There are numerous similar positions among the 10 Democrats that took the stage in last nights presidential debates, but there were some tussles and nuances. We’ll look this evening at one of the issues that is on the minds of tens of thousands of manufactured housing industry professionals, the outside power of consolidators. On another mixed day ahead of the G20, that will be our focus this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
- Jony Ive is leaving Apple
- Chief design officer who created the company’s sleek aesthetic is leaving after 30 years
- Companies are cutting ties with prison operators that have facilities on the US-Mexico border
- Mondelez is buying enough solar power to produce 10 billion Oreo cookies per year
- Scathing report says Walmart’s grocery store dominance must be stopped
- ConAgra, owner of Slim Jim and Birds Eye, goes all-in on fake meat
- Ford is cutting 12,000 jobs as part of its European overhaul
- These nostalgic video games are a multi-billion-dollar business
- Inside Impossible’s wild scramble to keep up with America’s newfound love for plant-based protein
- The world needs to get serious about combatting carbon emissions
- LaCroix slashed prices to stop its sales slump. Now it faces a new problem
- SPECIAL REPORT How Honda survived a trade war with the US and won over Americans
- More than 15 million viewers tuned into the first Democratic debate of the 2020 race
- Boeing drags Dow to lower finish
- Nike pulls products in China after designer sparks social media outrage
- Starbucks has nearly 1,000 stores in the UK. They’re losing money
- Dunkin’ bet on better breakfast. It’s paying off
- Starbucks will open its first store in Provo, Utah, near coffee-free BYU campus
- Luckin Coffee surges in Wall Street debut
- Why Panera is redoing breakfast
- Pier 1 is closing a dozen more stores
- Best Buy starts to sell home exercise equipment
- Toys ‘R’ Us plans to return in the United States
- The video game sales slump is killing GameStop
- Planet Fitness is moving into old Toys ‘R’ Us and Sears stores
- Apple’s iPhone designer Jony Ive to exit company
- Constitution doesn’t ban partisan gerrymandering, says Supreme Court
- GDP rises 3.1 percent showing solid growth
- TONIGHT: 2020 Democratic debate: Sanders, Biden and a party divided?
- Key business themes to watch for in Thursday’s debate.
- Nike earnings: US-China trade conflict hasn’t hurt business, company says
- Supreme Court blocks citizenship question on 2020 census for now
- Trump in Japan for G20 summit: What to expect
- Audi recalls 265k vehicles in US for multiple issues
- These US cities have the most seniors age 65 and over working
- Jackie Kennedy Onassis’ Martha’s Vineyard estate goes on market for $65M
- FAA uncovers new Boeing Max issue as carriers extend flight cancellations
- John Delaney lays strong rebuttal to Medicare-for-all in Democratic debate debut
- Warren, Booker urge DOJ to reconsider student loan company merger
- Democratic Debate 2020 Highlights
- What is the biggest threat to the US? Some 2020 Democrats think it’s China
- Elizabeth Warren pushes economic reform efforts in Democratic debate
- At first Democratic debate, sparks fly over health care
- Ford to layoff 12,000 workers in Europe, introduce new vehicle line-up
- Pier 1 Imports to shutter 57 stores and possibly more, interim CEO says
- Abercrombie & Fitch to sell CBD products at 160 stores
- Trish Regan: Student loan debt robs young people of the ability to take risk
- Trish Regan to 2020 Democrats: Enough with the free stuff, it’s not affordable nor sustainable
- FOX Business’ Trish Regan on Bernie Sanders’ policies.
- Trump-Xi trade talks at G20: America’s biggest weakness is no big secret
Today’s markets and stocks snapshot, at the closing bell…
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Per left-of-center CNBC.
· Another group of 10 Democrats will face off in the second night of the first 2020 Democratic presidential primary debate in Miami.
· Top contenders including Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigieg will take the stage on Thursday.
· Topics that could come up in the primary debate include “Medicare for All” and taxing the rich.
Here is CBS News’ take on the night two preview.
Yahoo Finance Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.