the public at large did and while there was posturing of help, that might in fact be mere window dressing for a massive transfer of wealth scheme.
For those who think that is not possible, that those billionaires are above reproach, just keep in mind the 21st century examples of billionaires and their rigged system schemes that bilked hundreds of thousands out of tens of billions of dollars.
“Be greedy when others are fearful,
be fearful when others are greedy.”
– Warren Buffett,
Chairman of the Berkshire Hathaway (BRK) conglomerate.
“Never let a serious crisis go to waste.”
– Rahm Emanuel, former
Mayor Chicago and former chief of staff to President Barack Obama.
“We study history in order to understand the
present and to prepare for the future.
Because anything that’s
happened before can happen again.”
House Majority Whip (SC-D) on 2.29.2020.
For those into affordable housing and manufactured homes, learn more about how the ‘rigged system’ and their strategic ‘moat’ has purportedly been playing out in our industry for several years.
As this is being written, Governor Andrew Cuomo (NY-D) is telling Sean Hannity on the radio that the medical information seemed to be changing and evolving in recent weeks. Quite so. There is no doubt that what the public has heard has been shifting. Even the focused snapshot above makes that clear. But that begs the questions asked above. There are experts and informed parties who study pandemics or are deeply involved in them. Bill Gates is among them. He and Warren Buffett have been joined near the hip for years. There are serious questions to be asked and answered, and that should occur at the proper time using subpoena powers of states and/or federal officials.
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”146657″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
If the party of illusions and ‘razzle dazzle’ tactics indeed begins to come to an end, it will be because the wall of harsh reality has been hit. That featured image at the top is metaphorical.
In the midst of this crisis, there are possible silver linings, beyond exposing elements of what politicos from both major parties have called a rigged system.
We’ll plan a report on a topic that could take the term ‘drain the swamp’ to a whole new level. Watch for that in the days ahead. Our readers tell us that it is meaty reports like this one that makes and keeps us the runaway #1 trade media in our industry. Thanks to all who make that possible.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” © where – “We Provide, You Decide.” © ## See Related Reports, further below. Note that text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them. Any third-party images and content are provided under fair use guidelines.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and was recognized with the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he also studied business management with a perfect 4.0 and made the Dean’s List. Tony has earned multiple awards in manufactured housing and in history. He’s a managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com.
Office 863-213-4090 |Connect on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/latonykovach
Sign Up Today!
Click here to sign up in 5 seconds for the manufactured home industry’s leading – and still growing – emailed headline news updates.
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”139941″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
The text/image boxes below are linked to other reports, which can be accessed by clicking on them.