The number of firms that are reportedly being identified as the subject of federal antitrust investigations is growing. Berkshire Hathaway has not yet been mentioned in this evening’s report, but some of the commentary in the video this evening suggests potential principles that could lead federal interests to do precisely that. On a mixed day on the broader markets, but a generally up day for manufactured home industry connected stocks, all of this will be part of our featured report this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- RIP iTunes
- Apple is phasing out iTunes in favor of three apps. Here’s what will change – and what won’t
- Everything Apple announced at WWDC, from Apple sign-in to dark mode
- LIVE UPDATES Stocks finish mixed on worries about tech regulation and trade
- Chipotle could raise burrito prices by 5¢ if Mexico tariffs become permanent
- Big Tech could face US antitrust probes
- Poland Spring water will be sold in recycled bottles
- AT&T stock rises after Trump suggests a boycott
- PERSPECTIVES Hollywood’s stance against Georgia isn’t as tough as it seems
- Sephora will close all US locations on June 5 for diversity training
- Why Goldman Sachs wants to fill your eyeglass prescription
- ‘There is a business plan but it’s in Alex Jones’ head’: Court document sheds light on inner-workings of Infowars
- Russia tells Tinder to share messages and pictures with its spy agencies
- Quest Diagnostics says 12 million patients may have had their personal information exposed
- Musk says Tesla’s pickup will cost under $50,000 and be better than the F-150
- Daniel Chait and Megan Cunningham are both CEOs of their own companies.
- CEOs in love: How power couples make their lives work
- How long should you stay at a job if you aren’t being promoted?
- Should you text with your boss?
- How to recover from a bad job interview
- Yes, you have to send a thank you note after your interview. Here’s what to say
- How to look for a new job when you already have one
- Tariffs on Mexican imports will ripple across the US economy
- Outgoing White House economist says tariffs and deficits are bad for America
- Businesses warn about the risks of Mexico tariffs
- Tariffs on Mexico will hurt American business
- How tariffs are hurting US lumber
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- T-Mobile-Sprint $26B deal has Democratic lawmakers crying foul over potential approval
- Antitrust probes of Amazon, Google could force industry shift even without legal action
- Quest Diagnostics says nearly 12 million patients may have been affected by data breach
- WATCH: Amazon unveils UK pop-up shops
- Apple could face antitrust probe from Justice Department: Report
- US manufacturing activity hits multi-year lows as trade tensions weigh
- The costly retirement planning mistake most American workers are making right now
- 9 money tips for 2019 college grads
- Apple expected to shut down iTunes, announce new software updates at WWDC 2019
- Ben Carson: Manufactured homes are no longer for trailer parks
- Trump’s top economic adviser Kevin Hassett leaving post for all the right reasons
- Trump calls for boycott of AT&T over CNN outrage
- Matthew Martoma’s appeal over lucrative insider trading scheme denied by Supreme Court
- German CEOs have US economy envy
- Trump lifts year-round ethanol restrictions, could lower gas prices
- Boeing 737 jets face new safety warning amid Max scandal
- What is Elton John’s net worth? ‘Rocket Man’ singer among world’s richest artists
- Amazon Prime members now eligible for free one-day delivery on more than 10M items
- Trump’s Mexico tariffs will impact these US imports the most
- Urgent solution to retirement planning challenges
- Booming vs. bust retirements ahead: The choice is ours
- Social Security benefits: 5 ways to increase your retirement checks
- Continue to Retirement Planning
- What Trump’s new China, Mexico tariffs mean for your portfolio
- Legal CBD is good for you like Vitamin C, and is also good for the economy
- Trish: Democrats should demand transparency in investigation of FBI spying on Trump campaign
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
According to CNBC:
- The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite index fell Monday after similar regulatory headlines dinged tech giants Google, Amazon and Facebook.
- The possible Apple probe is linked to a potential Google probe, Reuters reported, and stems from meetings between the DOJ and the FTC.
- The headlines together paint a daunting picture for Silicon Valley and the stock market’s most valuable companies.
Regarding some of the reasons to launch an antitrust probe, former Assistant Attorney General at the Justice Department, Bill Baer said the following: “You Can’t Penalize Success But Can Penalize Bad Behavior.”
The Daily Business News on MHProNews did a report early this morning on this topic, linked below.
Interviews like this are helpful in sorting out some of the things that antitrust regulators are looking for, and if ‘bad behavior’ that ‘greases the skids’ so others can follow as easily, then the report linked below must be part of the mix.
One point of dispute for now, former assistant AG Baer said that politics doesn’t enter into this. Nonsense. It is Washington, D.C. Of course politics enters into this discussion.
Mobile Home Militia – “Clayton [Homes] Wants Your Cornbread Too” “Join the Revolution” – ‘You Gotta Have Swagger’ – Masthead L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach
They are industry professionals that currently hail from primarily south-central or southern states. They may hunt, fish, go to the honky-tonk, or go four wheeling in the mud for fun. They’re routinely patriots – people of faith, flag, and family, who love the constitution and their second amendment protected guns.
Rope-a-Dope – Preserving Access to Manufactured Housing Act, Mom, Dad, & You – Masthead L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach
There may be no one analogy that is entirely precise enough to make the point that the promoters of the Preserving Access to Manufactured Housing Act purportedly hoped to accomplish with their bill. All analogies limp at some point, but those disclosures made, let’s begin with the ‘rope and dope metaphor’ from boxing.
Warren Buffett’s Moat, Understanding Manufactured Housing Requires Grasping Strategic Economic Moats – Masthead L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach
When someone is introduced to manufactured homes and their tremendous value, they are often shocked. ‘ How is this much home for such a modest price possible?’ A key part of the answer mirrors any product produced in a production center. Cars built in a driveway would cost far more than a car built in production center.
Yahoo Finance Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.