In the promise-keeping business, having focused on a large left-wing dark money operation earlier today, we said that there would be a report that focused on a new dark money conservative group that has formed. Our feature tonight will be that report, and it ties directly into an issue that impacts manufactured housing day by day, even though thousands of industry professionals give it little or no thought. Big tech censorship and how they can influence much of what we see, hear, and read is in the backdrop of significant parts of what passes for ‘news’ and information. While much of it is accurate, there is also inaccurate and even weaponized reports. Following our normal rundown that follows, that will be this evening’s focus.
Regular readers please note there are several tweaks and changes in some of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- A wake-up call. A top energy regulator warns of mass blackouts if even one US gas pipeline were attacked
- Silicon Valley is setting up an organization to fight online extremism
- Opinion: The US economy isn’t in the clear. A recession is still on the table
- Thomas Cook collapses, leaving thousands of travelers stranded
- Carlos Ghosn pays SEC $1 million to settle illicit compensation claims
- Melania Trump rings the opening bell at the NYSE
- Brexit’s role in Thomas Cook’s demise
- Opinion: Trump puts the US on course for higher mortgage rates
- Disney+ begins taking pre-orders
- Google launches new gaming subscription service days after Apple
- Samsung’s Galaxy Fold will go on sale in the US this week
- How to step back and delegate without losing control
- Nestlé launches luxury KitKat bars — but they’re not cheap
- GM workers start collecting $250 weekly strike pay as stoppage reaches Day 8
- Roku has lost 40% of its value as competition heats up
- This is the best week of the year to get a good deal on a house
- THE RISE OF HARD SELTZER
- Wall Street doesn’t think White Claw’s dominance will last
- Why White Claw is a victim of its own success
- Everything you wanted to know about White Claw
- America is running out of White Claw hard seltzer
- Natural Light hard seltzer? Anheuser-Busch is leaning into the trend
- European carmakers say ‘no-deal’ Brexit would be ‘catastrophic’
- The UK auto industry is facing a slow death
- Volkswagen’s electric future is quickly taking shape
- July was the worst month for India’s car market in 18 years
- The global auto industry has the worst kind of problems
- Facebook wants to put a camera in your TV
- The Instagram app on an iPhone on August 3, 2016 in London, England.
- Instagram to block weight loss ads from minors
- Strategist: US economy ‘dangerously close’ to recession
- Wine, whiskey and cheese to be hit by new tariffs
- You can get paid to watch 13 Stephen King movies
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- BOEING TO BEGIN PAYING FAMILIES OF FATAL FLIGHT VICTIMS
- Stocks end session mixed
- Americans growing more worried about the economy
- FIRST ON FOX BUSINESS: APPLE INVESTS IN AMERICA
- The move comes three days after U.S. trade officials approved exemptions that allow Apple to import key Mac Pro parts from China without them being subject to tariffs.
- California reportedly launches criminal Juul probe
- Irate Philadelphia Eagles fan caught on TV is Ivy League dean
- Antonio Brown heading back to school amid sex assault allegations
- Bruce Springsteen drops major hint about new project
- China buys 600,000 tons of US soybeans after trade talks
- Trump’s push for new Iran deal wins over UK’s Boris Johnson
- INSIDE THE TANZANIA UNDERWATER CABIN WHERE PROPOSAL TURNED DEADLY
- A Louisiana man drowned while proposing to his girlfriend below their underwater cabin at a resort off the east coast of Africa.
- UAW’s GM strike rumored to extend until this happens
- Prices at supermarkets for pork, other meat could be going up
- Michael Cohen is ‘Mr. Mayor’ at Otisville prison where he’s serving 3-year sentence
- This 2010 tabloid photo enraged Jeffrey Epstein
- McDonald’s taking ‘a loud, strange’ step to reduce loitering
- Postmates driver blasted by Lizzo reportedly fears for her life
- Goya CEO ‘threatened’ for donating food to Venezuelan refugees
- Why Trump was seen with a wad of cash
- Oprah, Apple start new chapter with ‘Oprah’s Book Club’
- Trump urges nations to increase punishment for religious crimes
- Culturintel & CIEN+ CEO & cofounder Lili Gil Valletta discusses Trump’s address on religious freedom at the United Nations.
- Trump speaks on Iran and US economy at UN General Assembly
- President Donald Trump takes reporter questions on the U.S. economy and Iran after meeting with Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in New York City during the United Nations General Assembly.
- Wall Street advisers reportedly warning wealthy clients of big tech crackdown
- FOX Business’ Charlie Gasparino says advisers are worried about a bipartisan agreement on the big tech antitrust case.
- Apple scores major victory in U.S. – China trade battle
- Apple scored a major victory when United States trade regulators on Friday approved 10 out of 15 pf their requests for tariff exemptions.
- Here’s how many people make workplace email mistakes: Survey
- According to a survey from Grammarly, 93 percent of people make mistakes in their work emails.
- Facebook dumps ‘bad actor’ apps, Twitter purges accounts tied to misinformation campaigns
- Social media giants are trying to crack down on misuse using their platforms.
- How artificial intelligence is shaping the future of society
- FOX Business’ Maria Bartiromo looks at how artificial intelligence is changing lives.
- Walgreens is testing drones for new delivery service in pilot program.
- Amazon employees to walk out ‘for livable future’
- Amazon vowed to reduce the damage to the planet by cutting its use for fossil fuels Thursday, just after an immense number of employees vowed to walk off the job saying the shopping giant needed to do more to fight for a ‘livable future.’
- Yahoo data breach: How you can get your $100
- The Yahoo settlement situation appears to be similar to Equifax’s.
- Apple releases new iPhones and reopens iconic NYC store
- Apple also reopens its flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City.
- Trump, Facebook’s Zuckerberg had ‘constructive’ meeting at White House
- The meeting comes amid heightened unease about competition in the technology sector.
- All in on Apple Arcade? This top gaming CEO says committing now is risky
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Tonight’s Business/Market/Political Impact Spotlight –
If you are a first time or new reader it is useful to know that we see manufactured housing as a non-partisan topic that ought to – and does get – bipartisan support.
If that sounds like wishful thinking, ponder the facts presented in the report found in the linked text-image box below.
Next, to set the table for this topic, industry pros and investors are wise to logon first to the article linked below.
We recently spotlighted the network established by the Koch brothers, which some see as pro-conservative, but which at least on some hot-button topics has taken a staunch stance against some Trump Administration policies.
With that backdrop, One America News Network (OANN) reporter Jack Posobiec sat down with the senior advisor of a new dark money conservative group to learn more.
This matters on several levels to manufactured housing industry pros, as the related reports outline. Note that the following span the left-right media and political divides.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)