“Be greedy when others are fearful,
be fearful when others are greedy.”
– Warren Buffett,
Chairman of the Berkshire Hathaway (BRK) conglomerate.
“Never let a serious crisis go to waste.”
– Rahm Emanuel, former
Mayor Chicago and former chief of staff to President Barack Obama.
“We study history in order to understand the
present and to prepare for the future.
Because anything that’s
happened before can happen again.”
House Majority Whip (SC-D) on 2.29.2020.
When life in America as you knew it in this profession and all others just 2 to 3 weeks ago has abruptly been upended, it is time to ask questions and consider a range of viewpoints. This isn’t a time for political correctness. It is a time for prudential judgments based upon seemingly logical insights from often well-placed and intelligent sources.
Outlook reported that Indian “Parliament Manish Tewari on Friday claimed that coronavirus is a “bioweapon” either accidentally or deliberately released to create terror.”
Twari cited a report that mentioned Francis Anthony Boyle, an American human rights lawyer and professor of international law at the University of Illinois College of Law.
From an interview transcript linked here, Boyle said “But the bottom line is I drafted the US domestic implementing legislation for the Biological Weapons Convention that was approved unanimously by both Houses in the United States Congress signed into law by President Bush Sr. that it appears the coronavirus that we’re dealing with here is an offensive biological warfare weapon that leaped out of Wuhan BSL-4. I’m not saying it was done deliberately. But there had been previous reports of problems with that lab and things leaking out of it. I’m afraid that is what we are dealing with today.”
Let’s note that an array of media, such as BuzzFeed, PolitiFact and others have ‘debunked’ what they have called ‘conspiracy theories’ about the origins of the COVID19 coronavirus. That needs to be weighed in this discussion, along with the fact that Twitter pulled Zero Hedge for a time because they did a commentary on this issue.
That noted, on 3.12.2020 an MIT PhD in biological engineering – Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai – who is running for public office, said this via Twitter.
“As an MIT PhD in Biological Engineering who studies & does research nearly every day on the Immune System, the #coronavirus fear mongering by the Deep State will go down in history as one of the biggest fraud to manipulate economies, suppress dissent, & push MANDATED Medicine!”
Senator Tom Cotton (AR-R – @SenTomCotton) tweeted on Jan 30 that “China claimed—for almost two months—that coronavirus had originated in a Wuhan seafood market. That is not the case. @TheLancet published a study demonstrating that of the original 40 cases, 14 of them had no contact with the seafood market, including Patient Zero.”
The Wuhan Institute of Virology is a level-four biosafety laboratory (BSL-4) seven miles from the seafood market that has been tied to the outbreak of the virus that has contributed to the recent sharp drop of the U.S. stock markets.
“Coronavirus is a bioweapon that went rogue or was made to go rouge. It is an act of terror,” said India’s Tewari, an attorney in a tweet that demanded that an “international investigation be conducted either under the auspices of the International Court of Justice or International Criminal Court.”
However lethal COVID19 proves to be, there are any number of questions that need to be explored, based upon reporting anomalies. Those anomolies may be due to suppressed, twisted or inadequate information from the various governments and organizations involved.
- For instance, why is Russia and India reporting so few cases? They neighbor communist China.
- Why did China initially divert, deflect and downplay attention – pointing to this outbreak as being connected to that seafood market in Wuhan. But more recently, China and Iran are now claiming that this is a bioweapon that has American ties?
- The sources and their various motivations must be weighed, but so too is the notion that Americans noted herein have said similarly to those governments.
- Is a massive transfer of wealth underway, a money grab on several levels? Is it also an opportunity for some to upend the reelection chances for President Donald J. Trump, as Republican political strategist Ed Rollins – and chairman of a pro-Trump super PAC – has observed?
This report doesn’t purport to specifically answer those questions or many others. But this does intend to quote various sources that have raised several topics that merit consideration by professionals in our industry and all other professions too.
- for several days UMH Properties and others in our evening market report dropped sharply in the wake of the panic that various factors, including coronavirus, are said to have sparked.
- The Tunica Show has been cancelled on 3.13.2020 for the first time since it was started years ago.
- Warren Buffett cancelled his ‘Woodstock of Capitalism’ for Berkshire Hathaway – perhaps coincidentally – after MHProNews asked via Twitter key Berkshire Hathaway board members evidence-based questions.
There are also arguably more American impacts – which represent problems for some, but opportunities in disguise for others – that are looming ahead.
Among them is the fact that homeless camps could well prove to be a breeding ground for the rapid spread of COVID19. Failure by public officials to deal with the growing affordable housing crisis which contributes to that homelessness is in the mix that manufactured home professionals should not overlook. If it turns out that the homeless are more vulnerable to the coronavirus, as some medical experts suggest, then the failure to properly enforce the “enhanced preemption” clause of the Manufactured Housing Improvement Act (MHIA) of 2000, or the Duty to Serve (DTS) provisions of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act (HERA) of 2008 come into sharper focus.
Those responsible in and out of government should be held to account as warranted. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” should mean just what it says. Those points noted, let’s dive further into the details that are emerging from a range of sources.
The Gates Connections?
That noted, let’s segue back to allegations out of India and the U.S. as it relates to Bill Gates, the World Health Organization (WHO), the coronavirus and comments made by Gates, his billionaire associate Warren Buffett and others.
Geopolitics and Empire asked Dr. Francis Boyle the following. “I read somewhere that the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation maybe funds or has some connection to that [Wuhan] Institute [of Virology] that has the patent.”
Boyle replied, “The Bill & Melinda Gates information, they fund this type of DNA genetically engineered biological warfare work. That’s correct. So you can’t trust anything they’re telling you that somehow they’re out there trying to make the world a better place. I mean, we have Bill Gates publicly admitting that the world be a better place if there were a lot less people. So the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, they are wolves in sheep’s clothing and they are funding this type of stuff. Sure.”
Geopolitics and Empire followed up saying, “…there was also the report that I guess it was a consortium of companies which included the Gates foundation that back in just two or three months ago in October of 2019 they held a pandemic exercise simulating an outbreak.”
Boyle replied in part, “That’s correct. It raises that question, the origins of what happened here. But right now, I’m just looking at the evidence I have and applying Occam’s razor and we know that Wuhan BSL-4 was research developing, testing, SARS as a biological warfare agent.”
Boyle later adds, “Well, you just can’t believe anything the Chinese government, the WHO, the CDC are telling. They’re all lies because they know what’s going on here and so you’re going to have to figure it out as fast as you can.” Further, the professor said that “Those medical checks are worthless because this is just public relations by all the governments involved because there is a 14 day incubation period where people can still be infected. So someone could walk right through a medical inspection and passing a gate into your country and then they come down with the coronavirus. So that’s all public relations in my opinion by governments and they know it and they’re just sending people out there with temperatures and things like that. It’s not like SARS, this is more dangerous than SARS.”
It is worth noting that South Korea’s early efforts to detect the virus using drive-through screen sites should be considered in the wake of this crisis. While some of what Boyle says makes sense, there are nuances that bear follow up attention to see how accurate they turn out to be.
That noted, the bioweapons expert Boyle stated “Right now, if you look at the article at the Wall Street Journal, big pharma is trying to sell all sorts of – they’re taking all their drugs off the shelf and say well let’s see if it works.”
Boyle admits he has been “blackballed” by many in mainstream media and government due to concerns he raised post-9/11 about anthrax and other issues. While stressing that these are his current opinions that could change based on new information, Boyle explained how he was blackballed. “I was giving a lecture out at Harvard m[y] Alma Mater. I was running a panel on biological warfare for the council for responsible genetics and it was at Harvard Divinity School and as I was going in, there was a Fox camera crew there from Boston and I said it looks to me like this has come out of the US government lab. We know they do research and testing on anthrax. Then I said the same thing there at Harvard then I gave an interview to a radio station in Washington, DC then I gave an interview on that to the BBC. So the whole world saw it and at that point I was completely cut off and I’ve been cut off ever since.” Thoughtful readers should weigh that based upon the merits of other known or developing information.
MHProNews Analysis and Commentary
As MHProNews previously stated on 2.28.2020, Gates was fanning the flames of doubt and fear about what became a rout on the markets. Perhaps he was sincere. Or perhaps it is related to claims being discussed by those noted above that should be weighed by contradictory claims that follow.
Flashing back to quotes cited in our prior report on that date, “It feels to me that China is getting the coronavirus under control,” Apple’s Tim Cook said, per Fox News on 2.28.2020. “You look at the numbers, they’re coming down day by day by day. And so I’m very optimistic there.”
“When you look at the parts that are done in China, we have reopened factories, so the factories were able to work through the conditions to open, they’re reopening,” Cook said. “They’re also in ramp [up of factories to normal production mode]. So I think of this as sort of the third phase in getting back to normal, and we’re in phase three of the ramp mode.”
Recall that a manufactured housing producer told MHProNews similarly in a report published on 3.13.2020.
That statement by Cook and a manufactured home industry professional with skin-in-the game noted, the following should be weighed. Uber-billionaire, Microsoft and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation co-founder Bill Gates said the coronavirus may be the “once-in-a-century pathogen we’ve been worried about.” “I hope it’s not that bad, but we should assume it will be until we know otherwise,” Gates wrote in an article published Friday in The New England Journal of Medicine on 2.28.2020.
On the same day, Cook was saying life was returning to normal in China, meanwhile Bill Gates was fanning the flames of fear; why?
Which raises the question. Who benefits from this market rout?
While many are harmed, clearly, there are winners and losers.
- Taxpayers will be among the losers, because they will be asked to foot the bill for whatever “relief” packages emerge from Washington, D.C. and various states. There are no free tests, every single item will be paid for by a combination of taxes and borrowing.
- Those who sold stocks during the panic could well prove to be losers. Just days ago, the markets were at record highs. Rarely has there been such a steep market selloff. Caused by what may prove to be an illness that has thus far caused far fewer deaths than the common seasonal flu?
- Stating the obvious, those who catch this COVID19 virus and have serious or fatal health impacts; they and their loved ones are the most harmed.
- There are various sectors of the economy that will benefit or are harmed, based upon public response and public policy. The cruise line industry, airlines and travel connected businesses jump to mind, but there will be a range of others that will suffer, while big pharma, Google and other corporate giants will be apparent winners.
- Those who have deep pockets and liquid assets will almost certainly be buying the dramatic dip in the equities markets. That merits close attention in the weeks ahead. Will Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and/or others aligned with them make significant moves during this crisis?
Let’s note that nowhere in this report is there any hint that the virus isn’t real, there are no serious voices known to say otherwise. While naysayers might claim this is rumor mongering or conspiracy theories, when high-ranking public officials in the U.S., India and others involved in science are raising the concerns, isn’t it important to carefully explore their concerns?
The question’s being raised herein are about the origins of the virus, who has connections to it, why and how. Furthermore, in what way, if any, are those connected to this pandemic benefiting? Is this an overhyped event designed to spark a market selloff and economic harm for some, but with hidden benefits for others?
MHProNews previously published the graphic below, but that should be juxtaposed with the one above from Bloomberg. Note that the chart above estimates that the mortality rate of COVID19 will decline as additional data emerges.
The Questions that Must Be Properly Explored
History should have taught us that the 2008 housing and financial crisis generated winners in the run-up to the hit to financial markets who in several cases also benefited during the meltdown. This is what thoughtful observers have called one of the greatest transfers of wealth in world history.
There were warning signs in the 2008 run-up that MHProNews has periodically cited. Buffett led-Berkshire dumped his stocks in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in advance of the meltdown. The video above is one of the reminders to objective professionals that some things are said prior to a crisis that the same voices later pivot on dramatically, as if they never held the prior position.
That is an example of paying attention to the details. Those with a strictly partisan view may miss some of those details, overlooking the notion that the big money influencers of American politics often play both sides of the two-party political aisle, although they may opt to do so through so-called dark money channels.
The 2020 political race has been impacted, the question is, to what degree? Campaign events with live audiences have been cancelled. Louisiana has delayed its primary until June 20. These events would not have been imagined just a few short weeks ago.
No doubt due to the tremendous pressures of the moment, the Trump Administration has turned to some of the corporate giants like Google, Walmart and others who may gain a measure of leverage over antitrust and other probes. It isn’t easy to know in the fog of war what is occurring in the background, but once again, watching the details of the aftermath of this crisis may shed light on such matters.
Which is part of the point. This COVID19 crisis will at some point subside or pass, just as SARs, the Swine Flu, Ebola and other similar health scares did after they wrecked their respective havoc on lives and economic scenarios. What is being learned?
While far from exhaustive, among the lessons and questions that needs to be explored include the following.
- The arguably frightful power people like Gates, Buffett and others with deep pockets have. A month ago, who in manufactured housing saw this coming? This industry is frankly just a tiny subset of the greater economic impact that this COVID19 crisis has hit. Will the Gates Foundation, the World Health Organization (WHO) – which Gates’ nonprofit reportedly is a major donor to – be explored for possible collusion, information weaponization for the purported purpose of profiteering from this health crisis?
- The power of the monopolists, those who use their moats, money and media influence in a fashion that normal people who think ethically have a hard time imagining. This should be a wakeup call to all professions and thinking people, that antitrust law and other laws must be vigorously enforced, regardless of the power of those involved. If there are laws that have been broken in this coronavirus fueled crisis, and various voices in the U.S. and abroad seem to think there is evidence for that, they should be seriously and vigorously investigated and prosecuted as evidence and the law warrants.
- The lack of wisdom of having our supply chains originate in China. Their government has politely threatened not only the U.S., but other nations, with their control over much of the medications, masks, and medical equipment that originate there. Is it pure coincidence that this outbreak began while the Trump Administration was negotiating a new trade deal from China, where they de facto made on paper concessions to his administration?
- What happened to the U.S. intelligence community? Why has there been relatively little said about what, if anything, they said to warn the president and public officials about what was occurring in Wuhan?
It was just days ago that MHProNews reminded readers of some of the great financial scandals of the 21st century. There are others that date back for decades. Such cases stand as reminders that what some think are honorable people wearing suits or sport-clothes may turn out to be some of the biggest crooks of all time.
‘Never let a good crisis go to waste.’ Perhaps Gates, Buffett and others had no idea that this was coming – at this particular time. But that in itself doesn’t mean that they aren’t involved, knowing that it would come at some time. If Gates and his foundation, or elements of the U.S. government are involved in this matter, that should be brought to light. Once more, that’s not farfetched, given the weaponization of the top ranks of the FBI and possibly other intelligence services that is still be investigated by the Department of Justice.
‘The heads I win, tails you lose’ economy. Things may seemingly be going along just fine, when seemingly suddenly, there is a major disruption. At times, those who understood what was occurring end up blaming others and they may ‘win’ many times, while those harmed clearly lost.
Concerns that collusion between specific billionaires, their so-called humanitarian nonprofits, big business and governments. Our industry has certainly witnessed more than its fair share of such purportedly illicit moat-building ploys, as some related reports below reflect. This should remind industry professionals that may think they are ‘big enough’ to withstand the shock-waves inside MHVille may be more vulnerable than they realize. Ask, the investigators questions. Cui bono? Who benefits? Follow the money trail and the evidence. Insist that your public officials ask for a formal and as unbiased as possible an investigation. The American dream has arguably been undermined by those who have learned to manipulate the system to their own advantage. While this COVID19 story is still evolving, it may prove to be another instance – albeit on a much larger scale – than others noted above or in the reports below.
That’s a wrap on this chapter from the largest and most-read resource in manufactured housing “Industry News, Tips, and Views Pros Can Use,” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.
Connect on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/latonykovach
The text/image boxes below are linked to other reports, which can be accessed by clicking on them.